Pet PEEVES?

Options

Replies

• smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    People who talk to much in the mornings

I am not a mornin person leave me alone I don't want to hear all that noise @ 7am
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    People who talk loudly at the movie theatre.

Add answering their cell phones and texting while in the movies to that!!

Add answering phone calls constantly, while the two of you are having a conversation, and ofcourse their not important. angry023.gif

This is the reason I no longer go to the movies....I just wait for it to come out on DVD and I can enjoy it at home with no interuptions...and I don't have to pay so much for tickets and snacks.

My biggest peeve has got to be people who do not know how to drive. I just love people that ride my butt (when I'm already going over the speed limit) only to pass me and then I catch up to them at the light (what was the point...you only made it to the light 10 seconds before me?).
  • berlin80210
    berlin80210 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    People who say "yep" instead of "you're welcome" when you say "thank you"!!!!!!
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    People who leave 10 minute voice mails about nothing
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Let me add...cashiers who don't even look at or talk to you while they're waiting on you- better yet when they're on the phone or talking to their coworkers and acting like I'm a nuisance.
  • Kelly11
    Kelly11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My [female] coworkers who pee all over the toilet seats. These are nice bathrooms, not stalls. Either sit on a seat cover or clean off the seat if you hover and miss.

Seriously people. This is disgusting.
  • saint84
    saint84 Posts: 2,182
    Options
    My [female] coworkers who pee all over the toilet seats. These are nice bathrooms, not stalls. Either sit on a seat cover or clean off the seat if you hover and miss.

Seriously people. This is disgusting.

Yack, same here only on the Men's side :sick: It's pretty nasty folks
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

I absolutely HATE people that drive slow in the left lane.... MOVE THE #### OVER! AND people that sit in the left lane next to someone that is going the same speed they are thus blocking both lanes!!!!!!

That's my #1 too! five.gif
  • quinnybear
    Options
    like the OP, spelling errors annoy me. here are a few words that get confused A LOT:

they're/there/their
    then/than-- I don't even understand how someone can confuse these two, but I see it all the time!
    your/you're
    effect/affect

and no, I'm not an English major or even remotely close to one, incorrect spelling is just one of my pet peeves.
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Shannon023 wow, you're the queen of posting seriously I'm impressed. :wink:

people who talk ubbi dubbi (probably), because I can't talk it myself. :wink: But still am I wrong?
  • mrsbice
    Options
    Not flushing the toilet.

I am a housekeeper and you have no idea how many people do not flush the toilet (including my husband..."what it's just pee" is his excuse)

Also rude people who treat you like you are a lower life form. Just b/c I am a housekeeper, and you are paying 500+ for this room does not mean that you can be rude. Get a life.
  • mrsbice
    Options
    People who leave 10 minute voice mails about nothing

my husband does this. and his mother. and his sister. must be heriditary.
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    I don't flush every time because I live alone and I pee ALOT. I don't like wasting water/having to pay for that water :blushing: teehee I'm a rebel! I do flush at other people's houses or when I have company so I'm not totally gross.

I don't like it when I'm waiting in a line and someone cuts or takes advantage of a situation to get in front of me. Happened to me when getting my H1N1...I arrived an hour early, before everyone else, and a line formed behind me. Some other students came in after the line had formed but they stood near the registration table, so when it opened, they rushed over and got in front of me, and the other 100 people that were standing there. GRRRRRRR it took everything I had not to say anything. FIgured it just wasn't worth it :angry:
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    people who not kidding spit in the garbage can that alone is disgusting let alone people who spit in public places like hospitals. Oh my word. Are you kidding me.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    But one that really bothers me and hasn't been listed is when people use the phrase "I could care less" when what they really mean is "I couldn't care less." If you could care less than that implies you really do care.

Thanks for the chance to vent.
    Wow, I thought I was the only one who felt this way!!!! I have tried to explain this to people but they just don't get it!

I also hate it when they say "Same difference or It is what it is" those 2 phrases drive me insane!!

Memaw
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    When people say "twicED" instead of ''twice'' OMG this one is the worst. It must be a southern thing, never heard it until I moved down here. I could kill people when they say it.
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Stores and restaurants that have double doors and keep one locked!!! I mean the fire code required you to have two doors in the first place -- do you really think I want to stop and unlock the other one if I have to get out of there in a hurry!!!!!
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    people who talk like they type, for instanse lol embarrassed006.gif Nah happy0049.gif or cutting words short or using abreviations all the time. Hello! winking0052.gif
  • cah0806
    cah0806 Posts: 112
    Options
    People who turn around in church to see who came in late; then have the nerve to comment on it. Well if you were paying attention you wouldn't know who came it late. Sorry that just ticks me off. My mom always slapped me in the back of the head when I turned around. Needless to say I don't do it now. :laugh:

Men who complain about having to pay $30 a week in child support.:noway:

People who ask why don't you have kids.

People in rural areas who cut you off then turn 10 feet down the road.

People who send you ten FW: everyday.

Were you reading my mind?
    Add to that, whispering....
    It's just rude. Especially when the hand goes up to cover the mouth, you get a look and then a smile. But they weren't talking about you...Yeah right! Teachers are the worst. You'd think they were the second graders.
  • NotSurprised
    Options
    people who talk loudly on their cell phone in the presence of many other people like we want to hear their idiotic conversations.