Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    I couldn't wait til tomorrow to weigh - I felt "frisky" and light this morning so I weighed and I'm down 2.5 lbs- WOOT!!! I'm now officially at my "new bra" weight - so bra shopping is now on my list of things to do! (Sorry men folk, avert your brains!)

Naceto - your new job sounds like a perfect fit for you - I hope it has perks like health insurance - that would be perfect - and I'm so glad you're enjoying the Yoga classes!

KJeffries - I hope you get relief for your GERD soon. Its a troublesome disease. Enjoy your trip and do remember to keep hydrated while your on the move...

Kaye - the souvenirs sound so lovely - I'd buy one for sure. I treasure an old post card that was from an aunt I loved...just because of her elegant handwriting on it. I've thought of taking it to a Kinkos and having it blown up and framing it.
    I'm praying for your nephew that his clot disappears quickly - such a scare for a young man!

Vicki - patience - I'm hoping comes your way! :flowerforyou:

Toots - sepsis is so serious - you must have spent an awful lot of time in Intensive care and not mentioned a peep to us. Praying for your hubby and you too.

Lustergirl - your workouts sound like it might be too many days a week - how many days are you doing? Are you getting a rest day in there somewhere to rest your muscles?
    Also - hope you find patience with your co-workers!

Kah - congratulations on one year with this thread - you have been a wonderful participant and I know everyone here loves you!

Skinny - I wish you the best in your upcoming Terrapin 5k race - I know you'll surpass your own goals!

LHall - yes we are always accepting new members- this is an open thread - Love to have you join us. Welcome!

John - Great jokes this am! I LOVE to start the day with a laugh so thank you!

Anna - vacations are the pits as far as regaining weight - I notice I don't gain ON vacation - its the next few days after I get back that are killer to me. Just be thankful for the 4 lbs you've KEPT OFF on your journey to a NEW YOU!!! Think about what happened and try and look at your food log if you can and analyze where you went wrong so you can avoid it next time. Exercise isn't enough, you still have to stay under your calories.
  • AurraSing23
    Options
    Just been lurking...

My truth for today--my mental state has takn a dive. (I came back from vacation and have been feeling really good--focusing on the positive, and feeling confident. I had attended the Mary Kay Seminar in Dallas and returned home truly inspired about my business and life in general.) Then between yesterday and today, I just had a bunch of relationship stuff happen--but the readers digest version is that a bunch of the stuff related to my divorce a few years ago has come back--I took the high road with my ex rather treat him as he deserved and now I'm feeling punished for it. *sigh*

Trying to overcome.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @aurra--sorry you are feeling down. I believe in most circumstances taking the high road pays off in the end--it stinks that you aren't seeing that result right now.

@robin--have fun shopping for the girls. :laugh:

@tammy--the only way to get back into it is to force yourself to do it for a couple of days. The good news is, you will fall back into the habits much more easily this time around than the first time you were working to establish those healthy habits.

@anna--I took a peek at your diary and it's hard to tell what the problem is. You have a lot of days that are right at your calorie goal (including eating back exercise calories), but then you also have plenty of days with a LOT of calories left. That makes it really hard to tell if you're eating too much (and need to adjust your goal down) or too little (and need to eat closer to goal). Maybe you can look at reports--run your net calorie report--to see if your weight losses seem to come after periods of more or less calories. If the reports don't give a clear picture, maybe try to be more consistently at goal (including eating back exercise calories so your NET is consistent) for a few weeks. If the scale doesn't move, you can then lower your daily calorie goal by 100 calories and try a few weeks at that level. Sadly it can take some time, but trial and error is often the only way to figure out the "sweet spot" that allows you to drop weight at a healthy, consistent rate.

@john--as much as we all want the weight off now, we also know quick weight loss is rarely permanent. :ohwell: Patience, Grasshopper.

@lhall--welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • AnnaMW2013
    AnnaMW2013 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    @skinnyjeans- The calories are so off because I adjusted the calories up from a 2 pound a week loss to a 1 pound a week loss after almost 2 months and about 5 pounds to show. I haven't seen much movement with weight loss with either way.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Anna~It is frustrating when we gain that kind of weight while on vacation. Did you have much booze? If you did and didn’t track it, it most likely put you over in calories each day. Also, I glanced at your diary and you have carbs set really high. Personally, I cannot have a lot of carbs (my macros are set for only 30% carbs) – you may consider altering your carbs and see if it makes a difference. I know it’s hard not to eat out while on vacation, but that could have added to the weight gain – it could be temporary from excess sodium. As Karen suggested too, it takes “trial and error” to find the sweet spot where you lose consistently or even how you distribute your foods (i.e. I don’t eat any carbs for b’fast 90% of the time). Play around with things a bit – add more veggies, lower carbs, etc. and see how your body responds. Remember that weight loss is 80% food and 20% exercise, so it’s important to stay within your macros 80% of the time. You’ll get there, just play around a little. Hang in there.

@Robin~Aw, thanks! :blushing: Awesome loss this week, enjoy the shopping – you deserve it!

A year ago today I was on a plane to Alaska - its going to be 105 today, why didn't I plan another vacation in a cool climate?!
  • AnnaMW2013
    AnnaMW2013 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks Kah- I had the protein upped and carbs down. I'm not sure how it bumped back to the original MFP macros. It's switched back now! I had a maybe a drink a night on vacation and waaaay more sugar than I'm used to and carb overload that I know. I didn't track food intake on vacation but I knew I wasn't eating horribly and didn't. I've been doing no carb for breakfast for most of the summer. I think I just need to keep plugging away and adjusting things. It's just hard when I see other people hitting their sweet spot and dropping weight when I struggle so much.
  • lustergirl
    lustergirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Robin: You are probably right. I have been hitting the gym alot lately. I went last Saturday til yesterday, five days in a row. I am exhausted but it seems like I am addicted to it. I guess there are way worser things to be addicted to than exercise. I am resting for two days.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Thanks Kah- I had the protein upped and carbs down. I'm not sure how it bumped back to the original MFP macros. It's switched back now! I had a maybe a drink a night on vacation and waaaay more sugar than I'm used to and carb overload that I know. I didn't track food intake on vacation but I knew I wasn't eating horribly and didn't. I've been doing no carb for breakfast for most of the summer. I think I just need to keep plugging away and adjusting things. It's just hard when I see other people hitting their sweet spot and dropping weight when I struggle so much.

Anna - I struggled so much trying to find my sweet spot. I was all over the map and couldn't lose weight - not one pound for months and months. Medication played a part in it for me. I finally found what worked for me (a high protein breakfast with fat (!) content, that I eat late in the morning, a high protein, high fiber bar around 4 pm, and another high protein meal around 6 pm, then snacks at 9 pm and 11 pm. Its a strange schedule for most people, but it fits my schedule perfectly, and I'm finally dropping 1-2 lbs a week at 1275 cal a day, I do eat back part of my exercise cal. but not all.

I hope you have LOTS of patience, it will take you time to get ALL your foods in your data base - then its so easy to log your foods and drinks. When I want to have wine in the evening, I know I have to give up my snacks and part of my dinner, but its worth the sacrifice.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Ana - I can relate. I found my 'sweet spot' @ 135 carbs per day and a LOT of protein but I can't do that anymore. Now I'm almost 200 carbs per day and low protein and haven't lost a POUND in a ages. It makes me hungry to eat that many carbs, it makes me retain water, and it frustrates the living carp out of me.

Just keep juggling numbers, but remember to give that 'juggle' a chance to work. If you are changing every two weeks you may jump right over it. Give it a good month. Then if you don't start losing or feeling a difference change it up.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Toots - sepsis is so serious - you must have spent an awful lot of time in Intensive care and not mentioned a peep to us. Praying for your hubby and you too.

Actually he was only in the ICU for 30 hours. So, less than two days. But that would not be normal. In this case it was an interesting situation that involved the chief of staff and some other factors. The hospital he was out is experiencing an outbreak of MRSA, which, if you don't know, if an antibiotic resistant strain of strep which is very often fatal to people who are already sick, but sadly, the only people who catch are people who are already sick. Usually those who are in the hospital. After he had a five complete rounds of IV antibiotics there was some talk about getting him out of the hospital before he got MRSA because we live in the same house as my sister who is a case manager nurse for the same hospital system as we were in. So they did more white blood cell counts and decided he was safer being released into my sister's care and then coming back for one more IV of antibiotic in ten hours, which we already did, then he was at the hospital exposed to all the MRSA. So really he wasn't there nearly as long as most people would be. But he hasn't left the house in a week, since he was released. So he's kind of just doing what he would do at the hospital at home instead.

Are you accepting new people to this thread? I would love to join in.

new people are always welcome! hello!
  • kah68
    Options

Anytime you go in and adjust your calorie goals, MFP automatically adjusts your other macro’s – I always have to double check. I have hypothyroidism and have had adrenal fatigue in the past, it has taken me playing around with a lot of things (foods included) to find what works for me and it’s a program that I am constantly tweaking based on additional research (I read and research A LOT) and what my doctor and trainer suggests. There are so many things that affect our success on the scale – first and foremost its being committed and trusting the process. Other things can affect it too, such as health issues, stress or sleep. Remember, it isn’t one-size fits all – be patient and play around a little, you’ll find your “sweet spot.” Karen, Robin and Kris are right on the money with their advice also...
  • kah68
    Options
    I know we've had people mentioning in the past about trying one of these high intensity exercise programs (i.e. P90X, Insanity) out of the gate. Most of us are pretty active now but I read this article today that was eye-opening, so wanted to share...

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/p90x-high-intensity-workouts-carry-risks-rewards/story?id=19896015
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    ****Waring my Thursday Truth is kid of heart breaking and sad****

As I journey through counseling to work on me. I ended up in a position of standing up for myself to my ex last night in which he put me in choke hold. I am okay and yes I called the police but never thought that someone who claimed to love you at one point would harm you like that. Needless to say I have resorted to comforting myself with food and tv.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options

As I journey through counseling to work on me. I ended up in a position of standing up for myself to my ex last night in which he put me in choke hold. I am okay and yes I called the police but never thought that someone who claimed to love you at one point would harm you like that. Needless to say I have resorted to comforting myself with food and tv.

Queen - you absolutely needed that comfort last night, have no regrets for that. I am so sorry for what your ex put you through and I hope you prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law and your personal strength. I was choked by my ex -there weren't enough bruises for assault and battery but I got him on reduced charges and I went with that - he was drunk and got 6 weeks of mandatory alcoholic anonymous classes. Anything is better than getting off scott free. I hope for your personal growth this is the last time you see him (except in court) and you do NOT blame yourself for this incident. He is a brute and showed his true colors when he saw your true strength.
  • pennyfeather
    Options
    Hi. I went to the Dr. last Monday, and discovered that I am 100 pounds over weight. SHOCKING, considering just 5 years ago I was running 1/2 Marathons. I am looking forward to making slow and steady changes for the better.
  • sirtxt
    sirtxt Posts: 39
    Options

Queen,

You need to pamper yourself!!! I think I am the only guy on here. I wanted to share that there are taser guns now that look like lipstick cases, flashlights and even iphones. They run about $35. I got one for my sister when her husband was deployed overseas. Here is the url

http://www.thehomesecuritysuperstore.com/stun-guns-for-women-stun-guns-gaw-sub=137?gclid=CLXV0szE7rgCFY3m7Aod6joApw

John
  • MyM0wM0w
    Options
    Queen - I wouldn't stress the food and TV at all after that! I'd be cuddled up in bed hiding under my cats and eating chips/dip!
    I'm so sorry you had to deal with that *kitten* again and it came to such an end. From now on if you have to deal with him, DEMAND it be in a PUBLIC place and have someone with you (as well as the taser SirTxt mentioned!).
  • MyM0wM0w
    Options
    Welcome Penny!

Second interview scheduled (face to face) for 4:15. Yikes, I don't even have time to go home and put on something nicer. Thank goodness I carry my makeup bag around with me. I can at least tidy my face/hair..... Still wearing my big clunky sneakers for the borked foot too... /sigh
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options

like mowmow i was going to say demand a public place too. good for you calling the cops. too many people don't take action against people they have old entanglements with.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options

like mowmow i was going to say demand a public place too. good for you calling the cops. too many people don't take action against people they have old entanglements with.

Ditto that, And since he assaulted you I would ask the courts for a protection order so that he can't come near you, your son, or your home....I am so glad you are in counselling and please don't feel bad if you have to have some snacks again tonight to calm your nerves. BIG HUGS!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: