Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• 1stday13
    1stday13 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!
    My name is Lori. I have been looking for a group thread or something/people to connect with. I just happened to stumble upon you guys :bigsmile: I started MFP 10 days ago. I have 100+ #s to lose. I would love to be on this thread with ya'll. I am in this for the long haul. I want to have a place where people really care & support each other :flowerforyou: I have back tracked & read a lot of past posts. I see a lot of Love & caring in them.
    Lori from TX :wink:
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Hi - Just a pop-in tonight. Good with food today - a bagel for breakfast, small roast beef, roma tomato and dark lettuce on low-cal bun for lunch and brown rice for dinner. One Fiber One granola bar mid-day. But no exercise unless you count household chorse and searching for my pedometer, which I fear lost in the trash - it was there last night on the edge of the counter and now its gone....:sad: . I liked it, I got it at Scheels for approx $10, for those who are looking for one.
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Thursday truth- I am EXHAUSTED and completely self absorbed. I feel guilty that I can't voice being supportive to y'all- but my brain is sooooo fried. So I just want to say that I appreciate each and every one of you. Keep fighting the good fight! :drinker:
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    made it to the gym today for a brief workout.....15 min on the bike and 15 minutes brief walking. This was after raking the leaves outside for 15 min and before doing some house work. Happy that i got to the gym but sad that i have a long way to go.
    Still not got a handle on the food yet but getting better little by little
  • rachael726
    rachael726 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    So it appears that Thursdays are kinda like tell your dirty lil secrets day, which I like!

I was good today, food wise not exercise. I have a handle ( at least for now) on the food thing..it's only the first week lol. I didn't exercise bc I had to take the civil service exam in NJ @6 pm and it was 45 minutes away. I figured it could be my rest day since I haven't had one all week. I still want to eat everything I see but so far I'm showing good self control.

On a side note, I've been walking 1-2 miles a day to start and attempt to show my body that yes, shockingly enough you can move. I hope to jump that up to 3 miles by mid next week. I've also been taking the stairs at work and not the elevator just to get a little more cardio in there. I am debating joining the gym. I like the privacy of my home a lot and I check in with my "coach" (just a very fit coworker) on my daily progress. She really gives me the motivation I need. I'm hoping that I will get even more from here!

Still in need of a pedometer that I can wear at work. Any recommendations?

Thanks For listening!!

~rachael
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Bump. Holy cow!! I've got 6 pages to catch up. I'll be back soon!!
  • lmackbethl
    Options
    @rachael -- i use the fitbit and really like it... it tracks steps taken, plus converts those into miles, plus lets you know how many floors you've climbed and calories you've burned... also has a sleep function. i find it very motivating, with weekly progress reports, etc. and i love it when it syncs with mfp and gives me extra calories.

thursday truth -- I'm enjoying my new job,and feeling pretty good about life, yet i'm money-strapped and a bit worried about that, plus i'm quite often exhausted. so, i need to figure out how to increase my financial and energy reserves. sigh
  • rachael726
    Options
    @ Lori-- welcome to the forum. Just started myself as well! Let's get rid of these unwanted pounds and keep them off! Hope you post soon!!! Much like you, I did the yo yo dieting and it works for awhile but then the pounds come back with a vengeance. Kudos to you for deciding to do without surgery! I thought about it too!!! Good luck!

~Rachael
  • rachael726
    Options
    @ lmackbethl--- thanks for the post! How much do they usually cost? I know nothing about pedometers except that I need one. As far $$, it may sound silly but I sell my unwanted items on eBay and have to admit I do well. I'm a single mom with 2 kids. I work full time but always need extra $. I found that it generates enough to pay usually 1 small bill and put gas in the car. I'm definitely not rolling in the dough, but every little bit helps. I sell anything from used kids clothes( still on good condition) to healthcare and toys. I hope this helps somewhat. Congrats on the new job too!
  • kinnurse0754
    kinnurse0754 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Thursday already?? Thank goodness because I am off as of 7:30 a/m Friday and don't go back in to work until 7:30 pm Monday. I love my w/e's off. Its only every other w/e but at least its always a long one. My daughter and oldest granddaughter are coming down Friday and we are going to see the stage production of The Wizard of Oz in Toronto. We're going to go out for supper first then to the theatre. They will stay overnight with me Friday and then attend a baby shower for my neice with me on Saturday. It'll be nice to see all the family as I didn't see anyone over the holidays.
    I'm going to push myself to get back onto the WII this w/e. Its the one aspect of this journey that I have not managed to kickstart yet. But, I'm doing really well with my foods, slightly under calories most days and drinking lots of water.
    Hope everyone is having a good week and plans something fun for the w/e. Seems like most of the family is over their bugs now so hopefully will stay healthy for a few months. Hope everyone out their in MFP land gets or stays healthy. Charlotte
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:

My workout plan for the weekend is as follows:

Walk at the gym 1 hour each day and try to use some weight machines.

@Robin- Your little saying made me chuckle and then I realized how true it is.
    @Karen- Thanks for the adoption advice and I have decided against a puppy personally hate potty training dogs.
    @Vickimieth- Hang in there things will get better and we will all still be here.
    @Laurie- Hope you feel better soon.
    @Lin- Your Thursday confession was interesting I have had them same thought a few times.
    @Rachel and 1stday13- Welcome to the group.
    @Morgori- It's nice to see you got back on track real fast with the smoke:flowerforyou:
    @Naceto- Please don't feel guilty- You have a lot on your plate with school classes and life. No one judges here.

@All those with money stress-- We all struggle with money and yes it is very stressful at times. I say keep your head up and stay positive things will turn around.

Now, I picked up my class books last night I think I am in for another touch semester. So, I am setting a grade goal immediately.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness: I have been so slack on fitness for a week. I lost a pound, but I feel horrible, not to mention guilty. I have to do something today. Not sure what yet, though.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning & Happy Friday!

Friday Fitness~Well, the week could have been better – but with a trip to the vet and my stomach being off last couple of days, not bad. Stomach was still upset yesterday, but I made it through my training session – I do feel a little better this morning.

Exercise Goals:

Monday~Elliptical DONE!
    Tuesday~None (vet appt) DONE
    Wednesday~Run NOT DONE:cry:
    Thursday~Training Session DONE!
    Friday~I was going to run but now going to HH with a friend from work
    Saturday~Run
    Sunday~Training Session

@Alison~I do love her kittenness and hope it lasts a long time – although she is part Maine Coon so will always be playful.

@Charlotte~Enjoy your w/e off and the theatre with daughter and granddaughter. Sounds fun!

@Karen~I sure wish there was a way to keep her awake all day, but I’m quite sure she naps all day while I’m gone. I do try and wear her out in the evenings though, it’s been so long since I’ve had a kitten that I forgot how active and nocturnal they can be! It’s funny, when I took her to the vet on Tuesday he asked me how I was surviving having a kitten again. :laugh:

@Rachael~I have a Fitbit also and love it – it helps to keep you active all day. The Fitbit One is $99 and now they have a Zip that just tracks miles, steps, and floors (not sleep) and it retails for around $59 I think. They are also coming out with a new style in the Spring, it’s a wristband of some sort - looks to me like it does the same as the One but you wear it on your wrist (cost is the same as the One). You may still be able to find Fitbit Ultra’s – maybe on eBay or Amazon, they may cost less.

Have a great day!
    Kelley
  • rachael726
    Options
    :smile: Good morning all!!! Happy Friday to all!!!

Friday Fitness~ I took yesterday as my off day because I hadn't taken one. It felt good. I plan on using my Walk At Home DVD's tonight. They are great! Leslie Sansone really makes you feel good and I sweat alot when I use them. I'm hoping to up my miles from 1-2 daily to 3 by mid next week. That's my goal anyway for the week. I think Thursdays will continue to be my off day to let me body rest.

Has anyone ever heard of those DVD's or used them? Also, anyone from the south Jersey area? Would be great to have someone close for extra motivation!!!!

@mnwalkingquee- thanks for the input and the warm welcome. I plan on beginning a regular name around the MFP world, so get used to me! LOL :smile:

@kelley- thanks for letting me know about the pedometer. I'm going to look on Amazon and see if I can find a good one for a reasonable price. I'm trying not to spend a ton of $ to get healthy. I'm on a budget :mad:

I'm loving this thread!!! I am concerned that once I lose the weight that I will put it back on. I hate being the "fat girl" everywhere I go. It really sux!:cry: Hopefully, one day soon I wont have to feel that way anymore.

Have a great day everyone!

~Rachael
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    I have another interesting quote to share, this one is really challenging:

Life rewards effort, exponentially. No matter how small the effort, nor how daunting the odds.

Isn't this great?
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Rachael~When I first started on this weight loss journey, I used Leslie Sansone – after about six months I upgraded and bought an elliptical, then eventually joined a gym. It’s a great way to get started on an active lifestyle. There are several people on this forum that workout with Leslie regularly. I know we have some members on the east coast, not sure about Jersey though. I’m in Texas – moved here 17 years ago from upstate NY.

@Robin~You’re finding some excellent quotes lately. Love it!

@Nicole~How is math going? Did you get through all of those problems?

@Holly~I’m so glad you have a gym at work that you can use and that you are enjoying being able to workout at lunch. I’m jealous, my gym is 15-miles from work. Wish I could go there on my lunch hour – luckily I get off work really early.
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello -

I am home today from work a bit under the weather. Going to go back to bed here very soon. Just pop in to catchup on the posts. Food been going ok. Workouts are happening. I really want to up the notch in my workouts but my body isn't ready yet. But I am happy that they are happening.

Best wishes,
    Liz
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Options
    @Rachael~When I first started on this weight loss journey, I used Leslie Sansone – after about six months I upgraded and bought an elliptical, then eventually joined a gym. It’s a great way to get started on an active lifestyle. There are several people on this forum that workout with Leslie regularly. I know we have some members on the east coast, not sure about Jersey though. I’m in Texas – moved here 17 years ago from upstate NY.

@Robin~You’re finding some excellent quotes lately. Love it!

@Nicole~How is math going? Did you get through all of those problems?

@Holly~I’m so glad you have a gym at work that you can use and that you are enjoying being able to workout at lunch. I’m jealous, my gym is 15-miles from work. Wish I could go there on my lunch hour – luckily I get off work really early.

RACHAEL---Me too. I use Leslie Sansone---my favorite DVD is Leslie Sansone: 5 Really Big Miles. You can choose one or more miles depending on your goal for the day----fast mile, toning, etc. When I started, I just walked, anywhere I could, moved around as much as I could and then 1 or 2 miles of Leslie. I also put together a play list of music I liked on my iPod and just danced around in the privacy of my own house. I love music and it gets me moving. Unfortunately I'm in the Midwest and I don't know anyone in your area.

Off to do my errands now; man, it's still foggy!!

Wishing everyone a healthy weekend. :drinker:

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Hello -

I am home today from work a bit under the weather. Going to go back to bed here very soon. Just pop in to catchup on the posts. Food been going ok. Workouts are happening. I really want to up the notch in my workouts but my body isn't ready yet. But I am happy that they are happening.

Best wishes,
    Liz

Hope you feel better soon.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    i'm going to do the one hundred push up challenge. http://www.hundredpushups.com/#sthash.8QMMWtRD.NFqJSXeq.dpbs i have two friends with me doing a sit up challenge and a crunches challenge. in six weeks we're going to rotate. should be interesting.