Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

@Alupnisk~Like Karen and Robin said, it’s hard to know without having some other information. I can say that if you are really active, your calories do seem too low – you may need to add in some more protein. As strange as it sounds we need to eat to lose weight. Are you using TDEE or MFP recommendations for your calories? In your profile, do you have MFP set up to adjust your calories based on the activity your Fitbit records?

@Michelle~I’m sorry you’re going through a rough patch and feeling blue, hope you are feeling better today. Similar to what Karen said, cardio drills such as 30 minutes of HIIT (high intensity interval training) burns a ton of fat/calories as does an hour of walking at a moderate pace. If you are looking for maximum caloric burn in less time, HIIT is the way to go. Karen talked about “zone” training, which is how I work out. The only reason I do is because I’ve had active metabolic assessments done and I know what zones I need to work out in to burn more fat, so for me it works – its twofold me as well, because I’m trying to improve endurance levels so I can run longer distances. It’s not for everyone, though – it depends on your goals. I have a dream of running a marathon someday.

@Laurie~Glad your dad is settled at the rehab center, any idea how long they’ll hold on to him?

@Susan~I’m about 80% Paleo/Primal and have had that recipe saved for a while, may finally make that this weekend. Great pics of you and Cyrus at the color run!

@Nettie~What about a pumpkin soup?

@ nzenczak~When I first started, I would buy myself new earrings or a new cookbook every 5-10 pounds. You should see my cookbook collection! :laugh:

@Gorilla~I love when my workouts give me “shaky leg syndrome” walking down the stairs afterwards! :laugh: Hooray for no 5am workouts for awhile.

@Tammy~What kind of protein powder did you use? Some foam or thicken more than others. You may need to add some water or milk to thin it out a little.

@Holly~I’m sorry about the car problems, so frustrating. Nothing I hate worse than having to spend money on car repairs (oh and the crown I’m having replaced next week)! :mad:

AFM~No new goals, just to keep trucking along and challenging myself, hopefully in another few weeks things will calm down at work and I can add workouts back in on Tues/Thurs.

Exercise Goals:

Monday~Gym, HIIT on arc trainer DONE! :bigsmile:
    Tuesday~Rest Day
    Wednesday~Gym, training session
    Thursday~Rest Day
    Friday~Off work, not sure yet – maybe meet trainer for walk/run
    Saturday~Gym or long walk
    Sunday~Gym, training session
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    @ Nettie – I don’t have anything specific outside of the muffins, pies, etc. . . I was curious so I did a little digging as well. If you check out Cooking Light, they offered the following as a full Thanksgiving menu. Go to their website and check it out. I love mushrooms so the strudel looked divine! I did find a lasagna recipe that looked good and easy enough, which I posted below. I love Butternut Squash so I would definitely make a soup. I found this Ginger Pumpkin Butternut Squash Soup that sounded really nice and thick. Also, it may not sound good for Thanksgiving, but Hungry Girl (who I love her daily e-mails) had Pumpkin Enchiladas. Yum!! Enjoy!!!

Vegetarian Thanksgiving Menu
    • Marinated Lentil Salad
    • Mushroom and Carmelized-Shallot Strudel
    • Sweet Potato and Apple Gratin
    • Creamy Mashed Potatoes with Chives
    • Cranberry, Pear, and Ginger Relish
    • Herb and Onion Wheat Biscuits

Vegetarian Pumpkin Lasagna
    Ingredients:
    • 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
    • 1 small onion, chopped
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
    • 2 teaspoons olive oil
    • 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
    • 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
    • 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
    • dash pepper, to taste
    • 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
    • 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
    • 1 cup (4 ounces) mozzarella cheese, shredded
    • 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded

Preparation:
    - Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and prepare a 11 x 7 inch baking dish by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
    - Saute the mushrooms, onion and 1/4 teaspoon salt in two teaspoons of olive oil until soft, then set them aside.
    - In a small bowl, make a pumpkin sauce by combining the pumpkin, half-and-half, sage, pepper and remaining salt.
    - Spread 1/2 cup pumpkin sauce in the prepared baking dish. Top the pumpkin sauce with three noodles.
    - Next, place another layer of the pumpkin sauce on top of the noodles; about a half a cup. Be sure to spread the sauce to cover the edges of the noodles well.
    - Next, top the pumpkin sauce with about half of the mushroom and onion mixture, then half of the ricotta cheese, half of the mozzarella cheese and about a third of the Parmesan cheese. Repeat with another layer of noodles, sauce, mushrooms and then the cheeses. Top off the lasagna with the remaining noodles and sauce. You should still have a third of the Parmesan cheese reserved.
    - Cover the lasagna with a lid or a layer of foil and baked in the oven for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, uncover, and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese.
    - Bake, uncovered, for another ten to fifteen minutes, or until the cheese is well melted.
    - Let your pumpkin lasagna stand for at least 10 minutes before slicing.

Servings - 6

Nutritional information:
    Yield: 6 servings. Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 310 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 497 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 17 g protein.

Ginger Pumpkin Butternut Squash Soup
    vegan, makes about 6 cups

GingerPumpkinButternutSquashSoup_zps51dac2cf.jpg

1 cup canned organic pumpkin (or use fresh roasted if you have on hand)
    4 cups butternut squash cubes
    1 Tbsp ginger powder
    1/3 cup grade B maple syrup
    2 Tbsp vegan buttery spread (add more for a richer, more buttery soup)
    1/2 tsp pink sea salt
    1/4 tsp cinnamon
    4 leaves fresh sage, torn
    1/2 cup+ plain soy milk (or other non-dairy milk)

To Make:

1. Add 4 cups of water to a large pot. Bring to boil. Add in butternut squash cubes and a pinch of salt. Boil until squash is tender - but not falling apart.

2. Drain the squash and add to a Vitamix or high speed blender. Add in the pumpkin, spices, and all the remaining ingredients. For the soy, start with 1/2 cup and keep adding until your soup reaches your desired thickness.

3. Blend. Serve immediately - warm. Or you can simmer on the stove until ready to serve. Garnish with fresh sage leaves.

Surprise, It's Pumpkin! Enchiladas

PumpkinEnchiladas_zps98608cdf.jpg

PER SERVING (1 enchilada): 188 calories, 2g fat, 948mg sodium, 31g carbs, 5g fiber, 8g sugars, 10.5g protein
    PointsPlus® value 4*

This wacky-sounding recipe was born after we accidentally used leftover pumpkin in place of refried beans. But it tasted FANTASTIC, so we perfected it, and now we're passing it on!

Ingredients:
    2 medium-large corn tortillas (like Mission Super Size)
    3/4 cup enchilada sauce, divided
    2/3 cup canned pure pumpkin
    1/3 cup chopped onion
    1/4 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
    1 slice fat-free cheddar cheese, halved
    1 1/2 tbsp. taco sauce
    1 tsp. dry taco seasoning mix
    Optional: salt, black pepper, fat-free sour cream, chopped scallions

Directions:
    - Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
    - Bring a pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat on the stove. Add onion and, stirring occasionally, cook until it begins to brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl.
    - Add pumpkin, taco sauce, and taco seasoning to the bowl. Mix well. If you like, season to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
    - Spray a small baking dish with nonstick spray and set aside. Warm tortillas slightly in the microwave.
    - Lay tortillas flat on a clean, dry surface. Spread 2 tbsp. enchilada sauce onto each one. Place a half-slice of cheese in the center of each tortilla. Evenly distribute the pumpkin mixture between the centers of the tortillas.
    - Wrap tortillas up tightly and place them in the baking dish with the seam sides down. Cover with remaining 1/2 cup enchilada sauce.
    - Bake in the oven for about 8 minutes, until enchiladas are hot. Carefully remove dish from the oven, and sprinkle enchiladas with shredded cheese.
    - Return to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Plate those babies and, if you like, top with sour cream and/or scallions. Enjoy!

MAKES 2 SERVINGS
  • susan2396
    Options
    @ Kelly - My trainer has been teaching me and suggesting I go more paleo/primal, which I'm trying. Here's another one I've been meaning to try as well. I'm not normally a big fan of curry, but do like it on occasion. It looks simple enough to make. She has another one I make all the time that's Chicken & Artichokes in a Garlic Sauce, which is probably my favorite. Enjoy!

Paleo Chicken Curry

Ingredients:
    • 1 to 1.5 pounds of boneless chicken thighs – I pick these over chicken breasts because I find them tastier, and they are often cheaper.
    • 1 or 2 cans of coconut milk – I used 2 cans because Trader Joe’s has them for 99 cents and I love coconut milk more than you know. One could get away with a single can if it is pricey for you, yet you will simply have a thicker curry
    • Curry paste – Types and amounts obviously vary. I use the paleo-friendly brand Thai Kitchen, and used about 3 tbsp of their Red Curry.
    • 1 small yellow onion
    • 1 medium red bell pepper
    • 1 medium green bell pepper
    • 1/2 head of cabbage. You could use more if you wanted to.

Instructions (this is easy):
    • Turn your crock pot on before you start your prep, and get a head start.
    • Pour your coconut milk into your Crock Pot and add your curry paste. Make sure you stir until dissolved in the coconut milk. Some recipes will call for you to do this in a sauce pan first, yet I really would rather not do more dishes than I have to.
    • Cut your chicken thighs into 1″ cubes. Don’t be fancy. Just cut them up and dump them into the pot and stir.
    • Cut your red and green peppers into similar 1″ cubes. Dump into pot and stir.
    • Cut your onion into similar chunks, you get the idea.
    • Cut your head of cabbage in half, and quarter the half you are going to use. Simply cut the wedges into thin strips and then break apart with your hands. This is much easier than using a grater, and you can always chop the cabbage to your desired shape. I personally wanted longer pieces. Add the cabbage to the top of your pot and again stir, trying to coat the cabbage with the coconut milk. It is fine if the cabbage is not submerged, it will cook down.
    • Cover and let cook on low for 4 hours. This recipe should take about 10 minutes of combined prep and cleanup time, and is very cost effective. Like I said, this is quite likely the high point of my week, and I’m totally OK with that.
    • I chose to garnish mine with some scallions and red chili sauce. This is totally unnecessary, yet I am a huge fan of red chili sauce on most things.
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    my goal this week is to do more walking while at work....being once I get home I am stuck there :indifferent:
  • kah68
    Options
    I read this article earlier and given the discussions we've had recently about metabolism and burning fat thought several of us might be interested.

15 Easy Way to Burn More Fat

Improve your flab-burning metabolic rate and start losing weight fast By Stephen Perrine, Leah Flickinger, and the Editors of Women's Health

Don't Diet! The Women's Health Diet isn't about eating less; it's about eating more--more nutrient-dense food, to crowd out the empty calories and keep you full all day. That's important, because restricting food will kill your metabolism. It sends a signal to your body that says, "I'm starving here!" And your body responds by slowing your metabolic rate to hold on to existing energy stores.

What's worse, if the food shortage (meaning, your crash diet) continues, you'll begin burning muscle tissue, which just gives your enemy, visceral fat, a greater advantage. Your metabolism slows further, and fat goes on to claim even more territory. Here are 15 easy ways to boost your metabolism and start slimming down faster.

Go to Bed Earlier
    A study in Finland looked at sets of identical twins and discovered that in each set of siblings, the twin who slept less and was under more stress had more visceral fat.

Eat More Protein
    Your body needs protein to maintain lean muscle. In a 2006 article in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, researchers argued that the current recommended daily intake for protein, 0.36 grams per pound of body weight, is woefully inadequate for anyone doing resistance training and recommend that women get between 0.54 and 1 gram per pound of body weight. (If you want to lose weight, use your goal body weight as your guide.)

Add a serving, like 3 ounces of lean meat, 2 tablespoons of nuts, or 8 ounces of low-fat yogurt, to every meal and snack. Plus, research shows that protein can up postmeal calorie burn by as much as 35 percent.

Go Organic When You Can
    Canadian researchers report that dieters with the most organochlorines (pollutants from pesticides, which are stored in fat cells) experience a greater-than-normal dip in metabolism as they lose weight, perhaps because the toxins interfere with the energy-burning process. In other words, pesticides make it harder to lose pounds.

Of course, it's not always easy to find--or afford--organic produce. But in general, conventionally grown items that you peel--avocado, grapefruit, bananas--are fine. But choose organic when buying celery, peaches, strawberries, apples, blueberries, nectarines, sweet bell peppers, spinach, kale and collard greens, cherries, potatoes, and imported grapes; they tend to have the highest levels of pesticides.

Get Up, Stand Up
    Whether you sit or stand at work may play as big a role in your waistline as your fitness routine. Missouri University researchers discovered that inactivity (4 hours or more) causes a near shut-down of an enzyme that controls fat and cholesterol metabolism. To keep this enzyme active and increase your fat-burning, break up long periods of downtime by standing up--for example, while talking on the phone.

Drink Cold Water
    German researchers found that drinking 6 cups of cold water a day (that's 48 ounces) can raise resting metabolism by about 50 calories daily--enough to shed 5 pounds in a year, with essentially zero additional effort. The increase may come from the work it takes to heat the water to body temperature.

Eat the Heat
    It turns out that capsaicin, the compound that gives chile peppers their heat, can also fire up your metabolism. Eating about 1 tablespoon of chopped peppers (red or green) boosts your sympathetic nervous system (responsible for your fight-or-flight response), according to a study published in the Journal of Nutritional Science and Vitaminology. The result: a temporary metabolism spike of about 23 percent. Stock up on chile peppers to add to salsas, and keep a jar of red-pepper flakes on hand for topping pizzas, pastas, and stir-fries.

Rev Up in the Morning
    Eating breakfast jump-starts your metabolism so it's no accident that those who skip this meal are 41⁄2 times as likely to be obese. The heartier your first meal is, the better. In one study published by the American Journal of Epidemiology, volunteers who got 22 to 55 percent of their total calories at breakfast gained only 1.7 pounds on average over 4 years. While those who got zero to 11 percent gained nearly 3 pounds.

Drink Coffee or Tea
    Caffeine is a central nervous system stimulant, so your daily java jolts can rev your metabolism by 5 to 8 percent--burning about 98 to 174 calories a day. A cup of brewed tea can raise your metabolism by 12 percent, according to one Japanese study. Researchers believe antioxidants called catechins in tea provide the boost.

Fight Fat with Fiber
    Research shows that some fiber can fire up your fat burn by as much as 30 percent. Studies find that those who eat the most fiber gain the least weight over time. Aim for about 25 grams a day--the amount in about three servings each of fruits and vegetables.

Eat Iron-Rich Foods
    Iron is essential for carrying the oxygen your muscles need to burn fat. Unless you restock your stores, you run the risk of low energy and a sagging metabolism. Shellfish, lean meats, beans, fortified cereals, and spinach are excellent sources.

Get More Vitamin D
    Vitamin D is essential for preserving muscle tissue. Get 90 percent of your recommended daily intake (400 IU) in a 3.5-ounce serving of salmon. Other good sources: tuna, fortified milk and cereal, and eggs.

Drink Milk
    There's some evidence that calcium deficiency, which is common in many women, may slow metabolism. Research shows that consuming calcium through dairy foods such as fat-free milk and low-fat yogurt may also reduce fat absorption from other foods.

Eat Watermelon
    The amino acid arginine, abundant in watermelon, might promote weight loss, according to the Journal of Nutrition. In a laboratory study, adding this amino acid to the diet of obese mice enhanced the oxidation of fat and glucose. Snack on watermelon and other arginine sources, such as seafood, nuts, and seeds, year-round.

Stay Hydrated
    All of your body's chemical reactions, including your metabolism, depend on water. If you are dehydrated, you may be burning up to 2 percent fewer calories, according to researchers at the University of Utah. Drink at least eight to twelve 8-ounce glasses a day.
  • mtnrvn
    Options
    YoYo master here, losing 30+ pounds this year to almost gain it all back. I hired a group of personal trainers (at a pretty penny) because I am accountable to no one except me and apparently I am not important enough to myself. Anyway, I need to lose 100 and want to lose 60 by June. Personal reasons. So, I want to use this thread for motivation, suggestions and inspiration.

Thanks.
  • susan2396
    Options
    YoYo master here, losing 30+ pounds this year to almost gain it all back. I hired a group of personal trainers (at a pretty penny) because I am accountable to no one except me and apparently I am not important enough to myself. Anyway, I need to lose 100 and want to lose 60 by June. Personal reasons. So, I want to use this thread for motivation, suggestions and inspiration.

Thanks.

Welcome!!! This is an amazing group with some great advice. All positive folks so no putting yourself down!!! I posted this yesterday on page 11, but I immediately thought of you. Stay positive! I gained back 30 last year after derailing after the holidays. I finally got back on track on 8/5 and down 25 lbs. I'm hoping to lose 10 more before the end of the year to be at my lowest then it's onto 2014!!! I hired a trainer too (just one though) and it is costing a "little" fortune, but I've gotten so much stronger and improved my endurance so it's been worth it. Keep checking the post and we'll support you! We have a few other guys on here too like Gorilla and Tom who are great! Here's your pep talk:

What would happen if you focused on being proud of who you are and what you do (a great parent, staying active, trying your best, etc.) vs. dwelling on what you aren't or don't do (nail every workout, be a size whatever, certain size muscles, etc.)?

The negative voice in your head is constantly trying to talk you down for missed opportunities, missed workouts and weight gained.

But the positive voice in your head is trying to get you to see how great you are doing and that being a great Mom/Dad and/or person is 100X more important than fitting in skinny jeans.

Be proud and celebrate who you are and focus on listening to the positive voice in your head.

You deserve to have tons of energy and to feel great so celebrate who you are each day and you will be surprised how much this helps you stay "in the game" as far as your fitness and weight loss journey!
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    It is set to adjust automatically, but right now it's telling me to eat 1990 calories more today, and that's after eating my lunch. :/ Most days aren't bad, but I don't want to eat if I'm not hungry, you know?
  • susan2396
    Options
    This quote is so good and a testament to my will power lately. One of the greatest coaches in my opinion.

No Excuses Quote of the Day!

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." - Vince Lombardi
  • michelleborman50
    michelleborman50 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Feeling better today and after reading Susan's post about enjoying our good qualities hit home too.

Tuesday Goals: Still pushing to be at 260 by the end of the month. Looking pretty good so far. Adding more water to my diet and wanting to get 3 days of exercise in. I know the exercise isn't much but I am still babying my knee. I haven't had any trouble eating below my calories and making healthy choices. Wanting to continue on that path. :)

@kah68, skinnyjeans and Robin...thanks for the tips and support. :) Feeling better today.

Hope everyone is enjoying their week!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Goals- To get the papers graded and comments on another sets before the weekend.

8th grade lab and quiz x/95
    8th grade speed quiz x/60
    7th grade Cracker lab DONE
    7 th grade behavior sheets 15/31
    8th grade behavior sheets x/95

Just passing threw tonight. I am so tired that I need to stop working and just veg before bed in about 10 minutes. Catch you all tomorrow.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options

Thanks.

Welcome - you'll find all 3 here. You just need to post your questions and you'll get several responses - Kah and Susan have already provided you some inspiration!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys--just caught up with the posts. It's been a busy day for me, so no personals. Just a welcome to mtnrvn! :flowerforyou:

Tuesday Goal:
    Well I'm all caught up on the grading. I collect a new set of diction analyses tomorrow, so I'm enjoying my moment of freedom. My student teacher and I had a talk about the grading. He spoke to my boss (his other coop teacher) about the amount of grading in her classes and how he felt he was neglecting my classes. He didn't feel she really "heard" him, so we agreed that I would talk to her tomorrow. He's focused on making my classes the priority and asking my boss to pitch in with the grading if need be.

More parent/teacher conferences tomorrow, so you probably won't see me on the thread much tomorrow. Enjoy your Wednesday, everyone.

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym (run 5k) DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym (lift and HIIT) DONE
    Wed--nada--Parent.Teacher conferences until 7 pm
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)
    Sun--walk gunner + gym (run 5k)

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 70
    Dead lift = 75
    Squat = 80
    Overhead press = 55
    Upright row = 45

Overhead tricep extension = 25 (dumbbell)
    Bicep curl = 15 (dumbbell)
    Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 90
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Kelley & Susan! WOW, what great information! Thank you so much for sharing. I love coming to this thread and seeing such a vast amount of information sharing and support!

So, yesterday was busy for me, since I found a new gym (I think). It is a very small place near me, quite a bit more money than I am used to, but I met the owner, who is a woman. She had such a positive energy about her. Just a few minutes talking to her, and she was so incredibly supportive and inspirational. She has lost 80 pounds herself, over time. She invited me to try a gentle yoga class (free). The yoga instructor was the same way. She was so down to earth and helpful, but at the same time, she really supported us safely pushing our limits. The place is probably 4 miles from my house, and I don't have to deal with yucky traffic to get there. There is only one of the "gentle" yoga sessions that I can attend, but I may have found another yoga class at the community center nearby, for another night.

I'm a bit sore from the yoga last night, but it's the good kind of sore. I haven't been able to use my Fitbit, since I lost the charger :grumble: but I feel like I did okay for steps. For lunch, the ladies from work and I went to Panera, where I only had a taste of one of the gals' pastries. I allowed myself to have the baguette with my soup/salad combo instead. I am not where I intend to be, but I am headed in the right direction.

Tuesday goals: One more Yoga (Thursday) and if I don't get to workout with someone at the new fitness place, I am at least going to do a couple of miles walking this weekend.
  • Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Naceto - you can order a new charger from fitbit.com. If you do that, you will probably find the one you misplaced. Just when I think something is gone for good I find it in the most unusual place. Senior moments!! I do like mine for keeping me motivated to move more. Got up really early this morning 3:30 am so it will be a long day. Dogs were barking and carrying on - do not know what set them off. they are usually good till the alarm goes at 4:30 am Had snow yesterday at work - 57 km away but got home to very little left from the day before and lots of green grass. Am going to try to go for a walk before work. Wake up the brain. Been trying to do that for days now but the weather has been wet, windy and all around YUCKY and I am a weather weenie. It needs to stop falling from the sky at least. It will be what it will be.

Diet otherwise going well - drinking lots of water - guess I will get used to it and stop feeling like a puffer fish.

Wishing all a great day. those with health concerns remember that someone bigger than us all is in control and looking out for you.

Linda
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.. had a rest day last night. More or less planned. Drank a bit too much wine again more or less planned...

Tonight I am going to the gym to start my new round of NROL Supercharged.... I am looking forward to it for sure. This round is simular to the one I just finished except instead of 2 sets of 15 reps it is 3 sets of 10 reps. So it is the same amount of lifts but with a little heavier weight and a little more rest mixed in. I was getting the last round of workouts done including warm up and rollout/stretching in about 50-55 minutes. Will see how much time this adds to it.
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Good morning! It's COLD here this AM and last night we had some snow. It was too wet to stick, but now there's no denying that winter is on its way. I have a feeling it's going to be a cold one.

I posted yesterday (and yes I was whining) that my scale has been stuck on 235.4 for almost a week. I got on it this morning praying to see it say something different and of course less. It said 233.8. WHAT?!? I knew I was probably retaining water due to eating out over the weekend, but I never thought it was that much. I drank a ton of water yesterday and I guess it helped flush out what I was retaining. Although I am happy that the scale is moving again, I needed the reminder that some day it won't be as easy as it has been. I still have a long way to go and I know the fight will get harder as I near my goal weight. I also know if I just keep working at it, I will get there someday.

My wish today is for the patience and faith to stay the course when the scale and sometimes the world (in the form of tasty, tempting foods) seem to conspire against me. I need to remember the WHY and keep on the path that has already brought me so far.

Also wishing a good day to all and stay warm!
  • jessiej1980
    Options
    Just had a baby....When I began my journey I was about 40 pounds heavier than I am now...I had lost 100...with the pregnancy and stress after ward I have ballooned back.....I need people who are in it as well. Its hard getting back on the horse with no real support next to you........any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!!
  • kah68
    Options
    Good Morning. Temps plummeted here yesterday, its only 30 this morning. Too cold for me – never fear my 80s will be back this weekend! :glasses: :bigsmile:

@Lives2Travel~great loss!

@Nicole~Yay, for the new gym and yoga class. I know you love yoga, so glad you found someplace! I’m sorry about the Fitbit charger, you should be able to order a new one from their website, not sure the chargers are available in the stores – I lost mine once, found it under the couch (thank you Zoe). I hope it turns up so you don’t need to buy a new one.

@Susan~Great recipes! I love curry, it however doesn’t like me – allergic to coconut. :frown:

@mtnrvn~Welcome, I have a personal trainer as well – see him twice a week, totally worth it! You found a great place for motivation, inspiration and suggestions – so bring on the questions! :wink:

@Jessie~Welcome to you also, just jump right in.

Wednesday Wish~My wish for today is that Robin gets answers and some relief today. I hope everyone else that is injured or feeling poorly is feeling better soon. AFM, I wish for an awesome calorie scorcher of a session with my trainer tonight! :laugh:

Monday~Gym, HIIT on arc trainer DONE!
    Tuesday~Rest Day DONE
    Wednesday~Gym, training session
    Thursday~Rest Day
    Friday~Off work, not sure yet – maybe meet trainer for walk/run
    Saturday~Gym or long walk
    Sunday~Gym, training session
  • jessiej1980
    Options
    I could use a trainer...I love ZUMBA.......you are right,......I need to JUMP IN....in more ways than one I think. I would like to add some people to my "friends". Mainly because I seem to lack accountability to myself, and work well trying to answer to others.....flaw maybe? hmmmm