Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    jumpy- LOVE LOVE LOVE the pic you posted!!
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Late with my Thursday truth, but here it is. I was envious of my 14year old des last night, who walked 62 minutes on the treadmill. I'm proud of him as we'll, of course, but I know I'd never make it 60 minutes - yet!!!

Friday fitness - I will be running for the 3rd time tonight after work. Again, not so much running as walking with a few bursts of speed. However, everyday my insurance builds and I will be able to run 10k again one day. Other days this week I either walked on the treadmill and I'm starting a weight routine 2days a week next week.
  • rachael726
    rachael726 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    @ skinny- thank you so much! I had to be honest and show my picture. I was afraid to show it because I think I was just embarassed by how I look. That was taken at my mom's party last Saturday. It's a great picture to have as my "before" picture.

@ Nicole- I hope you had a great birthday and enjoy the "surprise party" lol

@ jumpy- I LOVE LOVE LOVE that picture. That better not be the old man in front of me in my marathon in April LOL

Friday Fitness- Well, I have been keeping on track with my exercise- hitting it hard since Sunday. I do need to take a day to rest because I feel exhausted. I find that after I exercise, I am really not that hungry. I try to exercise at night time because I have tried to get up earlier to work out in the am, but it wasn't happening. I think tonight might be my off night because I just feel exhausted.

I did lose 3.6 pounds from last thursday (1/10/13) until yesterday (1/17/13), bringing my grand total to 9.4 pounds that I plan on leaving off my body.

P.S. It's lightly snowing in ATLANTIC CITY today!!!!! YAAYYY!!!!!

~Rachael
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning & Happy Friday!

Friday Fitness~Good week this week, I need to step it up though and find a way to get some exercise in on Tues/Thurs – I get home too late, so may have to find a way to go to the gym at 4:30 those mornings as much as I don’t want to. The 4# I was up yesterday were gone this morning, whew! Visiting with friends tomorrow, imagine we’ll go out for lunch but should be able to make healthy choices so as to not veer too far off plan.

Fitness this week:

Monday~Cross Trainer DONE!
    Tuesday~Off Day
    Wednesday~Training Session DONE!
    Thursday~Off Day
    Friday~Zumba or none (have clothes shopping to do)
    Saturday~Long run
    Sunday~Training Session

@Jumpy~Love the pic, thanks for sharing!
    @Rachael~Cute pic! I’m not one for showing my pic either, although I did for a while. Awesome weight loss this week!!!

Have a great day!
    ~Kelley
  • butterflywolf
    Options
    Friday Fitness: Went for my usual morning dog walk and will get on the used "gazelle" I bought for myself for christmas. I only use it for about 5 minutes before the pain in my ankle is too much to bear.

4 1/2 years ago I went on a fantastic rafting trip in colorado. Many of us climbed a huge rock and jumped into a deep pool that had eroded next to it. Unfortunately, i missed with one foot and took impact damage to my ankle. Luckily the river was really cold and I iced it for 30 minutes. Another thursday truth, i never went to the doctor to check it out. Actually i haven't been to the doctor in 11 years.

I don't want not being able to do more than walk stand in my way of shedding weight.So I see a dr on Wednesday. It is not that i don't like dr's, i just have learned how to care for myself. Really i waited to long on this one but life just slipped by.

@Jumpy~Great picture.
    @Rachael~It took me awhile to post a picture of myself. It was scary to see a picture of myself. I don't see me that way. Once I did I could really see what I had become and commit to where I want to go.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday....

Friday Fitness- not sure what I will do this weekend temps are suppose to be in the negative numbers may just lay around the house....okay may just clean the house.

Welcome new people!
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness: I am going to try and go for a walk...snowed yesterday and is cold today. Looking outside the window watching DH shovel snow...(I know it should be me!) Might end up walking in an indoor mall.
  • sarabeth02
    sarabeth02 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness- I've started walking 3 miles a day. I'm building to jog so I can at least jog the color vibe run in April! It suddenly became very cold down here (I live in southeastern Georgia), I'm talking a drop of 20+ degrees in one day, so I'm trying to adjust to that while maintaining exercise. It's tricky, but I think I can do it.

On a side note, I've never been one to eat a lot...I don't eat very often, but I'm trying to boost up my metabolism so I've been eating more, and I actually woke up hungry this morning! This never happens, breakfast was one meal I would miss just because I'd forget to get food because I just wasn't hungry. But I'm actually hungry, and it's really strange. :laugh:
  • kvandeest
    kvandeest Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Friday fitness: After 3 foot surgeries and physical therapy just ending I am trying to walk a little further without pain in the foot or the knee. I continue to try to do my stretches and hope that my endurance improves. My goal is to walk one more time each day in the halls at school.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    @mowmow I saw the same salad container at Target too, so you might check there! See if it's available online too! I'm sure Amazon would have a good price.

@sarabeth congrats on the deans list! that's awesome! (and welcome!)

@helen you can do it! we have three rules at my house: 1. Be kind 2. Be honest 3. Always do the right thing.
    If something doesn't pass those tests then we need to change it. And I was right where you were. I had a gain and I sure didn't want to change my ticker (at ALL!!) but then I remembered that it's not Honest (and it helps to remember that we're only human and not all super heros at weightloss every day) and it's not the right thing to do...so I had to change mine. I'm rooting for ya honey! You CAN do this.

Whenever I'm having a rough day, I end up remembering this picture 50-fat-diabetic-and-ahead-of-you-tshirt.jpg

Thursday truth: I did my Insanity Day 4(?) workout today and my mother came for a visit for the weekend because my DH just had dental surgery and isn't fit to watch the kids right now (amazing how much a tooth can take ya down!) and she totally kicked my butt at the workout. But I did all 40 minutes again, and gave it my all and it was worth every minute!!
    I love this picture.
  • jtconst
    Options
    Good morning all you lovely people. I have been so yucky all week that to wake up feeling fine and fiesty is an amazing thing. Thank you for all the well wishes they are as always appreciated. Welcome to all the new people i see on here this week. You have found a wonderful place for inspiration and kindness. All this talk of cleaning out and getting rid of has inspired me. I am going to takle my bedroom today which I have ben putting off for way to long. I had a nic NSV this morning. I was puttering around the house after waking up and before getting dressed for the day and realised for the first time in longer then I can remember I couldnt see my tummy sticking out past my chest. Needless to say I was very pleased and had to do a little happy dance there in the middle of the room. Now I am going to take all these happy feeling s and find some breakfast and get this day started. Be safe all and have a wonderful day and dont forget your water :drinker: :drinker:
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    jt - You got me with the water tag - I'm floating!

Butterfly - its good to see you back!

Fitness - today I will be following Angelika's lead and purging my house too - that bug is catching AND inspirational....I have been tossing stuff slowly all week. Mostly purging all those bottles from my "beauty" closet -sprays and lotions that are aging and unused and making nice empty space to enjoy. Also today I see the Eye doctor - it will be interesting to find out if I go to bifocals this year. I have been using the 3X magnifiers for a year and struggling with crosswords and Sudokus even with those! Wish me luck!
  • karenleona
    Options
    Late with my Thursday truth, but here it is. I was envious of my 14year old des last night, who walked 62 minutes on the treadmill. I'm proud of him as we'll, of course, but I know I'd never make it 60 minutes - yet!!!

Friday fitness - I will be running for the 3rd time tonight after work. Again, not so much running as walking with a few bursts of speed. However, everyday my insurance builds and I will be able to run 10k again one day. Other days this week I either walked on the treadmill and I'm starting a weight routine 2days a week next week.

well done!! Start slow and build from there. You will be up to 10 k before you know it!!
  • karenleona
    Options
    friday fitness- went to a cardio boot camp with my much younger and stronger neice this morning. They did a lot of running so i just walked on the spot like i do for my walking dvds. A zillion squats and arm lifts with weights as well as some mat work. I won't be able to move later :laugh: But it was fun to do something different.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    yup, it was not pretty but i survived. Was not as bad for me as i was totally unaware of how sick i was while in hospital in 2010. Very scary for my family tho. Took me nearly a year to 'get over' it....still have a few residual effects but learning to live with them

yikes. that terrifies me, truly. i don't know why but i just have this profound fear of meningitis. thank goodness you recovered. so many people don't.
    4 1/2 years ago I went on a fantastic rafting trip in colorado. Many of us climbed a huge rock and jumped into a deep pool that had eroded next to it. Unfortunately, i missed with one foot and took impact damage to my ankle. Luckily the river was really cold and I iced it for 30 minutes. Another thursday truth, i never went to the doctor to check it out. Actually i haven't been to the doctor in 11 years.

wow, that sounds horribly painful. I was on a rafting trip (in colorado) once and i had a sprained ankle that i'd been slowly healing for about two months. it was really bad. the doctor had told me prior to that point that if it didn't heal soon we might be talking surgery. but it was finally finally doing better. i got thrown from the raft and i don't know if that happened to you on your trip, but there's a vicious undertow. very strong. wrenched my ankle again. sprained. again. i ended up spending six months in physical therapy haha. but that was still an awesome trip. river rafting seems to kind of have that effect. :laugh:
  • jtconst
    Options
    yup, it was not pretty but i survived. Was not as bad for me as i was totally unaware of how sick i was while in hospital in 2010. Very scary for my family tho. Took me nearly a year to 'get over' it....still have a few residual effects but learning to live with them

yikes. that terrifies me, truly. i don't know why but i just have this profound fear of meningitis. thank goodness you recovered. so many people don't.

wow, that sounds horribly painful. I was on a rafting trip (in colorado) once and i had a sprained ankle that i'd been slowly healing for about two months. it was really bad. the doctor had told me prior to that point that if it didn't heal soon we might be talking surgery. but it was finally finally doing better. i got thrown from the raft and i don't know if that happened to you on your trip, but there's a vicious undertow. very strong. wrenched my ankle again. sprained. again. i ended up spending six months in physical therapy haha. but that was still an awesome trip. river rafting seems to kind of have that effect. :laugh:
    I have always wanted to go on a white water rafting trip. Maybe I will tell hubby that I would like that for a reward this summer for all my hard work.:happy:
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Greetings all!

I have been doing my 10 minutes of strength training every day! I have been getting in more steps according to fitbit. I have been over on calories some days but I am going to concentrate on doing better. I am going to the pub for dinner tomorrow before the hockey game, but will try to eat light for breakfast and lunch so I can eat good at the pub.

Robin- good luck at the eye Doctor.

Those ankle stories hurt me just to read them. I did always think that rafting a river might be fun, but it looks a little dangerous.

I’m glad it is Friday! I will try to have an active weekend instead of my sedentary overeating weekend like I seem to have most of the time.

I sent out a couple of links to this thread to some of my male friends on here so hopefully some will give it a try.

Hope you all have a healthy weekend!

Tom
  • BohemianCoast
    BohemianCoast Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness. So here was last week's plan:

Saturday -- 5k parkrun, possibly with my friend, my son and her daughter as well. Might sqeeze in some badminton later. 5k DONE and my son & friends did it too! So that's good.
    Sunday -- Might be walking around the village with wassailers. Not quite sure. And a little run. Er no, a crisp cold sunny day that was perfect for the long run, so I did that. 7+ miles of running, 10.5 miles total. Longest run yet and I feel great.
    Monday -- Hoping to get badminton coaching but that might not happen. If not I'll do the long run today. Did Morris practice instead.
    Tuesday -- long run unless the weather's awful. Nope -- did dance mat in the end.
    Wednesday -- whatever I do must be early because my mum's coming to stay. Badminton club? Nothing! Sat on my tush all day watching the thermometer drop.
    Thursday -- rest day (dinner & a show with Mum) -- did get a little bit of walking going to and from tubes/theatre and so on.
    Friday -- badminton - DONE
    And three strength workouts -- I've done two (Mon & Weds) and might squeeze the third in this evening.

Walking from Hobbiton to Rivendell -- now on day 2 at 43 miles; the Elves have disturbed the Black Rider and the hobbits are walking along with the elves.

OK. So here's a plan for next week:

Saturday -- 5k parkrun but it might be too snowy to run, in which case a 5k walk unless it's cancelled.
    Sunday -- maybe badminton
    Monday -- Morris practice but this is also the most likely day for running based on the weather.
    Tuesday -- Zumba if the weather is still bad
    Wednesday -- badminton club
    Thursday -- a run if possible
    Friday -- badminton

@Kris -- oh, don't worry about one difficult day. It's so dangerous going to the grocery store when you're hungry!
    @Yummyjewels -- welcome!
    @Kristen -- that's a super cute salad container! We have lots of plastic boxes, but we do struggle when, say, part of a lunch needs to be heated through but sides need to be kept cool. And I totally love that photo of the runner. I need a shirt like that.
    @Kelley -- I don't know if it would help you but whenever I do strength training I sleep like a log. The actual workout doesn't really feel very hard at all, but then by 10pm I can't keep my eyes open.
    @Drojen -- 'walking with quick bursts of speed' leads very quickly to 'running with some walking breaks' and then to 'running with only the odd spell of walking'. And yay for looking forward to running!
    @Lin -- but no running, running, running right now because it's snowing, snowing, snowing... :( I'm really missing it.
    @Sherrie -- it's lucky that we get as many do-overs as we need, isn't it? Well done for getting back on the wagon!
    @Tom -- those graphs are good, aren't they? You can really see what's going on.
    @Karen -- I try to run continuously for the first part of my 'long' runs, and then mostly run for the rest of the running part, and then I always put a mile of mostly-walking at the end. And then the next time I do a long run I'm just extending the part that's all running and the part that's mostly-running. 5k feels pretty short now, and I'm sure I can run them a bit faster.
    @Nicole -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Hope you have a brilliant surprise party! You have definitely earned your 40 years!
    @Charlotte -- on exercise, start gradually. Wear a pedometer and try to up your steps a little each week till you get to 10k a day, or get in the habit of taking a 10 minute brisk walk in your lunch break. That sort of thing. Do you work as a nurse? You might be getting 'enough' exercise for your general health just from that. If you're tired and achy from the amount of exercise you get at work that might be enough, and you'd just need to add in some complementary workouts like swimming or weights.
    @Kaye -- gosh, you're doing so brilliantly at the moment! Hope it all goes well for you at your sister's.
    @Kvandeest -- Try not to feel guilty! I do think this notion that some foods are sinful has a lot to answer for. Much better to say 'well, I really enjoyed those peanut M&Ms, and it looks like two handfuls are xxx calories, so that's what I'll log'. And then move on. I made a New York Baked Cheesecake because my mum was coming down. It's *amazingly good*, but the only way I fitted it into my cals was to give in and go over one day, and then have the cheesecake *as my lunch* on another day. And those are small slices! But I'm much happier that I made the cheesecake, which my mum loves and all my family love, and went a few calories over. Over a month, it's not really much.
    @ButterflyWolf -- I don't think I could manage Paleo really given the quantity of dairy in my life. But I'm interested to hear how you get on.
    @ThinkThin -- welcome!
    @Sarabeth -- Welcome back! Dean's List, so awesome! I'm not job hunting, but I was determined to focus on my health while I'm not working, because I think it's very easy to slip into a mode of living where you gradually become one with the couch.
    @PurplePenguin -- Welcome! One big change I've made is to have *smaller* portions of high calorie food, and you know, they're just as good. I'm only short so a lot of regular 'human-sized' portions are really too big for me. I don't tend to throw stuff away; I'm more likely to just ask for a bite from my husband's portion, or cut something in half and wrap it up for another day.
    @Helen -- good luck focusing on your needs, and 32 pounds lost is still fantastic!
    @Rachael -- Love the new photo! I'm not *quite* ready to put a photo on here yet, but soon. Perhaps at 50 pounds? What do you think, chaps? There's a lad at the folk club who takes photos of the floor singers nearly every week, so he's got photos of me all the way through. I could do a progress photo.
    @KarenLeona -- OMG meningitis! (which I guess is what everyone is saying...) I'm glad you came through it ok.
    @Robin -- I went to varifocals last year but I'm not sure the magnifying part of them is quite strong enough.

I'm starting late with the decluttering purge (my excuse is that my mother's been here and then hubby pointed out that my blog's not working properly and when I went to see what was wrong I have opened a giant can of worms...) but I am going to sort out the fridge TONIGHT.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

-- Alison
  • barquilt
    barquilt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @skinny - thanks for giving me encouragement - about the lady on crutches - if she can do it so can I

@ jt - good for you - would have loved to see that happy dance - it's sometimes the little things that keep us going isn't it

@sara - I have a best friend who also doesn't like food & too is overweight. When she became pre-diabetic she went to a nutrtion class & found out she was only eating between 500-800 calories a day but of course it was all snack foods & fast foods. I don't know which is worse to overeat or undereat. Hopefully, here at MFP you will find some pals who are in your situation & get some hints from them.

Friday fitness - I don't have much to report. I just keep doing my strenghing exercises everyday. My 2 videos are unwrapped but I haven't tried them yet. This is a huge weekend for me. Believe it or not, we are just having our family Christmas on Sunday. Because I was down & out, we waited until I felt better. The gathering is here at my place, but I don't have to do much of the cooking. My 2 daughters & DIL are doing that. I get my groceries delivered so I shop online. I only have healthy things in my kitchen so the girls will have to take the leftovers home - except for the turkey.MMMM I'll keep that!

I probably won't be back on until Sunday evening - so I hope everyone has a great weekend. By Sunday it is supposed to turn bitter cold here in MN with the highs not even reaching zero. Guess I shouldn't complain about being housebound, huh?
  • barquilt
    barquilt Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sorry - I said ruth - I meant Sara