Got Milk?! Recovery Benefits of Milk

Options
14567810»

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

Oh I wasn't fear Mongering....just raising a point..lol Actually, I was mentioning that milk has Saturated fat and for many of you who mentioned if fat fits into your macros you eat it...I would say absolutely....just minimize your "SATURATED" fat. That's all. Two glasses of milk isn't going to do much harm. Again, I was just raising the point that be aware it is saturated fat and most of the studies I've seen that are good in the literature use fat free.

I respectfully disagree. When you start throwing out things about heart attacks and stroke, that is fear mongering. That's not "just raising a point". Also, I don't agree that saturated fat has to be "minimized" I just has to be managed as with any essential nutrient. The debate on saturated fat is for another thread so in the interest of not derailing, I'll just leave it that.

Which studies are you refering to that say fat is better. Any study I've seen, including the one from the OP as well as the article I posted from bodyrecomposition.com indicate that the full fat milk shows superior results for protein synthesis. Thus superior recovery. If you have different info, feel free to post your proof sources. You may also want to do a little research on the The Lipid Hypothesis Debunked. Saturated fats are not inherently bad and have some benefits in the appropriate dose and context. They are not automatically to be avoided.

You missed a key point in his statement Pags. "most of the studies I've seen **that are good** " Basically, if it's a study he agrees with, it's good. If he doesn't agree with it, it's broscience, or put out by the Milk Conglomerate, or just general BS. But they definitely are *not good*".
  • jnich50
    jnich50 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm curious where the funding for this study came from. Knowing the inflammatory effects, I remain skeptical about the value of milk although I do agree that whole, non-pasturized from grass fed cows is the way to go if you're gonna imbibe.

Funding probably came from dairy farmers. lol. Organic would be a better choice if a person has to drink cow milk. Although most doctors now recommend staying away from it completely.

Go ahead and slam me people, I won't even see it.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Oh I wasn't fear Mongering....just raising a point..lol Actually, I was mentioning that milk has Saturated fat and for many of you who mentioned if fat fits into your macros you eat it...I would say absolutely....just minimize your "SATURATED" fat. That's all. Two glasses of milk isn't going to do much harm. Again, I was just raising the point that be aware it is saturated fat and most of the studies I've seen that are good in the literature use fat free.

I respectfully disagree. When you start throwing out things about heart attacks and stroke, that is fear mongering. That's not "just raising a point". Also, I don't agree that saturated fat has to be "minimized" I just has to be managed as with any essential nutrient. The debate on saturated fat is for another thread so in the interest of not derailing, I'll just leave it that.

Which studies are you refering to that say fat is better. Any study I've seen, including the one from the OP as well as the article I posted from bodyrecomposition.com indicate that the full fat milk shows superior results for protein synthesis. Thus superior recovery. If you have different info, feel free to post your proof sources. You may also want to do a little research on the The Lipid Hypothesis Debunked. Saturated fats are not inherently bad and have some benefits in the appropriate dose and context. They are not automatically to be avoided.

You missed a key point in his statement Pags. "most of the studies I've seen **that are good** " Basically, if it's a study he agrees with, it's good. If he doesn't agree with it, it's broscience, or put out by the Milk Conglomerate, or just general BS. But they definitely are *not good*".

Thanks for clearing that up for my Dave. I guess I was just confused. Glad to know I have freinds that can help a brother out!