Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Motivation and Support
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• trinati2001trinati2001 Member, Premium Posts: 254 Member Member, Premium Posts: 254 Member
    Hi all,

Back on MFP. I used the app a couple of years ago to drop 40lbs and due to stress eating my way through COVID it is all back. I just left noom (some good things there but a lot that drove me crazy) and as I said I'm back on MFP.

I'm also doing intermittent fasting with an 16:8 schedule. I eat between 11am and 7pm. My biggest problem is the weekends when I need to make breakfast for the kids/husband. Then I'm hungry and eat with them. @skinnyjeanzbound how do you handle skipping a mean when the rest of you family doesn't.

Ugh so annoying, my post from yesterday never posted.
  • trinati2001trinati2001 Member, Premium Posts: 254 Member Member, Premium Posts: 254 Member
    Last night was a rough one. I’ve been doing intermittent fasting 16:8 (eating from 11-7) but my husband ended up working late. So when he didn’t get home until after 7 we ended up having a super late dinner. I wanted to wait for him to eat, but what I ended up making was just so-so. I also had way more calories left than I realized but it was now 7:30 I was hungry and out of time and still had to bake an experimental sourdough loaf (trying out new flour). I gave myself a break and had an applesauce pouch to bring me up to 1200 calories after doing dishes at 8pm. But that bread came out of the oven at 9pm and it smelled so good (I love fresh bread) but I just got another cup of tea...finished my movie and eventually went to bed. I’m so proud of myself!!! I made it and didn’t binge when my husband went outside to do yard work or to go for a walk!!
  • aimeemarie150aimeemarie150 Member Posts: 353 Member Member Posts: 353 Member
    Back after gain (unfortunately). Working my way back down the scale from a 80 lb gain, down 20lb currently. 60 more to go just to get back to start and then still another 20-30 for gw.

So over food. Can I just have a pill that gives me all nutrients? I am exhausted from the yoyoing both in size and emotions.
    @aimeemarie150 I completely understand!! I know most of my problems are mental (I know how to eat healthy and how to lose weight) and yet it seems like I just don’t want to when I’m in a slide. Or I know that I have to start being good at some point so I might as well get in all the “bad food/behavior” now.

Anyways we are both back on track and doing well!! Keep up the good work. You can do it.
    I'm really hoping that some of the members of this group are still around...so I'll keep posting hoping that people will come back.

Name: Jessica
    Height: 5' 6"
    SW: 238.4 (5/10/16)
    GW: 190
    April GW: 226

Weight tracking:
    Start Apr 1: 235.8
    WK 1 Apr 5: 234.9 (-0.9)
    WK 2 Apr 12: 231.4 (-3.5)
    WK 3 Apr 19:
    WK 4 Apr 27:
    Finish Apr 30:

April goals:
    WK 1 & 2:
    - drink 100oz of water a day
    - stick to a 16:8 IF schedule (during the weekdays)
    - Take two 10 min breaks during work to stretch/yoga

I had a good week, but it was also easier with the kids being at their grandparents (fully vaccinated) for the week. This week is going to be harder. I've decided to stick with the same goals as last week. The worked well for me and since I'm adding the kids back in and now cooking more kids friendly food I figure that is enough of a challenge :)
  • Teasha12Teasha12 Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    I'm here because I need to lose over 140 pounds. I was on track and depression and 2020 kicked in. Now I'm even more over weight than before. Just wanted to kind of find a community of people that understand the difficulty of facing that much weightloss.
  • canyonGeekcanyonGeek Member Posts: 181 Member Member Posts: 181 Member
    Hi @Teasha12, I used to be active in this thread. Lately, I’ve mostly been over here:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3322-losing-100-pounds-without-surgery

It’s a great group that’s very supportive for people with a long road ahead. Check it out and request to join if interested! Lots of threads on different topics as well as regular challenges.
    @trinati2001 are your kids picky eaters? My dude is 15 months old so he's finally getting the hang of being a human and I'm struggling with ease vs healthy foods.
  • JNettie73JNettie73 Member Posts: 968 Member Member Posts: 968 Member
    Hi everyone. I used to be a part of this thread a while ago but then I had my daughter and life just got in the way. I was excited when I just saw this thread pop up. I wonder if any of the original members are still here!

A little about me. I came back to MFP about a month ago after being diagnosed with some health issues. I am 34 days in and am down 15 lbs - though MFP is only recognizing 5 lbs. I cannot figure out why. I am thrilled with my progress so far!
    @aimeemarie150 my kids are now 10 and 7. In some ways they are picky eaters and others they are not. My oldest says that anything with a lot of seasoning is spicy, even if there isn't heat in those seasonings. Both kids still have issues pulling things out of food that they don't like (if there is cucumber in a salad one won't eat it or tomatoes the other won't eat it). They are getting a little better at that one. One likes white rice the other brown. Stupid stuff like that. But you know what they both love....Mac and cheese, pizza, spegettie, mashed potatoes and gravy. I'm selling them short, they like healthy stuff too but it really limits what I end up making for dinner if I don't want to hear, ugh I don't like that!

@JNettie73 i used to be really active on this group thred in 2016-2018. I was hoping when I came back that if I kept posting a couple more members from that time would also come back.
    I've had a hard time binge eating the last couple of days. Not sure why. I did so great last week but this week at lunch I'm just wanting to eat and not stop. I feel like I'm craving something but I can't figure out what it is. It was definitely not the first 5 things I ate on Tuesday or the other 6 things I ate on Wednesday.

My plan for today is to chug 16oz of water before I eat lunch and see if that helps.

My goals for this week have been to fast 16:8 (eat between 11-7) and drink 100oz of water. Both I've been able to do, barely, and I think those goals are the only thing keeping me from gaining to much over these days. But I can tell I'm struggling because it's hard to drink the 100oz this week when it was easy last week.
    @trinati2001 I was active in 2014-2015 but then my daughter came along and I didn't have time to keep up. I miss the thread. I often wonder how they are doing now.

Name: Jeanette
    Height: 5' 1"
    SW: 270
    GW: TBD
    April GW: Out of the 250 range or close to being out of it.

Weight tracking:
    Start Apr 1: 257 (Last weigh-in was 3/28. I am using that weight for this number)
    WK 1 Apr 4: 255.4
    WK 2 Apr 11: 254.8
    WK 3 Apr 18
    WK 4 Apr 25:
    Finish Apr 30:

Weigh ins: Every Sunday.
    Measurements: 1st of every month. Since starting in March every measurement has gone down 1/2-1 inch.

Just a little bit about me. I used to be part of this group a while ago in 2014-2015 but then my daughter came along and well... life happened. I had a lot of success using MFP. Sadly over the years I gained back all the weight that I lost and then some. March 5th was a day that changed my life forever. I was standing in the kitchen talking to my husband and felt as if I couldn't catch my breath. I sat down, which helped a bit but I felt winded again as soon as I stood up. I laid down in bed for a bit but my heart began racing. I was scared, very scared, and asked my husband to call 911. Once at the hospital they did a lot of different tests; ekg, chest xray, cat scan, blood work, iv, covid test, steriod shots and I was hooked up to monitors. Several hours later it was determined that I had an infection in my chest. I was given antibiotics, an inhaler and was instructed to follow up with my primary within a few days. When I met with my doctor I gave her the results from the doctor. She diagnosed me as diabetic. That very same day I sat in bed as my beloved cat, Harvest Moon, took her last breaths. I was devastated. The next day was a complete blur, I was depressed. Friday I woke up and knew I had to make a change. I started logging foods on MFP but this time around I am not focused on calories. My focus is healthy eating (whole food, plant based - I have been vegetarian since my early 20s), reducing fats and watching carbs. I know, a bit ironic because vegetables are filled with carbs. I will explain more later. A few days later I added in exercise. Since restarting MFP I have lost 15 pounds. My energy is up. My muscles ache from all the exercise I've been doing. But best of all I went from blood glucose levels in the 200s (hospital tests), a fasting BGL of 168 to new lows of 111. I have a long way to go but I am extremely proud of the progress I have made so far.

After my diagnosis I didn't know what to do. Watching carbs and increasing fruits and veggies as instructed by my doctor doesn't work for me and my lifestyle. I know this from my round of gestational diabetes I had when pregnant with my daughter. I felt completely frustrated and didn't know how I was going to proceed. I searched and found a group on Facebook for vegetarians with diabetes. A lot of members recommend a book called Mastering Diabetes. I immediately purchased the book and am currently reading it. The plan of this book is to eat whole food plant based low fat. Right now I am doing a variation of this plan. I love cheese and cheese based dishes, I don't know if I can completely give it up. The first few days, adjusting to my new plan, were very challenging. I was HUNGRY all the time. By day 3 or 4 I began to get into a groove. I've cut down on rice, breads and pasta. (GASP!!! I am Italian and look forward to my Sunday pasta meal with the family.) I still eat these things but in moderation. I've been adding a salad in with most meals which helps a lot. I used to fill up on rice, breads and pasta. Relearning how to cook is my most challenging. I've been experimenting with new recipes and foods. Right now it is a trial and error of foods to determine what does and does not work with my body. I have blood work and a follow up appointment scheduled for later on this month. I am actually looking forward to it. I think my doctor will be pleased with my progress so far.

So far my NSVs:
    1) My fasting BGL went from 168 to 111.
    2) I have been exercising regularly and absolutely love it. I miss it on days I don't have time to fit in a workout.
    3) I have been sleeping much better. My Fitbit sleep score is evidence of this.
    4) I wake up feeling rested and ready to start my day.
    5) I have cut out caffeine and honestly I don't miss it. (I used to need 2 cups of coffee to get my day started)
    6) I have restored excitement for life.
    7) My lazy days have become less frequent.
    8) I have been reaching 10K steps most days. (Fitbit) My lazy days have been averaging 7-8K rather than 3-5K.
    @JNettie73 i also wonder how everyone is doing. I saw skinnyjeans on here a couple of months ago but it seems like a short return to the thred.

My friend is also a vegetarian who has found most weight loss progams difficult. We affectionately call her a carbetarian. She ate carbs and cheese and did not like vegetables. She ended up doing an elemation diet and found that she had a gluten intolerance but really could not stand to eat the chicken that was required by that diet. Recently she did a keto diet and has started to learn to like vegetables and has learned a couple of tricks to replace carbs with veggies substitutes but overall she has yet to find something that is substainable for the long hall. Do you think I should recommend that book to her?
    @trinati2001 That is me - carbs and cheese! Though I do love vegetables too. So far I have only read the prologue, chapter 1 and part of chapter 2. I like it but it is hard to say if I would recommend it yet because I am not far in. It is geared towards people with diabetes, gestational diabetes or at risk for it. It does push for a plant based diet whole food diet which is low fat.
    @skinnyjeanzbound Hi Karen! How are you doing?!!!
  • neffyworldneffyworld Member Posts: 24 Member Member Posts: 24 Member
    Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating?

I'm thinking of going for one long walk and one short walk. I binged big time yesterday and have a lot of calories to count! Hopefully this weekend will be under control. Having fish and chips tonight, should be interesting.
    well it's Friday Eve....so I'll count that as Friday fitness. While waiting for my daughter's tap class my 7 year old and I took a walk we had a nice 30 minute walk just the two of us. I got to here all about Troom Troom, Scooby Doo, school and the reason why we should use your ears to hear if cars are coming instead of your eyes.
    JNettie73 wrote: »
    @trinati2001 I was active in 2014-2015 but then my daughter came along and I didn't have time to keep up. I miss the thread. I often wonder how they are doing now.

I was also active here around that time, but under a different name I cannot recall now. Skinnyjeanz and I are still friends on here and she's still active and logging.

I hate the community component of the app, which is why I am guessing lots of people gave up as smart phones took over (oh that sounds weird to say). Its very clunky and not at all mobile friendly.
    JNettie73 wrote: »

I was also active here around that time, but under a different name I cannot recall now. Skinnyjeanz and I are still friends on here and she's still active and logging.

I hate the community component of the app, which is why I am guessing lots of people gave up as smart phones took over (oh that sounds weird to say). Its very clunky and not at all mobile friendly.

I agree it is not mobile friendly but when I was on Noom I realized that I missed the community from MFP so much. Their groups were just not the same and you didn't have any options.

But I do have to say that the "spinning loading circle" in the middle of Mt screen whenever I'm in the community section is really annoying.