VS "Love Your Body" Commerical Rant

Options

Replies

• Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Make something in my size that makes ME look MY best and I will love your products.

I know right? Frederick's of Hollywood has my size. Too bad it's like 2 hours away. :(
    Not sure if this helps or not, but was a size 14 at my biggest, and that was a Small.

Um, I'm a size 16 and I wear an XL panty and 40C bra. Although I'm not sure if I'm wearing them too big or not. I might be. Sooo yeah, I may have different proportions. >.>

It's all about proportions with VS. When I was wearing a size 12, I needed a medium in most of their things. But a few of their things, I could wear a small. I stayed in a small--still am--at size 4. However, my sister who is a size 4 wears an extra small. I'm surprised you can't find a bra their. They sell 40C in my store, but maybe it's based on location?

Perhaps. I'm starting to wonder if I'm living in the wrong state. :laugh:
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    MORE RYAN FOR EVERYONE!

HCTgy.png

Oh yes. Keep it coming! :wink: :love: :heart:
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Relax.
    Every company can't provide everything to everyone.
  • AliDarling
    AliDarling Posts: 373
    Options
    I agree with you soooo much! I was telling my husband last night, funny how only commericals and magaziens that say love your body has super modles saying it. you don't see anyone higher than a size 2.
  • bleacheblonde
    Options
    I like your post!

THE FOLLOWING IS AIMED TOWARDS SOME PEOPLES RESPONSES:

If you don't like a post, then leave the post. If you don't have something nice to say, don't respond to the post! This site is meant to HELP each other. Some of the responses I have seen are not nice or supportive. Quite frankly, some things I have read are quite shallow and make them sound extremely uneducated. The only reason I could see someone saying some of these things is because they are completely lacking something in their lives.

The End.

There is no MFP rule that I am aware of that states all opinions and advice must be nice. Please quote it to me if I am wrong. I am entitled to share my opinion just the same as you, whether or not I think the OP's point was valid. If you can't handle someone disagreeing with you, the internet is not the place for you.

Here's my opinion: if you can't handle stating your opinion nicely, talking to other people is not for you. Being entitled to share your opinion doesn't make you entitled to be a dillhole about it. NOT saying that you are doing that, but I hate how people are like "I'm entitled to my opinion" to justify being an a-hole.
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    MORE RYAN FOR EVERYONE!

HCTgy.png

THANK YOU for being so generous!!!
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    True story...they don't carry extra large panties in the store...really?! Its not like I am a cow. I was a 16 then...stupid VS
  • happythermia
    Options
    They are selling a 'fantasy' or an 'ideal.' So I get what they are doing. It's way more profitable to have a bunch of models than a bunch of real girls. That's what the Dove campaign proved (although I did love one of the posts I read about their hypocritical ads)
    But I also get what you're saying. It sucks to constantly be told that we aren't good enough. But I honestly think everyone gets that in one way or another.

All of this is besides the point though - WHY would you want to shop at a place that can't even BEGIN to fit you properly for a bra?! They had my size SO SCREWED UP. I went to Nordstrom, got fitted and now I go by that size lol.
  • newmeann
    newmeann Posts: 19
    Options
    I like your post!

THE FOLLOWING IS AIMED TOWARDS SOME PEOPLES RESPONSES:

If you don't like a post, then leave the post. If you don't have something nice to say, don't respond to the post! This site is meant to HELP each other. Some of the responses I have seen are not nice or supportive. Quite frankly, some things I have read are quite shallow and make them sound extremely uneducated. The only reason I could see someone saying some of these things is because they are completely lacking something in their lives.

The End.

There is no MFP rule that I am aware of that states all opinions and advice must be nice. Please quote it to me if I am wrong. I am entitled to share my opinion just the same as you, whether or not I think the OP's point was valid. If you can't handle someone disagreeing with you, the internet is not the place for you.

Here's my opinion: if you can't handle stating your opinion nicely, talking to other people is not for you. Being entitled to share your opinion doesn't make you entitled to be a dillhole about it. NOT saying that you are doing that, but I hate how people are like "I'm entitled to my opinion" to justify being an a-hole.

PERFECT RESPONSE! i love the part you said "I hate how people are like "I'm entitled to my opinion" to justify being an a-hole."
  • Erisad
    Options
    They are selling a 'fantasy' or an 'ideal.' So I get what they are doing. It's way more profitable to have a bunch of models than a bunch of real girls. That's what the Dove campaign proved (although I did love one of the posts I read about their hypocritical ads)
    But I also get what you're saying. It sucks to constantly be told that we aren't good enough. But I honestly think everyone gets that in one way or another.

All of this is besides the point though - WHY would you want to shop at a place that can't even BEGIN to fit you properly for a bra?! They had my size SO SCREWED UP. I went to Nordstrom, got fitted and now I go by that size lol.

Probably because it's the only lingerie shop in my mall. :laugh: Once I move to the city, I'll have more options. Or who knows? Maybe I'll be small enough to fit their stuff. *shrug* I don't know.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I agree with you soooo much! I was telling my husband last night, funny how only commericals and magaziens that say love your body has super modles saying it. you don't see anyone higher than a size 2.

That's ridiculous. I didn't realize you had to be fat to tell people to love their bodies.
  • Ras_py
    Ras_py Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Yes, fat is unhealthy. When you're done with your journey, if you stick with it, you will probably not associate with "fat people" anymore.

Well isn't that sweet? Personal tip from you eh?
  • Kristan_Forsey
    Kristan_Forsey Posts: 103 Member
    Options
  • kooltray87
    kooltray87 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    No offense gals but sometimes its just not cost efficient for stores to sell such a wide range of sizes. VS focuses on the smaller crowd and if you cant fit in their clothes it's not their fault. I was a size 12 most of my life and used to hate plus size stores like Lane bryant because their ultra cute clothes only catered to size 14 and up. Its different strokes for different folks people. I'm a 34DD and I still have trouble finding VS bras that fit me well. Bottom line is, somethings are made for you and somethings are not.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Yes, fat is unhealthy. When you're done with your journey, if you stick with it, you will probably not associate with "fat people" anymore.

Well isn't that sweet? Personal tip from you eh?

I meant you will not associate with the term "fat people". You will not identify as a "fat person" anymore. And yes that's a personal tip from me, as someone who used to identify as a fat person because I used to be fat.

Thanks for your intellectual contribution to this thread
  • Erisad
    Options

That's ridiculous. I didn't realize you had to be fat to tell people to love their bodies.

I don't think everyone higher than a size 2 is considered fat. I mean I saw an article saying Catherine Zeta Jones is fat but she wears a size 8. So maybe that is true in terms of the media. So sad. >.<
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options

PERFECT RESPONSE! i love the part you said "I hate how people are like "I'm entitled to my opinion" to justify being an a-hole."

(1) The only people who are name calling in this thread are the two responses I quoted, calling (me? anyone who shared an honest opinion?) a**holes and dillholes.

(2) I am pretty sure that name calling is in fact against the rules.

(3) I never claimed to be nice. I'm not nice. I'm opinionated and real and don't pretend to not have unpopular opinions. If it makes you feel better, I don't act any more fake in real life than I do on the internet. Can you say the same?
  • HLeAnn
    HLeAnn Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Thread full of women upset that their exact body type isn't represented in every single commercial

This. Not every store is for every person.

I agree.

When I see those commercials it doesn't even cross my mind that they are too thin. I am a size 2-4 myself. I think they are graceful looking almost. But eh. I don't really want to see cellulite and rolls in my underwear commercials

^^^THIS^^^ Understand that in order to get people interested, they have to have aesthetically appealing representatives for their advertising, namely thinner/fitter vs overweight.
  • anneerick
    anneerick Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    "Yes, fat is unhealthy. When you're done with your journey, if you stick with it, you will probably not associate with "fat people" anymore."
    [/quote]

So, I actually have no issue with VS (or dove for that matter) it's simply their choice on advertising and originally I was not planning on posting to this forum. However I could not keep my mouth shut on the complete and utter shallowness and ignorance of the above quote. I'm simply disgusted that someone would chose not to associate with another because of their body type.
    On the bright side, whether you are healthy or unhealthy, reading the above quote will always boost your self-esteem by realizing you have more personality and integrity then others.
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    "Yes, fat is unhealthy. When you're done with your journey, if you stick with it, you will probably not associate with "fat people" anymore."

So, I actually have no issue with VS (or dove for that matter) it's simply their choice on advertising and originally I was not planning on posting to this forum. However I could not keep my mouth shut on the complete and utter shallowness and ignorance of the above quote. I'm simply disgusted that someone would chose not to associate with another because of their body type.
    On the bright side, whether you are healthy or unhealthy, reading the above quote will always boost your self-esteem by realizing you have more personality and integrity then others.
    [/quote]

OUCH! bam!:flowerforyou: