Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    "Take the focus off how losing weight is going to make you look. Instead, put it on how losing weight can help you improve your life"

from the book, 'The Best Life Diet' by Bob Greene.
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    So today I went out to eat at the fav pizza place, only did two pieces which is really, really good for me. I also had garlic bread slice, when I went to log that it came out 500+ cal. just for the bread. So I looked around for other examples and found most were about 100 per slice. so i choose one of them and came in under my daily. Now who else searches for 'better' selections?
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Ushkil- Great to see you back. I have also been know to search for a better selection. It is even harder with local pizza places to find something comparable.

Nikki- Happy Easter.

I received my computer plug today and I am so happy to be back on my computer. It arrived alot faster than I expected so YIPEE.

I will be back at some point this week, but now I need to go to bed. It will be a busy week but I will deal with it.

Monday- Trainer workout for tri-prep
    Tuesday- Rest
    Wednesday- swim
    Thursday-Rest
    Friday-warm up workout- get up to race HR then back off
    Saturday- TRIATHLON
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @lauire-- I can't believe your tri is this Saturday--I'm very excited for you!

@ushkii-- I look for entries that I think are realistic. IMHO 500 is way too high for one piece of garlic bread, so I would've opted for a better selection there. I also had pizza for dinner, though ours was frozen so a bit easier to log.

@garysgirl4 --sorry for all of the illness in your family; hope everyone gets better quick. I forget where you live, but it sounds like your weather this week will mimic ours from last week, so I'm guessing you might be east coast? Regardless, I hope it's just rain for you and not the tornadoes and hail we got here.

@melissa-- I have the same issue; I usually have time to catch up on reading the thread throughout the day, but never have time to post until later at night.

@susan-- can't wait to hear about your trip!

@angelika-- glad to hear you survived the sleepover. I also got rid of all of my larger sized clothes as I lost the weight, so I am ultra-sensitive if my waistband begins to tighten. I also REFUSE to buy larger clothes. I hope your ribs finish healing soon, so you can really get back to the activity level you desire.

@tom-- TJ is my favorite president. Whenever I had to do any sort of research on a "founding father" in HS or college, he was always my choice. As a result, I know a lot of random trivia about him but very little about any of the others. :blush:

@amy-- My father joined when he was 17 (early-in program) and served 12 years active duty. I was born when he was 27, so he went reserve when I was just 2. He was stationed near Chicago (Glenview NAS) so we didn't travel or move around a lot. However, I did spend a lot of summers in Norfolk where he did his 2 weeks each year.

Monday Check-in:
    Weight is holding steady--a small miracle given the sorry state of my nutrition lately. This week will also be a challenge food-wise as I leave Wed right after work for our union RA. I won't have a lot of control over where we eat, but I can make the best choices possible from what's available. I do already know we are going to a Brazilian steakhouse for our region dinner Thursday night which will be a high-calorie meal. My plan is to try to find time to work out during a break from the work sessions since there is a gym at the hotel.

Tomorrow I plan to get in my 3rd run for this week. Then I will need to go to the grocery store to get some healthy snacks and breakfast items for the hotel and get my suitcase all packed since I need to take it to school Wed morning so I can go straight to the hotel form there on Wed afternoon.

April Challenge:

Nutrition = At or over 90 grams of protein 5/7 days a week
    Week 1: At/over 90g of protein 6/7
    Week 2: At/over 90g of protein 5/7
    Week 3: At/over 90g of protein x/7
    Week 4: At/over 90g of protein x/7

Exercise = run 3 x/week:
    Week 1: 1/3 runs
    Week 2: 2/3 runs
    Week 3: x/3 runs
    Week 4: x/3 runs

Next 8k is May 9th (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15, 3/29 = 59:15)

Grading Goals:
    1. 46/64 Wuthering Heights reflections
    2. 60/60 AP quizzes DONE
    3. x/64 Lit theory papers
    4. x/60 Junior research papers

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--walk gunner DONE
    Mon--rest day (podiatrist appt)
    Tues--walk gunner + gym
    Wed--rest day
    Thurs-- hotel gym
    Fri--hotel gym
    Sat--walk gunner

2015 Mantra = Just 15 minutes
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @tlh0407 - MapMyWalk has a selection for "walk - treadmill" AND "Run - treadmill". Unfortunately it doesn't have one for "elliptical " so I used "stairs" which is a comparable exercise. Since it bases my calorie burn on the metrics I put in the app, I'm happy with the results. I tried using "other gym workout" but it doesn't generate a calorie burn.

AFM - I used my lunch to 1. Walk to the gym, 2. Do the elliptical for 10 minutes, & 3. Walk back to work. I used MMW to track each segment and it worked out to 316 calories for a 30 min workout! I'm very happy about that!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Good Morning. Sorry I’ve been MIA, I just don’t get much opportunity to get stuff done during the week so my weekends tend to be filled with running around. Today we’re ordering lunch in for a co-workers birthday, but the place we’re ordering from has an online nutrition calculator so I already have a plan. I did bake some oatmeal cranberry white chocolate cookies for the birthday girl, but took the time to put them through the recipe builder so I know what the damage is before eating one (managed to only eat two while baking them). :smile:

@Susan~Glad to see you back, hope you had a fab time at the beach and visiting your parents!

@GOINSTD12~Interesting, I’ve never thought about using MMW for indoor exercise.

@Holly~Hooray to the job prospects, wishing you good luck this week on your phone interviews!

@Karen~Thanks for sharing the article, reminders we all need from time to time. I know it was about the article, but I love the picture of the kitten with their head in the box (Zoe does that)! :lol:

@Laurie~Wow, can’t believe this Saturday is your tri. You’re going to do great!

AFM~Not much to report. My new Fitbit Charge HR arrived on Friday, took a while to set it up since they were having server issues—loving it so far. I’m finding the HR to be fairly accurate and it seems more accurate overall than my Flex did. It’s still new though, so need more time to evaluate its consistency—one cool feature is it flashes a person’s name on the display & vibrates when my iPhone rings, that surprised me yesterday. :wink: Oh, another cool feature is I don't have to put this one in "sleep" mode, it detects it automatically--I've had to adjust the time a bit but otherwise its fairly accurate.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.

Happy International Moment of Laughter Day!

It’s International Moment of Laughter Day! Today is a day to laugh loudly and laugh often! Watch a funny movie, read an amusing book, share your favorite jokes, and indulge in some good old-fashioned silliness to celebrate the occasion.
    In addition to spreading joy, laughter has many health benefits. Studies have shown that there is indeed some truth to the old saying, "laughter is the best medicine." Laughter can act as an antidote to pain, stress, and conflict. It also strengthens our immune systems, boosts circulation, and relaxes muscles.
    Whether you giggle, chuckle, chortle, cackle, or guffaw, share a moment of laughter with friends, family, and strangers today. Happy International Moment of Laughter Day!

You can bear your troubles or shrug them off. They're your shoulders. ~Robert Brault

Tom
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys!

Super busy day trying to get sub plans ready for when I'm out Thursday and Friday. I had planned the gym, but just took a long walk with gunner instead. 1) I had to finish some laundry and get packed, and 2) a friend invited me to meet her for dinner--her treat as a thank you for bargaining. Couldn't pass that up. :smile: If I get everything done early tomorrow, I can jet out of school right at 3:30 and have time to go to the gym at the hotel before our evening dinner meeting.

Tuesday Goals:
    Just trying to make sure I'm all prepared for RA. Had some struggles with what clothes to pack since it's pretty warm during the day, but still chilly at night. Jeans are fine for daytime on the assembly floor, but we have a couple of nicer dinners planned, so had to figure out outfits for those. Packed way more than I'll need, but that's my MO. :blush:

Finished the WH journals and have packed 30 of the Junior Research papers and one set (26) of the Lit Theory essays. I'll be ecstatic if I can get all of those done at RA. Probably wishful thinking, but I can't grade them if I don't take them with me, right?

April Challenge:

Nutrition = At or over 90 grams of protein 5/7 days a week
    Week 1: At/over 90g of protein 6/7
    Week 2: At/over 90g of protein 5/7
    Week 3: At/over 90g of protein x/7
    Week 4: At/over 90g of protein x/7

Exercise = run 3 x/week:
    Week 1: 1/3 runs
    Week 2: 2/3 runs
    Week 3: x/3 runs
    Week 4: x/3 runs

Next 8k is May 9th (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15, 3/29 = 59:15)

Grading Goals:
    1. 64/64 Wuthering Heights reflections DONE
    2. 60/60 AP quizzes DONE
    3. x/64 Lit theory papers
    4. x/60 Junior research papers

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--walk gunner DONE
    Mon--rest day (podiatrist appt)
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym NOT DONE
    Wed--rest day (hotel gym?)
    Thurs-- hotel gym
    Fri--hotel gym
    Sat--walk gunner

2015 Mantra = Just 15 minutes
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    well I survived my left knee scope today. after was very painful and very painful to get in and out of the back to come home.
    thanks for all the welcome backs.I hope physical therapy will get me back to some activity.
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    @ushkii - Welcome back! Good luck with the physical therapy!

@susan - Glad to see you're still alive! :)

Not much time for personals. I've been reading along on my phone, but I can't post from there. This is just a quick check in from my laptop before the kids and I get out the door for the day.

Last week was spring break and we had a Knights of Columbus event over calories. Consequence? I am up 5 lbs. That's 5 lbs over my current normal range. I know better!!!

Under Calories: 3/7

Tues-Run 2: MISSED
    Wed-XT:DONE
    Thurs-Run 2:rested
    Fri-Rest:Ran 1.5, swam
    Sat-Run 2.5:MISSED
    Sun-Run/Walk 1.5:missed
    Mon-Rest:Walked 1.5

2015 Mantra: You Know Better! ~and~ Finish This Baby!

• kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. It just dawned on me that it’s Wednesday, I guess it just feels like Tuesday since I was off of work on Monday. :blush:

Slow day on the thread yesterday.

@Karen~I am notorious for over-packing, you wouldn't believe the shoes I take! :blush: For every cruise, I bring two suitcases--I have the best of intentions for wearing everything I bring but it doesn't always work out that way. I always say next time I'm packing light but I never do. :lol:

@ushkii~I had my knee scoped and a meniscusectomy three years ago, after 4 sessions with a physical therapist my surgeon said my mobility had improved enough that I didn't have to continue. Just do the exercises religiously, both what your surgeon gave you post-op and what your PT recommends—you may not be running marathons but otherwise should be back to 100% in about 6 weeks. :wink: If you have access to a bike (recumbent or otherwise), it’s great for knee rehab. Oh and don’t be a hero, take those pain meds—I had the most pain 2 days post-op, then it gradually subsided. :smile:
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    "When making changes, try not to make several at once. Choose small, reachable goals at first to establish the pattern or habit." — Peggy Moreland, R.N. ... Mayo Clinic newsletter

Drats and double drats ... my back is 'out'. It's been good for over a year and now it's not ... just in time for seasonal outdoor chores. Depressing!

Doing a count of fruits to veggies for my first report on Thursday Truth.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody.

Happy Income Tax Pay Day
    Apr 15. A day all Americans need to know—the day by which taxpayers are supposed to make their accounting of the previous year and pay their share of the cost of government.

This is the best day the world has ever seen; tomorrow will be better. ~R.A. Campbell

Tom
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I read every day, sometimes several times, but haven't been posting. I just haven't felt like I had much to post. Things are just going along pretty level. Yesterday DH had his semi-annual cancer follow-up with his urologist. It has been 4 years since he had a cancerous tumor removed from his kidney. He is still cancer free. Yay! We ate out and that was a bit dicey. When we got home, it was too late to walk, but I managed to pedal enough to balance out the day.
    We stopped by for a quick hug from Thom's kids. Miss Jane Kaye is nearly 15 months old already! She is talking a lot. I think she will take after her Daddy. He was really fluent by the time he was 2.
    The board has been quiet. I know some of you are really busy. @Karen good luck with your meetings. @ushkii heal quickly. @susan hang on. Good luck to everyone.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Hello All,
    @NK1112 - So sorry to hear about your back. Mine troubled me a couple of times a year until I decided to do the preventative 6 week program at my chiro. I have not had any issues since last summer.

@ushkii - The best thing I can say is to do everything the pt's and dr's tell you to do.

@skinnyjeanzbound - Good luck and I hope all goes smoothly.

@Morgori - Thanks for the bit about the laughter day, I did not know about that holiday and I am putting in my calendar.

@Lauriek70 - I am so very excited for you. Yippee!

@melifornia - Good luck on the writing assignment. You are so dedicated with your morning routine, I am thinking that one over to see if I can fit something in to help me deal with all this stress.

@Tanya949 - I am so happy about you getting to Onderland. Hope it happens soon.

AFM: STRESS!!!!
    Hubby has diverticulitis and is having an episode this week and off work for at least 3 days.
    Oldest son has a court hearing tomorrow. I will be going along.
    Work is crazy busy. At least 3 weeks behind right now and I am so distracted with home life that it is hard to concentrate at work.
    Sister is having such a great time with her grandson and I am finding it very hard to not be bitter about it. I know no one's life is a peach but mine seems to be getting to me.
    Weight is staying where it is. I know what I need to do to get the scale to move but am finding it difficult at the moment.

Good things in my life:
    Even with all the stress I have not gained any weight.
    I am cancer free for three years. (Colon cancer April 2012)
    I had enough money to pay my federal taxes today.
    My refund for the state taxes is enough to pay all my estimated state payments for this year.
    There is much in my life to be grateful for. I must try to concentrate on those things instead of the not so good things.

Love to all,
    Lori <3
  • Danad1121
    Options
    Hi I'm new here. Getting started again for real this time. For me and only me!
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Whew. . . I’m finally caught up with 350+ posts. Super long post as I wanted to reply to some of your posts. Happy Hump Day!!! Well, this week is just slammed. With the e-mails from being away and some new projects on my plate, I’m barely keeping my head above water. BUT, I’m loving my new job and I’ve already been here 4 months. Can you believe it??!!

Vacation was exactly what I needed and total relaxation. We really didn’t do anything except beach, pool, and beach again. It was heaven. Siesta Key in Sarasota is my favorite and if I ever win the lottery I will have a place on the beach somewhere. Of course, you have to play to win so I guess that will never happen. LOL!! For me, the ocean is so mesmerizing. I can just sit there and watch it for hours in awe. Love, love, love it. As for the other journey, not so good, but one day I’ll be ready to stay focused.

Here's a few pictures of Cyrus. We brought my BF Shawna and her daughter Rylee. Shawna is the one who lost her husband to cancer in December. I’m trying to keep her spirits up so I thought a trip to the beach would do her good. Plus, it gave me company on the drive down and Cyrus company too. We had such a great time!!

vg4vq0nir3n8.jpg

rdx9j5d7apcd.jpg

euhvx0zwa8wl.jpg

@Laurie – Just saw your post from the 23rd. Congrats on the swim meet and beating all your seed times! You should be so proud of yourself. I know I am. I can’t believe your Tri is already here. I’m so super proud of you!!!

@Tlh0407 (Tracy) – I was so sorry to read about the senior from your church. What a horrific accident. I know it’s a blessing he’s alive, but he’s going to have a very long road ahead with recovery and accepting his new life. Thinking of him and his family during this extremely difficult time. Also, saw your post on seeing Joan Jett – love her!!! I’m a rocker at heart, but keep it hidden a bit. Also, saw your post on Jacob, our boys are like two peas in a pod. Cyrus has ADD and has been on medicine since the 3rd grade. It has helped, but as he gets older I’m also seeing the depression and anxiety, which is on his dad’s side. We did everything through his pediatrician and I never told the school he was on medication. Due to some of his recent behaviors, I also had a sit down with his M.S. teachers and talked directly with one of the counselors. We haven’t lost our boys yet to school, BUT nows the time we have to help them and get this figured out. Hugs my friend. I know your pain. I’m a few days late, but HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!

@Laurie/Kelley – The offer still stands for Atlanta. Come on down!!! We can start planning; discussing details and get it locked down. Plus, this can give me that push I need to start making some changes and start preparing for it. Also, I checked out the website and the event runs through Piedmont Park, which is such a beautiful park. I like the idea of making it annual in a different city. I would be totally game for that too. As long as I have plenty of time in advance to plan, I’m good to go!!!

@Skinny (Karen) – I’m so glad your friends moved back from Switzerland. Always great to reconnect. The Thai Chicken is my favorite at CPK. The half is plenty that’s for sure and so yummy! Chuckling at your Size 2 comment also – very fun!! Keeping my fingers crossed the agreement gets approved. I know you guys have put a lot of effort to do things right. Good for you!

@Angelika – So sorry to read about your son and his accidents. Yikes! Luckily, Cyrus has been somewhat accident free – thank goodness!!!

@Morgori (Tom) – I just saw National Waffle Day on 3/25. Cyrus would be stoked. One of his first places to visit when we returned to Atlanta was the Waffle House. Oh brother.

@Cblue (Lori) – 188#’s? So stickin’ proud of you!!!!! You may not think you care I know you really do. Just maintain that number for now until some of your life stuff starts to balance. With your hubby back to work, this will help relieve some of the stress you’ve been holding down the fort. Hugs to both of you as parents with the trials and tribulations surrounding your son. I really hope he stays sober for his own future, but yours too. Also, just read post about your sister. I’m sorry for your family’s loss, but I bet we all have some of those same feelings with certain family members. I’m sure Karen would agree with her MIL.

@RobinsEgg (Ellen) – 12 lbs? You rock!!! I’m so proud of you. As for the car, yuck! I had dealing with car stuff. Luckily, my 15 year old Toyota 4 Runner is awesome! I just hit 200,000 miles last week. I took it in for a check-up and only $300 of maintenance and running like a charm. You deserve something newer and to keep you safe too. As single women or any woman for that matter, we cannot be stranded along the road somewhere. Saw your post about Pad Thai – one of my favorites, but eat sparingly. Love it though.

@Goinstd12 (Tracy) – Being a caregiver is so hard. Everyone is so concerned for the person who’s sick, but they forget the person taking care of them. My best friend took care of her husband during his stage 4 cancer. It completely drained her and I had to constantly remind her to take a break. Find a friend to sit with him while she gets away for an hour. It’s so important for your mental health too.

@RobinB – Great seeing you again! I’ve been on the downside for quite some time, but slowly pulling myself back out. Missed you too!

@MyMowMow (Kris) – You know I love when you sneak in. I can’t believe Mow Mow is 11 already. Where does the time go? You know you’re welcome anytime and thanks for checking up on me. You’re a doll!! Also, no more Doctor McHotty Pants – say it isn’t so??!!) I use to love when you chatted about him. I use to have the same anxiety about the dentist, but I’m so glad it went OK. Also, where in Florida is your family? Yes, yes, yes come south. I just left there last week back to Atlanta and go often. We can finally get together and meet!!! I’m a few days late, but HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!

@Tanya – I’m a bit behind, but how’s the fast food goal? How did you end up for the month? I know you were doing so well. I totally agree with your April goals about tracking EVERYTHING the good, bad and ugly.

@Kah68 (Kelley) – Blueberry Muffins don’t count because their a fruit. LOL!! Also, I saw your FitBit Charge HR shipped. Mine hasn’t. Poo!!! Perhaps mine will be soon since we ordered and backordered about the same time.

@Melifornia – While you may be in a little funk too, thank you. It helps me to know I’m not alone. I often think what is wrong with me, but it really helps to know others struggle too. I guess that’s why I’ve stuck with this thread. When you have a significant amount of weight to lose, you need to be surrounded by people who understand the ups AND downs. Hang in there!!

@MNWalkingqueen (Holly) – I was thinking about you and wondering how things were going. Thanks for checking in with us. One of my single mom friends lost her job 12/31 and just landed somewhere. It was getting close for her financially, but luckily a door opened. I know it will for you too!

@Goins – Very cool about your family on Family Feud. I live in Atlanta. I should see where the taping is and if there’s any tickets left. I can be your cheering section for them. My son would love it!!! Also, 2.8 lbs – yippee!!!

@Hansea – Thanks for the reminder on the measurements. I think the last time I took mine was like a year ago. Totally forget to check.

@Jennbo – 15 lbs away from 100? You go girl!!! So proud of you and can’t wait to get to know you even better. Thanks for joining our thread!

@Ushkii – Great seeing you again!!! You know you’re always welcomed back.

@Cassybaca – It will take time, but definitely check in daily. During the week, the thread moves a lot. They’re a chatty bunch for sure. Many have been together 3+ years so we’re really friends. They’re an amazing group so check in when you can. I’ve been following Paleo as well. Not 100%, but pretty close. I have a couple really good recipes if you’re interested.

@NK1112 – I was down about the same amount of posts. Slowly getting through them all. Missed you guys!

@Garysgirl – Sorry to hear about the twins ear infections. This is one thing I was so thankful never hit my son. He’s 12 now and almost 13, but has stayed fairly healthy. I count my blessings every day for a healthy child.

@Annr – I can totally relate about closing down the kitchen. Late night snacking has always been my Achilles heel.

@GrandmaKaye – I’m so glad to read DH is still cancer free. Always wonderful news.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    While I read through the posts, I still cringe when I misspell or don't use the proper word. I swear I have a learning disability of some kind that was never corrected. At least I got personals done - right??!! :)
  • humbleheart
    humbleheart Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am happy (and a bit embarassed) to say "here I am again". I have been so lax with MFP for a while......I come back a while and poof I get lazy. I love this thread..... so many inspiring people here! I do take time to read posts, but if I don't comment back to you, please forgive. I find the personals so hard to get in! If anyone here would like to be on my friends list, please request! I need some new people to keep me accountable! A lot of my friends haven't been on for a while so it is kind of lonely ! I am on a new plan from the dr. and so far it is working!
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @susan2396 -whew! Cyrus is only 12 going on 13!? He's so tall (or Rylee is tiny)! The taping is at 8 am on 5/20, don't know where yet. I'll be getting in to Atlanta on 5/19 and leaving on 5/20 afternoon. Maybe we can meet up at the studio!
    @Morgori - thanks for the Tax day post- today is always non-stop incoming phone calls for me, by 9:00 pm I'll be hoarse from talking to taxpayers! Thank God for electronic filing, remember the long lines at the post office up to midnight on Apr 15th? @cblue315, glad you were able to get it done, nobody likes owing taxes, I've been there and the stress & anxiety even for a comparatively small amount is incredible!
    AFM - yesterday I didn't get to walk at all, phones were nonstop and I just didn't have time, maybe tonight I'll get to get away for a bit. Food's been good, I find getting away from the desk & walking actually curbs my appetite so I don't snack all night like I used to. Since my day starts at around 10 am and goes 'til about 4 am I don't have much choice about eating late at night, but I'm going to add a light workout just before bed to try to offset that. hubs is adapting well and stress is down on that front. Will weigh tomorrow to see weekly results.