funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Eat more to weigh more

Eat less to weigh less

tumblr_m8ro1tT9mz1qzgqkl.gif
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hi... I'm Karen.... And since I've been here in January I do weigh more... I was eating aprox 1400-1500 when I joined I weighed 143-145 then.... I increased to 1800-2000 plus... Now I weigh 153....... For me it was eat more, weigh more since Ive been here. And.... its not muscle weight. I do elliptical and mostly cardio... I have recently in the last 3 weeks lowered in intake goal to the 1400-1500 and have lost 1.1 since. Goal is 130-135 LBS. To lose about 20 ish lbs... It might take at least 20 weeks of being 100 % in target everyday. I've done it before, and will do it again. Also to drink that water, and do my 30 mins of purposeful exercise 6 days per week. Hopefully that will do the trick. The real trick is to get your range adjusted right when hitting your goal weight... As to not creep up on the scale as I have since I started here. I was 136.5 last Sept and was unable to stabilize at that weight. I did eat more... And as a result, I do weigh more... But not for long.. 1400-1500 to lose for me... Then I can up it a TINY bit to maintain.. Hopefully.
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, eating less to weigh less really worked for me. I lost 145 pounds in a year and half at 1200 calories a day.

I also lost: my hair, my friends, my health, and my sanity.

That sounds terrible, I really hope you got some/all of those back.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Eat more to weigh more

Eat less to weigh less
    Hey aren't you the girl going to the olympics in 4 years?
  • kingofcrunk
    kingofcrunk Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Eat more to weigh more

Eat less to weigh less
    Hey aren't you the girl going to the olympics in 4 years?

One of the girls going, theres quite a few of us on the potential team!
  • joanne51971
    Options
    LMFAO!!!!!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    People just start these threads to cause a ruckus. Everyone is different. No one diet works for every person. I need to eat a decent amount because of my metabolism being faulty. If I don't eat, I'll gain. I'd rather eat a bit more, and lose slower than the average person, than stall completely and be unhealthy by not eating enough.
  • sherrybaby81
    sherrybaby81 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I know I'm not the only one that agrees.

Don't be afraid of all those "Eat More To Weigh Less" bullies. Speak your mind!
    I think everyone needs to do what works for them.

Personally, I am on your page. I tried eating just 1400 cal and not eating my exercise calories back and I lost. When I ate half back, I gain. I have also not lost a single inch in months :(
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I just think it's sad to see people eating 1200 calories and working out like crazy, then complaining because they're exhausted and miserable and NOT losing weight. This DOES happen to people all the time--just check the forums. It's a balance--not too little, not too much.

And I think that it is sad to see people upping their calories, hugging the couch and then swearing that EM2WL is the holy grail solution to all of their lifetime weight problems.

If you want to check something...just notice how often the same people blindly ignore other glaring factors and start right in on preaching the gospel of "up your calories and you will start to lose weight"...(((and heaven forbid if someone were to ever suggest a calorie reduction...that person would get tarred and feathered (bullied) by members of EM2WL)))...again...one size does not fit all!

Edited because I don't give a flip anymore
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

This was PERFECTLY said!! I'm building a fat burning machine! I've lost all my weight eating 2000+ cals a day. :drinker:

That being said, if people want to suffer on 1200 cals a day, that's their business I guess. It's unnecessary and miserable, but hey, it's your life.

This is again the attitude that turns people off the EMWL. I'm not suffering, I'm not miserable, and for me, it is necessary. Even for those where it is not necessary, that attitude comes off as smug and superior (not accusing the poster of being so but pointing out how it sounds) and unlikely to persuade most people.

I also get plenty of of healthy fats and protein. I do have to use a protein powder, but that's much more related to food allergies and being vegan.
  • thistimeismytime
    Options

This was PERFECTLY said!! I'm building a fat burning machine! I've lost all my weight eating 2000+ cals a day. :drinker:

That being said, if people want to suffer on 1200 cals a day, that's their business I guess. It's unnecessary and miserable, but hey, it's your life.

This is again the attitude that turns people off the EMWL. I'm not suffering, I'm not miserable, and for me, it is necessary. Even for those where it is not necessary, that attitude comes off as smug and superior (not accusing the poster of being so but pointing out how it sounds) and unlikely to persuade most people.

• harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    SIGH. I haven't , nor will I read through all the posts in this thread. I'm sure the horse has already been thoroughly beaten ..just let it rest.

I wil simply say this: WHY would it bother you (or anyone else) that some folks choose to eat more than their BMR, but less than TDEE/maintenance to lose weight ? there is plenty of science behind the concept . In fact, I highly recommend reading THE SMARTER SCIENCE OF SLIM by Jonathan Bailor. DIETS don't work. WORK = losing fat and keeping it off. To lose fat and keep it off, you must make lifestyle changes, sustainable lifestyle changes. That is the tenet behind EM2WL. Make healthy lifestyle changes that you can do now and maintain for life. I'm perplexed why there is so much animosity. Why wouldn't anybody want to lose weight while eating as much as possible? And if you don't, or believe it isn't what you want to do ....OK.

I've been the block a few times in my fight against fat. For me ... cleaning up my diet, making changes in macros, challenging my muscles and eating to fuel my body so that I have energy, never feel deprived is what has finally worked. I'm not on a diet. Im LIVING my life with changes I've made over the past year. I've never felt better, never been smaller and I never feel that I can't do this forever. I sincerely wish that everyone who wants it ...can get themselves a little bit of THAT: )

Jen
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    I agree with you that for more people than not, it's probably unnecessary. I wasn't trying to pick apart your post, and I appreciate you clarifying it. I don't know you so have no way of knowing your personality. That's why I clarified, because like you said, things don't come off the way you meant it with the written word.
  • thistimeismytime
    Options
    I agree with you that for more people than not, it's probably unnecessary. I wasn't trying to pick apart your post, and I appreciate you clarifying it. I don't know you so have no way of knowing your personality. That's why I clarified, because like you said, things don't come off the way you meant it with the written word.

I appreciate that. You seem like a sweet person and I truly wish you the best. I really just need to stay away from the forums though, and I can't seem to learn that. One of my new bad habits.
  • FlaxMilk
    Options

I appreciate that. You seem like a sweet person and I truly wish you the best. I really just need to stay away from the forums though, and I can't seem to learn that. One of my new bad habits.

LOL thanks. :) I'm laughing because I was thinking the same thing (about myself). I actually hate conflict but am opinionated and a little sensitive too. Bad combination!
  • thistimeismytime
    Options

LOL thanks. :) I'm laughing because I was thinking the same thing (about myself). I actually hate conflict but am opinionated and a little sensitive too. Bad combination!

Lol, yep I'm the same way and it IS a bad combination on the Internet, but I think it makes for a pretty interesting and fun person in real life. :flowerforyou:
  • FlaxMilk
    Options

Lol, yep I'm the same way and it IS a bad combination on the Internet, but I think it makes for a pretty interesting and fun person in real life. :flowerforyou:

Well hey now, if you're not careful I'm sending you a friend request :flowerforyou:
  • arielian
    arielian Posts: 200
    Options
    it was a sarcastic joke, why is everyone so judgmental. eating more and weighing less doesnt work for me either neither did eating back my calories. chop my head off.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    In to read later as I'm heading out the door. (I especially want to see if anyone has brought up OP's experience with the concept given his entire one month on MFP.)

And is all of the confusion just:

<
    concept

<
    head

??

I've been on MFP for 8 months, thanks! I changed usernames because the last one didn't represent my current life status. Feel free to ask questions before making assumptions.