Any good substitutes for ice cream cravings????

Options

Replies

• bastgoddess7
    bastgoddess7 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Blue Bunny Sweet Freedom Sugar Free Ice Cream in double strawberry.
    There are other flavors, but this particular one is only 90 calories per 1/2 cup servinge and it tastes wonderful.
  • g4genn
    g4genn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup orange juice with pulp or 1 navel orange
    10 frozen strawberries
    1 cup of greek non fat yogurt.

Blend until smooth. Voila, ice cream that's good for you.
  • g4genn
    g4genn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    oh and mini cones with super luxurious ice cream like Baskin Robbins chocolate mousse royale.
  • Dyetcoke1
    Dyetcoke1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Yes! It summer, get a box of snack bags, freeze the fruit thats getting or comes too ripe. Ice cream is an impulse grab sometimes to cool off your mouth, sometimes for the sweet pleasure. Most fruits are yummy frozen,except maybe apples. Melon, bananas (cut to bite size), stawberries, cherries, blueberries. I find things like stawberries better frozen whe cut in half first.
  • Bam38Lee
    Options
    try yonanas.com its a machine u make fruit snacks with suppose 2 b like icecream except no added sugars or bad stuff.... main fruit used is bananas!!!!! i was told about this by friend i havnt bought 1 yet but im gonna!!!
  • FitSuga
    FitSuga Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Kemps, no sugar added vanilla frozen yogurt. 1/2 cup 70 cals. So yummy.
  • ksdaniels1
    ksdaniels1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    sugar free fudgesicles. only 40 cal a piece.
  • ShaunaLouiseGetsFit
    Options
    make your own ice cream - is healthier and less money.

i made a banana, honey and peanut butter ice cream with chocolate chips and it was delish.

chop the banana into slices, use more than one banana as one banana really isn't enough! freeze it. blend then banana in a blend into it tuns into an ice cream substance, add 1tbs honey and 1tbs peanut butter (more if you need to) and add in a couple of chocolate chips and refreeze the ice cream and enjoy :)
  • SelenityJ
    SelenityJ Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I like making smoothies. I'll use greek yogurt plain as the base, add in fruit, skim milk, and ice and I'm good to go!

Alternatively I'll walk up to the ice cream shop and buy a single cherry yogurt cone and I feel good because I walked there and back to get it so I feel as if I worked for it. ^_^
  • pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    I like the mini drumstick cones. Because they are mini it's portion controlled to be 110-150 calories.
    Skinny Cow ice creams.
    No Sugar Added ice cream sandwiches
    Sweet Freedom ice cream bars
    No Sugar Fudgesicles

These are my faves.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    YES!
    Chop up a banana and stick it in the freezer for a couple of hours.
    Throw in a blender and TAH-DAH! Banana ice cream.
    It has the same consistency and texture too.

+1 - This works and tastes great! Weigh and throw in some chocolate chips for a bit of variety :wink:
  • kddruckenmiller
    kddruckenmiller Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've been on an orange sherbet kick lately. I don't know if you like sherbet, but it's cold and really hits the spot when I want something sweet. Only 110 calories for a half cup, and no fat.
  • BobbieLee1959
    BobbieLee1959 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I have a Ninja with the single serve cup, and I agree with the frozen banana trick! I like to blend in some berries or cherries (minus seeds or pits) and it makes a delicious, smooth and creamy and VERY HEALTHY shake...yumm!!

I just take blackberries or raspberries 1/2-3/4 of a cup; mix with water (enough to cover them). Blend on single serve until juicy and frothy. Pour through a metal strainer if you prefer seedless (I do!). Then pour this back into the rinsed cup. Add a frozen banana cut into thirds~I usually add another third for 1 1/3 which gives this a decidedly natural sweet flavor. Blend until smooth! Add water if it is too thick. Then ENJOY and for a pittance you have a delishie low-cal treat!! MMMMMMMM!!!
  • Youngfleur
    Youngfleur Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I like frozen yogurt.
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all 6 pages of comments ;) but the frozen banana is awesome blended with a little milk or soy milk and about 1-2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
  • fireballaaa
    fireballaaa Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SABollman
    SABollman Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I love Eddys Lime Bars!!!
  • AdrianasMombieED
    AdrianasMombieED Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    when i have ice cream cravings, i buy low fat vanilla yoghurt, put it in a tiny bowl, stick it in the freezer and wait til its done.
    it makes me think im having ice cream because im taking it out of the freezer
  • magivel
    Options
    Greek yogurt seems to do it for me! It's creamy and thick. I think that's what does it for me. I have a hard time with the thin type yogurt. Try it and see if it works for you. This is coming from someone that loves peanut butter and chocolate ice cream, or butter pecan, or moose tracks or any thing with the word ice and cream together!!! Good luck...i know you can do it!!!!!
  • rachelbethany
    rachelbethany Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    YES!
    Chop up a banana and stick it in the freezer for a couple of hours.
    Throw in a blender and TAH-DAH! Banana ice cream.
    It has the same consistency and texture too.

Yes! You can add cocoa or other things to manipulate the flavor. BUT DO BE SURE TO PUT IT IN THE BLENDER OR FOOD PROCESSOR. If you don't, it will not have the same ice cream consistency. The food processor makes it light and airy!