Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Kah and Skinny - I did much digging and came across a roll of self adhesive bandage wrap and its covering my arm right now and shower is done. I have enough left for one more wrap. I've called all the major pharmacies and can find none in town so ordered 4 rolls from Amazon as I see this as my go-to in the future. Thanks for thinking of me!
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'll be back later.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi guys hope all is going well in your worlds. I am finally getting back into my routine which is great as I am very much a creature of habit and routine. I was supposed to have my last appt at the gym today for their 12 week program but my husband broke down in his truck so had to go rescue him instead. Since I didnt get to the gym I stopped at the park on the way home to take a walk and got one lap done an then the thunder and lightning started so that got cut short as well. Oh well I ate pretty good today so no big deal. I hope you are all doing well and having fun and sucess in your endevors. Apparently I cant spell but oh well. Robin I hope your arm gets better soon that prednisone sure does suck.
    Have a great night everyone and c ya tomorrow.:heart::heart: :heart:
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I had my knee replacement 1 week ago today. I am still at the rehab center. They finally got their wifi fixed so I could get on the internet today. I have just spent quite a bit of time trying to catch up with all of you. I won't try to post personals today. I continue to be inspired by all of your struggles and successes.
    My recovery is going really well. The surgery went smoothly and the pain control is working really well this time, thank goodness. I get daily physical therapy. Yesterday I achieved 0 on extension and 91* on flex. So much better than last time at this stage. It has been fun to be here. Most of the staff were here last time I was here and they are all amazed at the weight that I have lost and how much better I am doing.
    Yesterday they weighed me and I am up 12# from my previous low. I'm not stressing about it, because I still have lots of swelling and I don't know how much more the artificial knee weighs than the natural knee. I will wait until I get home on my own scale to readjust my ticker. Then I will get into it again. My meals here are good. I just usually eat about half of what they serve. My family hasn't brought me any snack food, so I am only eating at mealtime. I hope that by the time I get home, I will be back into onederland. I don't want to have to work to get there again.
    I am glad to be in touch again! Kaye
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Robin- Great job with the upper body workouts, 5 lbs is a great way to start. You will be surprised at how your ability to lift those weight increases quickly. Hope the skin heals quickly.

Kaye- Glad you are healing quickly and that PT and pain management are going well. It is great that the staff of the rehab center noticed the difference.

Tina- Great job on the 30DS and for getting your workout in. Keep up the hard work, you are doing great.

Tuesday Goals- To survive this curriculum writing process. It has been a lesson in patience especially with the lack of communication or the different responses that we keep getting. The higher powers that be finally have started to step in and removed the time line that our "leader" imposed on us. That is a plus because we had to keep going back to make the new changes or redo things that another group took out after reading what we did. All because the "leader" did not tell the other group that we were suppose to include the curriculum connections to other contents. Lesson in FRUSTRATIONS>>>>:noway: :explode: :grumble:

Goals for the week
    Sunday- REST DAY DONE
    Monday- Trainer workout DONE
    Tuesday-Rest or core training Weights and walk/jog DONE
    Wednesday REST DAY
    Thursday- Core- 5K
    Friday- Rock
    Saturday- Swimming

Just did the fitness quiz and also came up with crossfit. I do believe it is an advertisement for crossfit, especially with the way the questions are written.
  • Lauriek70
    Options
    Here is an interesting article on Stretching before workouts. It is based on a research studies and I found in in Science News for Kids. Let me know what you think about doing light stretching exercises instead of a full blown warm up.

http://www.sciencenewsforkids.org/2004/05/workouts-does-stretching-help-2/
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @laurie--thanks for sharing the article. It conforms to what my PE teacher friends have told me--you shouldn't stretch cold muscles. I NEVER stretch before working out. I stretch after a workout to help my muscles stay long and lean--I learned at a very young age (as a gymnast) that if you want to avoid that really "thick" athletic build, you need to stretch the muscles after a workout. The 30DS I've been doing also supports this idea. Jillian has us do some warm up moves--including some light cardio--but no static stretching until after the workout.

Also, I agree with you 100% about the wording of those quiz questions--it's hard to pick an answer choice that DOESN'T point to Cross Fit--ah, gotta love internet marketing. :wink: Finally, sorry about your frustrating curriculum writing situation--ugh, it's so annoying when people fail to communicate. :grumble:

@kaye--I'm so happy to hear your surgery went well! It sounds like you are well on your way to a full recovery. :flowerforyou: Any idea how much longer you will stay at the rehab center? Once you get home, do you continue with PT for an extended period?

@tammy--sounds like the universe was conspiring against you today--1st the truck , then the rain--sheesh! Oh well, it happens. :ohwell: Now that the 12 weeks are up does that mean you no longer have a gym? Will you re-up your membership, or use the great outdoors as your "gym" for the summer?

@robin--glad you found the bandages and they seem to be working for you--hope you had a nice evening with your friend. :smile:

AFM- Tomorrow I'm going to visit my friend in Lake Geneva. She took the day off to have her carpets cleaned in the morning, so she invited me to come up in the afternoon. Making my Wednesday Wish early that the weather allows us some pool time--right now the forecast is "iffy." :ohwell: If it ends up raining, we will find something else to do--shopping maybe. I will then spend the night and come back Thursday morning. I may not be on here much tomorrow, so I hope all of your wishes come true. :happy:

Exercise Goals:
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + 30 DS DONE + run or gym NOT DONE but going dancing tonight instead
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + run DONE
    Mon--walk gunner DONE + 30 DS DONE + gym DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + 30 DS DONE
    Wed--walk gunner + swimming
    Thurs--walk gunner + run or gym + 30DS
    Fri--walk gunner + 30 DS
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Bump. Grandkids visiting--busy 'til July 19th. Sorry for being MIA.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Bump. Grandkids visiting--busy 'til July 19th. Sorry for being MIA.

enjoy them!
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Just quick in and out today. I started Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred and my goodness did that make my muscles burn!!! I'm pretty much on all modified moves but I would expect that at my weight.

Tuesday Goal: To eat lower sodium.

@ mommarobb -- geocaching is something I've always wanted to try but never dug into it. Thanks for the website.

@ toots -- my husband is a clothes hoarder. It's all the d@mn t-shirts. He's part of the union at the post office and they get new "pro union" t-shirts at least 3 times a year, then add on the 3-5 concerts he goes to each year and he won't get rid of any of them. I've told him that I'm going to paint a line on the rod and if he crosses it I get to choose what gets tossed. :devil: He already takes more closet space than me.

@ Kelley -- well I took the quiz and came up with Barre, so it's not "totally" fixed to Cross Fit :laugh:

@Robin -- good luck with the gauze and self adhesive bandage wrap. Another thing you could try would be Tegaderm Transparent Dressing (3M makes it). Jacob used it from his road rash from his four wheeler accident and when I look at the directions it says it's used for: Protecting minor woulds, cuts, scrapes, burns, blister and post-surgical incisions. Also a protective cover on reddened or fragil skin. The nice thing is it's clear, not bulky and can be worn until new skin covers the wound surface or up to 7 days. Shower with it on. LOVED IT!!! :love:

@ Kaye -- so glad to hear that everything has gone well for you so far. Hope your recovery goes as well.

Have a great night!!
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Funny about that article I posted yesterday, I took it 3 different ways and came up with crossfit each time. :laugh: In looking at the questions, I think you all are right about the wording!

@Laurie~Thanks for sharing the article, it goes along with what my trainer has always said which is to stretch afterwards. I usually do a slow warm-up for 5-10 minutes before each of my workouts or training sessions, then stretch in the dry sauna afterwards.
    @Kaye~Glad that your surgery went well and that pain management is much better this time around, sounds like you are recovering nicely. Added bonus that the rehab staff noticed all your hard work!
    @Marsha~Enjoy the grands!
    @Tom~I’m terrible about getting rid of things my mom gave to me, I am good about cycling through clothes though. Every time I have to buy a smaller size, I get rid of something. I’m kind of OCD about my closets, etc. and can’t stand clutter so it may be easier for me to get rid of stuff. :tongue:
  • trhjrh06
    trhjrh06 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish::: That I wouldn't have stopped at the store before work this morning and got that muffin and soda :/

I have been getting up and getting my work outs in but food wise this past few days have been bad. I just want to eat and usually I don't give into it, but i Have been. It's frustrating. But at least I am NOT giving up on my workouts. I will get it figured out.

L2 D8 30DS Complete!

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!
    Tina
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Congratulations to the Hawks!

Now that the hockey season is over I’m really going to try harder on snacking less.

Kelley- Amy/Mrs. Morgori wishes that I would become kind of OCD about the closets.

Laurie-I’m going to read the stretching post but have not yet. I need to understand more about stretching; I know it makes my back feel better after stretching it. Thanks for the link!

Kaye- Glad to hear things went well and the pain control and physical therapy are going well!

RobinsEgg- hope that arm heals quickly! I hate the way it takes forever for my diabetic feet to heal after I get a cut on them. I have to try and be very careful not to injure my feet. I do not know how you can prevent damage to your skin. It might be helpful to try and just be more aware of the situation. Be careful! I never go barefoot except in the shower and bed.

Quote of the day; - “The greatest revolution of our generation is the discovery that human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives.” ~William James

Tom
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Laurie - good article on stretching. I'm going to follow that advice and start stretching after my squats.

Grammy - nice to hear from you - :heart: - I know you are loving time with your grandkids!

tih - thanks for the tip about the Tegaderm Dressings - I'll check into them.

Exercise workouts:
    Sunday - 32 squats
    Mon - rest
    Tues - rest
    Weds - 64 squats
    Thurs - 80 squats
    Fri - rest
    Sat - rest ,
    Sun - 80 squats , upper body workout
    Mon - rest
    Tues - rest

Weds wish - that I get my squats in today. I will stick at 80 and concentrate on squatting deeper and lower and holding 2 sec. longer.
  • Sherrielsb
    Sherrielsb Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    At times I hate the internet! I had this lovely post all ready and then it froze up and told me I was no longer connected to the internet. Last week my husband replaced our router but we are still having issues. The computer will be fine and then all of a sudden kick up off line and it will takes anywhere from a few minutes to hours until we can get back on.

SO to briefly catch up-
    Monday- it was a pretty good weekend, my energy levels are good and the detox fog seems to be clearing. I am 1/2 way through a 1 week detox- no caffeine, sugar, refinded carbs, processed, prepackaged, or fast food, also no dairy, gluten etc. All the foods that are considered high allergy indicators. Basically anything yummy I can't eat this week. Lots of fruits and veggies and lean protein, along with this detox shake drink.

Tuesday- Goals- my goal is for Saturday. I am doing a 10K and my goal is to finish in under 1 hour 30 minutes.

Wed- Wish I wish that my energy holds out all day long since I still can't have my Diet Coke. MY 3 year old woke me up at 4 this morning because she wanted some company while she fell back asleep. Little stinker.

Have a great rest of your day, don't forget to increase your water intake as the temps climb. My neck of the woods- Kansas City in under a heat advisory until tomorrow night. Heat indexes expected to be 100-105. Great time for the pool!:drinker:
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    @ toots -- my husband is a clothes hoarder. It's all the d@mn t-shirts. He's part of the union at the post office and they get new "pro union" t-shirts at least 3 times a year, then add on the 3-5 concerts he goes to each year and he won't get rid of any of them. I've told him that I'm going to paint a line on the rod and if he crosses it I get to choose what gets tossed. :devil: He already takes more closet space than me.

that's a great idea haha! he actually has his own side of the closet. it's L shaped and he has one part and i have the other. so i guess i have no excuse to do that lol but i love the idea.
  • Lauriek70
    Options
    I have gotten better about cleaning out my closet but I don't need to share with anyone. However, I need to be better about getting rid my favorite shirts. They still look good on me (not to big yet) but I know they will be way to large on me. I think in the past year or so, I have managed to get rid of about 8 large bags of clothes. It felt good and my closet started to look bare.

Wish- that I get below 200lbs this week. This is doable since I did not gain the typically 10 lbs after that TOM. My weight is hovering at 201 right now and I want to go down another pound or two this week. I just need to workout really hard the next couple of days.

Today, turned into a rest day-just didn't feel like working out due to the heat. I went shopping for running shoes instead. My trainer said that I needed new shoes. Luckily, I have running store right down the street from me where they actually fit shoes to your feet. The only problem is that you end up buying the inserts for the shoes as well. At least I avoided buying the socks as well- did not want to pay $12.00 for a pair of socks.

Question for the Ladies- What types of Sport Bra do you like? I am not considering buying one but I tried a few on today but I did not like the fit completely so not sure what I am looking for. It needs to be cotton because the nylon/silky ones might cause me to itch.

What are we thinking for the July Challenge?
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Had a great session with my trainer tonight, he said he felt like I was getting my glimmer back - had easier time with my back on the squats he had me do and I always love when he throws kettlebells in the mix. :bigsmile: He tried some different kettlebell exercises, so I'm sure I'll feel that tomorrow! He challenged me to an HIIT workout on the stair master, so I will try that tomorrow - Friday is a rest day, so a good hard workout the day before should be good timing.

@Laurie~I always have really good luck with Champion, I'm a D so can't just wear the pull-on kind - these girls need support! :laugh: If you have a Kohl's near you, try shopping there - they have a great selection (just tons of brands, styles and sizes) and always have good sales.
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options

I am quite depressed today due to a continuing skin problem I am having. I have very thin skin on my forearms that tears easily. (this is very much like old peoples skin in nursing homes. Its due to the prednisone I take) Well I tore off a patch of skin a week ago and had to bandage it, and last night as I was changing the band-aid, the band-aid adhesive actually ripped off more skin and left me bleeding profusely and now I have another big patch of skin missing and am afraid to cover it for fear more adhesive will tear more skin off. I'm even afraid to shower as its so raw. I am a hot mess. I am going to a friends house for dinner tonight and I need that shower so I am going to cover it with antiseptic and saran wrap the whole thing I guess.

I shouldn't let this get me down, but I am nevertheless. I look at my arm and I feel like a leper. It look awful.

You are *not* a leper my friend!
    You are suffering from something that's very common - nurses call it "prednisone skin".. you're right, it is from the steroids. Once you get a tear, they definitely are PAINFUL - but if you can get yourself two things (1) non adherent gauze pads and (2) "cohesive" dressing - aka Coban or vet wrap. it sticks to itself, but not to you - perfect for this problem. If you can't find it at the local drugstore - try the pet supply (seriously) vets use it for critters all the time, especially horses!

Tegaderm or Opsite (another brand) are clear adhesive dressings -- good for roadrash, but very very VERY bad for skin tears....

*hugs*
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I am completely addicted to salads. I'm pretty much happy with just salads for dinner lately - they are monsters (but really low calorie):
    Hearts of romaine (4 cups)
    Tyson buffalo chicken tender, chopped
    Loeb's onion crunch
    sundried tomato shreds
    Walden farms dressing (usually creamy bacon)
    fresh avocado (sometimes, for variety)
    maybe a couple of croutons.

Noms! :love: