Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,137 Member
    Options
    Another drive-by---Happy Halloween.

Back in town. Got a lot accomplished while out of town but headed out again Monday. Going to try to get my neck back in working order. Think I lifted a much too heavy box yesterday and strained a few things including my neck. On the plus side, pretty much my part of the heavy lifting should be finished now. Forgive me for repeating myself, but my dad will not be going back to Assisted Living after his partial hip replacement. Trying to get him settled in Intermediate Care and the Asst. Living folks would like the apt. ASAP as someone else wants to rent it. (I don't want to pay for it either---he hasn't been in it since the morning of August 30th).

I now regret *not* trying to start lifting weights sooner. :grumble: :grumble:

Wednesday wish----I'll poach off the goals of others and say I'd like to have more $$ each month. So if that Powerball ticket I got today works out...........

Be well, stay well, wishing you all strength to reach your goals.

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Happy Halloween, I hope everyone does not over indulge in the candy. I know it is hard and I have been enjoying a couple of pieces a day. Need to stop that thinking as it was a coping reaction kicking in from all that was going on.

Wish- I find the time to exercise. I did make it to the gym today and managed to walk 1 mile but I did climb all three rock walls. That covered the cardio and strength training and believe me my arms are tired.

The October challenge was to take our measurements and compare and I love the results, so Robin thanks for that challenge. It has shown me that I am losing inches instead of weight and I am happy with that. :bigsmile:

neck: 14 down to 13.5 :smile:
    hips WIDEST 48.5 same , BELOW HIPS Top of thighs 41.5 DOWN to 41:happy:
    waist @ naval 41 DOWN to 39.5 :bigsmile:
    below chest 41 same
    thighs: LT 23 down to 22:happy: RT 22.5 down to 22:laugh:
    arms LT: 12 same, RT 13 down to 12.5:drinker:

I am very happy with the drops around the waist, thighs and arms. I wish everyone else sees positive results as well.

Carb challenge was to stay between 100-130 17 out of 31 days. Not bad but I can do better.:grumble:
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hello and happy Halloween. I hope everyone is having a fun and safe holiday. I made a big crockpot of black bean soup and then took it over to my moms. My brothers then stopped there first with their kids and had some nice warm soup before going out into the cold and of course in Washington state the rain, lol. I made goody bags for the kids and then sent the rest of the candy to work with my daughter to share with the crew and remove the temptation from the house. So far I have worked out every day this week. I am alternating between the walk at home program and resistance bands. The walking is still kicking my #@# but I am not going to give in and just push as far as I can every time and then do some nice slow stretches when I reach my limit. I was so proud of my kitty last night. All the pets got flea baths and even though I have stopped cutting his claws he didnt try to fight and get out. You could definitley tell he was unhappy with the whole concept but he just glared at me alot, lol. I hope you are all feeling good and accomplishing everything you want. Take care and be safe.
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, :smile:

Happy Halloween I know I have indugle in a couple of fun size candies but am very aware that those little fun sizes pack a lot of calories.

@jtconsti -- Black Bean soup sounds good : Would love the recipe if you want to share"?
    @Cath- Glad you have that turtle pool to use. I really like our turtle pool at our Y. Sorry you are hurting
    @Lin Welcome back sorry to hear about your neck hope you feel better soon
    @Kaye - good to hear from you again. Sorry about all of the pain you are still experiencing.
    @Skinny - Wow I like your wish wouldn't that be nice.

Wednesday Wish -- Wish we had been better in our adult life saving money. We are getting there but haven't been very good about saving for our retirement. Seems like we just have enough to cover bills and a little in savings for a rainy day but nothing for retirement. Guess we better not retire. Also Wish to be at least 5lbs lighter by Christmas.

Keep safe everyone don't forget to drink your water.

Liz :smile:
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

Wow, November 1st already – hard to believe.

My life has been so stressful the last couple of weeks, I don’t know if I’m coming or going. I was craving cigarettes for the first time in years on Tuesday, but I did NOT give in (quit nearly 20 years ago). I actually used to keep a pack in the freezer just-in-case, but haven’t done that in years. I really hope things calm down soon. I’m off work on Mon/Tues (also my birthday), so maybe I can get some extra rest and regroup.

October Challenge results~I stayed right at 150g of carbs or below all month. I also lost 1.5 inches in my hips, 1 inch in my waist, .5 inch in my torso, and 1.5 inches in the thigh. So I guess all-in-all a successful month.

Exercise this week:

Monday~None (chiropractor)
    Tuesday~Cross Trainer DONE
    Wednesday~None (chiropractor)
    Thursday~Training
    Friday~Elliptical
    Saturday~Run
    Sunday~Training

Thursday Truth~I’m not a big candy eater but a lot of departments here at work had candy laying around – I gave away most of what I had picked up but had two pieces, a mint 3 musketeers (Yum-O) and a Butterfinger. So, not horrible – it could have been a lot worse.

@jconst~Just take it one walk at a time and try not to overdo, it takes time to work your way up – you’ll get there. Keep it up!

@Kaye~Great to hear from you. Sorry your pain isn’t under control yet, hope that improves soon.

Have a great day!

Kelley :bigsmile:
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth: I blew it in October. I started adding carbs in the form of cheeseburgers to fuel my workouts and ended up carb craving myself into the Halloween candy (plus more cheeseburgers, including on days I didn't work out!).

I feel like a backsliding religious convert, thumping Dr. Atkins' book and repenting mightily of my sinful ways.

Carbs are the debil, people, the debil!

At least they are for me. Because of those stupid cravings.
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth::: My will power didn't hold up against the candy....But hey today is a new day! Thank goodness Halloween only comes once a year. But still I should've been stronger than my urge for the candy. But I learn from my mistakes.

Also check out my profile picture :) My beautiful Madilyn dressed up as Daphne from Scooby Doo :D

Have a terrific Thursday!

Tina
  • kah68
    Options
    Thursday Truth::: My will power didn't hold up against the candy....But hey today is a new day! Thank goodness Halloween only comes once a year. But still I should've been stronger than my urge for the candy. But I learn from my mistakes.

Also check out my profile picture :) My beautiful Madilyn dressed up as Daphne from Scooby Doo :D

Tina

Madilyn made an adorable Daphne!!! She was always my favorite (other than Scooby, of course). :laugh:
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options

Tina

Madilyn made an adorable Daphne!!! She was always my favorite (other than Scooby, of course). :laugh:

Thank you :) I thought she looked pretty darn adorable as well :) Best Daphne I've ever seen!
  • mrsbonnie72
    Options
    Thursdays Truth- Yes I did binge yesterday and ate pizza and birthday cake at my daughter's birthday. But I noticed I did not eat as much as I used to. Today I have no desire for cake and ice cream, but that may change tonight.

I am an emotional eater and lately things at home are stressful with the husband so I can either eat or go work out, I am trying to focus on the working out part!
  • kah68
    Options
    Okay, my mom rocks! I told her I wanted the new FitBit One for my birthday (which is next Tuesday) - she said order it and she'll pay for it. Gotta love still being spoiled in your 40s! :laugh:
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    thursday truth- being on disability sucks moneywise.....i had to buy a new sump pum to get rid of the lake in my driveway and had to borrow the money from my mom. She heard that i have not bought groceries for 6 weeks and have been making and living on soup and insists on giving me money for that as well.....some days i think this will never end....i am 56 years old and relying on my mom..:sad:
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    @Garetie -- well done on getting back to your lowest weight and staying off the smoking!
    @Tina -- the easiest time to fit exercise into a hectic work day with kids is first thing in the morning before anyone else gets up. When I was working I'd fall out of bed and go running first thing and then get in the shower so I was just having the shower I'd have anyway, just after running. Lunchtime works for some people but it never did for me because I didn't really feel I could take a long enough lunchbreak to work out and then shower. It's a shame because I worked by a beautiful park which was lovely for running in.
    @Kaye -- good to hear from you and glad you're on the mend!
    @Kris -- if your cat is up to tricks like that he's definitely on the mend I think!

Hope everyone's power is back now! We carved a Plants vs. Zombies pumpkin in the end -- I've put it on my user icon for today. Speaking of Plants vs. Zombies, if you're in the US you can get Plants vs. Zombies free for Mac or PC at stopzombiemouth.com using the code PEAH8R -- doesn't work in the UK though. Apparently 93% of kids would choose a video game over candy, and it's better for your teeth. I didn't touch the chocolate until yesterday -- I did have three bags yesterday though! Luckily they are very small. 'Fun Size' they call them, but when I was a child I reckoned they were no fun at all. The leftover items have gone in the box that we take with us to badminton -- we have a tiny chocolate treat each halfway through our play so those should keep us going nearly till Christmas.

And oh yes, I need to find the tape measure. My weight's been static all this week but with all this working out, I feel more muscular. So I'm hoping I'll be cheered by measurements.

Black bean soup -- I do two different ones. There's a recipe for a ham cooked in a 2l bottle of Coke. When I do that, I make black bean soup out of the leftover hammy cokey liquid and beans and not much else. But if I don't have that, I just boil up 12 ounces of dried black beans and 8 ounces of Puy lentils (or Canadian green lentils) -- boiled fast for ten minutes, and then add 4 oz ham, two carrots, two sticks of celery, a green pepper, an onion, 6 cloves of garlic, all chopped up fine, and a can of chopped tomatoes, a tablespoon each of cumin and cajun spice, a little oregano and a beef stock cube. That all gets cooked slowly for six hours. We serve it with dollops of sour cream or yoghurt, and chunks of bread.

-- Alison
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth- I was over calories yesterday by over 200. I'm back on track today, though. I don't regret yesterday, either. Those kolackys were GOOD!
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- PLEASE NOTE - soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages, or 500 posts - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom IN the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

(<Continued at this topic >) and the words “this topic” will be in blue.

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
    FOR NEWBIES ....................................PLEASE NOTE................................................................

- PLEASE NOTE - soon, we will soon come to the end of this current thread - every 20 pages, or 500 posts - we start a new Thread - you will see at the bottom IN the last post on page 20 a sentence like this :

Click on that phrase and it will take you to the first post on our new page One.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

• RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart:

• RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart:

• RobinsEgg
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

GOALS and IDEAS for daily posts (Not mandatory)

Monday - Check In (how are you doing? Had any successes or struggles this week-end?)

Tuesday - Goals (do you have any Goals you want to update us?)

Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)

Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to fess up to or get off your chest?)

Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating?

Saturday - Success (what have you accomplished; focus on the positive of the week, NSV=non scale victories)

Sunday - Sharing (tell us a little about yourself....update your personal life)

NOVEMBER CHALLENGE:

1. Carb Challenge - Keep your carbs under 200 gms. day (150 gms day is best)

2. Personal Mileage Challenge - get out those pedometers - Keep daily,weekly and monthly records of steps and miles walked!

____________________________________________________________________________