Pet PEEVES?

Options

Replies

• nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    when all someone talks about is their bf! u call to say hi or catch up and everything relates back to their bf...my bf this...my bf that! get over it already, we are not in high school!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    My pet peeve!!! People who take every silly little thing and turn it into some B.S. "fable" with a "Moral" and some damn lesson about values. If I wanted any of that crap I'd just watch full house.

I think the moral here is Casper needs to learn that sometimes it is what it is. :huh:

:wink: :laugh: *blows a kiss*

its not Full House without the meaningful music played at the end of the episode when the moral of the story is finally being revealed.... :laugh:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    But one that really bothers me and hasn't been listed is when people use the phrase "I could care less" when what they really mean is "I couldn't care less." If you could care less than that implies you really do care.

Thanks for the chance to vent.
    Wow, I thought I was the only one who felt this way!!!! I have tried to explain this to people but they just don't get it!

I also hate it when they say "Same difference or It is what it is" those 2 phrases drive me insane!!

Memaw

Come on Memaw,,, work with me here. I say "It is what it is" all the time,, but it certainly doesn't mean anything similar to "Same difference".

"It is what it is" is a short version of the Serenity prayer.

""God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference. ""

When faced with something exasperating - "It is what it is" means that this is one of those things that I cannot change. It is not right, and it is not fair, but it is what it is, and I will accept it and make peace with it and get on with my life. Squawking and fussing will not make anything better, it will not solve the problem. It will just upset people and give me an ulcer - it won't help. It is what it is.

My pet peeve!!! People who take every silly little thing and turn it into some B.S. "fable" with a "Moral" and some damn lesson about values. If I wanted any of that crap I'd just watch full house.

Uh-oh. :blushing:

It is what it is.
  • BrendaLee
    Options
    like instead of typing out provider every time, we (as a COMPANY) use "prv

Hahahaha :laugh: :laugh:

SHORTHAND: Clld prv today. Cnfmd prv.
    TRANSLATION: Yup, I called the perv and sure enough he confirmed he was a pervert.

LMAO!!! I know a few I could call right now, but I doubt I'd get the confirmation. :ohwell:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

I think the moral here is Casper needs to learn that sometimes it is what it is. :huh:

its not Full House without the meaningful music played at the end of the episode when the moral of the story is finally being revealed.... :laugh:

And a hug:heart:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

And a hug:heart:

And the studio audience obligatory "awwwwwww"
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options

TRANSLATION: Yup, I called the perv and sure enough he confirmed he was a pervert.

LMAO!!! I know a few I could call right now, but I doubt I'd get the confirmation. :ohwell:

Oh ya,,, I love stuff like that. We have a database here that we handle info in, an MS access thing, called "WOCWAD". We pronounce it "Wock-Wad",,, no kidding. I was not a big fan of "Friends" - but whenever this comes up I think about Chandler working on his "Wenus" and giggle.

We also have "See-Oh-Dee" (C.O.D.) meetings. I like to say "Well, let's go to the cod (one word, like the fish) meeting. We'll all sit around, and talk about our cods". Nobody gets it. Look up "Cod" in the dictionary sometime. :smile:

<<A pirate's red leather jock was called a "Codpiece" ya' know>>.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    People who brag about everything.

People who claim they know or are related to almost everyone.

Thats it for today.

Oh one more,

People who start threads and then don't respond or acknowledge those who took the time to respond.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Oh ya,,, I love stuff like that. We have a database here that we handle info in, an MS access thing, called "WOCWAD". We pronounce it "Wock-Wad",,, no kidding. I was not a big fan of "Friends" - but whenever this comes up I think about Chandler working on his "Wenus" and giggle.

We also have "See-Oh-Dee" (C.O.D.) meetings. I like to say "Well, let's go to the cod (one word, like the fish) meeting. We'll all sit around, and talk about our cods". Nobody gets it. Look up "Cod" in the dictionary sometime. :smile:

<<A pirate's red leather jock was called a "Codpiece" ya' know>>.

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    People who start threads and then don't respond or acknowledge those who took the time to respond.

Every notice how they tend to drop bombs too, along the lines of I'm being abused by this person in my life and accepting the abuse, and then they bolt. :huh:
  • BrendaLee
    Options

My daughter is obsessed with finding ways she is related to her friends and everyone else. It DOES get annoying. I'm always telling her, "That doesn't make you related!"
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options

Every notice how they tend to drop bombs too, along the lines of I'm being abused by this person in my life and accepting the abuse, and then they bolt. :huh:

huh?
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Ok sitting here at my desk I was reminded of another thing that drives me nuts. I hate it when people suck their teeth to clean them. Does anyone know what I mean?

My parents were really strict when it came to table manners. So bad table manners really really bothers me.

Oh one more. When people use the word ignorant when they really mean rude.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Maybe this is an Appalachian thing. I really struggle not to kill when someone uses "seen" when they meant "saw".

"I took Marge to the mall last night, and we seen that new Tom Hanks movie, and it was pretty good".

,,,,,,,,,,,,,"No dimbulb,,, you took Marge to the mall last night, and you SAW the movie alone, 'cause Marge snuck away from your ignorant *kitten* to spend some time with somebody who speaks english!".

Ignorant - not rude. Though you can be both. :smile:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

It was WENUS and *kitten*...Weekly Estimated Net Usage System and Annual Net Usage System...Don't ask why I remember that. :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

huh?

If you play on the boards enough, you'll see people who start a thread with something controversial. They get lots of responses, either from outrage or concern, but the original poster never comes back.

Of the ones I've seen (and I'm not trying to call anyone out, these just come to mind), they seem to talk about how a significant other treats them very badly, or how they almost promote an eating disorder, or they use to even start a political/religious debate. They drop "bombs", we all seem to get sucked in, but the original poster never comes back to the conversation.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Oh one more. When people use the word ignorant when they really mean rude.

Yes.

Ignorant = not knowing any better, but not caring to know better either
    Rude = knowing better, but not caring to act right

(imo)
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

It was WENUS and *kitten*...Weekly Estimated Net Usage System and Annual Net Usage System...Don't ask why I remember that. :laugh:

• Phoenix_Rising
    Options

My daughter is obsessed with finding ways she is related to her friends and everyone else. It DOES get annoying. I'm always telling her, "That doesn't make you related!"

To her defense, young girls especially like to make everything inclusive. By saying they are related or just like their friends (or whomever), they feel like it creates a warm, welcome environment. This is often why young children will chime in with a "me too" when you say you like or dislike something. It gives them a sense of belonging.

Not to say it isn't annoying. :wink:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Oh jeez, here's my laundry list:

1. Being a waitress, I loathe those people who leave what we call a "verbal tip". "Oh the food was so great, the service was awesome...we loved everything!" Then they leave me 10%. Thanks. I'd rather you tell me I suck and leave me a decent tip. I can't say to my landlord "This place is so great, I love living here, you're an amazing landlord...here's only half my rent!" Doesn't work that way.

I can't tell you all the pet peeves that stem from my waitressing career! I have so many comments written on napkins about how amazing I was as their server and then they leave 10% or sometimes even nothing! Or when someone fills out a comment card (we gave these to every table) and they write that they wish they had more BBQ sauce... but they never asked for any! I was usually pretty good at reading customer's minds when it came to knowing when to bring to-go boxes/drinks/desserts etc. but if you want extra sauce for your ribs, just ask!

Oh I have many, many more just from being a waitress for 15 years!

If you're too busy talking on your cell phone when you should be ordering, the same amount of minutes you made ME wait, I'll make you wait that many minutes AFTER you hang up to go back to your table to try to take the order. If you say something about it, I'll smile sweetly and say "Oh, I'm so sorry, I thought you were STILL on the phone."

In addition to 'seen' instead of 'saw', I hate 'on accident' instead of 'by accident' and don't even get me STARTED on 'supposably'!