Do you think there's a masculinity crisis in America?

Options
1202122232426»

Replies

• ubuntufav
    Options
    Yeah, people got mad about this thread but look at this thread. Hmmmmmmm. I guess that is ok because she is a woman.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/705380-i-hate-fat-people-rant
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    Yeah, people got mad about this thread but look at this thread. Hmmmmmmm. I guess that is ok because she is a woman.

:noway: What a **** !! I hadn't seen that one- but it does seem she caught some grief.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options

I call that just being plain mean.

Thats like saying "I dont mean to offend you but..." Just because someone says a small disclaimer, doesnt make it any less offensive.

If a man or woman said that, it would evoke the same reaction. Because I tend to not let rants and name calling over the internet get to me, it evoked little to no response. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but a little courtesy and compassion when letting your opinion be known (eg. acting civil) goes a long way in my book.
  • Iceman1800
    Iceman1800 Posts: 476
    Options
    Does this really need a part 2? The first one got pretty heated. I can't see this ending any better
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Does this really need a part 2? The first one got pretty heated. I can't see this ending any better

Stop whining and act like a man.

I sound like Brando.

I f--kin' love The Godfather.
  • likearadiowave
    likearadiowave Posts: 445 Member
    Options

Nope, but that's possibly a "troll" thread (maybe not, but it could be). Also, if you read through the posts, you'll see people disagreeing with her too.

And it isn't because she's a woman, it's probably because her post was ignorant and filled with ridiculousness.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options

Nope, but that's possibly a "troll" thread (maybe not, but it could be). Also, if you read through the posts, you'll see people disagreeing with her too.

And it isn't because she's a woman, it's probably because her post was ignorant and filled with ridiculousness.

It was also deleted.
  • ubuntufav
    Options

I sound like Brando.

The Godfather is awesome.
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options

I sound like Brando.

I saw that as a child, babysitter had me watch it for some reason. Had nightmares of horse heads in beds for a few nights, but since then, its a staple of Hollywood legend for sure.

Anyone ever play the game for it? Even the game was badass.
  • gshoemaker06
    gshoemaker06 Posts: 264 Member
    Options

I sound like Brando.

I saw that as a child, babysitter had me watch it for some reason. Had nightmares of horse heads in beds for a few nights, but since then, its a staple of Hollywood legend for sure.

Yes! The game was BA. I loved the movie, but the books were hands down amazing. Even the sequel (but not the trequel spin-off)
  • ubuntufav
    Options
    Never played the game, Ill have to check it out.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

I sound like Brando.

Yes! The game was BA. I loved the movie, but the books were hands down amazing. Even the sequel (but not the trequel spin-off)

I haven't played the game but saw the commercial. Might check it out.

The book was AMAZING! But the movie was very well done too. I would even go and say that it was one of the rare cases where the movie lived up to the book. And the best part is that the godfather2, where as there was no second book for godfather (I guess The sicilian could be considered a side story but not really)