What's your NSV for the day or week?

Options

Replies

• krom862
    krom862 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    There is a pretty long hill leading up to my daughters pre-school. Last year when walking her in, I would always be short of breath by the time we got to the top. The other day,walking her into school, I realized that I haven't been out of breath once since she started back!
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was tidying up my closet and tried on my old clothes to decide what to keep and what to give to charity. Turns out all of my old (and smaller) clothes fit snugly! I put on a pair of jeans that are 2 sizes smaller than those I was wearing when I signed up here and a belt that I can buckle at the smallest hole, even if it's low on my hips.
  • ch00singlife
    ch00singlife Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My husband brought home Taco Bell and I didn't eat it.
  • cautwell
    cautwell Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My NSV was when my husband got home from work the other day (stays gone for 24hrs) and first thing he said once he looked at me was "Wow, you look skinnier!" with genuine surprise. I was really excited!

I also measured myself this morning after not losing any weight for almost the third week and found that i've lost .75 in. from my waist, .5 from my hips and .25 from my neck!! It is starting to feel like I really can do this!
  • lisanume
    lisanume Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    My size 11 jeans fit fairly comfy yesterday, and
    today... I finished week 4 day 3 of the Couch to 5K and ran another mile after JUST CAUSE!
  • nancycola
    nancycola Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Yesterday a woman at the yoga studio said she hopes to have my abs one day. I told her I loved her.
  • mariiyah
    mariiyah Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    yesterday while i was jog-walking and it started raining i was like 'yay, i can go home!' but then i realised there was only 21 mins left to go so i pushed myself to continue and at the end it felt good. also it was the first time i completed a full 60mins of it! usually i barely last 20-30mins.

for some reason i keep chanting 'Run that sh't off, run that sh't off' in my head when it hurts while i'm jogging. read that on a YT video comment section some time ago :laugh:
  • NikkiSmo
    NikkiSmo Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I have a couple:
    1. Talked my Mom, sister-n-law and a couple friends into doing a 5K with me. Their 1st my 3rd! So happy to have great support.
    2. Last night my 16 y/o daughter said her frends keep telling her how good I look and that she has a hot Mom!
    3. Ran 4.5 miles even though my legs were SO sore from doing squats the night before.
    Life is good...... its the little things that one day you will see have become the BIG things.
  • LauraDotts
    LauraDotts Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    I've had several NSV this week:
    1. I fit into jeans I haven't been able to wear in years. I tried them on not expecting to be able to zip them. Not only did they zip up but they were comfortable.

2. I put on a skirt that I was expecting to be tight and it fit great. So, I wore it to work which leads to the next NSV...

3. I wore a pair of panty-hose. That in itself is an NSV but not only did I wear them but the panty was loose, which leads to the next NSV...

4. My husband called me sexy in the skirt and pantyhose.

5. I'm wearing a pair of stretchy pants today that aren't stretching but are loose.

6. I put on a top 2 days ago that I have to retire because it is way too big.

7. I took in the bands of my bras making them about 8 inches smaller.
  • hopsonc24
    hopsonc24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Packed a gym back, so I could get a short workout in during lunch. Normally when I do that it always remains a good intention..well yesterday I actually hit the gym during lunch and then a 3mile run after work. Bag packed for another lunch workout today!
  • DexterDarko
    Options
    I was able to do nearly an hour of exercise without weights just by past knowledge. Most of the stuff isn't even in the exercises column :(

I'm wiped
  • chezileigh
    Options
    I made the final step of giving up smoking for good! I stopped using nicotine gum. Seeing improvements in my dental health already and I do feel as though my fitness has taken a bit of a jump this week.
  • victoriaannewilliams
    Options
    Fitting into my work slacks, that I could barely button with spanks, and putting them on without the spanx and they fit! They are even loose in the legs, and looser in the hips :)
  • boopskers
    boopskers Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I could zip up my knee high boots!
    Sassy!
  • cwyman66
    Options
    Hubby and I went to a small town near us this past weekend and they have an entire store of nothing but candy (both commercial and home made). I walked in, looked the whole store over, and left without buying a single thing. Hubby said he was amazed that I could walk out without buying anything and I realized the smell in there was actually making me sick because it was so sweet. Yippee for me!
  • Wabbit05
    Wabbit05 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    My husband noticed I had biceps ;)
  • karibj2010
    karibj2010 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Comfortably am wearing size 34 pants for the first time in 3 years. Stoked and feeling great! Also, had to buy a bunch of new clothes last week, nothing I had fit anymore!

25519766.png

Awesome! Congratulations!
  • tinad120
    tinad120 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I got my engagement ring resized, and when it came back, was still too big :)
  • ceecee7636
    ceecee7636 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    The top I wore to work today is really a bit too big now
  • bevskiwolf
    bevskiwolf Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I did a double take when I walked by a glass window tonight. I used to avoid them at all costs. I was like...is that ME? ☺ (these are great; thank you for the thread!) oxxoxoxo
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!