• billyh333
    billyh333 Posts: 213
    Options
    My weight pics are up check them out that was in 4 days
  • billyh333
    Options
    You have a lot of knowledge
    The old story is that you can't lose fat and gain muscle at the same time and i did it first hand if you look that up on Google it now says that is not true that u can loose weight and gain muscle after all kinds of new researchers

You still have not actually answered the question as to how many daily calories you are eating.

But....at 138lb with 9% BF you had 125.6lb of LBM, At 130lb with 7.7% BF you had 120lb LBM. So how, pray tell, have you gained muscle?
    well in the forty days i lost about 20 ish pounds of body fat and could only put on like 3 pounds of muscle I have a very hard time putting on muscle maybe like 2 pounds a month

First..huh?

Secondly - check these posts out that explain why BF measurements are really not that accurate so it is very hard for assertions, especially ones that fly in the face of human biology, to be taken on face value.

Cliffnotes:

Summary:
    3.Even the best techniques have a 4-5% error rate when measuring change over time. This means, to accurately detect a decrease in body fat in most people, the body fat percentage needs to drop by a minimum of 4-5%. This means you should take long periods of time between measurements. I would say a bare minimum of 3 months, but 6 months is probably better. I see too many people taking measurements as often as every 4 weeks or so. That’s too frequent and unreliable.

http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/?page_id=283

Skinfolds: The Verdict
    Like BIA, skinfolds can be way off when it comes to determining body fat percentage in individuals. When it comes to tracking change over time in groups, then skinfolds do pretty well. However, errors for tracking change in individuals over time can be up to 3-5%. Thus, if you are going to use skinfolds for tracking a single person over time, I recommend very long time intervals between measurements (minimum of 3 months but 6 months is better); otherwise, the error rate is higher than the change that you can see. In fact, I recommend against even calculating a body fat percentage. If skinfold thicknesses are going down, then you are likely losing fat.

http://weightology.net/weightologyweekly/?page_id=250

See, I quote my sources.
    [/quote]
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You know what, taking pictures of a scale (and who does that anyway!) means nothing, particularly over a 4 day period, especially when you provide no information about your calorie intake and macro levels. I can weigh 4lb different within a 24 hour period - does it mean I have lost fat, absolutely not.

I am not disputing you have lost weight - and if you are eating 3,000 calories a day,based on your workouts and age, you are actually probably at a deficit.

No information you have provided actually backs up any of your claims about the miracle of IF.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

Thank you. Most of what I know came from 'listening' to a lot of the folks on hear who know significantly more than me (some of them have already posted on this thread) and from doing my own research.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Pal, nobody has mentioned juice but you. Nobody thinks you're on juice. The general consensus is there's something you're miscalculating- either intake, calories burned, likely your BF% calculations, maybe other factors, or you're a wizard.

The claims you are making are impossible, given the information you've provided. No pics you post will prove otherwise. You simply can't go from eating 6 meals to IF eating and get the results you're claiming in 10 days.

If it's working for you, and you believe your results- awesome. Congrats on your success and keep up the great work. It's a problem when you imply that others can get those types of results, because they can't. False hope and unrealistic goals cause people to fail at achieving their goals, which is why everyone is jumping on you about this. Sorry for being so blunt.

Correction: Joe mentioned juice. But I'm going to take some liberty and say I still don't think he meant to imply that you're on juice at 130 lbs. Something else is wrong.
  • sydnisd183
    sydnisd183 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    wow strong trollage
  • billyh333
    Options
    your welcome and I just burn so many calories aday like with hard work and working out and i eat about 3000 calories aday my whole topic was I was stuck at my weight untill I did if same amount of calories same workout just I stoped the 6 small meals again

Thank you. Most of what I know came from 'listening' to a lot of the folks on hear who know significantly more than me (some of them have already posted on this thread) and from doing my own research.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    scale pics = silly
    I lose 5-6 lbs from the time I go to bed........to after my morning potty stop........everyday

at 130 maybe you should eat more often......I weigh 185 st 5'7" and at 130 losing weight would be the last thing on my mind

p.s.

I like IF because I can eat bigger portions when I do eat, it makes eating less easier when trying to lose weight.....for me anyway
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Pal, nobody has mentioned juice but you. Nobody thinks you're on juice. The general consensus is there's something you're miscalculating- either intake, calories burned, likely your BF% calculations, maybe other factors, or you're a wizard.

The claims you are making are impossible, given the information you've provided. No pics you post will prove otherwise. You simply can't go from eating 6 meals to IF eating and get the results you're claiming in 10 days.

If it's working for you, and you believe your results- awesome. Congrats on your success and keep up the great work. It's a problem when you imply that others can get those types of results, because they can't. False hope and unrealistic goals cause people to fail at achieving their goals, which is why everyone is jumping on you about this. Sorry for being so blunt.

Correction: Joe mentioned juice. But I'm going to take some liberty and say I still don't think he meant to imply that you're on juice at 130 lbs. Something else is wrong.

OP: I am coming at this from the same place as MoreBeans. IF is a very good tool for a lot of people if it fits into your lifestyle. I usually eat within a window that is consistent with an IF protocal because that fits my eating habits so I am in no way anti-IF. However, making claims on all the things that IF can do, that has no basis in reality makes things more confusing and harder for many folks. A lot of people keep their hunger at bay (and therefore their calories) by eating often.

What I would hate to happen is for some folks to read this thread, think that they can eat what they want as long as they eat within the feeding window, and then undo a lot of work they have already done. Hence, me giving you a hard time with this thread.
  • billyh333
    Options
    3. You are telling us you defy the laws of biology by eating a surplus over TDEE and losing bodyfat. Ontop of that, you are going from 9% bodyfat to 7% in a short period of time ...WHILE eating a surplus.

If you are truly not on the juice, then this is impossible. Now.
  • billyh333
    Options
    That comment there is assuming i am on something
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    i think i just lost 5lbs reading this thread ...... smh
  • billyh333
    Options
    Well your into body building and your very muscular I am in2 fitness and there are lots of guys in the ufc that are 5'7 135 and are very built
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Well your into body building and your very muscular I am in2 fitness and there are lots of guys in the ufc that are 5'7 135 and are very built

maybe change the title of your thread then
  • billyh333
    Options
    scale pics = silly
    I lose 5-6 lbs from the time I go to bed........to after my morning potty stop........everyday

at 130 maybe you should eat more often......I weigh 185 st 5'7" and at 130 losing weight would be the last thing on my mind

p.s.

I like IF because I can eat bigger portions when I do eat, it makes eating less easier when trying to lose weight.....for me anyway
    well holly crap I could never be as muscular as you a natural body builder without juice puts on about 20 pounds a muscle in 3 years so about 8 pounds a year
  • billyh333
    Options

maybe change the title of your thread then
    lol your right but I am just starting
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    scale pics = silly

p.s.

well holly crap I could never be as muscular as you a natural body builder without juice puts on about 20 pounds a muscle in 3 years so about 8 pounds a year

Didnt you just tell us you put on 3 pounds in 40 days?
    well in the forty days i lost about 20 ish pounds of body fat and could only put on like 3 pounds of muscle I have a very hard time putting on muscle maybe like 2 pounds a month
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    ohhhh....not again.
  • billyh333
    Options
    I am just going to delete this stupid blog you all have a blessed night can someone tell me how to delete a blog
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Your 5'7 and 130lbs????? That's not even 7%...thats like 3%. At that height and bw, you barely exist on this planet dude.

I am 5'8, weighed around 115-120 when I was 25 and pretty much all defined muscles. Are you saying I "barely existed" that's pretty insulting.
    I was very fit, very active and had a very strenulous job lifting 25-50lbs or moving quickly, barely ever standing still for 6-8 hour shifts. "barely exist"? yeah, whatevs. i was fit and ran circles around most people my age and younger, including the guys. It sucked to have co-workers say "oh, you're so thin, you need to eat more" especially when it was the fat people. Are you kidding me? Why is it completely ok for a fat person to say "oh, you need to eat more" But if I were to ever comment on a fat co-worker needing to lose weight I'd get reprimanded or even fired. I'll take a 6 pack and "barely exist" than being overweight, unhealthy, feel ugly and feel like crap every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

That said.
    people need to do their own research and take stuff stated on here with a grain of salt, not as fact. Every body is different and reacts differently to various diets. If you think it might work for you, research and give it a try. Give it a few weeks. Listen to your body and if you feel terrible, try something different or what has been successful for you in the past.