"Eat More To Weigh More"

Options
15678911»

Replies

• NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Everyone keeps mistyping it as "Eat More To Weigh Less." Silly people.
    You're welcome for the correction.

well aren't you Mr. Clever. Do you want a pat on the back? Or how about a cookie? Oh, wait. You're about the eat less...to err...weigh less? Have fun with that. Skinny fat here we come. Let's grab some pink dumbbells and do Zumba while we're at it. #winning.

So you hate the color pink, Zumba, and the concept of eating low calories because those things all lead to "skinny fat" ... wow.. you're not stereotyping anything at all...
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    Bump!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In to read later as I'm heading out the door. (I especially want to see if anyone has brought up OP's experience with the concept given his entire one month on MFP.)

And is all of the confusion just:

<
    concept

<
    head

??

I've been on MFP for 8 months, thanks! I changed usernames because the last one didn't represent my current life status. Feel free to ask questions before making assumptions.

Okay, so my assumption about how long you've been at this was off by seven months.

I'll take that over your incorrect assumption of the concept of "eat more lose more".
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    Bump!

Oh my God, would you just shut up already?

If this was so bad, why would you reply?
  • fizzletto
    fizzletto Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Just to give my 2 cents, I think different lifestyle choices suit different people. I've lost all this weight so far by being on a 1,200 calorie a day diet; upping my calorie intake to 1,400 - 1,600 a day did not make me gain weight but it did not make me lose either. Basically I just stayed the same, which isn't what I wanted. After working out my BMR and TDEE and all those things I found out that for someone of my age, body type, weight and lifestyle, 1,200 calories IS a sensible amount that would lead to steady weight loss. Much more and I'm just going to maintain.

However, just because it didn't work for ME, I'm not self-centred enough to presume that must mean that the whole theory is rubbish. Just because of MY personal experience with it.

I've heard of, and met many, many people (seriously, a LOT of people) who get fabulous results from the 'eat more, weigh less' idea. People who weren't getting anywhere with 1,200 calories and only managed to kickstart their metabolism and shift the pounds on a higher calorie diet. It definitely is the best option for many people, mostly larger-framed individuals and those who exercise more frequently than I.

Different horses for different courses.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    Options
    In to read later as I'm heading out the door. (I especially want to see if anyone has brought up OP's experience with the concept given his entire one month on MFP.)

And is all of the confusion just:

<
    concept

<
    head

??

I've been on MFP for 8 months, thanks! I changed usernames because the last one didn't represent my current life status. Feel free to ask questions before making assumptions.

Okay, so my assumption about how long you've been at this was off by seven months.

I'll take that over your incorrect assumption of the concept of "eat more lose more".

You're welcome to believe what you choose, however, my assumptions aren't the ones that have been proven wrong.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Did not work for me at all. Did it for a year. I was only eating back my exercise calories, never over. I'm revamping my strategy.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Lol *kitten* starter!

What?

I'm sorry, I've tried that whole"eat more to weight less" crap and I just gained weight continuously.

That's how I got fat to begin with, EATING MORE.

Now, I eat less and BAM less weight.

Eat More To Weigh More
    or
    Eat Less To Weigh Less

I choose option 2 Bob.

i think it depends on how much you have to lose.... does *not* seem to be working for me. i am 5'7" 137# and want to get down to around 125 or so. and i cannot for the life of me, seem to consistently wrap my mind around it all...just doesn't add up. seems illogical. i am happy for those whom it does work for though!