Pet PEEVES?

Options

Replies

• NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    rudeness to the elderly is a huge one let alone violence to the elderly did you see that robbery in a building some months ago in the news he punched that lady several times in the face and ripped her purse from her truly a disgusting act.

people who pretend to be nice when it is in their best interest as in fear for their life, but actually that is why they behave that way they are suffering but are too afraid to face their fear like we all must do & improve ourselves. :bigsmile:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    People who turn around in church to see who came in late; then have the nerve to comment on it. Well if you were paying attention you wouldn't know who came it late. Sorry that just ticks me off. My mom always slapped me in the back of the head when I turned around. Needless to say I don't do it now. :laugh:

Men who complain about having to pay $30 a week in child support.:noway:

People who ask why don't you have kids.

People in rural areas who cut you off then turn 10 feet down the road.

People who send you ten FW: everyday.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    :angry: People that don't' use turn signals!!! :angry:
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    1) “talkers” who rant about all the great things they will do… just go do it?
    2) Self righteous people who are always better, or right
    3) Budgers, it’s one of the quickest signs of inconsideration
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    people who whine about everything ....people who chew their food with their mouth open ... the list goes on and on i will stop now lol
  • smileydays
    smileydays Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    People who chew food with their mouths open or just hearing people chew in general drives me up the wall. Yuck!

I also don't like people who try to act as someone other than themselves. The one's who try to pose as something they're not. You know... those kind. I think people should just be true to themselves.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    People who turn around in church to see who came in late; then have the nerve to comment on it. Well if you were paying attention you wouldn't know who came it late. Sorry that just ticks me off. My mom always slapped me in the back of the head when I turned around. Needless to say I don't do it now. :laugh:

Men who complain about having to pay $30 a week in child support.:noway:

People who ask why don't you have kids.

People who send you ten FW: everyday.

Those are good ones.

It's more than a pet peeve with me, but fathers who, once they move out and get a new girlfriend, forget they have a child, then when you call them on it have the nerve to say, "Well, she doesn't call me either" and act all hurt/ angry about it...especially when the new girl chimes in and gives her 2 cents where it doesn't belong.

Deadbeat dads. < worthless.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    People who don't use blinkers. Drives me CRAZY.

or the perpetual blinker...........Ok ARE you changing lanes, or not??:angry:

:laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Inconsiderate people...people with NO manners
    If I hold the door for someone, would it be too much to get a thank-you

One time when my kids were both very young, I was holding one baby in my arms and the other by the hand and used my foot to catch the door for the person behind me and he just breezed through w/ out a word
    :explode:

How about when you open the door for yourself (and there are 6 other doors) and the person walks out!! OMG....I almost get knocked down once a week!!.
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    my biggest pet peeves involve cell phones:

1. The cashier is doing her job, you should NOT hold your hand up and point to your phone. :angry:

2. I am TALKING to YOU, do NOT answer your cell phone AND texting while talking to me is just as rude:explode:

3. NO, you cannot make a left turn into a parking lot I am exiting while holding your cell in your hand. You need TWO hands to make that tight turn, and it is not my responsibility to move out of your way!
    (I actually got the finger on this last week:noway: )

4. I am your waitress, I do not have time for you to finish your call before taking your order. I dont CARE if your on business, so am I. :grumble:

5. I do not want to hear about your mother's gallbladder surgery while I am waiting in the line to buy my groceries.:sick:

6. You do NOT have to yell into the phone. I am 2 feet away from you and you are bursting my eardrum.:mad:

7. If you call me, and I do not answer, it is because I do not or cannot do so. Do not call me 10 times in a row expecting me to pick up. You may NEVER recieve a call back now!!:mad: :angry: :explode: :grumble:

Last but certainly not least
    8.Please do not text while going 80 mph on I-95. I would like to return home to my family tonight, and it is more likely you will kill me than yourself. :heart:

( wow, I feel better getting that offa my chest:blushing: )
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    People who turn around in church to see who came in late; then have the nerve to comment on it. Well if you were paying attention you wouldn't know who came it late. Sorry that just ticks me off. My mom always slapped me in the back of the head when I turned around. Needless to say I don't do it now.

Men who complain about having to pay $30 a week in child support.

These Three are hillarious, but not really especially the one on child support a darn shame in human society.

People who complain about paying a few dollars on parking for full a day, mind you were talking $3-$5. And will go to great lenghts to find a parking spot, then wind up paying that in gasoline, and possibly a heck of a lot more, in a fine.
  • Veronica320
    Options
    People who are perfectly capable of getting a job but instead....leech off the government and the rest of us hard workers
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    People who are perfectly capable of getting a job but instead....leech off the government and the rest of us hard workers

Agreed. Though a lot of people who look healthy, aren't (mental illness being one disease you can't see). Healthy young men who refuse to work really irk me. Particularly my nephew who leeches off of my elderly mother every chance he gets.
  • sissy56
    sissy56 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    All of the above - both pages. But God bless the man in the wheelchair and his 2 pre-teen kids who offered to help me and my disabled husband. Lots of able-bodied people ignored us.
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    But God bless the man in the wheelchair and his 2 pre-teen kids who offered to help me and my disabled husband. Lots of able-bodied people ignored us.

That is incredibly, but sadly not too uncommon for the able bodied people, abled in one way but disabled in the upper region srictly.

People who talk loudly at the movie theatre.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options

Add answering their cell phones and texting while in the movies to that!!
  • NotSurprised
    Options

Add answering their cell phones and texting while in the movies to that!!

Add answering phone calls constantly, while the two of you are having a conversation, and ofcourse their not important. angry023.gif
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    People who make decisions & then complain about their own choices.
  • strongandfit
    Options
    People who tailgate when they drive. Hate seeing them so close when I drive.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Most of mine have already been mentioned bad table manners (chewing with your mouth open, smacking your food, talking with food in your mouth), poor driving manners (not signalling, not waving thank you when someone lets you in) and just plan old annoying, whinny, spoiled people.

But one that really bothers me and hasn't been listed is when people use the phrase "I could care less" when what they really mean is "I couldn't care less." If you could care less than that implies you really do care.

Thanks for the chance to vent.