Pet PEEVES?

Options

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

I didn't think it sounded racist at all. I think it depends on which area of the country you live in. I notice the same trend in my Walmart.

You don't think it sounded racist? then read it again and replace the word hispanic for white. then tell me what u think....

When I go to Wal-Mart and have to navigate my cart around a ton of screaming free-roaming white kids that their parents don't care what they do!
    My mom told me the other day that she saw some running through the bakery opening packages of things and taking bites out of them! :explode:

I think that sounds factual.
    I saw white kids vandalizing a car.
    I saw a black man walking down the street.
    I saw a hispanic kid running through, opening packages and eating things.

Not racist. Factual. Not that I really care.
    I see white teenagers standing in the middle of the aisle blocking my way all the time, too self absorbed to move.
    Oops, hope I didn't offend any white people with that statement.

*shrugs*
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I see white teenagers standing in the middle of the aisle blocking my way all the time, too self absorbed to move.

*shrugs*

lol I love my sister!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

*shrugs*

lol I love my sister!

Ha! Love you too!!

I just don't get upset by much racially anymore. (And please, for anyone who wants to toss me in the "white" category because you think you can, I'm not simply "white". I claim my Native American heritage -- Catawba Indian via the Cherokee Nation.) We are all American mutts, plain and simple. Very few people can claim a pure heritage anymore.

Or maybe I'm just an insensitive apathetic lump. *shrugs* I dunno. I don't feel like fighting about it. I can agree to disagree with just about anyone.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    Why is it pissing you off? She didn't say it was your kids who were acting like that...I couldn't care less if someone said it was white kids that were acting like that.

u are saying that because no one said it. but if it was the same exact statement being said to u in ur face by a hispanic about white kids YOU WOULD LOSE IT! SO CUT THE BS
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Why is it pissing you off? She didn't say it was your kids who were acting like that...I couldn't care less if someone said it was white kids that were acting like that.

u are saying that because no one said it. but if it was the same exact statement being said to u in ur face by a hispanic about white kids YOU WOULD LOSE IT! SO CUT THE BS

I never rubbed it in your or anyone's face! It was just a fact that I see here. That is all. If a hispanic was on here venting about white kids and said the exact same thing I did, I would think "Wow, what horrible parents that let their kids do that". Regardless of race whatsoever.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    if you say so. but I just don't think it's right. nor would I be so stupid as to come on here and vent about any other races/nationalities/disabilities/handicaps, etc.

I won't argue on this matter any further.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

You don't know me so you have don't know that someone saying that about white kids wouldn't bother me at all.
  • NykkieC
    Options
    if you say so. but I just don't think it's right. nor would I be so stupid as to come on here and vent about any other races/nationalities/disabilities/handicaps, etc.

I won't argue on this matter any further.

I agree to disagree, but why must you call me stupid?! Sheesh, just let it go.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Ok I have to point out right now I'm not racist!!

When I go to Wal-Mart and have to navigate my cart around a ton of screaming free-roaming hispanic children that their parents don't care what they do!
    My mom told me the other day that she saw some running through the bakery opening packages of things and taking bites out of them! :explode:

And having to go through "Airport Security" when I leave so they know I'm stealing...what are the detectors for then?! I think this is only my Wal-mart and it sucks haha.

Edit: so they know I'm NOT stealing!

I would have left out the "hispanic" and just said "children" in general. I don't like the whole "airport security" thing at Wal-Mart either...but I bet they've cut down on shoplifting.

I agree, you should have left out the hispanic part. I won't give my true opinion of this statement because I don't want to get banned, nor do I want to insult other people. But let me just say you came off as completely ignorant and racist. Go to an "all white" walmart, I bet you will see the same thing.
    Everyone's kids misbehave at some point or another, especially at the grocery store. How do your kids act at the grocery store or when out in public? I'm sure they are no angels. And if you don't have kids then shet the hell up and give ur opinion when you have ur own kids - then you can talk about other people's parenting skills.

I didn't think it sounded racist at all. I think it depends on which area of the country you live in. I notice the same trend in my Walmart.

And no -- my child does not act out in the grocery store, yell, scream or otherwise act out. She knows if she does, I will leave the store -- but she knows that if I have to leave the store, she is in for it when we get home. She acts right.

Also, if you see children opening packages of bread and taking bites out right in the middle of the store --- I think that is open season for anyone to comment on the (LACK OF) parenting of those children. "Misbehaving" is different from running around like little wild children, regardless of ethnicity. "Misbehaving" is my child pitching a fit because I won't buy her cookies. Children opening and eating bread off the shelf is a lack of parenting.

Totally agree. They run rampant at either of my walmarts as well. I have yet to see a black or white child act the same way. My child knows that if she acts up she will receive nothing from the store and she will not be allowed to go on the next trip with me (she'll have to wait for a good 2-3 weeks before going again). It's purely a lack of parenting.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    To change the subject.....

Earlier, I realized a pet peeve I didn't realize was a pet peeve. Or maybe it's really just a gripe. Yeah, probably a gripe. Anyhow, here it is:

I hate that I feel the need to worry about panty lines, but men never have to. :grumble:
    In the same token, I realized I've never seen a man's underwear lines.
    Suppose the real problem isn't the undergarments but our outergarments.
    (I'm wearing loose fitting, "too big cause I lost weight" slacks today, and they fit much like men's slacks.)
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    There was a time when guys wore pants tight enough that it was an issue. Those days are gone, thanks be to G-d. :laugh: Now the young guys don't sweat underwear lines - they just let their a$$es hang out and show you 8 inches of underwear. :noway: I give up, you tell me, what the hell are they thinking?

I blame Mark Wahlberg - "Marky Mark and the funky bunch", I think he started this crap. Not really a peeve of mine. Go ahead, dress like idiots. Just makes we adults look better by comparison. :laugh:

I don't mind panty lines - they're just a side effect of wearing pants & panties... No biggie.

Hey - somebody explain this. If my mother had clothing rearrange so that you could see a bra strap she would have been mortified! Nowadays girls just let 'em show, color coordinate the silly things,,, what's up with that? I have enough trouble just getting my outerwear to match.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    I guess the bra straps are the female version of the 8" of undies on guys. You have to show off your unmentionables!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Thank GOODNESS the craze has passed (circa 2001) for girls to wear pants intentionally low to show off their whale tails!! :noway:

(Whale tails = your thong sticking up outta the backside of your pants)
  • NykkieC
    Options
    Thank GOODNESS the craze has passed (circa 2001) for girls to wear pants intentionally low to show off their whale tails!! :noway:

(Whale tails = your thong sticking up outta the backside of your pants)

I was JUST going to mention that!! :laugh:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    When you go to a store to buy bra and they only have traffic cone bras! I don't want my girls looking like cones. Who decided that breasts should be cone shaped?
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    When someone CONSTANTLY complains about the inner tube that has appeared around their waist and is always eating fast food, ice cream, and junk.
    Also when they say every day the need to exercise. When I bug them about it,
    "I don't feel like it right now, maybe tomorrow."

Uh, hello?
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    When you go to a store to buy bra and they only have traffic cone bras! I don't want my girls looking like cones. Who decided that breasts should be cone shaped?

:laugh: I see those in old movies all time. Who thought that was attractive?!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

Construction workers.

:noway: :laugh: :tongue:
  • mabella17
    Options

Construction workers.

Madonna... lol :laugh:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options

Construction workers.

Pauly Shore,,, called bosoms "cones". He mentioned it in several movies, "rapped" it (at a square dance) in "Son-in-law". I'm a little ashamed that I remembered that. :bigsmile: