Stop Using My Towel

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    It may be a bit irrational, but I realize that it is about respect. The very last line of your post... that is what you need to say to him and not to us.

BTW... I will use the same towel for a week or more, and I'm not bothered if anyone else uses it. My ex-boyfriend, on the other hand, didn't mind reusing towels, but didn't think anyone should share towels or washcloths. My personal opinion... no one has ever passed a disease to a family member by sharing towels and washcloths, but if someone I care about has a hang-up, then I try my best to accomodate them.
  • Iceman1800
    Iceman1800 Posts: 476
    Options
    Your sex life must be downright freaky.
    that was kind of my thought too. Lots of questions but I won't ask. Seems to put passion to the side cuz sometimes you touch just about everywhere....
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Your sex life must be downright freaky.
    that was kind of my thought too. Lots of questions but I won't ask. Seems to put passion to the side cuz sometimes you touch just about everywhere....

Dirty sex and sharing dirt isn't the same thing. If you can't see that maybe you need to shower again before you go to bet with your SO
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I think I must be the only one who doesn't care.

Nope, same here. I was like "I...don't see the point here?!" And then I read the whole thread and thought "Okay, I guess I'm gross" because I couldn't relate to anything. Ah well...

And me....I even share towels with my teenage sons!!!

Me too!
  • Iceman1800
    Iceman1800 Posts: 476
    Options
    I'm not a germaphobe so I'll be ok
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i didn't read all the replies, but this is my take ::

i don't even use a washcloth anymore.
    get a scrubby shower poofy thing. men won't use those.
    i use a clean towel for my body each time, but hair can be one that was used a time or two (especially after i've dyed my hair)

if i'm going to reuse a towel, i hang it over my bedroom door (not the bathroom, because that is usually what people grab first)

problem solved, you're welcome
  • rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    41scr9L19-L._SY300_.jpg

That's amazing.
  • CarleyLovesPets
    CarleyLovesPets Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I never had my own towel (other then my gym towel).
    I can NOT use a towel more then once, that grosses me out.
    But my family, we all share the same towels... Just we do a lot of laundry.

If my significant other had his own towel that he didn't want me using...
    I'd feel a little insulted, but I wouldn't use it.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    i don't even use a washcloth anymore.

If you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.
  • TyFit08
    TyFit08 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm not a germaphobe so I'll be ok

I am by no means a germaphobe, but women we take dumps too and we have TOM. You washing your face with the washcloth I just washed my *kitten* with is nasty. That is a level of intimacy we don't need. If you doesn't bother you, than more power to you.
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Sound like you need seperate bathrooms or what the hell, seperate bedrooms. Obviously, he may use your pillow one day and drool on it.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    DO NOT EVEN JOKE ABOUT SOMEONE DROOLING ON MY PILLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My kids even know my pillow is hallowed ground!!!!
    :grumble:
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I am by no means a germaphobe, but women we take dumps too and we have TOM. You washing your face with the washcloth I just washed my *kitten* with is nasty. That is a level of intimacy we don't need. If you doesn't bother you, than more power to you.

I'm on your side. This is why we have color coded loofa sponges... also, towels. My husband has athletes foot...I don't want to dry my freshly washed hair with that!!!
    ps we have separate bathrooms too though...
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    And you thought internet strangers could help you how?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,971 Member
    Options
    Hm. I live alone and I don't use a towel or washcloth twice.... coincidence?

That said, my place is far from spotless. Just like fresh towels for every shower. I like my bathroom to feel like being at a hotel. ..except maybe for the cat water dish. :ohwell:
  • gettin2fit2quit
    Options
    I don't see what's so bad about it. If you're worried he'll dirty your towel after he just bathed, then you think hes just dirty naturally. which shouldn't be the case at all. Me and my boyfriend use each others towels pretty often, and we see nothing wrong with that. Were both getting clean so why should it be gross?

besides.. who wipes their face off with a towel? I never do that which is probably why its irrelevant to me.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm not a germaphobe. I sit on public toilets and flush with my hands not my feet and even open the door to leave without a paper towel. I refuse to use antibacterial soap and you won't find sanitizer in my purse.

But I have a hang-up about sharing towels, toothbrushes and now that someone brought it up, someone else's drool on my pillow. I'm not worries about catching something. It just bugs me.

In fact, in a movie it bothers me more to see someone spit in someone's face than to shoot that person in the head (which bothers me, too, but in a different way).

If I were a germaphobe, I wouldn't French kiss someone. I do that. But I don't want to share food or drink with that same person. Again, it's irrational, but it's my personal quirk.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I just don't use a towel, just walk through the house and drip dry.
  • terrappyn
    terrappyn Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    My ex fiancee and I have shared a toothbrush on occasion when we had gone away and one of us forgot to bring it. Im sure we have shared a towel at home at some point as well. LOL Its better than having stinky breath and getting dressed while soaking wet.
  • amyhoss
    amyhoss Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    This bothered me too, but then I realized that my husband was only pulling towels from the rack closest to the shower. We have two racks, so I started pulling towels from the farther rack. Fixed that problem without an argument...
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options

I use one every day!