How much do you spend a week on groceries?

Options

Replies

• aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I spend about 100.00 or more cuz im gluten free,but im coupon person so that's for almost 3 carts,which includes reg.food for daughter and husband.with store card & coupns i can bring that to about 50.00 or less.my store doubles coupons,I get 4-6 papers a week & get coupons on line.I have a store in my basement,this also includes my gluten free food.
  • Keiko385
    Keiko385 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Roughly $15-$30 weekly at the farmers market, but 3/4 of that ends up in the freezer and maybe another $50-$75 every 2 weeks on meats and perishables for just me. I have managed to almost fill my chest freezer with enough fruits and vegetables to get me through the winter without having to take my chances buying winter harvest or hothouse vegetables,
  • kobashi
    kobashi Posts: 164
    Options
    100 a week.. Me and a toddler who is picky.
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    It is just my daughter and I, but I buy a lot of high quality protein, shakes, bars, and cheeses as I'm on a high protein low carb doctor approved diet.

so I spend anywhere from 150 to 200 dollars a week...i'm often making a meal for me and a meal for her...

but that number also includes wine and dog food for our pet dog...
  • tourettte
    tourettte Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    20-30 bucks but I live alone and I have friends over sometimes. I'd probably spend more but my family sends weekly packages of homegrown fruit, veggies and meat. Healthy diet is expensive in this country
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Just me and I spend around £40 to £50 a week ($60/70), that sometimes doesn't last!!! :grumble:
  • DesireeLovesOrganic
    DesireeLovesOrganic Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    $250 ish a week for a family of 4 (very rarely do we eat out.) I am picky about organic food though so I know that costs slightly more. That's not even with much meat (I am vegan but my kids and husband eat organic meat about 2x a week.)

I have to go about every 3 days because we go through produce like mad.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    I live in central Indiana and spend $200 a month on groceries for myself.
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    It really varies by region. In Colorado, my boyfriend and I spent about $50/week, and that was buying name-brand packaged food. In New Jersey, we spend about $75-100/week, no matter what we're buying (though it is somewhat cheaper buying non-processed foods now so long as we shop the sales).
  • sds76
    sds76 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    $200-$250 a week for 2 adults and 5 children. That budget also covers all paper products, cleaning products,hygeine products, dog food, cat food and litter, and diapers and wipes. Some weeks I spend less, some more but I average $1000/month so about 200/250.
  • PurpleMane
    Options
    I have a food budget of £100 a month, so I spend as little as I can!
    I just manage it usually but sometimes my dad has to help me out with a bit extra.
  • cybercpa
    cybercpa Posts: 60
    Options
    $100+ week: Lots of fresh seafood, fresh fruits and veggies. And when I "need" a pizza, mexican food, italian food, or chinese food I buy Lean Cuisines of those types. Lean cuisines aren't great but will do as a substitute for (real) fattening versions of those foods when I crave them. And the Lean cuisines are portion controlled and satisfy those cravings. Lean cuisines seem pricey to me. Gainesville, Florida :flowerforyou:
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    With 2 teenaged boys who never seem to stop eating, and a hubby who won't say no to a midnight snack, we spend about $300/wk on groceries. We eat LOTS of produce, too. This does not count times when we go out to eat (perhaps once a week at about $60 for the family). Also, we hunt, so usually have an elk in the freezer, as well as bison and beef that are raised by friends (processing is an additional cost).
  • juliedozier
    juliedozier Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Right there with ya! I'm at about $150 for 2 adults and then add dog food for 4 dogs ... pushing $200 every week. Yikes! Definately went up when I started eating better. Oh well, it's way worth it!
  • sharpeoplepc
    sharpeoplepc Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    $125 per week for a family of 4. Phoenix, AZ
  • hailzp
    hailzp Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Me and my partner, we spend roughly about $150 (NZ Dollar) every two weeks including the fruit and vegetables from the market/ veg shop. We are basically eating rice and peas towards the end of the second week though.
  • MoonyRose
    Options
    It's just me and I've always been on a really tight budget. I spend up £15-20 a week on food, sometimes less. I eat until my cupboards are empty and have frozen veg, buy reduced price food then I don't have to shop so much. x
  • tskitzoid
    Options
    On a day where we are going because we pretty much have an empty kitchen, my husband and I can spend about 170 give or take. (Including stuff for our kittens.) But we don't ever buy groceries every week. We can usually go one and a half or two weeks per major shopping trips. Otherwise for little odds and ends shopping to get things we might need between trips, we can spend about 50-100 depending on what it is we need to get.
  • mistlight454
    mistlight454 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I spend $80.00 for 1 adult. I mainly by produce and lean cuisine for portion control. Prices in stores are way too high!
  • Devin182
    Devin182 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I spend about $100-120 a month on groceries for one person. I buy sale and generic products. and also a lot of frozen veggies. also when chicken or meat is on sale I buy it and portion it out and freeze it.

I spent about $120-140 when I was living with my ex boyfriend. except I buy less junk food now and I rarely go out to dinner where as with my ex we went out 2x a month.