Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• badnoodle
    badnoodle Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Today at work was the annual sign-ups for the "100 Miles, 100 Days" campaign, where teams in the different departments commit to walking at least 100 miles in 100 days. There are prizes for teams that exceed the goal, or have the highest average, etc. I was never willing to do it before, but this year, they are allowing some other aerobic exercises to count. I know that I can easily sustain 8+ miles a night on my stationary bike, so I put my name on the list.

This is the first time in my life I have ever volunteered for something fitness related. I'm actually really proud of myself.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Happy St. Patrick's Day!

qlcx6j1eiejq.png
  • MamaDS16
    MamaDS16 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    HELLO - Happy to have found this thread. I have 137 lbs to go in order to reach my goal weight. Today's truth is that I'm mad at myself for letting my health go for so many years!!! I've been doing a Medical Weight management program for 5 weeks tomorrow and I'm bored and frustrated with it. :( So.... I'm joining this discussion to hopefully get some motivation! My daugther is worth the pain (yes true heartbroken pain when I have work meetings that I have to watch others enjoy the foods that I love but can't have).
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Good Morning.

@Karen ~So glad you enjoyed your day off and were able to relax. When is Spring Break for you? Some schools here were out last week and others this week.

@Karen & Laurie~I was really hoping to be completely recovered to join you for the Shamrock Shuffle in Chicago, I’m sad it didn’t happen that way. Being a hub for SW Airlines I can fly there easily, so asked my PT last week about walking it and he said no way. :frowning: Is Susan joining you? She hasn't posted here in a long while, but I know she's moving to a new house soon.

@badnoodle ~Good for you for stepping out of your comfort zone, you should be proud of yourself. You’ll definitely reach that goal for the challenge on a bike!

AFM~Not much to report. Physical therapist really changed up my exercises/weights on Tuesday, thought for sure I was going to wake up with a Charlie Horse in one, if not both, calves Tuesday night but did not. So that’s good news—I’m also out of the boot about half of the day at work. So making progress. My a/c is fixed—sure was a pricey repair though. :anguished: I still have some drywall laying on some duct work in the attic that I need to have someone take care of—oy, they joy of home ownership! :confounded: Haven’t been able to bike at all yet this week due to a/c repair and had some other errands to take care of, hope I can tomorrow (PT tonight).

March Challenge:
    Continue with PT
    Bike Outdoors or at gym
    Veggies

March Goals:
    PT: 5/10
    Bike: 3/10
    Veggies: 16/31
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    badnoodle wrote: »
    Today at work was the annual sign-ups for the "100 Miles, 100 Days" campaign, where teams in the different departments commit to walking at least 100 miles in 100 days. There are prizes for teams that exceed the goal, or have the highest average, etc. I was never willing to do it before, but this year, they are allowing some other aerobic exercises to count. I know that I can easily sustain 8+ miles a night on my stationary bike, so I put my name on the list.

This is the first time in my life I have ever volunteered for something fitness related. I'm actually really proud of myself.

I'll bet if you had buddied up with some coworkers you could do the walking with them during/around work hours and get in those 7 miles per week you'd need in 5 days of work to get your hundred miles in 100 days.

When I was still working, several of us walked during our breaks and lunches ... and we got in over a mile each day by walking for 10 - 15 minutes at a time. I actually lost weight about 26 pounds over the spring - autumn months because of it.
  • ehmadore
    ehmadore Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have a little under 100 to lose but I'm so addicted to food. It runs my life. Looking for buddies if you want to add :D.
  • badnoodle
    Options
    Nikion901 wrote: »
    I'll bet if you had buddied up with some coworkers you could do the walking with them during/around work hours and get in those 7 miles per week you'd need in 5 days of work to get your hundred miles in 100 days.

You'd be right except that this program starts in April and runs into July. I teach at a University on a 9 month contract, so I won't come in to the office except a few times between when school is over in May and when it starts up again in August. That, and the highly irregular schedules everyone has aren't really conducive to group exercise.
    The organizers tried the "walk with your coworkers" thing a few years ago, and it was an utter disaster. It's much easier for everyone to report their own progress, and if some of it happens to be done together, so much the better.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Happy St. Patrick's Day, Sláinte!!!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Happy St. Patrick's Day.
    @Karen I'm sorry about your friend.

I'm still lurking here and trying to find my motivation to do better. You all inspire me. I'm posting a couple of pictures of the new bathroom. We are using it, but still have some finish work to do. I sure hope that doesn't take too long.
    Have a great day.

Onward and downward. Kaye

ic2vy5rp60y8.jpg
    6untvu26lvt8.jpg
  • SHALLON1979
    SHALLON1979 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Weighed in yesterday, lost 6.6 lbs in 8 days. Yay. Almost 12 lbs in just over 2 weeks. Working hard and it is paying off.
  • mountmary84
    mountmary84 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    @Nikion901 Have a wonderful birthday today!
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Okay so I know everything I am supposed to do for this whole weight loss thing. I am killling it on the exercise but dying on the food. My hubby and I have been going through some stuff. Nothing we wont get worked out but it is kicking up old binging habits. I start every day with the best of intentions but if one little thing goes wrong I start eating and dont stop till I go to bed. Well no more. As I said hubby and I are already working things out and I refuse to let my emotions control me this way anymore. My new mantra is "I am the master of what goes into my mouth." That means I make the conscious decision when I eat and not anything or anybody else. Okay just had to vent alittle. On the upside like I said I am killing it on the exercise front. I got the times messed up on the class I intended to take today so did a treadmill workout I have done before instead. This workout used to kick my butt and today took 35 min into a 45 min workout to get my heartrate over 130. Yay me. I have started trying to get this dog walking service off the ground. Started posting flyers this week and did a face book post about it. If anyone has any neat ideas on ways for me to get the word out they would be greatly appreciated. Well got to go recipie hunting. Am going to try and make beef gyros for dinner. Have a great day all :):)
  • MamaDS16
    MamaDS16 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Weighed in yesterday, lost 6.6 lbs in 8 days. Yay. Almost 12 lbs in just over 2 weeks. Working hard and it is paying off.

Congrats!!!! That's awesome!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Kelley, I am sorry that you won't be able to join us in Chicago. Susan is not meet us either, work has been very busy for her and she can not get away. Glad to know you are out of the boot for part of the time. You are talking about heat, and I am looking at a snowy weekend on Sunday into Monday. Crazy weather we are having and doing starts This Weekend.

Karen- I am using this run as a training run since it came up very quickly. It won't be a race pace just a slow, easy run. I also need to get back to running longer distances. I also remember Heidi and it would be great to see her as well. Do you know if Brian will be coming as well?

I am doing so much better now compared to the weekend. My mood has changed, work productivity is up and my desire to exercise has increased again. Overall, it feels great to be doing better.

One more day until Sping Break so excited.

• jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Made the gyros and they were amazing. Found a recipie for a greek spice blend that made the meat so good. And I logged out under calories for the day. YAY
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laurie-- I thought you might remember Heidi. I'm not sure if she's doing the Shuffle; I will ask her when I see her this weekend. I talked to Brian about a week ago and he didn't think he would do the Shuffle, but I invited him to meet up with us at some point over the weekend. Maybe for dinner Friday night since he works in the Loop. You had asked about the weather. It's hard to say for sure this far in advance, but right now the projection is mid-50s. Of course, a couple of days ago the forecast for this Saturday was also mid-50s and today they are saying a high of 38, so no idea really. Chicago springs are fickle. I'll keep you posted as we get nearer.

@tammy-- glad the gyros turned out good. I am sucking at nutrition as well right now.

@niki-- Happy birthday!!!

@shallon-- great job on the loss!!

@kaye-- thank you. The bathroom looks really nice and that must be your adorable grand in the picture?

@tom-- Happy St. Patrick's Day to you as well. Love the picture!

@badnoodle-- what do you teach? Perhaps you've shared it before and I missed it.

@kelley-- Sorry you can't join us, but maybe on a future trip. Yes, as laurie mentioned Susan couldn't get away due to work and the move. My last day is next Thursday; then, I am off for Good Friday and the week following Easter.

Welcome to the new folks!

Thursday Truth:
    As I mentioned above to tammy, I am still making terrible food choices. Today a colleague brought snacks for the holiday and I gave in to a few nibbles. Then went out for a couple of beers with friends and had irish fare to celebrate the holiday. My only saving grace is the exercise. I was pretty proud of myself today b/c I went to the gym when I got home, but I need to do that more than twice a week if I want to see progress.

Grading Goals:
    1. 20/59 JRP outlines
    2. x/41 AP essays
    3. 15/41 Wuthering Hts journals

Fitness Goals for the month of March:
    I will run 3x/week and at least 1 5k/week
    Week 1 = 3/3 runs, 2/2 5k; Week 2 = 1/3 runs, x/2 5k; Week 3 = 1/3 runs, 1/2 5k; Week 4 = x/3 runs, x/2 5k
    I will run a 5k start to finish twice with no walking breaks: 1/2
    I will run an 8k three times: 1/3

Stretch legs after each run = 5/5

You vs Year Challenge:
    108k done/ 892k to go

Exercise Goals:
    Tues-- walk gunner DONE
    Wed-- rest day
    Thurs-- walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Fri-- walk gunner
    Sat-- walk gunner+ run 5k
    Sun-- walk gunner
    Mon-- walk gunner + gym
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    @Tammy & @Karen I'm right with you. I'm trying unsuccessfully to outrun my fork. I know better!

@Karen Thanks. We are loving the bathroom. Yes, that is our Anya. I'm going to have to keep an eye on her because she can turn the water on in there way too easily. Because I am so short, stools are readily available to her.
  • Gioeyebrow
    Gioeyebrow Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Are you guys exited for when we lose the 100 how much sexyer were gonna look than most people im waiting on that
  • Eleana14
    Eleana14 Posts: 29 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Hi,
    I lost about 85 pounds when I first joined MFP, and have kept off about 55 of them, after lots of changes in my life during the past two years. I am now finally ready to stop the weight creeping back on, and get rid of alot more. I am currently about 120 pounds overweight, so let the games begin! :smiley:
    In order to stay on track, I hope it's ok for me to post here every day, and I will do my best to read and comment and support everybody else.
    PS: It will take more time than what I've got right now to get through the 792 pages of comments, but rest assured, I will eventually!
    Eleana
  • badnoodle
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbound , I teach forensic science and decomposition ecology. Actually, that's one small reason I'm trying to lose some weight. The last time I demonstrated how to wear the full set of bloodstain/ biohazard protective gear, I ripped right through the seams on our largest size suit. That was an embarrassing class.