benefits of intermitten fasting for bodybuilding

Options

Replies

• gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Do you track your calories? Before doing IF and after starting? What was your difference in calories.

I would put money on the fact that if you maintained the same training routines, you would experience negligible differences in body composition both on and off of IF assuming you were at the same calorie level.

That's great that you're knowledgeable in the gym and such, good for you, but you're totally missing the point of what we're all telling you here. I think there are a few things you don't understand. S4*t, there's alot I still have no clue about...
  • billyh333
    billyh333 Posts: 213
    Options
    Yes you know what else is going on how about my killer work out from my energy from fasting and then hard cardio I don't take nothing illegal or I would be a lot more then 130 pounds I like how there are haters on here I work out on my empty stomach hardcore and that strips my fat off I will post my cardio workout pic from the machine and yes i do this every day and eat 3000 bad calories a day
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Yes you know what else is going on how about my killer work out from my energy from fasting and then hard cardio I don't take nothing illegal or I would be a lot more then 130 pounds I like how there are haters on here I work out on my empty stomach hardcore and that strips my fat off I will post my cardio workout pic from the machine and yes i do this every day and eat 3000 bad calories a day

So, do you eat 3,000 calories in total or do you eat 3,000 'bad' calories and some 'good calories'? How many calories do you eat a day?

Also, do you carb/calorie cycle with IF and if so, did you prior to IF'ing?
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options

In all seriousness here's the problem I have.

1. You keep using words like killer workoutt from "fasting energy", and "hard cardio".

2. You keep saying "bad calories". There are no good or bad calories dude. Food type doesn't matter. It's about eating your calorie intake pertaining to your goals, and hitting your protein macros to retain LBM when dieting down.

3. You are telling us you defy the laws of biology by eating a surplus over TDEE and losing bodyfat. Ontop of that, you are going from 9% bodyfat to 7% in a short period of time ...WHILE eating a surplus.

If you are truly not on the juice, then this is impossible. Now...(read on)..

You probably either aren't tracking your foods or you aren't tracking them correctly and you end up eating a deficit every day. I'm curious.

What is your daily training regime and your weekly training split?

How much cardio per day AND per week are you doing?

How many active and inactive rest days per week do you take?

How tall are you?
  • billyh333
    Options
    Now after I work out hard for about 1hr on my empty stomach then I jump rope and then i hit the cardio machine for more I here is a pic of my cardio not including weights basketball all from the erergy of my fasting
  • billyh333
    Options
    Check out my if pictures my results There you have it was 164 pounds did if for 40 days now i am 130 and i eat all kinds of crap body fat was about 15 now its 7

Do you lift?
    yes i do about 5 times a week for 1 hr
  • billyh333
    Options

So, do you eat 3,000 calories in total or do you eat 3,000 'bad' calories and some 'good calories'? How many calories do you eat a day?

Also, do you carb/calorie cycle with IF and if so, did you prior to IF'ing?
    you know something most days about 5 of the 7 I eat bad like pizza icecream and soda whatever I can get my hands on just broke up with my gf was with her along time and i took all my pain and heartache out on my fitness cause its my only stress reliever
  • billyh333
    Options
    I am 5'7 and 1/2

In all seriousness here's the problem I have.

1. You keep using words like killer workoutt from "fasting energy", and "hard cardio".

2. You keep saying "bad calories". There are no good or bad calories dude. Food type doesn't matter. It's about eating your calorie intake pertaining to your goals, and hitting your protein macros to retain LBM when dieting down.

3. You are telling us you defy the laws of biology by eating a surplus over TDEE and losing bodyfat. Ontop of that, you are going from 9% bodyfat to 7% in a short period of time ...WHILE eating a surplus.

If you are truly not on the juice, then this is impossible. Now...(read on)..

You probably either aren't tracking your foods or you aren't tracking them correctly and you end up eating a deficit every day. I'm curious.

What is your daily training regime and your weekly training split?

How much cardio per day AND per week are you doing?

How many active and inactive rest days per week do you take?

How tall are you?
  • billyh333
    Options
    your right its diffrent strokes for diffrent fokes eveything is not in black in white you might be right but b4 I did if I was very active
    Do you track your calories? Before doing IF and after starting? What was your difference in calories.

I would put money on the fact that if you maintained the same training routines, you would experience negligible differences in body composition both on and off of IF assuming you were at the same calorie level.

That's great that you're knowledgeable in the gym and such, good for you, but you're totally missing the point of what we're all telling you here. I think there are a few things you don't understand. S4*t, there's alot I still have no clue about...
    and ate better and did about 5 small meals aday
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Your 5'7 and 130lbs????? That's not even 7%...thats like 3%. At that height and bw, you barely exist on this planet dude.
  • billyh333
    Options
    I respect all you are saying I am saying killer workouts cause when i do my fasting my energy levels are very high and there are good calories vs bad calories like ice cream and soda calories are very fat but tuna and chicken calories are not and on the juice I am a little dude weight 130 I wish I could be like 160 but when i was or if i did it would be fat and when someone is on juice they are spose to eat all the time I also have a killer job I work on a oil rig and that's very tuff hardcore work they have me do like carrying 100 bags of concrete that is almost my body weight doing 15 hr shifts the work I do there is 10 times harder them working out at the gym and i drink lots of protein
  • billyh333
    Options
    Your 5'7 and 130lbs????? That's not even 7%...thats like 3%. At that height and bw, you barely exist on this planet dude.
    well I am 7.7 percent body fat and the 5,7 1/2 is with shoes on lol I have a trainer test my body fat at the gym and also they have one at gnc and plus online and its always between 7.2 and 7.7
  • billyh333
    Options
    The old story is that you can't lose fat and gain muscle at the same time and i did it first hand if you look that up on Google it now says that is not true that u can loose weight and gain muscle after all kinds of new researchers
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    The old story is that you can't lose fat and gain muscle at the same time and i did it first hand if you look that up on Google it now says that is not true that u can loose weight and gain muscle after all kinds of new researchers

You still have not actually answered the question as to how many daily calories you are eating.

But....at 138lb with 9% BF you had 125.6lb of LBM, At 130lb with 7.7% BF you had 120lb LBM. So how, pray tell, have you gained muscle?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

You still have not actually answered the question as to how many daily calories you are eating.

But....at 138lb with 9% BF you had 125.6lb of LBM, At 130lb with 7.7% BF you had 120lb LBM. So how, pray tell, have you gained muscle?

rimshot.
  • billyh333
    Options

well in the forty days i lost about 20 ish pounds of body fat and could only put on like 3 pounds of muscle I have a very hard time putting on muscle maybe like 2 pounds a month
  • billyh333
    Options

I was always stuck at about 162 ish b4 i did the if and had a hardtime losing my fat

rimshot.
  • billyh333
    Options
    when someone is on the juice they go up in weight i am going to post the past 4 days on my scale while on If
    yes that is correct i will post my b4 and after pics in the next 15 min to my profile with my progress my main profile pic now i was at 138 now i am 130 and cut when I started if it took me about 40 days to go from 164 to 138 and yes I have a bad sweet tooth so i shall post my b4 and after pics in a couple mins and yes I eat about 3000-4000 calories aday in junk I could not do that with the 6 small meals
    I have at least 3 sodas sometimes a haft gallon of icecreame what ever I want and still lose 8 pounds in 10 days and my body fat was about 9 now its 7ish great for only having a late breakfast.

Because you ended up eating a calorie deficit over the course of 10 days.

Your 10 day TDEE was greater than your Calorie intake.
    no I mean a haft gallon of icecream a day and 3 sodas a day I think a haft gallon of bryers ice cream has about 3000 calories in it the soda has 250 so 3 of them is 750 calories and I eat more then that .

WHAT?!?!

It's very difficult to understand what you're saying. Joe decoded most of it- I can't take credit here. So what you're saying, is at 9%BF you switched to IF, and started eating 3000-4000 calories in junk surplus, above your maintenance TDEE, and in 10 days you lowered your body fat from 9% to 7%? The only difference being that you switched to IF?

How exactly did you measure your body fat? There has to be something else going on here.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

well in the forty days i lost about 20 ish pounds of body fat and could only put on like 3 pounds of muscle I have a very hard time putting on muscle maybe like 2 pounds a month

First..huh?

Secondly - check these posts out that explain why BF measurements are really not that accurate so it is very hard for assertions, especially ones that fly in the face of human biology, to be taken on face value.

Cliffnotes:

Summary:
    3.Even the best techniques have a 4-5% error rate when measuring change over time. This means, to accurately detect a decrease in body fat in most people, the body fat percentage needs to drop by a minimum of 4-5%. This means you should take long periods of time between measurements. I would say a bare minimum of 3 months, but 6 months is probably better. I see too many people taking measurements as often as every 4 weeks or so. That’s too frequent and unreliable.

http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/?page_id=283

Skinfolds: The Verdict
    Like BIA, skinfolds can be way off when it comes to determining body fat percentage in individuals. When it comes to tracking change over time in groups, then skinfolds do pretty well. However, errors for tracking change in individuals over time can be up to 3-5%. Thus, if you are going to use skinfolds for tracking a single person over time, I recommend very long time intervals between measurements (minimum of 3 months but 6 months is better); otherwise, the error rate is higher than the change that you can see. In fact, I recommend against even calculating a body fat percentage. If skinfold thicknesses are going down, then you are likely losing fat.

http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/?page_id=250

See, I quote my sources.
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    bumped to read later