Pet PEEVES?

Options

Replies

• rubberjonnie
    Options
    when people don't look at you when you are talking to them...

Big fan orf eye contact especially when you are talking directly to them and when they don't it does drive me mad just a little..... :explode:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    people who are negative about everything, just die already *****$s. :indifferent:
    I concur. It sux. Some people are just huge gaping black holes of negativity that grab hold of any happy thought you've ever had and drag it down into a hell of their own making.

My wife the mental health pro calls it "disthymia",,, "Eeyore syndrome". Get some counseling, take a vacation, change jobs, do something for g-d's sake, before we do you a favor and put you out of your misery (and ours).
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Young people (and older) that feel the need to put their every thought and emotion on facebook or myspace and then get upset when people comment on it. DON'T PUT YOURSELF OUT THERE if you aren't expecting the world to respond.

I want these kids to realize that having a private life is just that, keep some things for yourself.

It makes you wonder what kind of adults they are going to be!
  • havingitall
    Options
    I can't stand when somebody is unhappy in a situation and they just complain about it.

If you don't like your job, look for a new one. Take control of your life, make choices and take action. It's so much better than sitting there whining!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I can't stand when somebody is unhappy in a situation and they just complain about it.

If you don't like your job, look for a new one. Take control of your life, make choices and take action. It's so much better than sitting there whining!

not so easy in all situations:ohwell:
  • CasperO
    Options
    Sometimes "It is what it is",,,

So say that serenity prayer, and really think about it, and get on with your life.

I do know how easy that is for me to say. I'm a very healthy, gainfully employed, hetero white guy with good health insurance and a decent credit rating. I didn't hit the "birth lottery" like Elizabeth Windsor, but I got it pretty good. But still, a lot of people do a lot of whining they don't really need to do...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edit - wow, thinking about this some more.

Let's run that list again - I am:

very healthy, (a gift, you can't "earn" good health. There is no sin that causes leukemia).
    gainfully employed, (some hard work, some circumstance, some luck. Lots of people smarter and harder working than me are out on the streets, esp. right now)
    hetero (an advantage. non-heteros have a tough row to hoe. No choice on my part, it's just how I am (until Harry Connick Jr. asks me out anyways,,, that's one sexy man )).
    white (See above.)
    guy (and again, unearned membership in a group that has certain advantages.)
    with good health insurance (side effect of the good job I'm lucky enough to have)
    and a decent credit rating (Ok, this one I kinda earned by not being stupid, but kind of a consequence of the job thing).

So - my pet peeve. I perceive all these unearned advantages as gifts. Things that I am fortunate enough to have going for me. I am under no illusion that I earned them, that I deserve them, or that I am somehow a "superior" person because I have them. I really really can't stand peers of mine that think we as a group are somehow qualified to own/rule/et cetera the $*&% world because we are the blessed few. It's unfair, it's faulty logic, it's just a bad idea.
  • Mariettarose
    Options
    Not everyone is raised to have the coping skills necessary to handle bad choices and things that seem simpler to those of use with good skills.

I do hate it when someone says you should "just pull yourself by the bootstrap" when they do not understand the physical and chemical limitations a person's body can put on them when they have specific illnesses, including depression. Unless you live that person's life you don't know what they are going through.

BTW...CasperO...it's dysthymia...but thanks.
  • havingitall
    Options

not so easy in all situations:ohwell:

Ok...let me rephrase.... my brother has been at teh same company fro 23 years, complaining about it for 23 years and has done nothing at all to change it. For heaven's sake, either look for another job or stop complaining... it has been 23 years!!!
  • CasperO
    Options
    Not everyone is raised to have the coping skills necessary to handle bad choices and things that seem simpler to those of use with good skills.

I do hate it when someone says you should "just pull yourself by the bootstrap" when they do not understand the physical and chemical limitations a person's body can put on them when they have specific illnesses, including depression. Unless you live that person's life you don't know what they are going through.

BTW...CasperO...it's dysthymia...but thanks.

She posts! Woo hoo!

(( dYsthymia, Ok. Wondered about that, typed it both ways. Should'a looked it up)).
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I hate when people let out a SBD in the car and don't warn you. I know we all have gas and shouldn't keep it in. But when you feel the warm one coming across your cheeks you know it's gonna be bad. You could at least say excuse me and let down the window.
  • CasperO
    Options
    I hate when people let out a SBD in the car and don't warn you. I know we all have gas and shouldn't keep it in. But when you feel the warm one coming across your cheeks you know it's gonna be bad. You could at least say excuse me and let down the window.
    Oh G-d... where's (my wife) Mariettarose? Where is she,,, she might have something to add to that. :blushing:
  • Mariettarose
    Options
    The SBD's aren't the problem...it's the ones all night long that cause a problem. Waking up in the middle of the night or smelling like it in the mornings so you have to take a shower...BIG pet peeve of mine...wish I could repipe it somewhere useful. Could heat the house all winter long...would just have to warn the neighbors then....:laugh:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Perhaps those plastic panties you put on babies will help? Just put a little extra duct tape around the waist and thigh areas and put a fresh scent dryer sheet between his cheeks. :laugh:
    The SBD's aren't the problem...it's the ones all night long that cause a problem. Waking up in the middle of the night or smelling like it in the mornings so you have to take a shower...BIG pet peeve of mine...wish I could repipe it somewhere useful. Could heat the house all winter long...would just have to warn the neighbors then....:laugh:
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    Perhaps those plastic panties you put on babies will help? Just put a little extra duct tape around the waist and thigh areas and put a fresh scent dryer sheet between his cheeks. :laugh:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • CasperO
    Options
    Ok, fine. :angry: :explode: :grumble:

My pet peeve! This %*&^ high fiber, high veggie, oh so %&^ing healthy diet I'm eating is giving me gas that's famous across the internet now. I'm killing my wife, the dogs fear me, paint is peeling off the walls in the bathroom.

I'm a nice guy dammit! This isn't my fault! I do not do this deliberately. If there was something reasonable I could do about it I would do it - but I honestly don't know what to do.

I knew washboard abs weren't free. I knew there was a price to pay for getting in good physical condition. But I thought I had to pay in sweat and effort and self control and sacrifice! I had no idea I also had to pay in stench and methane?!?! This sux.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options

My pet peeve! This %*&^ high fiber, high veggie, oh so %&^ing healthy diet I'm eating is giving me gas that's famous across the internet now. I'm killing my wife, the dogs fear me, paint is peeling off the walls in the bathroom.

I'm a nice guy dammit! This isn't my fault! I do not do this deliberately. If there was something reasonable I could do about it I would do it - but I honestly don't know what to do.

I knew washboard abs weren't free. I knew there was a price to pay for getting in good physical condition. But I thought I had to pay in sweat and effort and self control and sacrifice! I had no idea I also had to pay in stench and methane?!?! This sux.

u are too funny! lol
    I hate the gas that comes with high fiber and all that too. I guess my body has gotten used to it tho cuz there has been less of it.. I actually get a lot more gas when I slack off and eat bad food.
  • CasperO
    Options
    I wish I was kidding Nola. This is my wife:
    She's not kidding. She has an attorney on speed dial. I'm at my wit's end.

Help me - before I fart again! :ohwell:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options

Gas-X? Beano? A nice long walk alone before bed? :tongue:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Pet peeve- literally, the smell of the wet cat food I have to feed my cats 3 times/ day! I mean seriously...it smells toxic, and the smell LINGERS...and lingers...and lingers.

I'm actually embarassed for people to come in my house after I feed the cats- that's just not right. Anyone have a solution (aside from: dry food, chemical air fresheners...or getting rid of the cats)?
  • havingitall
    Options
    Pet peeve- literally, the smell of the wet cat food I have to feed my cats 3 times/ day! I mean seriously...it smells toxic, and the smell LINGERS...and lingers...and lingers.

I'm actually embarassed for people to come in my house after I feed the cats- that's just not right. Anyone have a solution (aside from: dry food, chemical air fresheners...or getting rid of the cats)?

Nose plugs? Hand them out at the door