Do you think there's a masculinity crisis in America?

Options

Replies

• 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    Masculinity declined when men stopped being gentlemen.

My boys are being raised to be gentlemen and treat women with respect as equals. Not dominate them!
  • Turtlehurdle
    Options
    regenboogey.gif
  • tishajo
    tishajo Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    He already deactivated...that was fun!

Yeah. I guess he couldn't handle the responses. :huh:
  • AJ_Pete
    AJ_Pete Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Honestly: Do you think there's a masculinity crisis in America? Are more men allowing women to dominate relationships?

Says the man who was deleted from my FL because he whined all day long and said things just to make the ladies either swoon or feel bad for him? Intentional or not, it's not very masculine to cry for attention.

I dated him and he is a great guy so you dont know what you are talking about. Women swoon over him because he is hot, honest, successful, and a real man. I am sure he does not miss you. It is stupid and immature for attacking people for stating an opinion that is different than yours. He was just asking a question and I am one female who agrees with him. Men are way too girly for my taste. I like a real man, not a man who I may have to worry about leaving him alone at my place and he might try on my clothes.

Dated... past tense. So you saw his feed then? Complaining about hipsters and this person and that person and ALWAYS posting drunk, right? Great catch.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    He already deactivated...that was fun!

Yeah. I guess he couldn't handle the responses. :huh:
    "manly"
  • lucythinmint
    Options
    I think women have always been running the show pretty much, its really nothing new, we are just subtle creatures!

removed by mod

THIS^^^^
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Crisis? Nah. But too many men are *****-whipped and afraid of ever saying "no" to a woman. Women don't find doormats sexy.
  • Turtlehurdle
    Options
    demotivational-posters-man-card.jpg
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    Crisis? Nah. But too many men are *****-whipped and afraid of ever saying "no" to a woman. Women don't find doormats sexy.

No, we sure do not.
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    I don't think it is a crisis. the only thing i'm noticing is men getting lazier and lazier. My sister has 2 kids works 2 jobs and her husbands stays home and plays video games. My 2 best friend both have kids and jobs but there husband/boyfriend stay home and do nothing.

My guy used to work but he quit, now I work 3 jobs and he plays video games. Why would I clean his house and make him a sandwich? If guys want to stay at home they need to learn the proper roll of a stay at home mom/wife/girlfriend. Clean, take care of kids, cook meals, grocery shop and take care of there girl.

If my guy worked and could pay all the bills I would stay at home and do everything for him, I have no problem with that. If he wants to act like a house wife, I'll treat him like a house wife.

And that my friend is the crisis. Men are being replaced by wimps who don't stick around for their families. They want to make excuses rather than work. They want to screw around on their wives, and hold no morals. They want to let not just their wives, but even their children boss them around. I'll agree that whole man wears the pants and women stay in the kitchen thing is an old mentality that should die. But not because men are too lazy to lead their families and earn a respectable living. It should be because men respect their wives as leaders as well.
  • crazy_indeed
    crazy_indeed Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Ummm, guys are wearing skinny jeans <-- Yes, there is a crisis!
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    I don't think it is a crisis. the only thing i'm noticing is men getting lazier and lazier. My sister has 2 kids works 2 jobs and her husbands stays home and plays video games. My 2 best friend both have kids and jobs but there husband/boyfriend stay home and do nothing.

My guy used to work but he quit, now I work 3 jobs and he plays video games. Why would I clean his house and make him a sandwich? If guys want to stay at home they need to learn the proper roll of a stay at home mom/wife/girlfriend. Clean, take care of kids, cook meals, grocery shop and take care of there girl.

If my guy worked and could pay all the bills I would stay at home and do everything for him, I have no problem with that. If he wants to act like a house wife, I'll treat him like a house wife.

And that my friend is the crisis. Men are being replaced by wimps who don't stick around for their families. They want to make excuses rather than work. They want to screw around on their wives, and hold no morals. They want to let not just their wives, but even their children boss them around. I'll agree that whole man wears the pants and women stay in the kitchen thing is an old mentality that should die. But not because men are too lazy to lead their families and earn a respectable living. It should be because men respect their wives as leaders as well.

Yep, just like my sons father. Out there creating MULTIPLE children but then begging them not to take him for child support . I'm the ONE who did- and he complained that the 60 a month would put him behind - and told me I was being shady. Some men are such winners!
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    Ummm, guys are wearing skinny jeans <-- Yes, there is a crisis!

AMEN!!!
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Honestly: Do you think there's a masculinity crisis in America? Are more men allowing women to dominate relationships?

Says the man who was deleted from my FL because he whined all day long and said things just to make the ladies either swoon or feel bad for him? Intentional or not, it's not very masculine to cry for attention.

I dated him and he is a great guy so you dont know what you are talking about. Women swoon over him because he is hot, honest, successful, and a real man. I am sure he does not miss you. It is stupid and immature for attacking people for stating an opinion that is different than yours. He was just asking a question and I am one female who agrees with him. Men are way too girly for my taste. I like a real man, not a man who I may have to worry about leaving him alone at my place and he might try on my clothes.

You're not dating him anymore...now are you? Sooooo STFU
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure an individual's feeling of masculinity does not constitute a "crisis" in my world

Or does that answer the question more than I intended? :)
  • PunkyG210
    PunkyG210 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Not when I'm watching Shemar Moore on the Ellen show! That man is just too hot for words!
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options

lol & i'm sure she is HEARTBROKEN over him not missing her. /Please note HEAVY sarcasm.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    Not when I'm watching Shemar Moore on the Ellen show! That man is just too hot for words!

YOU'RE A GIRL after my own heart. I LOVE LOVE LOVE HIM. Ever since motive!
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Masculinity declined when men stopped being gentlemen.

My boys are being raised to be gentlemen and treat women with respect as equals. Not dominate them!

I'd say you're doing parenting right!

Thats how I intend to raise my boys (if I have boys) when I become a father.

I worry if I have girls though, I dont want to cross the 'spoil them rotten' line. I've been told that its easy to spoil daughters with goodies, havent had kids though, so I dont know for myself.
  • polo571
    polo571 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    When I watch bachelor pad I really think its a problem. Wow!