Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    :heart:

GOALS and IDEAS for daily posts (Not mandatory)

Monday - Check In (how are you doing? Had any successes or struggles this week-end?)

Tuesday - Goals (do you have any Goals you want to update us?)

Wednesday - Wishes (what do you wish? It can be weight related or not, can be realistic or not)

Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to fess up to or get off your chest?)

Friday - Fitness (what are you doing to get fit? How are you preparing for weekend eating?

Saturday - Success (what have you accomplished; focus on the positive of the week, NSV=non scale victories)

Sunday - Sharing (tell us a little about yourself....update your personal life)

FEBRUARY CHALLENGE:

Pick one behavioral change and repeat for 28 days.

____________________________________________________________________________

:heart:
  • Garetie
    Garetie Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    bump :happy:
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    My advice is you NEED to eat something in the morning, maybe not the second you get up (I know I can't) but have something mid-morning whether its just a container of yogurt - just have something, it will get your metabolism going. Then plan your meals throughout the day (personally I eat 6 times a day) - leave them sitting on your desk at work as a reminder or even set an alarm on your phone. Everyone likes different things but I can suggest big salads with lots of veggies, protein (i.e. tuna, chicken) and nuts for lunch; snacks to include yogurt, fruit, or cheese; dinner to include protein, more veggies (non starchy) and a carb (quinoa, brown rice, sweet potato, etc).

I agree with Kah. I eat 6 times per day. I set up routine and I stick to that routine. I set my phone to alarm @ 9:50, 11:50, and 3:00. I take a 10 minute walk around the work campus and when I come back it's food time. Without fail. Even if I don't have time to walk or things are busy, the alarm reminds me to eat. Also, I NEVER eat right when I get up. THere's just no way I could force food into myself before I'm awake so I bring my breakfast to work and eat it at 8:20 (I know, weird times). My 10 AM snack is usually fruit or vegetable (I often skip this one now that my BS is under control and I have fewer calories than I did) and my 3 PM snack is usually protein like a cheese stick or some homemade meatballs or something.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday!

It's been crazy my whole neighborhood is shut down the President is speaking on gun control a block from my house.

I haven't gotten caught up on all the posts yet but I have done personals on the ones I have.

@Naceto- Prayers out to you...the school situation is bad and to still have the house issue lingering. I know you need peace and protection.
    @Skinny- I am almost sure that is Gunner. He is so cute. Truffel cake I am so jealous :)
    @Desemina- I have been on the Depo shot for almost 16yrs. I stopped for about 2 years to see if my period would come back. It took a year to get all the medicine out my system. It took about a good year to actually get a period too.
    @Kah68- Glad Zoe is better
    @Susan- The new job proposal sounds like it could be a good thing
    @Jumpy- Your kiddos are darling. Thanks for your perspective on the situation. I didn't actually pay his bill just purchased tv and internet in my name because I couldn't trust he would pay the bill being the service got shut off.
  • Desdemina
    Desdemina Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    @walkingqueen Wow, really? I don't think I would mind not having a period for another year, if I didn't get the cramps and bloating!

I love how Robin posted the "move on to the next thread" like 100 times at the end of the last one. Hopefully everyone will notice it! LOL!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    my mantra last evening.....Get out of the kitchen, get out of the kitchen.....so i did not get it as clean as i would have liked but i knew that if i stayed in there the fridge door would magically open and that would be the end.......finished the cleaning this morning :happy:
  • Desdemina
    Desdemina Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    my mantra last evening.....Get out of the kitchen, get out of the kitchen.....so i did not get it as clean as i would have liked but i knew that if i stayed in there the fridge door would magically open and that would be the end.......finished the cleaning this morning :happy:

Oooo! I like that! Can I use it? Sorry, hun, I didn't get the kitchen cleaned. I couldn't go in there! The magic refrigerator would have entrapped me! :)
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,177 Member
    Options
    Hello!! Here we are again.

Time to walk with Leslie........

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • drojen
    drojen Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Quick Monday check in. No real challenges this weekend. I am not a sports person, so there was no Super Bowl anything for me. I will try to catch up posts later when I'm not using the tiny screen of my cell phone
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good Monday morning to you all. I hope everyone enjoyed their superbowl weekend. I had a great time yesterday. I was the babysitter for my neice and nephew so their parents(huge football fans) could go watch the game. We went down to one of the local waterfronts and took a nice long walk and then came home and played wii for a couple hours before having big bowls of homemade chili for dinner. It was a fun and relaxing day. I am getting ready to jump on the wii and do some more today. I had planned to take a walk at a local park after going to watch my other nephew this morning (he has a cold so can't go to daycare) but the one I went to not to far from y house on the lake has all the parking lots closed for the winter. So I will just settle for the wii today and think of something new tomorrow.I had a nice little list of things I wanted to get accomplished today and most of the phone and buisness stuff is done but the housework end is sadly lacking:happy: Ah well the day is not over yet I still have time, yeah right, :laugh: Well as usual I had a couple personals planned out but I have forgotten the names. I have to start writing these down. A warm welcome to our new people and for all of you nothing but good wishes and positive thinking :happy:
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Feb. challenge: avoid diet coke! It's bad for me and makes me feel awful.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Leslie Sansone Walk a mile

Day 1 - done
    Day 2 - not done
    Day 3 - not done
    Day 4 - done!
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,177 Member
    Options
    Leslie - 4 of 4
    Raw walnuts - 4 of 4

COME ON ROBIN - I know you can do this!!!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Monday - Check In (how are you doing? Had any successes or struggles this week-end?)

I'm doing fine. Weekends are always more of a struggle because i'm not as busy. We went out to eat at Applebee's on Sunday. I went in prepared by looking up what i was going to eat and logged it before i got there. Of course they got a appetizer. I asked everyone what they thought was the best choice that i had sitting in front of me and i ate what was the best choice that ended up just eating a little. I ended up staying within my calories for the day and maintained my weight loss the next day, monday. aka today. I feel that was a success that i didn't overeat. I put my focus on conversation with my family instead of on the food, which i have to say was great.
  • rachael726
    rachael726 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I don't have anything other than the feb challenge of not eating chocolate for the whole month.

Today was my first day back and that gym and I did 40 min on the treadmill and 17 on the elliptical. I felt great with a little soreness on my feet. My legs are still a bit sore but not too bad.

Welcome to all the new folks! The people on this board are absolutely the most supportive virtual friends I have ever had :-)

Water tag!!!

Rachael
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Robin- I know you can walk that mile. Just do it in small chunks throughout the day. 10-15 minutes at a time and it will get done. Good job on meeting your goal for 2 days.

jag- Welcome- It is important that you eat throughout the day like everyone has said because you want to keep your blood sugar at a steady level. A high protein breakfast or mid-morning snack would help and get your body recharged. I start my day with egg whites and turkey lunch meat ( I was warned away from the processed Turkey short cuts). With a shake of skim milk and scoop of chocolate whey protein. Another good snack is yogurt with 2 tablespoons of oat bran.

Rachael- great plan to get back into working out slowly. It will be good for your body.

Check in- Today, was a good day and I did make it to the gym. I did my trainers day 1 workout but at a slower pace than he would want but at least I did it. However, I opted not to run all the laps instead I choose to bike that distance after the other exercises. I was winded and I did not want to overdo it tonight. Will most likely rest tomorrow since I am working with my trainer on Wednesday.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Thanks Lin - I do need the encouragement. I felt guilty as sin not getting it done over the w/e at my bf's place. My goal is to increase from once a day to 3 times a day (one mile each time) and then to increase to 2 miles at a time 3 times a day.
    You are an inspiration to me with your exercise commitment and your weight loss and you've done so good whereas I've done so poorly yet we have so many similarities in life. THANKS! :flowerforyou:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I finally caught up with the thread. Welcome to the newbies--hope you made it through the roll-over! :flowerforyou:

Not going to do personals tonight b/c I really need to get some grading done. :grumble:

As far as healthy foods that will help meet higher calorie goals, here are a few suggestions:
    Almonds
    Avocado
    Peanut butter
    Beef
    Bananas
    Sweet potato
    Dark chocolate
    Grapes
    Apples
    Beans
    Brown rice
    Quinoa

Monday Check-in:
    Ate some more trashy food today--colleague brought snacks for her b-day. :frown: However, I went to the gym and made up for the bad choices, so that's something at least. Tonight I will be cooking some tilapia to take for lunch--planning always helps me make better choices.

I'm at 92.5 miles on my TransAmerica trail. Just 4 miles to Ashland, VA. Approaching Tom Bombadill's house on the LOTR trail and just left the Village of Bree on the Hobbit trail. Would like to hit 100 miles this week.

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--gym DONE (weights + elliptical + treadmill)
    Tues--rest day (have to teach an evening ACT class
    Wed--walk gunner + core
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (long run)
    Sun--walk gunner + core

Grading Goals:
    1. x/56 JRP plans (need to hand these back by Wed--YIKES!)
    2. x/16 Vocab quizzes
  • shaqwann
    shaqwann Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am new to the post - hope you have room for one more. I look forward to learning and losing with all of you! My challenge for February is to stay away from chips - one of my weaknesses.