What's your NSV for the day or week?

Options

Replies

• rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    At work yesterday, there were some cupcakes and cake in the lunch room. One of my friends at work was walking by as I was walking by and she said, "I look at you and I just can't eat that cake.", knowing I lost over 100 lbs.

It made me feel good that what I have been doing might be rubbing off on people.
  • kirsty_mc
    kirsty_mc Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I zipped up a skirt yesterday which used to fit me, just, and would feel quite tight and uncomfortable by the end of the day. Yesterday I zipped it up, tucked in my shirt and off I went to work, no marks, no pain nothing!! It didnt feel tight at all.

I've also managed to skip on desert when I was out for dinner the other evening!
  • jinjin8
    jinjin8 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Had a really stressful day at work and I used my scheduled gym session to wind down. It was a great one too, really enjoyed it.

Also had a few really nice weight loss compliments from random people in my work building - why is it (basically) strangers make these comments but my friends say nothing whatsoever?! Really bizzare....
  • apocalypsepwnie
    Options
    Today marks exactly half way of NO CAKE AUGUST for me. I'm really proud of myself as cake is a KILLER! I'll even eat a torte at a 9am meeting for work at a cafe. I love cake, I could eat it every day. Any kind of cake. Even dry over cooked cake.
    But, I'm not worried about it anymore.
    I've also only had 1 diet soft drink this month too! *proud*
  • Tambookie
    Tambookie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My weakness food is cheesy popcorn, and a lot of it. It's 1/2 cup of kernels popped in peanut oil over the stove (comes out to be about 12-16 cups popped), then 2 tbsp of melted butter, salt, and 3 oz of shredded colby-jack cheese over the top.

I used to indulge in this snack about 3-4 times per week. It's no wonder I've gained 125 pounds in the past 5 years. Anyway, I've been doing really well cutting this out of my diet or at least greatly restricting the portion size. Last night, however, I was craving this SO BADLY. I almost gave in a few times, but ultimately made it through the night WITHOUT my cheesy popcorn :) I was so proud of myself this morning!
  • MikeG2
    MikeG2 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Went on a group ride organized by the local bike shop and A guy I've known for a while (and looked up to as a mountain biker) and I were talking. He said "So you're getting pretty fast huh?, I didn't realize that was you at the end of that last race." :bigsmile:
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Today some one walked into my office who I havent seen for a while and the second she saw mw her words were "OMG you have lost so much weight you look so amazing! "
  • dannyweatherly
    Options
    Realizing that it is ok to actually take a complete rest day....Once in a while!
  • THEErikaR
    THEErikaR Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I started Zumba recently and all of a sudden I am feeling such a renewed motivation!!! I needed it, changing it up and getting excited again!!! :drinker:
  • shyeban
    shyeban Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I rode my bike to work today! (7.5 miles) I wasn't so scared of the distance though, more the traffic... but I survived, feel great and it was relatively easy!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    a good friend of mine does my hair cut and colors, she is awesome at it.I hadnt been in to see her since January ( YES I KNOW.) and one of the first things she said when she saw me was OH MY GOD YOURE SOOO SKINNY !!!! That was nice. But she kept asking me questions about what I did and for tips. She was genuinely interested and kept telling me she was really proud of me. It felt amazing.
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I had a great NSV smuggled in another NSV this morning.

Since I have lost my weight, I knew I would need new clothes for the winter. I have a few Fall / Winter jackets and coats that I tried on this morning and they were all WAY too big (falling off my body). Good thing is, they were too big and bad thing is I need to spend money on new ones. :)

Back in the early '90s I was in my early 20s and in the Army. I always kept my uniforms in the attic and this morning when I was trying on the coats I decided to try on a couple of my old Army jackets. Lo and behold, they fit like a charm. I hadn't worn them since 1995 and then I realized I am just about the same weight now as I was back then (maybe a few pounds heavier).

I thought the big coat thing was my huge NSV for the day until I tried the Army stuff on. Those clothes fitting me was the best feeling I ever could have asked for at that very moment and not only was I happy but I was proud of what I had accomplished. Since getting out of the military, I had only ever gone up and up and up in weight and now those old clothes fitting nearly 20 yrs later felt like no days had passed.

I'm on a high today that will be pretty hard to bring me down from.
  • Amyaustin90
    Amyaustin90 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i dont feel addicted to food anymore :-)
  • HotelWife
    HotelWife Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Last night as I was reading stories to my kids, my son squeezed my arm and said, "Mommy, you have big muscles. You're strong."
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm starting to feel a reprieve from my sugar withdrawal. Go me! (It's still bad at night, though.)
  • kpye2011
    kpye2011 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I was able to eat only 1 oreo the other day and my stomach is much less bloated feeling.
  • melissaharned39
    melissaharned39 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm finally done with the 180's! Never again!
    It's still sort of a scale victory, but not at the same time :)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I climbed three flights of stairs this morning, and I didn't die. Also, I lost another inch!
  • edd43
    edd43 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I made it through week 1 RI30 without stopping to catch my breath! A few more like this and I think it's time to move on to week 2 :)
  • cyclingben
    cyclingben Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    size 38 shorts...from a 54 first time since i was 15 iv worn a 38
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!