Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    @Laurie - I love your NSV!! I'm a bit of a clothes *kitten* so when it comes time to really shop I can't wait! I've always been a huge fan of Ann Taylor, but have to find the cheaper versions. I've always leaned toward clean lines aka Audrey Hepburn is so classic. I know school is around the corner, but those kids are lucky to have such a dedicated professional. Plus, I always love see your post about grading papers at Starbucks. It makes me smile for some reason.

@Kelley - Thanks for the info on the protein. Like the rest, I'm always torn where to put my macros. Like Laurie, mine seem to be set around the 40/40/30 as well. As long as I stay close, I don't get too worked up, but do try to get closer on the protein than the carbs. Glad you enjoyed the seminar. It just puts you one step closer to being the champion. You've got this!!!

Susan, I think you are confusing me and laurie, but that's okay; she and I have had our "doppelganger" moments, and I would give anything to be able to scale a rock wall like her!

I was also happy to see you didn't catch my math error on the macros--makes me feel less dumb for making the mistake in the first place. :tongue:

Ooops. . . I guess because I look up to you guys so much and you all bring such a wealth of knowledge. You, Kelly, Laurie, Robin, Mow - take your pick!! You're ALL awesome and so many others too!!
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Ok, preliminary phone interview done. They want to meet in person for a real interview tomorrow evening. She said they'd make their decision by Friday.

The only thing that makes me go HMM is that they've added a new in office move into the description and I have to be able to life 50lbs repetitively.... I asked if that was every DAY or just for this move. She says it's for the move.

Jeez, I better go hunt up two boxes of cat litter and see if I can throw them around together.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Vickie- Glad you are enjoying Zumba.

Kris-I second what Susan said about the interview, that is great advice. Good luck and I hope you get the job.:bigsmile: Lift with your legs and not your back. Squats help with lifting heavy objects.

Susan- Great job swimming for 30 minutes I also enjoy a good swim, it is very relaxing. :drinker: Susan no problem mixing us up we all tend to do similar activities.

Karen- That is a great NSV in shopping for dresses. Congratulations on the smaller size and having that many options to choose from plus going into the Saks 5th outlet.:heart: My bike is black with pink accents. I will post a picture of it when I pick it up on Friday.

Nicole-Great job with keeping up with the yoga, that is the next thing I need to try. Congratulations on getting the job. Way to go, Whoo-hoo, Happy Dance.:drinker: :heart: :flowerforyou:

BJ- I am happy that you are enjoying our thread. Some common abbreviations are NSV (non scale victory), DD (darling daughter), DH (dear husband), bump (Bring up my post) if you are not sure just ask about the alphabet soup of abbreviation.

Holly- Hope you got your wish today and that you get more sleep tonight.

Kelly- The seminar sounded very informative which is great. That was very interesting about the amount of protein we are supposed to eat. That is a lot of protein and I would have trouble meeting that everyday. I spoke to my friend today and I will be planning a trip to TX. We will need to arrange to meet and I will keep you posted on my travel plans.

Kaye- what type of souvenirs are you making?

Robin-It is a small world. You are doing a Great job of adding a new exercise to your routine. You could also try calf raises-you can use a book to stand on the balls of your feet and raise yourself up and down. Just have a place that you can hold to for balance support. A yoga step or a stair also works it just depends on your comfort level- you will feel this exercise in your calf’s and your glut’s (if you have engaged your core muscles.)

Karen- my wish is the same as yours for the next two weeks to go by as slowly as possible. You may want to climb like I do but I want to be able run as far as you and complete those 5K races and obstacles courses.

I wish that the next week and a half goes by slow, since I am not ready to return to work. I am just not ready for the school year to start again.
    Second wish is that we could all meet some place and get to meet in person. This group has become a great group of friends that I enjoy “spending” time with even if it is only via the website. :bigsmile:

It is amazing how many of us have things and activities in common. I can say that all of you who have been running inspired me to try it and now I am starting to enjoy it. Now, you are inspiring me to attempt the 5K races. Two months ago, I really disliked running and now I am starting to enjoy it so thank you for your encouragement.

I had a great swim today but it was challenging to complete the .5-mile. I was still recovering from yesterday workout. Tomorrow will be a rest day.
  • BettyJoCan
    BettyJoCan Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Congrats kah68! That's awesome :)

Have to tell you all - my 9 year old got excited today because he went to hug me around the waist and "his hands touched". I have been a little frustrated the last few weeks, so this really made my day that he is seeing my progress.

Skinny, thanks for the help on the abbreviations!
  • BettyJoCan
    BettyJoCan Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Lauriek70, just saw your post as well - you guys are all awesome! Thanks for your help!
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Naceto - oh so many BIG CONGRATS TO YOU :love: :heart: :drinker:
    Oh - details on the job, please?????

donyellemoniq - welcome to our merry group! Nice job starting 2 fitness classes at your gym!

MowMow - SURE you can LIFT 50 pounds - don't you believe you have angels on your shoulders? Every single person who interviews says "YES" to questions they are iffy about, but they say that YES with CONFIDENCE. because you'll be lifting 50 pounds easily by the day you're having to do the work! YOU GO GET THAT JOB! I believe in you so much! :love: :love: :love:

Laurie - I have selected a Weight Routine that includes calf raises but they kill me right now. I have a weak tendon in my right foot I have to really strengthen, that's why I want to start walking and quit bull ****ing around. I really need to move this body!

I agree with your wish that we could all meet around a big coffee table and meet in person. That would be so great. In pajamas......:wink:

BJCamp - what a great NSV - non scale victory - having your son put his arms around you!

Well,,, .....I have a pitiful story to report - my car :sad: is STILL acting up! The mechanics thought it was fixed, gave it back to me, and its intermittently acting whacky. I'm keeping the car for a while because I have some serious Drs appointments coming up and next week is all about my friend and her husband's surgery. This is the friend who's husband had the brain tumor that is not malignant but is huge and is wrapped around his optic nerve. He is going into the hospital on monday and they are going to operate to stop the blood flow to the tumor. Risky. THen on Thursday 3 surgeons are going to take 8 or more hours to take as much of the brain tumor as they can and spare the eye - risky again. I am going to be baking food and taking it to her house on Weds. for his family who are all coming to town for the second surgery. I really need my car to pull through for all of this. So all prayers for THEM (and for my car) are welcome.
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Naceto - oh so many BIG CONGRATS TO YOU :love: :heart: :drinker:
    Oh - details on the job, please?????

Thanks!! :) It is for a company that makes software for the insurance industry. My official title will be "Technical Account Manager". I will be working with their larger customers, mostly at the executive level (from what I understand), to connect them with the services they need.... from technical support to upgrades. The really cool thing is that I was in the aerospace industry for 7 years, after being in software for several years before that. Aerospace, to be honest, is not for me. I was making less money, and worked with some very angry people. Going back to software means a more supportive work environment, doing what I love. :) It is a real life changer for me. I can definitely feel my inner lioness coming out! :bigsmile:

Good luck with the car.... and I am sending prayers for both that and your friend's hubby. My husband had to have surgery for an abscess on his brain, which was scary enough...so I can imagine a portion of what your friend is going through, and pray for her as well.

Laurie- DEFINITELY do the Yoga... it feels awesome. Today was my fourth class, and though it is still challenging, I don't feel nearly as insecure about it as when I started. It helps that I have an amazing instructor, who encourages us at every pose. Speaking of encouraged... nice to hear about the running... all of you runners inspire me. Some day soon, I will be able to join the ranks. :drinker:

M0wM0w- I "ditto" what RobinsEgg said about lifting 50lbs... YOU are amazing with everything you have accomplished and overcome. 50 lbs is nothing.

Thanks to EVERYONE for your constant support and encouragement.... as well as the congrats for the job. I am truly blessed to have found this group. :flowerforyou:
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Was on track today and got in lots of exercise as I went shopping with my best friend. Also put on my tennis shoes and walked after dinner which was a goal of mine. I am leaving for Florida Friday, so will probably get a lot of exercise in there, although we are taking the Mega Bus down and that's quite a lot of sitting. That's two days of walking. Still having problem getting my water in for the day.

My Wednesday wish is to get relief from the constant GERD that I am suffering from. Nothing seems to help it and it keeps me awake at night. Last night I took Ionic Magnesium in Cherry juice and that seemed to help a little. I slept more than I normally do but not a deep sleep. I had a Sleep study done and I don't have Sleep Apnea, but my fitbit shows that I toss & turn most of the night sometimes moving over 100 times. Sleeping pills helps some but not all the time and leave me with a hangover. They can't find a reason for it and the meds dont help

MyMow - I'm crossing my finger that you get the job. If this is where you belong, I have no doubt you will end up there.

BJ - That's wonderful about your son. You should be very proud of yourself

Robin - Sorry to hear about your friend and hope your car holds out. My prayers are with your friend and your car. When I bought my car, a friend gave me a prayer for the car and it has lasted 9 years w/only minor repairs. But now, the mechanic says it needs a new transmission, but with 185000 miles I dont want to put a transmission in

Naceto - Congrats on the job and the weight loss. You Rock!!

Toots - Hope your hubby gets well soon and that his health overall improves

To all other: Best wishes on your journey
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @nicole--so happy you got the job--that sounds like a great change for you!! :flowerforyou:

@robin--sorry to hear your car troubles are ongoing. :grumble: I hope it holds up for you these next couple of weeks while you are there for your friends.

@bj--THAT is a great NSV!!! :drinker:

@laurie--you are well on your way to running as far as me! I love your second wish--I also would love to meet everyone of you guys. You know how cruise lines offer those themed cruises? I've often thought it would be genius for them to do an "MFP Cruise." It could be for MFP users and could feature healthy food and drink options along with lots of fitness related activities. Then we could all book at the same time and meet each other. I guess we could all hang out in our pajamas to fulfill robin's vision as well. :laugh:

@kris--ditto what everyone else said. You will be fine lifting the 50 lbs. Go get 'em tomorrow!! :flowerforyou:

AFM--I met some friends for lunch at a really great restaurant called Seasons 52. Every lunch item is under 475 calories. I had a fig and goat cheese flatbread and it was delicious! Of course, I also had a super berry martini and one of their little shot glass desserts, but such is life. :ohwell: I would have been fine with calories if it weren't my rest day, and I really didn't want to change that since my race is tomorrow.
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Congrats kah68! That's awesome :)

Have to tell you all - my 9 year old got excited today because he went to hug me around the waist and "his hands touched". I have been a little frustrated the last few weeks, so this really made my day that he is seeing my progress.

Skinny, thanks for the help on the abbreviations!

Terrific NSV!!! Isn't it a great feeling? :)
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    The souveniers that we made are nice. My grandmother was blind. In a box of things that my mother had saved, I found 2 or 3 hundred cancelled checks that she had signed. Some of them were better than others, but I cut the signatures from the checks, and with lots of help from DD and my sister we made 100 4x6 cards with Grandma's autograph. They are 3 layer with a dark card stock on back, a scallop-cut print in the middle, and a lighter color on top. They have a sale each year to cover the costs incurred in the reunion, and these will be our contribution.
    Today I received very disturbing news that my 18-year-old nephew has a massive blood clot in his leg. It has completely blocked the circulation in his leg. They put in a sieve to keep clots from getting to his heart and lungs, and have put some kind of drip-line into the back of his leg to dissolve the clot as quickly as possible. There is no apparent reason for the clot. He obviously has the blood clotting factor that is in the family. He will be in intensive care for awhile.
    Congratulations on the new job! And good luck on the job interview.
    Have a great evening. Kaye
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Wednesday wish.... PATIENCE...:grumble:
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Wednesday Wish: My dear friend battling colon/liver/lung cancer will miraculously be healed and go into remission. My heart is breaking for some of my closest friends.

prayers for them. so many sick people right now. i don't even mean my family. i just know so many people with family and friends battling horrible illnesses. :(
    Well, my Wednesday wish already came true.... I got the job!!! YAY!! I am so incredibly excited. I took a huge risk and by golly, it paid off! :bigsmile:

woot
    Ok, preliminary phone interview done. They want to meet in person for a real interview tomorrow evening. She said they'd make their decision by Friday.

one round down, one to go!

that's a fab NSV!
    This is the friend who's husband had the brain tumor that is not malignant but is huge and is wrapped around his optic nerve. He is going into the hospital on monday and they are going to operate to stop the blood flow to the tumor. Risky. THen on Thursday 3 surgeons are going to take 8 or more hours to take as much of the brain tumor as they can and spare the eye - risky again.

prayers for them too. sigh. seriously, the world is heavy with illness right now. i have a dear friend whose husband had surgery on a brain tumor last tuesday. he's still the hospital. they had hoped he'd be released tomorrow but he still can't walk right so he'll need PT before he can be released. his is cancerous though so even when he's out he'll be on to radiation. i'll be thinking of your friend and crossing fingers all goes well.
    Today I received very disturbing news that my 18-year-old nephew has a massive blood clot in his leg. It has completely blocked the circulation in his leg. They put in a sieve to keep clots from getting to his heart and lungs, and have put some kind of drip-line into the back of his leg to dissolve the clot as quickly as possible. There is no apparent reason for the clot. He obviously has the blood clotting factor that is in the family. He will be in intensive care for awhile.

yikes! i've spent entirely too much time in the ICU lately, but i know they do great things. he's in good hands. prayers for your family that he recovers quickly and is back on his feet in no time.
  • lustergirl
    lustergirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone. Today is my break day from exercise but will get in some walking on my breaks at work. After work yesterday I headed straight to the gym to work on my c25k program then I took body combat. I was dying and so tired. But I made it through but didn't put my full effort into it. That's what happens when it is your 5th day straight at the gym with doing classes and trying to strength train and job in between. My body is so sore, especially my knees but I will accept because it is a good hurt.

Thursday wish: Patience with the people at work.

Lisa
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @BJ~What a great NSV!

@Nicole~The job sounds great, I’m so happy for you!

@Robin~I’m so sorry for your continued car issues, I hope that it lasts and they get it figured out soon. Keeping your friends in my thoughts and prayers.

@Katrena~I’m sorry for your sleep issues, I have insomnia so can relate. I actually take a rx sleep aid and melatonin, it seems to be the right combo. Now if only someone could convince Zoe to stop biting my toes at 2am because she wants attention! :laugh: Have you talked to your doctor about the GERD or tried Prilosec? You may need to be on medication, prolonged GERD can actually erode your esophagus so you may want to talk with your doctor. I hope you find relief for both soon.

@Karen~An MFP cruise sounds fabulous, maybe we need to suggest it! :wink: There is a Seasons 52 here, but I’ve never been – your lunch sounded delish!

@Kaye~Sorry to hear about your nephew, prayers that he has a speedy recovery.

@Toots~I agree, there seems to be entirely too much serious illness and cancer in the world right now. A very good friend of mine is battling a stage 3 cancer diagnosis, had surgery a few weeks ago and was in the hospital with complications over the weekend. She’s home now but starts chemo next week.

Funny story about running. The weight loss coach asked my trainer yesterday why I run (she saw me doing drills and as a trainer hates to run I guess). She figured it would bother my joints, etc. He told her “it does, but she’s a runner. Did you ever try and stop a runner from running when it’s what they love to do?” He brags on me quite a bit, but I like it when he stands up for me too.

AFM~I feel like it’s been a really good week, I scale hopped this morning and it looks promising for a decent loss this week. I talked to my grandmother last night, she was SO happy to hear from me. I didn’t want to keep her long, but she was really in the mood to talk – love it when we have conversations like that. I’ll see her in a week, she and I cannot wait! She did give me some disturbing news, my cousin visited her a few days ago and she said he was really heavy. When I saw him at Thanksgiving he looked like he had gained 75-100#, well now both my grandmother and uncle are saying he’s doubled that or worse since then. He’s 31 with no goals, he IS working on his associates degree but doesn’t work and lives with his mom. It just breaks my heart that he doesn’t want more out of life and doesn’t love himself enough to get healthy. He was in the Army and was in terrific shape then, it’s just a shame.

In a few days it will be a year since I started posting on this thread and I, too, am so grateful to have found you all. It would be so awesome if we could meet in person some time, great wish Laurie!

Exercise Goals:

Sunday~Training DONE! :bigsmile:
    Monday~HIIT on Elliptical DONE! :bigsmile:
    Tuesday~Short workout of running drills & seminar at Gym DONE! :bigsmile:
    Wednesday~Training DONE! :bigsmile:
    Thursday~Lighter workout on Arc Trainer
    Friday~Much needed rest day!
    Saturday~HIIT and running drills

Have a fab day!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @kelley--I knew YOU would love my cruise idea! :wink: That's great what your trainer said about runners--and so true! Last spring when I had my torn meniscus, I asked my PT if I could continue to run since it didn't hurt during the running. She looked at me and said, "if it doesn't hurt while you run, you're going to run, so I won't tell you not to--just make sure you're doing your PT every day." I hope your scale cooperates this week, mine has been very fickle lately. :ohwell: I would highly recommend trying Seasons 52--the dinners (and even lunch entrees) looked a little bit pricey, but there were plenty of lunch options for less as well.

@luster--enjoy your rest day.

@kaye--the souvenirs sound wonderful!! Hope your nephew mends quickly.

@katrena--have fun in Florida!

Thursday Truth:
    I'm always nervous before a race b/c I want to beat my previous PR. However, I haven't seen a lot of progress in my pace lately. I know so many other people on MFP and ITRL who started running after me and are now faster. It doesn't usually bother me b/c most of them are either half my age, or running is their only form of exercise; whereas I like to mix things up and do other forms of cardio along with strength training. I know if I dedicated ALL of my exercise time to running, I'd be a lot faster, but that's not really my goal--UNTIL race day, then I want to magically be a speed demon. :ohwell:

Exercise Goals:
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + Rugged Maniac!!! DONE!!!!
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Mon--walk gunner DONE TWICE + (rest day)
    Tues--run outside (w/ gunner) DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + (rest day)
    Thurs--walk gunner + Terrapin 5k
    Fri--walk gunner (rest day)
  • LisaEngle2014
    LisaEngle2014 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Are you accepting new people to this thread? I would love to join in.
  • sirtxt
    sirtxt Posts: 39
    Options
    Good Morning All,

My Thursday Truth...

I have to confess that I am still hoping that they will invent a microwave I can stand really close to and melt my love handles - LOL
    I hope that helped everyone smile - I enjoy humor and I am a bit delirious with the Dallas heat. I dont think even Scarlett Ohara could of put up with this heat under a magnolia tree and a BIG mint julep drink!!! LOL

Ok, I am rambling... I have to confess that I have a serious case of "I want all this weight off NOW". I know it took me years of slowly putting it on and why should I expect it to come off any quicker. sigh : (

Congrats on everyones good news!!!!

John
  • AnnaMW2013
    AnnaMW2013 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    HI all! Back from vacation and in the whirl wind that is two weeks before school starts (less than that now, AHHH). I have a lot of catching up to do but first I need to vent.
    I gained 7 pounds on vacation. I know I ate horribly but I kept active too. and considering how slowly the weight has been coming off all summer. I may be back to the previous weight by Dec. UGH. I go to my Dr next week so I am going to talk to her about it. I kinda wonder about my thyroid.
    I've been tracking food intake all summer (excluding a week in Minnesota and a week in Michigan), have been exercising regularly and barely 5 pounds lost. This is irritating.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I hope ya'll are gearing up to have a great Thursday. I agree with Toots that there seems to be so much serious illness going around right now. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you and your loved ones. Robin I hope your car cooperates and quits acting up on you. Skinny I know you will have a great race today. Get out there and have a great time. Nicole super congrats on the job. I hope it is much better then your last one. MowMow you can totally go in there with confidence about the heavy lifting. Especailly if it is just for a move. You really deserve this job so get in there and let them know it:happy: I would love to go on a cruise of any kind but cant seem to convince my husband (engineer on a fishing boat) that sailing around on a big boat is a vacation anymore:laugh: My truth for this Thursday is that I seem to really be struggling lately with this journey. I was doing really well and everything was becoming habit and then after getting away from it for a little while I just cant seem to get back with any consistency. I know I am the only one who can change this so here we go try try trying again:tongue: Have a great day everyone. Make the most of every moment because they wont come again :heart: :heart: