What's your NSV for the day or week?

Options

Replies

• pigbopa
    pigbopa Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Today I had to buy new pants, smaller rather than larger. Yesterday I saw my cousin, she said I was getting skinny. I'm not skinny by a long shot, but it's nice to know that people can tell.
  • determinedhealthy
    determinedhealthy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I started a group a few weeks ago, to start the south beach diet tommorrow and I started a day earlier, today and had a great logging/eating day! Phase 1 day 1 complete!
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    I had three this week.........

1. The coffee truck guys who comes to our job asked me if i was losing weight, and said that i looked good.

2. One of the Combat Hapkido students at my school noticed i was losing weight, and said i was doing great.

3. One of the Black Belts in my Tae Kwon Do class (who knew i was losing weight), told me i was doing a great job, and that i looked good as well.
  • Monnietron
    Monnietron Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    In the past week I have work 2 pairs of jeans I couldn't have worn 2 months ago. They aren't even stretchy jeans!
  • TheRealMrsMetro
    TheRealMrsMetro Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My jeans literally fell off me! They used to be tight!
  • photojunkie28
    Options
    Went for my 2 mile jog tonight after having taken a week off from jogging (but not other things) and improved my time by almost 2 minutes :)

Also, I got rid of a whole tote of clothes that no longer fit me and NEVER will again (and made 32 bucks doing so!)
  • TheRealMrsMetro
    Options
    I ran a 5K this week and finished in 22:25...35 seconds faster than I ran 3 months ago!

That is AWESOME! Congrats on your PR!!!
  • TheRealMrsMetro
    Options
    I participated in the annual Terry Fox Run and finished 10K in 75 minutes. Not a great time, but considering it took me 70 minutes a year ago and I was out of commission for four months with a concussion, I was really proud of myself. Maybe next year I can get to sub 70.
    That is FANTASTIC! Do not be so hard on yourself, it is hard to get the momentum going again! You should be proud of yourself!!!
  • TheRealMrsMetro
    Options
    I had 2 NSV today ! ! !

# 1. Went to see my endocrinologist (I have diabetes) and he was so excited about the 12 pounds I have lost since I last saw him in May. It was the very first thing he said after Hello!
    # 2. He also told me my BMI had dropped from Obese to just Overweight!

Then he said he would like to see me lose another 10 #. <sigh>

That is great news! BTW, wait until he sees you next time! ;o)
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I got into a dress yesterday that I wasn't even able to even pull over my hips last month! And I was able to zip it up!! Still a little snug, but I'm getting there...YAY!!!
  • SilverOnTheTree
    SilverOnTheTree Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am STRONG today: raised all my weights by +1 setting at the gym today and completed the workout with a healthy heart rate. it feels good :D
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I finally learned to take rest days.
    'Cause last week I exercised instead of resting.
    Then when I went to do my big Mon Morning Workout, I had no steam!

I learned my lesson!

This weekend.... I rested.

I am excited for tomorrow morning (Monday) to hit the weights...and get more fit!
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I was able to comfortably wear my work belt on the 3rd notch when it used to barely fit on the 1st. I also resisted the temptation of bacon, tacos, pizza, donuts, candy, and all the other unhealthy things my mother loves to buy!

Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!
  • dlibonati
    dlibonati Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Did a closet clean out and found 9 pairs of jeans that are now too big for me.... GOOD RIDDANCE!
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I didn't have to fight to pull my jeans up today! They are getting a bit looser... :)
  • jenjersnapco
    jenjersnapco Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I was trying on skinny jeans yesterday. I had them on but needed to exchange the shirt I was trying on too (for a smaller size!) so I stepped out of the dressing room to ask for help. The young woman said to me, "Those jeans are too big. You know that, right? You've got too much room in the butt and the top of the thigh.".

No, I didn't know that! I was so happy size 12s fit that I didn't notice I have shot past it! They didn't have 10s in stock or I would be bragging about fitting in size 10s, heh heh.
  • HeikkiLaukkanen
    HeikkiLaukkanen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    A gay waiter hit on me. Hey it's few and far between when a woman does it so I'll take what I can!

Just in case I'm not clear, I'm straight as a line between two points. But I've come a long way from my little homophobic red neck upbringing and just take it as a complement.
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I am in *one*derland! yay! losing weight even though I am benched with a severe sprain/probable stress fracture. DYING to get back to working out though!
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    For dinner, I had lasagna made with meat, and it wasn't hamburg. SAUSAGE. :love:

I DIDN'T eat the whole piece - it was four inches square and two inches high. Definitely NOT a 'Cup' serving.
  • Jstash88
    Jstash88 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I could not stop snacking today.... but I was honest and logged everything, and still stayed under!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!