Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• mrsbonnie72
    Options
    My MowMow-Hope your kitty is feeling better soon. It stinks when a pet gets sick because they cannot tell us whats wrong.
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, :happy:

All who are in the path of Sandy keep safe -- you are in my prayers.
    @Laurie keep safe
    @MyMOwMOw hope your Kitty gets better soon,
    @Robin-- Sorry about your car they can be expensive things.
    @Morgori-- Hope you feel better soon.
    @Skinny--sorry you are feeling overwelm by work. Hope you get caught up soon.
    @Christine-- I have been guilty as charge of self destructing I think this 3 weeks i have only lost 1.5 lbs grateful for it but its like I am pushing the limits I know I want to be thinner and Healthier yet as I do the things for me I get scared , (at least I do) or something anyway at least we have each other and can support one another. Its never too late to get back on track.

@alision Congrats on the 20 min race you are doing great!
    @Lin -- I have had that ring flying off finger too. I need to get my ring resize but waiting a bit.

I didn't really try the carb thing in October. But I think I will throw my hat in and give it a try in November.
    fitness goal is too keep walking.
    tomorrow is Volunteer day at work which means lots of walking so its helpful.

Well sure I am missing some others sorry about that. Wishing everyone well. Hope you have a good evening.:flowerforyou:

Liz
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of the continued carb awareness.
    The other.... maybe something Thanksgivingy? Like.... try to eat less than 5000 calories on Thanksgiving Day? :wink: :laugh:

I think I can easily agree to either of those! :laugh:
  • Sherrielsb
    Sherrielsb Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I totally love the idea of continuing the CARB challenge, I would need to also keep track of the sugars for myself. What with all the goodies that are going to be hanging out nearly everywhere we turn. First week sounds like a good time to measure as well.

Monday check in, its late and I'm tired but the bag fo Halloween candy I bought Friday is still in the sunroom and unopened! This is a huge big deal for me, especially since I bought the good stuff.

Way past my bedtime and i have had to retype this a couple times sinc eI am nodding off on the keyboard. Hope everyone had a good weekend and those along the eastern coast stay well, healthy, safe and dry!
  • AngelikaLumiere
    AngelikaLumiere Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-In: My weight is about the same as a week ago I woke up today without a sore throat for the second day in a row. Which is a big deal, for the last five weeks I have woken up with a sore throat and no energy. I actually got a long walk with my main squeeze:heart: yesterday. so I am looking forward to more progress with my health. I hope all you east coasters are safe and your power is still on. You are in my prayers.
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the congrats on the 20 mins! I was really sore last night but I feel fine today.

@Kris -- aren't moms wonderful? Hope you manage to make ends meet with the vets' bills, and keep eating healthily; and all the best to your kitty.
    @Tina -- actually, great times are worth having, even if we have to find a way to make up for them later. Running's amazing; even after these few weeks, I sort of miss it on non-running days. I don't always like it *when I'm doing it* though.
    @Tom -- we're all rooting for you on the smoking. You can do this thing. Red lentils are a staple of my diet because they're the quickest dried pulse to cook. Apart from tinned beans that is; I use those too.
    @Lmackbethi -- congrats on the SV -- I hate it when our scales start to get unreliable. They're best when they stay in exactly the same place.
    @Mrsbonnie -- congrats on the SV; but get that tape measure! You'll be needing it to work out what size skinny clothes you need.
    @Robin -- sorry about the car bills. They just get so expensive when they get older, don't they? But buying a new one is even harder.
    @Tammy -- if you need to stop after ten minutes that's completely fine! You can do one of two things to build on that -- either try to do ten minutes, have a break, and then do a bit more, or do eleven minutes next time. The important thing is that you just stretch yourself a little each time you exercise. Although I'm doing a couch to 5k plan, I didn't start quite from the couch because I'd been doing 30 minutes a day exercise since the summer. And before that I was working so had a tube commute with walking and lots of steps in it. My personal view is that if you're vomitting it's probably time to stop for a rest; I'm not a big fan of 'no pain no gain'.

Monthly goals -- I'm happy to keep measuring monthly -- it reminds me to do it. I'm not much of an expert on the carbs really. Love 'less than 5000 cals on Thanksgiving Day'!

I hope you are all ok in the aftermath of the storm. I went out last night and went straight to bed when I got home, meaning that when I discovered that a friend was crew on HMS Bounty when it sank, I also thankfully learnt that he is safe and well. Not all of his shipmates have survived though.

Tuesday goals -- still heading towards 100 days of daily logging. And I opened the Halloween candy this morning! Not for me, but so I could put a little bag of chocs into my son's packed lunch as a treat. So I have a Tuesday Goal to keep away from it till tomorrow night. Also, pumpkin carving time.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    fretting too much about the big storm to sleep... and i live on the other coast!!
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I am keeping everyone in my prayers in the path of the hurricane . In West Virginia we do have some snow though .
    My goals for this week
    Exercise at least 5 days this week
    Drink lots of water !
  • Garetie
    Garetie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I have been thinking of those in the way of the storm, hoping everyone there stays safe.

Wanted to share that as of yesterday I’m back down to the my lowest weight since joining MFP which means I have lost the ten pounds I gained when I quit smoking back in July. So I am way happy about that! :happy:

I could use another month of watching my carbs, I really didn’t do very well with that in October. It’s odd, but more often than not I was under, but when I went over it was by so much. It was kind of ridiculous. :huh:

I like Skinnyjeansbound idea of a mileage challenge because I’m running the Turkey Trot with her. :bigsmile:

My goal for the week is to really focus on reaching my weekly calorie burn.
  • lmackbethl
    Options
    My relief was only 10 minutes late - yay! Was a long, exhausting night, starting with going in early, then it got quite interesting trying to help a drunken college student who was wandering barefoot and hopelessly lost through the hurricane (good grief) - I think she had no clue how much danger she was in (on multiple fronts). Got home and discovered that I have power, internet, and cable (CL&P's outage map showed 80-90% of my town without power)! Some sticks and small branches fell on the patio, but no trees down and no damage to the roof!! I attribute my good fortune to all of your thoughts and prayers - thank you!!!!

Tuesday goal -- clean up the yard, reach out to friends with no power/water, stay on track calorie-wise, and get a little exercise of some sort in.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    @skinny:: Bloat boat sisters haha--I know it will eventually go away but the scale is showing a 6lb gain from last week! SO frustrating! I know I went over calories 3 days but not enough to gain 6lbs!!!

@alison:: It was worth it because it was so much fun. And running, I miss it. I haven't had a workout routine since my daughter started school in august. I used to do it after I got off work and didn't have to pick her up. Now i have to pick her up so I don't get home until 5:30-6pm and then I have to get dinner started and it's so hectic. I had a good plan and just haven't followed it. Going to have to fix something! I miss working out and sweating and feeling good afterwords.

Tuesday Goal::: This is simple :) To keep following my calorie goal (I might lower it) I'm at 1700 right now and I think I might lower it to 1550 or something maybe even just down to 1600. I need to try something different. Cause' this weight is just not going anywhere. Also 2nd goal is to get an exercise routine and stick with it. Something that is going to work with when I go to school too.

Well hope everyone on the east coast is safe!

Have a terrific Tuesday!
    Tina
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Things have been so hectic lately with work and my classes that I haven't been able to stop by.

Thinking of you all, especially our friends on the East Coast, and missing posting. Hopefully things will settle soon.

I think to keep the carb goal for November is great idea!

Have a great day!

Kelley
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    i'm sorry but i don't have the energy to do individual responses the last few days. i'm not at all well and two of my kids are sick too. i'm debating what to do about halloween right now. sigh. at any rate, congrats to those who have lost and hugs to those who are struggling.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Tuesday goals. Stay under calorie this week. I'm stressed and hungry and if I hang on by my nails I'll be happy. Fitness... I have the Turkey Trot in 3 weeks. I need to get walking AT LEAST 3 days a week so I can walk over the finish line in under an hour. Was going to walk to work today but I want to pop home at lunch time and check on Mow so I'll need to drive. I only get half an hour for lunch, plus I'll need to go in early/stay late to make up for yesterday.

A bit worried about my family. Called mom to check on her this morning (Central New Jersey) and no answer. The power must be out so I tried her cell. No answer for over an hour so I called my brother since he lives next door. Tried my OTHER brother who lives on the OTHER side of her and no answer.

I wonder if cell service is out up there. They are all on the same plan (Sprint). Someone on my FB said that her AT&T work phone wasn't working but her Verizon personal phone was.

MowMow seems almost back to his old self today, A little run down and tired but at least he's using the litter box on his own. He still seems feverish but not as bad as he was before. Hopefully the antibiotic will fix his problems and we won't see anything terrible on the blood test on Thursday.

ETA: Mileage challenge does sound good. I have 3 weeks to my own Turkey Trot and I'm determined to walk it in under an hour. To do that I need to get my *kitten* in gear! I've got some short stumpy little legs It's gonna take some speed walking for me to make it in an hour. :blushing:
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    MowMow- I hope you mom and family is okay and that they came through the storm fine. NJ was hit very hard and the news is saying that communications are very unreliable right now. Fox News is showing coverage of NJ at this time. I hope you hear from them soon.

Breezy Point NY was devastated by fire, it is very sad to see all the damage and homes lost.

I made it through the storm and keep power all night. Our neighbor lost a tree limb which fell across my brother's drive way but missed his car. The same neighbor had a tree falling over but is leaning on the tree next to it. We are still expecting high winds and more rain today.

Karen- I like the idea of a miles challenge for Nov. so I accept your challenge.

I hope everyone stays safe today.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

NOVEMBER CHALLENGE:

1. Carb Challenge - Keep your carbs under 200 gms. day (150 gms day is best)

2. Personal Mileage Challenge - get out those pedometers - Keep daily,weekly and monthly records of steps and miles walked!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • mrsbonnie72
    Options
    Tuesday Goal-Not to eat too much of my girls birthday cake tomorrow...remember small slice :wink:

@Boheimian-Thank you keep trying on the next size smaller...almost there!
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Best Wishes for the people in the path of Sandy!

0 smokes today! :smokin: :noway:
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Best Wishes for the people in the path of Sandy!

0 smokes today! :smokin: :noway:

well done!
  • CathEsh
    CathEsh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Welp, saw my knee doc today. Diagnosis: fractured patella (knee cap). I will be in a knee brace for 2 months. No bike riding, but I can walk the Turttle pool as long as I don't do lunges or squats and providing it doesn't hurt. Crossing my fingers that I will be able to do that. Just waiting for the pool to be fixed and up and running again. My knee doc asked if I had lost weight. I told him I had, and he told me he could tell. Then he said, "Good job, but lay off of the exercise for awhile!" :noway: Little Luna hasn't had to have cough med since Sunday night, and she is quite feisty...shredding newspapers and running circles around us! :bigsmile:

@MowMow ~ Glad your kitty is feeling better. Hope the blood tests come back OK.

@Morgori ~ Congrats on no smokes. My daughter quit smoking 6 weeks ago, and she tells me practically every day how much healthier she feels.

@Laurie ~ Glad you fared well through Sandy.

@Christine ~ I think it's great you figured out what makes you binge. Darn those skeletons in the closet, anyway!