Pet PEEVES?

Options

Replies

• NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Ok I have to point out right now I'm not racist!!

When I go to Wal-Mart and have to navigate my cart around a ton of screaming free-roaming hispanic children that their parents don't care what they do!
    My mom told me the other day that she saw some running through the bakery opening packages of things and taking bites out of them! :explode:

And having to go through "Airport Security" when I leave so they know I'm stealing...what are the detectors for then?! I think this is only my Wal-mart and it sucks haha.

Edit: so they know I'm NOT stealing!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options

When I go to Wal-Mart and have to navigate my cart around a ton of screaming free-roaming hispanic children that their parents don't care what they do!
    My mom told me the other day that she saw some running through the bakery opening packages of things and taking bites out of them! :explode:

And having to go through "Airport Security" when I leave so they know I'm stealing...what are the detectors for then?! I think this is only my Wal-mart and it sucks haha.

I would have left out the "hispanic" and just said "children" in general. I don't like the whole "airport security" thing at Wal-Mart either...but I bet they've cut down on shoplifting.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I can't stand it when parents don't teach thier children manners like, thank you, please, yes sir, no sir, and so on!

What ever happened to manners any way? Where did they go?

When I see a kid with manners I make sure and tell thier parents how I appreciate it!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    gonnerdos

those people who constantly say they are going to do something and never do:mad:

Just DO it:angry:
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I wish I was kidding Nola. This is my wife:
    The SBD's aren't the problem...it's the ones all night long that cause a problem. Waking up in the middle of the night or smelling like it in the mornings so you have to take a shower...BIG pet peeve of mine...wish I could repipe it somewhere useful. Could heat the house all winter long...would just have to warn the neighbors then....:laugh:
    She's not kidding. She has an attorney on speed dial. I'm at my wit's end.

Help me - before I fart again! :ohwell:

I think your butt and my husband's butt are related:laugh: :laugh:
  • mabella17
    Options
    when people eat cereal and they slurp the milk and clank the spoon to the bowl ... seriously?! :noway:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Oooh. Has anyone seen those Pedigree commercials that are just a dog with the Pedigree and a mic recording them eating? I actually wrote to Pedigree and complained about those commercials. lol I have to turn the channel when they come on, they're so gross.
  • Dianeb412
    Options
    :bigsmile:
    people that complain about everything and I dont want to be around people who are like that and so negative:noway:
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    People who can't form a coherent argument but then tell me I'm stupid because we don't agree on an issue. I will respect different beliefs as long as someone can give me a valid reason for why they feel that way. I backed up my point now you back up yours.
    I agree
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of your choices except I don't understand how "will work for food" is an oxymoron. Maybe I just don't get it?
    I was thinking that if they are really willing to work for food they would be working and not holding a sign saying they are willing to work for food. :smile: Maybe the word ironic would fit better instead of oxymoron?

It may seem ironic, but maybe they can't find a job? At least it's not some young healthy looking guy standing there with a cup asking for spare change- some people make a living out of that.
    I see your point but in our area the unemployment rate was less than 1% and there are more jobs than workers-that has changed with the downturn in the economy and now the unemployment rate is up but it is still lower than the national average.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    IDK if this is a pet peeve

I HATE it when someone tells you they HATE people who do this or that............and they do it themselves!!!

I have come to understand that we dislike in others what we dislike in ourselves.

So now I have to ask myself: Do I tell people I hate something, only to do it myself?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm something to ponder today:heart:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    IDK if this is a pet peeve

I HATE it when someone tells you they HATE people who do this or that............and they do it themselves!!!

I have come to understand that we dislike in others what we dislike in ourselves.

So now I have to ask myself: Do I tell people I hate something, only to do it myself?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm something to ponder today:heart:

I agree 100% that happened to me last night. Someone was telling me how they went to stay at a friends whose room mates were messy and guess what? that person is messy too!
  • nolachick
    Options

I would have left out the "hispanic" and just said "children" in general. I don't like the whole "airport security" thing at Wal-Mart either...but I bet they've cut down on shoplifting.

I agree, you should have left out the hispanic part. I won't give my true opinion of this statement because I don't want to get banned, nor do I want to insult other people. But let me just say you came off as completely ignorant and racist. Go to an "all white" walmart, I bet you will see the same thing.
    Everyone's kids misbehave at some point or another, especially at the grocery store. How do your kids act at the grocery store or when out in public? I'm sure they are no angels. And if you don't have kids then shet the hell up and give ur opinion when you have ur own kids - then you can talk about other people's parenting skills.
  • cwvanek
    cwvanek Posts: 111
    Options

I agree, you should have left out the hispanic part. I won't give my true opinion of this statement because I don't want to get banned, nor do I want to insult other people. But let me just say you came off as completely ignorant and racist. Go to an "all white" walmart, I bet you will see the same thing.
    Everyone's kids misbehave at some point or another, especially at the grocery store. How do your kids act at the grocery store or when out in public? I'm sure they are no angels. And if you don't have kids then shet the hell up and give ur opinion when you have ur own kids - then you can talk about other people's parenting skills.

Ah yes, another pet peeve. People who don't have children trying to tell you about parenting!
  • nolachick
    Options
    THANKS cwvanek.

Didn't mean to lose my temper but that really ticked me off! I'm hispanic and I don't have kids but I take care of my nephews like my very own, and I am VERY strict with them. They don't dare misbehave when out with myself or my parents because they know there will be consequences.
  • NykkieC
    Options

Ok I didn't mean to offend anyone but please don't say I'm ignorant because I don't have kids. I have helped take care of my sisters kids since I was 12 and of course they were naughty sometimes but I have never, ever let them run wild around the store.

I'm not racist some of my good friends in school were different races, even hispanic...
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

I didn't think it sounded racist at all. I think it depends on which area of the country you live in. I notice the same trend in my Walmart.

And no -- my child does not act out in the grocery store, yell, scream or otherwise act out. She knows if she does, I will leave the store -- but she knows that if I have to leave the store, she is in for it when we get home. She acts right.

Also, if you see children opening packages of bread and taking bites out right in the middle of the store --- I think that is open season for anyone to comment on the (LACK OF) parenting of those children. "Misbehaving" is different from running around like little wild children, regardless of ethnicity. "Misbehaving" is my child pitching a fit because I won't buy her cookies. Children opening and eating bread off the shelf is a lack of parenting.
  • nolachick
    Options

I didn't think it sounded racist at all. I think it depends on which area of the country you live in. I notice the same trend in my Walmart.

You don't think it sounded racist? then read it again and replace the word hispanic for white. then tell me what u think....

When I go to Wal-Mart and have to navigate my cart around a ton of screaming free-roaming white kids that their parents don't care what they do!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Why is it pissing you off? She didn't say it was your kids who were acting like that...I couldn't care less if someone said it was white kids that were acting like that.
  • NykkieC
    Options

And no -- my child does not act out in the grocery store, yell, scream or otherwise act out. She knows if she does, I will leave the store -- but she knows that if I have to leave the store, she is in for it when we get home. She acts right.

Also, if you see children opening packages of bread and taking bites out right in the middle of the store --- I think that is open season for anyone to comment on the (LACK OF) parenting of those children. "Misbehaving" is different from running around like little wild children, regardless of ethnicity. "Misbehaving" is my child pitching a fit because I won't buy her cookies. Children opening and eating bread off the shelf is a lack of parenting.

Thank you...