Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Went to log my supper and MFP is acting screwy. Wonder if it's doing that to anyone else? ...
    In case I can't log it ... here's what dinner was ...
    Baked chicken drumsticks ... small ... meat from 3
    boiled potato ... white ... medium
    boiled onion ... white ... small
    chicken broth ... home made, no salt ... 1 1/2 cups
    Dole canned pineapple ... crushed, in pineapple juice ... 1 cup

That does me for today. No more food allowed until the morrow morning.

I love seeing all these tickers on here ... it is motivating to see where we are in our goals.
    Follow Through - Niki
    Do It NOW
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I haven't been here much, but have been reading your posts. I posted a blog today, my first and maybe my last, here it is:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/GOINSTD12/view/where-do-i-go-from-here-745246

It's "friends only" so send me a friend request and I'll add you, if you want to read it and respond.
    Tracy
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    sighes.....well I blew it today as well. Not in calories, but in content... I WAS going to have a chicken tender, pasta and some sauce and a granola bar for evening snack BUT I was watching Ghost Hunters show and had 4 of my granola bars instead... Bad me. No dinner for me. Drinking coffee, and water.
  • GOINSTD12
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Oh @annr - well, you know what you have to do.... go do some walking or something and then go to bed early! Ha ha.

Seriously folks, send me friend requests, so you can go read my blog.
    Or I could just paste it here.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I also miss the tickers--wish they still showed up automatically in the signature.

@annr-- I had a similar afternoon. Was planning roast beef and sweet potato for dinner, but kept eating snacks at meeting, so had to ditch the sweet potato for a salad. I'm so glad it was our last board meeting for the year.

@kris (mow)-- I have no idea what Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing even means, so probably won't be much help. It has to do with engineering, no? Could you google "engineering projects for kids"?

@gena-- that's a great start to the running! It's exactly what I did when I started 4 years ago using the "couch to 5 k" schedule. PS--real runners never call it "jogging"--it's a dirty word. ;) Seriously though, there's absolutely no difference in the movements, so the only difference is in your head. Some people try to distinguish the terms based on speed, but that also doesn't work. My "run" of 6 mph would be a "jog" for my 6'2" friend who runs marathons, while my "jog" at 4.5 mph would be a "run" for someone with a much shorter gait. My advice is to get in the runner mindset and just always call it "running."

@laurie-- glad to hear your dad is doing better.

@lori-- thanks so much! I'm often envious of you and laurie with your triathlons. However, I've never been much of a swimmer. Even at my old gym that had a pool, I never used it b/c it always seemed like a workout in the pool takes so much more time. Also, I don't want to commit the money to a good bike, especially since we don't have a garage to store it. As much as I love running, I often feel like it's taking me forever to increase my pace, so I appreciate anyone calling me fast. :smiley:

@tanya-- that's awesome that you found that bin of clothes for summer!! Yay!

@melissa-- Haha, I just went through my closet to figure out my outfit for the concert. I can't go too rad b/c I'll be leaving straight from work, so it has to be school appropriate, but figured it out tonight. I have a pair of pedal-pusher length, black skinny jeans I bought a few weeks ago. Wasn't sure about them, but they were on clearance at Banana Republic outlet for only $12 so I bought them. I'll pair them with an off-white silky tank and sparkly off-white top-siders, along with a lightweight black sweater. This should work with our weird in-between weather as well. Oh, and I'm envious of your weight training. I sooo miss being able to lift. When I meet with the ortho on Tuesday, I'm telling him that whatever we do to treat my shoulder injury, it is imperative I get back to lifting. Batwings. Sigh.

@kaye-- lovely that plans are going forward for your anniversary party. When is it again?

@kelley-- glad you fared well with those storms. I saw the tornadoes on the news and thought of you.

@tom-- I think I've been celebrating "Eat what you want day" a bit too often lately. :blush:

Sorry if I missed a few people and welcome to the newlings!

Tuesday Goals:
    My immediate goal is to finish the Yeats reflections by weeks end and to get a few more JRPs done before the weekend hits.

May Challenge:
    Nutrition = At or over 90 grams of protein 5/7 days a week
    Week 1: At/over 90g of protein 1/7
    Week 2: At/over 90g of protein 3/7
    Week 3: At/over 90g of protein x/7
    Week 4: At/over 90g of protein x/7

Exercise = run 3 x/week:
    Week 1: 1/3 runs
    Week 2: 1/3 runs
    Week 3: x/3 runs
    Week 4: x/3 runs

Next 8k is May 9th (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15, 3/29 = 59:15; 5/9 = 59:16)

Grading Goals:
    1. 64/64 AP essays DONE
    2. 16/16 AP analysis activities DONE
    4. 8/60 JRPs
    5. x/60 Hemingway analyses
    6. 5/64 Yeats reflections

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--rest day
    Mon--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Tues--meeting
    Wed--walk gunner + gym
    Thurs--rest day
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner + gym

2015 Mantra = Just 15 minutes
  • GOINSTD12
    edited May 2015
    Options
    tried to add my ticker to my forum posts, don't know if it worked. I'm going to walk over and work out at my gym for a few minutes, hopefully it will help with my stress. If I don't get rained on on the way over.
    Edited - well no rain but didn't get to go work out either, I have a meeting in just 15 minutes so I will have to go after.
    Tracy
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Good morning all,
    I need a boost this morning and this thread fits nicely.

First a bit of a rant. I have a cold, I do not like having this cold. No one likes having a cold. sniffles, fever etc. You all know this cold.
    I have to install some blinds this morning, I will bring the cold with me. I wish I could leave it at home but alas this cold has separation anxiety and will not stay home. I will work hard at staying on the ladder with the cold by my side the whole time.
    I will have to work in the store today, with my sister and the cold. My sister is still being snippy and a bit short tempered. Her son leaves for college on Monday. She is very distracted. She has several things going on in her life and her becoming an empty nester is going to drive me to distraction soon. She and I will have a great time with the cold today as my sister is also a germaphobe. Whe will follow me around with the bottle of sanitizer. The cold will not care.
    Then this afternoon I have an appointment with a customer who is not sure of what she wants. I can deal with that. What makes it difficult for me is if people do not know what they do not like. I know this sounds strange but. If you know what you do not want in your home I will find things you do like. I am very good at my job. But the cold will be there with me making my brain foggy and reminding me of how nice it would be to lay on the couch, watch a movie and sip tea.
    Thank you all for listening once again to me ranting. I am so very fortunate to have you all in my life.

Now to take with me today:
    I am grateful to have one hilarious cat who is never too tired or busy to play with me.
    A body that is willing to fight this cold and will not let me down unless I push too hard.
    I have a job which I like and am good at.
    A sister who is always willing to work very hard.

Discipline is doing what needs to be done even though you don't want to.

Today I will go to work and I will do what needs to be done.

Love to all,
    Lori <3

I wish for a clear mind and hot tea.
  • Gena_Beana
    Gena_Beana Posts: 66 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)

What do I wish?

Well, I fervently wish that I had not let myself go for so many years, as now I consider the damage I've done to my body & after I lose the weight I worry about how the "loose skin" might appear. I might get lucky & it won't be so bad.

I wish I could wave a magic wand and all of my meals would be prepped for me.

I wish I could do proper squats & lunges (knee pain).

I wish I could stop replaying all of the terrible abuse the ex put me through; can't seem to stop replaying in my mind the psychological abuse he dolled out and all the degrading and disrespectful things he did and said to me. It's been 2 years and 3 months, you'd think I would be able to get past this by now.

I wish I had more time for my toddler, it always seems like there is just not enough time in the day & by the time I work a full-time job, go work out, come home, cook dinner, clean up & give a bath, there is just not enough time to cuddle and play. Good thing I have the weekends off!!
  • NK1112
    Options
    Wednesday Wish ... that I found a way to afford the expenses of new siding and doors for my house as well as repair to the sewer drain tiles as well as new flooring in the house as well as correcting the grading around the house and renewed landscaping as well as a small remodel in the utility room and kitchen as well as ... as well as ...
    Seriously Niki ... maybe it's time to stop dreaming and just go for a walk?

Lori ... your rant shows that your cold has not affected your sense of humor! Could it possibly be allergies instead... wishful thinking on my part ... as allergies are easier to treat than a cold.

Goinsdt ... would love to read your blog because I am curious about it, sorry though ... I remain friendless on MFP because I use my homepage as a diary.

No time for more personals today, have a car repair appointment in 30 minutes. I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday and welcome to all the new/returing posters.

Follow-through ... Niki
  • jorinya
    jorinya Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wishes:

Hi everyone, hope your having a wonderful day.
    I wish that my 13 year old son would just grow up and stop being so playful. He doesn't know the harm he is doing to his life. His dad is paying a whole lot of money on private school fees and it feels like it is money down the drain. He was football crazy (soccer) and did football after school and also did drama. He is a fantastic actor. Now, he doesn't do anything after school cos he said we don't want him to play. I meant he should do his homework and don't go outside after school. I don't know what his problem is at all. I wish I did but I have never met his type of person before. He has no respect for anyone and he doesn't listen at all. When you take something away from him or punish him, the next day he will still act the same.
    Since the day he was born he caused trouble.I had a c-section and about 8 hours after he was born I got up out of bed and changed his nappy, dressed him and sat beside him. He started crying very loud that the midwifes far down the hall came running and asked me what I did to him why did I hurt him? What!!! Thank God the lady in the opposite bed saw all and told them he started crying for no reason. He suffered from colic and where we lived at that time was a one bed flat in a small apartment block. One day he was crying so much, I picked the phone and called my mum. My husband was away at sea. Next thing I knew there was a knock on my door and "open up it's the police". What!!! I opened the door and the police officer told he he received a call telling him I was killing my baby. Again what!!!!! When he saw me trying to wind my son he took him in his arms and winded him. After a few seconds he got his wind up. Apparently the upstair neighbour, who doesn't like babies called them.
    I'm at my wits end with this boy. Really thinking of handing him over to his grandparents and washing my hands. He's not preforming well at school or at home. I can't take it anymore. I'm ashamed of him. I can't bring him anywhere cos he starts rapping out loud and irritating everyone around him.
    I wish he would just let me be happy. I wish he could set an example for his junior siblings. I wish ...... I wish he would just grow up!!
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy Leprechaun Day!
    Leprechaun Day is a dedicated to the little elves of Ireland. Saint Patrick's day is a huge day in March that celebrates Irish pride and everything about Ireland. But, tiny Leprechauns with their precious, hidden pot of gold, deserve their own day reserved just for them.
    According to Irish legend, or folklore, Leprechauns have a hidden pot of gold. If you catch a Leprechaun, he must give you his pot of gold.
    On Leprechaun Day, we suggest you take a few minutes to admire your own "pot of gold". Or, do something to grow or increase the size of your own pot of gold. Short of these two activities, we suggest you go out and try to catch a Leprechaun!

If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

11857432.png

Tom
  • Gena_Beana
    Gena_Beana Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    jorinya wrote: »
    Wednesday wishes:

I wish that my 13 year old son would just grow up and stop being so playful. He doesn't know the harm he is doing to his life. His dad is paying a whole lot of money on private school fees and it feels like it is money down the drain. He was football crazy (soccer) and did football after school and also did drama. He is a fantastic actor. Now, he doesn't do anything after school cos he said we don't want him to play. I meant he should do his homework and don't go outside after school. I don't know what his problem is at all. I wish I did but I have never met his type of person before. He has no respect for anyone and he doesn't listen at all. When you take something away from him or punish him, the next day he will still act the same.
    Since the day he was born he caused trouble.I had a c-section and about 8 hours after he was born I got up out of bed and changed his nappy, dressed him and sat beside him. He started crying very loud that the midwifes far down the hall came running and asked me what I did to him why did I hurt him? What!!! Thank God the lady in the opposite bed saw all and told them he started crying for no reason. He suffered from colic and where we lived at that time was a one bed flat in a small apartment block. One day he was crying so much, I picked the phone and called my mum. My husband was away at sea. Next thing I knew there was a knock on my door and "open up it's the police". What!!! I opened the door and the police officer told he he received a call telling him I was killing my baby. Again what!!!!! When he saw me trying to wind my son he took him in his arms and winded him. After a few seconds he got his wind up. Apparently the upstair neighbour, who doesn't like babies called them.
    I'm at my wits end with this boy. Really thinking of handing him over to his grandparents and washing my hands. He's not preforming well at school or at home. I can't take it anymore. I'm ashamed of him. I can't bring him anywhere cos he starts rapping out loud and irritating everyone around him.
    I wish he would just let me be happy. I wish he could set an example for his junior siblings. I wish ...... I wish he would just grow up!!

A big hug to you. I've been where you are; only it was my daughter when she was 12. Thankfully, we survived and she's 22 now & of course she tells me now that she's sorry for the way she used to be. Have you gotten him into any sort of counseling? She was diagnosed with a few disorders (won't state what they are for privacy reasons), but that really helped us define what was going on. Best wishes for you & your son :)

• NK1112
    Options
    Gena_Beana wrote: »
    jorinya wrote: »
    Wednesday wishes:

A big hug to you. I've been where you are; only it was my daughter when she was 12. Thankfully, we survived and she's 22 now & of course she tells me now that she's sorry for the way she used to be. Have you gotten him into any sort of counseling? She was diagnosed with a few disorders (won't state what they are for privacy reasons), but that really helped us define what was going on. Best wishes for you & your son :)

Ditto ... best wishes.

I'm starting to think it's food related because so many kids I know or have heard about act the same way as you describe. Processed food, lots of hidden sugars in our food, food that is grown in pesticide and herbicide loaded land ...

I made an appointment with a Memory Clinic today for next Monday ... I had it with my memory issues when I could only remember 3 of the 6 numbers on my odemeter 30 seconds after writing them down for the car repair place.

So I am changing my Wednesday Wish ... or adding to it .... that my health will be found to be good from both the biopsy that was taken last week from my chest, and from the tests I will undergo for my memory in the coming weeks. Good health is much more important than siding or ladscaping or a more efficient kitchen/laundry ... any day!

Thankful again,
    Niki ... girl, you just have got to Follow-Through!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Good morning. I'm afraid that I really abused the idea of 'eat anything you want, but it's a new day.
    This morning is my podiatry appointment so wishing for a quick solution to the problem.
    @Karen Good luck with finishing up on school. The anniversary is June, the party June 20. Amy is going to take pictures on Sunday for an invitation. I'll have to post it.
    @jorinya I strongly suggest some professional help for your son. There a number of things that could be going on.
    Sorry I'm not better at personals. I really am daily inspired by all of you. I miss the tickers, too. Maybe we should all complain to the site administrators.
    It's time for me get ready to leave for my appointment. Have a good day.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Had a heavy weekend food wise, but not really bad. This is why I changed my weight date till Friday. Usually I eat well during the week and have a more adventurous weekend.
    After my knee scope my knee is great but the thigh was sore for a while now it is my calf is really tight. I have strained it a couple times and then it really hurts and I can’t walk for a while.
    Weeded my garden and things are growing! I am excited to have cucumbers and cherry tomatoes right outside.
  • jorinya
    Options
    Morgori wrote: »
    Good morning everyone.

Happy Leprechaun Day!
    Leprechaun Day is a dedicated to the little elves of Ireland. Saint Patrick's day is a huge day in March that celebrates Irish pride and everything about Ireland. But, tiny Leprechauns with their precious, hidden pot of gold, deserve their own day reserved just for them.
    According to Irish legend, or folklore, Leprechauns have a hidden pot of gold. If you catch a Leprechaun, he must give you his pot of gold.
    On Leprechaun Day, we suggest you take a few minutes to admire your own "pot of gold". Or, do something to grow or increase the size of your own pot of gold. Short of these two activities, we suggest you go out and try to catch a Leprechaun!

If you want to be happy, be. ~Leo Tolstoy

11857432.png

Tom
    @Morgori, I never knew today was Leprechaun Day and I'm from the land of the Little People (Leprechauns). Wow, you learn something new every day.

Three wishes I'll grant ye, great wishes an' small! But you wish a fourth and you'll lose them all! - King Brian, King of the Little People.

@Gena_Beana thank you for sharing I know we can get through this with God help.
  • egyptianwaterlily
    egyptianwaterlily Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Lori, Niki, Kaye, Ushkii~ I'll be praying that all your health issues get cleared up soon and any tests that are done have good results! Also will keep you and your son in there too Gena!
    Tom~ I like the fun day theme! I have never caught a leprechaun, but I have captured a few four-leaf clovers!

My wish for today would be that I can get the house caught up. I just finished a bit of a push to get some of my college stuff finished up and the house is suffering for it (and my family with it >.<). And maybe a secondary wish would be that I can find more healthy meals that my DH will eat. His family did a lot of the sticks-to-your-ribs home cooking and also the quick meal in a box or can type stuff...none of it very healthy so makes it hard to find healthy alternatives. Good luck to you all in reaching your goals today!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Hello friends! My Wednesday wish was hoping to have a loss at my TOPS meeting, but I was 1/4 lb up. I had lost 3.25 last week so I shouldn't be too surprised that I gained a little bit. In the scheme of things I am still ahead of the game of losing a lb a week.

@jorinya sorry about the stresses of your young teenager. I have raised 3 sons and know how difficult it can be. I am still in raising mode with the youngest, but he is 16 now. The other older sons are 20 and 25. It is so tricky with boys, because when you are trying to teach them a lesson or tell them something they take it so personally. When they were younger I remember telling them plain and to the point, "Your job is to be a student...just like my job is to be the parent". There isn't a choice in the matter. We also have an online "school loop" site where we can see how he is doing turning in homework, what is being assigned etc. He really has no escape in flaking off an assignment, because we ask him about it, and tell him when things are due. Hey it takes a village to raise children so we are just doing are part. Maybe writing all the things you expect of him...have him sign it, like a contract. Things like attending school, being respectful to your mother, take out the garbage when you ask him to. That sort of stuff. Talk to him about what your contract should say. It's only fair for you to have one too. Sons think really literally. Bringing up how he acted as a baby really isn't fair to him, that happened 13 yrs ago, and he has no control about those things he did, and how he made you feel. I remember telling one he was a mirror for the others. That bullying his younger sibling was teaching that younger sibling to do it to others. I also remember getting into the older sons face so he would understand bullying. I asked him how he felt... It was one of those intense learning moments, and he said in a startled voice, "Its not fun". So its really all about respect. He needs to respect himself to respect his world (school, you, his siblings). So you put him in control of that. Does he like watching TV, playing computer games, his toys, his bike? These are all priviledges he has, and they need to be earned like respect. I remember taking away toys all the time.... It took a good day at school to get them back. Thats where having the teacher onboard with that. Stick to your plan. Its called tough love for a reason. ((hugs))
  • jorinya
    Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions. I will bear them in mind. My biggest wish is to be a stronger, healthier more active mother, wife and woman. Its a long road but there is no turning back now!!
  • GOINSTD12
    Options
    Well, so many people were unable to see my blog from yesterday so I am sharing it here.

Where do I go from here?
    Hi, this is my first blog, and may be my last, who knows. I'm not the kind of person that blabs my stuff all over the internet, but MFP feels like a safe place to express what I'm feeling. And I need to talk this out, so here goes.

Who Am I?

Well, I'm Tracy. I live in the Austin TX area and I'm going to be 55 this year. Last year, I went through breast cancer treatment. I had a lumpectomy on my left breast and 10 lymph nodes removed, only 1 of which was cancerous. I had 16 rounds of chemotherapy and 33 radiation sessions. I lost all my body hair (most of which I didn't miss a bit!). My last radiation session was on October 27th, 2014. I am now cancer free, but have to take Arimedex for the next 5 years to make sure it stays beat. I also have diabetes, am still at least 80 lbs overweight, and have sleep apnea. I have a wonderful husband who stayed by my side during the whole thing, and a sister that did everything she could to help and support me during all my treatments. I have a brother and 2 sisters, a son and 2 grandchildren, in-laws I love, and a lot of great friends. And I am scared.

Why?

My husband and I met when I was 16 years old and he was 30. He was a gorgeous hunk of man, he was! Active in martial arts, a military man, from exotic New York (I did say I was a Texas girl, didn't I?) and different from anyone I had ever dated. He took me to my senior prom (at a high school where I was an outsider - he did a great job of helping me thumb my nose at those that had ostracized me!). We married when I was 18. For 36 years, he has made me feel special, has cared for me and supported me and loved me. He has always been my rock. He built furniture and rebuilt our house when it flooded, and always knew how to fix anything (even if it did take 10 times longer than anyone else would take!).

In 1980 right after we married, he had a motorcycle accident that left him permanently disabled but never stopped him from doing what he wanted to do. Despite his disability, he's repaired roofs, cut down trees, landscaped, worked on cars, and done just about everything. Sure, it stopped him from participating in stuff like martial arts, got him discharged from the military, but he's always been capable of so much. But in 2009 he was diagnosed with COPD. Well, OK, so it slowed him down some. It took longer to finish things. He became less active. He's been chronically underweight since the accident in 1980. and now it really shows.

Every year, his breathing has gotten worse. He's always been a picky eater, and he lost most of his teeth after the accident and now he doesn't have any, but he can't wear the dentures because they impede his breathing when he does. He's drinking supplements and trying the gain weight but it's not going well. In the last 2 months, he's had pneumonia and been hospitalized, and now he's using oxygen to breathe. He can't walk from one end of our tiny house to the other without stopping to catch his breath. He needs a wheelchair to get around anywhere. His bodily functions are not what they were.

I have become his nurse. I love him and I hate to see him reduced to this. We need to talk about the future, but I don't want to. Where we live now doesn't work anymore, but I believe we will need to go into debt in order to make our home saleable, so that we can move somewhere closer to town and necessary medical services. I still work full time, so he is alone during the time I'm away. Our son lives 45 minutes away, and we are 15 miles from the nearest hospital. We have no friends in the neighborhood. I don't want to give up our new home, but it is becoming clear that it's no longer practical for us to live here. But talking to him about these things..... well, he is a proud man, and to admit that he can no longer live this way will not be easy, for him or for me.

He is a veteran and has Medicare, so I know that services are available, but it is going to be difficult to transition to this .... nightmare. I want my husband back, but I know there is no going back from COPD. To top off the nightmare, I also have COPD, just not as advanced as his. So as I try to cope with the changes required to care for him, I am also looking at my own future.

My hands are shaking. I am afraid. But I will get through this. I am determined to get in the best shape I can now, lose the weight, and put off the debilitating effects of COPD and the myriad other problems I have for as long as possible. My husband needs me, and I need him. God help me.