What's your NSV for the day or week?

Options

Replies

• sundropc14
    sundropc14 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    someone told me today that I looked nice and lean !! nothing about weight loss .. Yah hoo
  • Surecutie
    Surecutie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I completed my first 5k on Monday!
  • itsmedicinalbacon
    Options
    I have not had ice cream all summer-I know I can enjoy it sensibly but I liked knowing I can go without and not feel deprived. It was more of a pattern (to go to my fav spot) than a "treat".
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I got back to logging and exercising after a 3 month break and am feeling better after just a few days back at it!
  • IslandDreamer64
    IslandDreamer64 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm on vacation this week and I've done really well with food choices when I don't know where we're going to eat until we get there! Feels great to make good choices!
  • ceppie
    ceppie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    i take it youre supposed to have them daily or weekly then? what if you dont?

You don´t have them weekly! Or at least not a big thing every week... But I like the idea of being on a look out for NSV´s. I tend to get frustrated with my self for not exercising or not eating healthy. But getting angry at my self does not help me much. It starts the thought pattern of "I told you you can not do this. You should have never started. You always fail. You will never make it." I rather like to concentrate (and collect) those moments that give me an extra push.

It´s surely not every day, maybe not even every week, but the more I look for it the better I feel.
  • brutalbaby
    brutalbaby Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Every one keeps saying how much weight I have lost and I have fitted in over 4 pairs of my old jeans that I haven't worn in like3-4years!!!
  • Chelle_Davis
    Options
    Yesterday my Director brought cake to the office and I didn't have one slice. Cake is my biggest weakness, so being able to deflect its charms made me feel like Superwoman!!!
  • LaylaJo
    LaylaJo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend keeps telling me how firm my butt looks (and feels *wink*). I'm on my 4th week of P90X and don't plan on giving up! WIN for sure! lol
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Using the next notch on my belt.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I almost cut down my workout tonight... But I pushed through and did the whole thing. I feel fantastic!

That's awesome! This was mine too! I am getting over a sinus infection that is trying to make its way into my chest. I still have a little chest congestion, but I pushed through it and did my workout anyway.
  • jessihoover
    Options
    someone told me that I looked like I was "shrinking away"
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    At my blood pressure check at the doctor's yesterday, both values had gone down 9 points so I'm no longer "borderline", I'm in the healthy range.
  • HeikkiLaukkanen
    HeikkiLaukkanen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    A huge week for me as far as NSV's:

1) Set new personal bests in the gym for amount of weight lifted or tied personal bests

2) Visited a friend and his family on Sunday evening for dinner and they asked what I was doing (eating, exercise) because I was looking really fit

3) During a class for my work a bodybuilder who I hadn't seen in over a year said I was looking bigger (in a good way!)
  • soniathekitty
    soniathekitty Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I've had two fabulous ones. First of all, I was mistaken for a hussy. ;-) The landlord that owns the house across the way from me is only there a few times a year (she rents to students). She saw me and thought that my husband was running around with some younger thinner girl. She saw my truck in the driveway, she assumed the worst. She was ready to curse me out, til she walked up and realized it was ME!!! hahahaha. ;-)

Second one, I mowed my back yard in shorts and a sports bra. It's been about 14 years since I've been brave enough to wear something that revealing somewhere publicly visible. I've dropped 118 lbs in 3 years..my body isn't rock hard by any stretch, but I'm pushing hard, and that includes pushing my comfort levels to a spot of normalcy (for me). I felt incredibly empowered. (and worried that the kids next door were thinking that their neighbor was half nekkid...see, issues to overcome..LOL)
  • FelicityEliza36
    FelicityEliza36 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Chris Powell from Extreme Makeover Weight loss Edition commented me on facebook! I love him - him / that show has been a huge inspiration to me in the past 3 months, so this meant A LOT to me last night! <3

24cwjzq.jpg

I also had to wear a belt to work the other day with my jeans because they wouldnt have stayed up. I have lost 12 1/2 inches in the past 87 days and dropped 15 lbs.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Two for me this week:

Normally I clip my iPod onto the waistband of my running skort... On Monday evening when I went running I couldn't because it was making my skort slide down and I didn't want to expose myself to all of the kids at the park!

And, as autumn is starting to roll into New England, I was pulling out my weather-appropriate work clothes and nothing fit! No even a belt would help--it all looked ridiculous! So on Tuesday evening I had to go to the store to buy some new clothes for the new me!
  • HeikkiLaukkanen
    HeikkiLaukkanen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Chris Powell from Extreme Makeover Weight loss Edition commented me on facebook! I love him - him / that show has been a huge inspiration to me in the past 3 months, so this meant A LOT to me last night! <3

24cwjzq.jpg

I also had to wear a belt to work the other day with my jeans because they wouldnt have stayed up. I have lost 12 1/2 inches in the past 87 days and dropped 15 lbs.

Amazing that's awesome!
  • kuunsilta
    kuunsilta Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I found an old t-shirt I use to wear as a kid ( a cute shirt that says "It's a cat's life"). It was pretty baggy for me, and it made me happy because when I took it off, it was a CHILD'S LARGE.
  • imhungry2012
    imhungry2012 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I put on my favorite suite this AM (havent worn it in a while) and it is WAY TOO BIG...I looked like I was playing dress-up!! I changed and put on a pair of standard black pants (still big but wearable) and when I put my belt on I am another belt hole smaller!!! It was a good morning when saying "I have nothing to wear" because everything was too big instead of 3 months ago when it was because nothing fit :)

I think I deserve a shopping trip this weekend :) Thanks for letting me share this is my first NSV...looking forward to more!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!