Do you think there's a masculinity crisis in America?

Options

Replies

• Fatal1ty2k5
    Fatal1ty2k5 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Ever notice how in all tv shows and media, men are portrayed by weak idiots who let woman walk all over them. Don't believe me. watch Two in a half men. They're the worst offenders.

Yes I have noticed and its fcking annoying.
  • juicygurl1
    juicygurl1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Society is gravitating towards gender neutral, so the traditional stereo type rolls for the sexes is changing with it.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Honestly: Do you think there's a masculinity crisis in America? Are more men allowing women to dominate relationships?

Says the man who was deleted from my FL because he whined all day long and said things just to make the ladies either swoon or feel bad for him? Intentional or not, it's not very masculine to cry for attention.

^^ I love this!!! HAHAHA
    I think you come across as chauvinistic by your statement.
    Personally I think I can still do the dishes and be a man.
    I don't think it is some crisis.
    We all play a role in life...just don't be an over-actor.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    And the OP deactivated.....Mission Accomplished.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    clearly NOTHING is more manly than illiteracy.

it makes me all tingly.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    There def is one. Guys dont have manly role models anymore. Men are doing what women were doing back in the say with have small dogs, small cars, eating salads instead of fries, skinny jeans, purses, opting for frees-by instead of throwing a football, reading books at the pool instead of swimming, drinking fruity drinks, listening to boy groups like One Direction instead of man music, going with other guys to watch romantic comedies, talking about feelings, and opting for pink instead of other colors. Guys being like this are weak and easy for women to take control over them. I dont know one guy who wears the pants in the relationship. I dont get it.

seems like you need different guys to hang out with

For real... My husband would never be caught dead wearing skinny jeans, he is more of a baseball cap and loose fit jeans type of guy... I would love for him to eat a salad once in a while (I would prefer he stick around past his 30's).... define "man music"... and pink used to be a boy color... it was considered a "light red" and red was the color of strength and honor... whereas blue was/is the color of innocence, purity, and truth.... Oh and my husband only watchs rom-com's if I turn it on....

Oh and agree with a previous poster in that masculinity has nothing to do with dominance over women...
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    awwwwwwwww he deactivated his account !!! LOL
  • KJoy7
    KJoy7 Posts: 246
    Options
    Yes
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Ever notice how in all tv shows and media, men are portrayed by weak idiots who let woman walk all over them. Don't believe me. watch Two in a half men. They're the worst offenders.

Oh yes. Here we go again. Men have it sooooooooooooo rough. Oh the plight of the male.
    Whining about such things, not manly.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options

dying!!!!!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    There is no crisis. We have succeeded in training them and we rule the worlddddd!!
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

hahahaha
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I think women have always been running the show pretty much, its really nothing new, we are just subtle creatures!

[img removed by mod][/img]
    This, guys just take a long time to realize it.
    Sorry honey, I have a hand and it doesn't talk back or demand things in exchange.

So the biggest question I have yet to see address is, what exactly is "manly"? Hairy chest, monosyllabic conversations? Chest thumping?
  • _Elemenopee_
    _Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    He already deactivated...that was fun!
  • It_never_ends
    It_never_ends Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is a crisis. the only thing i'm noticing is men getting lazier and lazier. My sister has 2 kids works 2 jobs and her husbands stays home and plays video games. My 2 best friend both have kids and jobs but there husband/boyfriend stay home and do nothing.

My guy used to work but he quit, now I work 3 jobs and he plays video games. Why would I clean his house and make him a sandwich? If guys want to stay at home they need to learn the proper roll of a stay at home mom/wife/girlfriend. Clean, take care of kids, cook meals, grocery shop and take care of there girl.

If my guy worked and could pay all the bills I would stay at home and do everything for him, I have no problem with that. If he wants to act like a house wife, I'll treat him like a house wife.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    i can't do this.
  • vkruithof
    vkruithof Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I prefer to dominate in the bedroom!

LOL....

No really, there is a crisis and I think it's the mothers faults not the S.O.'s... I refuse to get married again, until I meet a man that is more of a man than I am. Seriously!?! No woman wants to be able to push a man around and get her way all the time through manipulation. Not me anyhow. I'd love to find a man that shares everything with me, and can keep me in my place when need be. (Again, the bedroom.) LOL.

Just my thoughts. :)
  • Rayand22
    Rayand22 Posts: 18
    Options
    Honestly: Do you think there's a masculinity crisis in America? Are more men allowing women to dominate relationships?

Says the man who was deleted from my FL because he whined all day long and said things just to make the ladies either swoon or feel bad for him? Intentional or not, it's not very masculine to cry for attention.

I dated him and he is a great guy so you dont know what you are talking about. Women swoon over him because he is hot, honest, successful, and a real man. I am sure he does not miss you. It is stupid and immature for attacking people for stating an opinion that is different than yours. He was just asking a question and I am one female who agrees with him. Men are way too girly for my taste. I like a real man, not a man who I may have to worry about leaving him alone at my place and he might try on my clothes.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    I wanted to pull his man card............yes there is a masculinity crisis! Grow a pair and start acting like men again. Sweep a woman off her feet...........treat her like a queen............and reap the rewards!!! There's a few details to work in the middle too but c'mon guy's!!!!

Agreed, I see too many men, and even worse boys these days that are being brought up like girls and don't even know what it means to be manly. Wearing skinny jeans and eye makeup does not a man make LOL.

I was always taught that actions are what made a man rather than how they dressed, just sayin!
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    The issue is related to eye brow and chest waxing.

:laugh: