Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Today, it's official, I'm thankful for the SALE OF MY HOUSE!!! whopop whoop!!!
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    @nettie--I lift weights almost every day, but it doesn't help with weight loss. lol

Got a decent walk in today. Still can't get up over 4.5 mph. but it takes time
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Today, it's official, I'm thankful for the SALE OF MY HOUSE!!! whopop whoop!!!

Woo Hoo!!! I know this has been something you've been praying for awhile now. I'm so happy for you and the family so this burden can be lifted. Yeah to answered prayers and a wonderful Christmas present!!!
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-In: Today is going to be WAY over. I figured if I'm not going to eat clean then might as well not worry and enjoy, but 12/26 is only a few days away and I will be on track 110%!! I can't wait!! Today will be super long though so perhaps I'll spread these calories through out both days. LOL!!! Red eye tonight at midnight from Las Vegas through ATL. We land around 7:30 a.m. then land in Sarasota, FL around 9:45 a.m. tomorrow morning. I've been up since 5:30 a.m. so already 10 hours and I still have 12+ hours ahead of me. But, we'll be with my parents tomorrow and we can't wait!!! I'm giving Cyrus some Benadryl though so hopefully he'll sleep. I normally don't sleep on the red eye flights, but may just close my eyes to rest them. Perhaps I'll sleep due to my pure exhaustion.

Like Karen I'm thankful for my job too. For the past 2 weeks, there's been a homeless man sleeping on a utility box near my office. We have a lot of homeless in Las Vegas, but he seemed out of place because our office is in the suburbs. I'm not sure how he got this far out and not closer to the shelters downtown. I'm just so thankful that even though I've had some bumps along the way I've been truly fortunate and thankful every single day for what I do have including an amazing job. My thoughts and prayers go out to those individuals less fortunate. I don't know their situation, but he is someone's son, perhaps father, grandfather, husband, brother, etc. . .I don't know his situation and it's none of my business except I hope he finds peace.
  • dukesduchess350
    dukesduchess350 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    My goal this week is to not gorge myself to death on food when I have the appetite to eat So much stress in my world right now that I have to force myself to eat. Hopefully everything will get back to normal and I can keep the 4 lbs off that I lost last week.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

@madeline--I hope you find a healthy way to relieve your stress. I find exercise works for me.

@susan--Safe travels--enjoy your visit with family! :flowerforyou:

@alupinsk--don't discount the weight loss effects of lifting weights. Although you get a larger calorie burn in a shorter period of time with cardio, weight lifting has been shown to raise your metabolism for many hours after you stop lifting. Therefore, it helps you burn calories even when you're not exercising which also contributes to weight loss. :smile:

@tracy--Yay!! So excited for you!! What a weight off your shoulders. :drinker:

AFM--Today was an okay day. I wrapped all of my presents, but by the time I finished I realized I needed to get ready for my hair appt. so no walk for Gunner. DH took him so he didn't miss out, but I got zero exercise today. :ohwell: On the way to salon, I treated myself to a Salted Caramel Mocha at Starbuck's. I only allow myself a couple of these right around the holidays b/c even the non-fat/no whip version is pretty high in calories. I'm still under calories and currently debating a glass of Bailey's. It would put me slightly over for the day, but I really want it--shouldn't have cracked that bottle open last night. :grumble:

Bad news on the grading--I miscalculated the number of AP analysis activities. I have 3 classes, but only counted 2. The good news is I finished grading all 17 while at the salon--made very productive use of my half hour waiting for my color to set. :bigsmile:

Tomorrow is an easy day for me. No holiday plans so will hit the gym--really loving my 24/7/365 gym on days like tomorrow. Also may do some more grading and then prep the potatoes for the au gratins I will be cooking on Wed. for Christmas dinner.

Grading goals:
    1. x/73 AP essays
    2. x/26 Scarlet Letter essays
    3. 17/17 AP analysis activities DONE
    4. x/11 "Lottery" analysis activities
    5. x/52 Scarlet Letter annotations

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Tues--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym (cardio)
    Fri--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (cardio)
    Sun--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 85
    Dead lift = 90
    Squat = 90
    Overhead press = 55
    Upright row = 60

Overhead tricep extension = 25 (dumbbell)
    Bicep curl = 15 (dumbbell)
    Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 90
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check-in as I'm just at work for a few hours.

Wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas and safe travels to those that are traveling (myself included). :flowerforyou:

My boss definitely knows the way to my heart - a pound of Christmas Blend from Starbucks, a box of Christmas Blend K-Cups from Starbucks and a Starbucks gift card on my desk this morning. :wink: :laugh:
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas Eve everyone. I woke up this morning and started cooking right away. I made breakfast for Brian while he ran out to pick me up some egg whites and basil. I was trying to separate the whites from the yolk but it wasn't turning out so well. I was getting frustrated and said "I should have just bought the egg whites in the store." Needless to say scrambled eggs was on the menu this morning. :laugh: I made the quinoa mac and cheese while he was gone and made the cookies when he came back. Rolling out the dough and having it stick all over my hands was not very enjoyable for me. I was a giant sticky mess. I quickly remembered why I don't enjoy baking. I would much rather cook a elaborate multi course meal for my large family than bake. :noway:

Tonight we are going to Brian's uncle's house. Mother, aunt, grandmother and cousins with their families will be there. I am just hoping my MIL is in a decent mood and refrains from nasty comments. I have already logged 2 glasses of wine with my dinner tonight. I am preparing just in case! :wink:

Skinny - My husband made it for me one night as a surprise. I have been hooked on the quinoa spinach mac and cheese ever since. My husband's family isn't very adventurous with their food. I don't imagine they will try any of my "crazy vegetarian food" so that means lots more for me! :bigsmile: I was up 2 lbs this morning as well. :noway: In hindsight I am thinking it is the little nibbles of goodies I have been eating here and there combined with my being a bit relaxed with weighing my food. I estimated my dinner last night and few times this week I estimated meals out of laziness. I am sure that had a lot to do with it too. Wahoo for you multitasking!

TLH - Congrats!!!!

Kah - What a nice gift from your boss. I love receiving Starbucks gift cards as gifts.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas to all!
    Had quite an ice storm here and have some ice damming damage to my house (3-4 days ago), so I had to cancel my big family Christmas dinner that we have here. Luckily though, we have power whereas thousands of others nearby don't have any heat or electricity. We lucked out. We are still having a big get together, just a change of venue at my daughter's house. I'm cooking all the food and taking it over to her house (she has two babies, so she's busy). I'm cooking furiously, hoping to get it done , just in case there's another power outage.
    I have to say the ice storm created a beautiful, wonderland, but am so sorry for all the damage and trees that are destroyed. I couldn't believe it, when I drove up the street yesterday and saw it. It's worse away from my house which is on the lake
    I'm so lucky as I have heat even if the power goes out. I can heat by fireplaces. This house never had central heating and relied on electric baseboards and fireplaces.
    I hope everyone is ok. This was the worst storm here in 27 years. Definitely , a white Christmas.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    tlh - congrats on your house sale - that is about the best Christmas present I have heard of! WOOT!

Sounds like everyone is in maintenance mode. I am proud of how well everyone is doing.!

AFM - I had my brain scan yesterday and will hear the results later on this week. I'm looking forward to Christmas with my brothers and sisters tomorrow.
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone! Hope your holidays are going amazingly!
    @toots--I also am trying so hard not to just say "ef it!" and go crazy. Granted I've had a couple of days I've done so, but trying to keep it in check most days. :ohwell:

It's so hard when everything tastes so good around Christmas :laugh: Good on you for keeping it in check.
    I saw my doctor yesterday and he was concerned about my condition, so he's ordered a full-head MRI with contrast for Monday - he's concerned with my extreme fatigue. He said something about needing to look at my brain stem.

Yikes! Thoughts and prayers for you.
    @toots-Just think that even with small little sneaks of a treat here and there just how many calories you aren't eating compared to if you weren't watching what you ate. Right now I just keep telling myself I could go crazy and put on 10lbs that I just have to work to get back off or I can treat myself in small amounts and get through these holidays.

True. That's a good point.
    Saturday share: I woke up this morning and was looking at my profile in the mirror. Today I noticed my stomach didn't seem to stick out as far as it usually does. :tongue:

Toots - I :love: :love: :love: peppermint bark. I keep dropping hints to my husband to buy me a tin for Christmas. I don't know if he has picked up on my bluntness of dog earring the pages in the catalogs and leaving them open on his desk. But a gal can hope. I also really like peppermint tea, I find it very refreshing to drink at the end of a long day. Another downfall is hot cocoa. But not just any hot cocoa. I drop a peppermint patty mini into the cocoa and let it melt while mixing. So so so freaking yummy!!!!

Nice! Flat tummy is a great thing. I also would love to eat peppermint bark for every meal, every day ;) I am definitely going to take your advice with the peppermint patty. It sounds delish.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    I think I used to be in this group, I'm ready to RESTART!!!
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Jnettie & Kah, et al: My hair coloring experiment came out well. I used old newspapers on the bathroom counter folded origami style. I used my painters dropcloth on the carpet, and decided the wallpaper was very, very old indeed. But having shorter hair there was less thrashing around on my part, and I sat on the john in an old bathrobe that I grabbed back out of the goodwill pile (whew) and did a crossword puzzle as I waited for the shower and rinsing it out. The color - is just fine and I feel so much better having attended to my basic looks :blushing:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    Merry Christmas Eve to those celebrating! :drinker:

@robin--glad the hair coloring went well. I also got mine colored yesterday, and I agree that I feel so much better without the roots and stray grays peeking out. :laugh:

@jane--welcome back! :flowerforyou:

@toots--yes, I think it all tastes just as good the rest of the year, but it's so easy to use the "holidays" as an excuse to over-indulge. :blushing:

@mel--glad you made it through the storm without losing power, and that your daughter is able to host the get together. Hope the damming damage isn't too severe and you get it fixed soon. I think you mentioned that your DH bought some heated wire to hang--did that help at all?

@nettie--I make mine with chopped up asparagus b/c it's my favorite veg, but the spinach sounds good too. :smile:

@kelley--that is an awesome present!!

Tuesday Goals:
    Well I managed my main goal which was to complete my exercise for today. I may also go to starbucks and do some grading--it should be nice and quiet there (I hope).

I think I'm all set for tomorrow. I'm bringing 2 dishes tomorrow, but we don't have to leave until around 2:30, so I'll have plenty of time beforehand to get those together. Presents are all wrapped and I will get those together tonight before bed.

DH surprised me and bought a Kindle Fire HDX. We've been talking about getting tablets and smartphones. He said he bought it so I could "check it out," and then if I don't want it, he will take it and I can get something else. I've played around with it a bit--not enough to decide if I like it.

Grading goals:
    1. x/73 AP essays
    2. x/26 Scarlet Letter essays
    3. 17/17 AP analysis activities DONE
    4. x/11 "Lottery" analysis activities
    5. x/52 Scarlet Letter annotations

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym (lift and HIIT) DONE
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym (cardio)
    Fri--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (cardio)
    Sun--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 85
    Dead lift = 90
    Squat = 90
    Overhead press = 55
    Upright row = 60

Overhead tricep extension = 25 (dumbbell)
    Bicep curl = 15 (dumbbell)
    Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 90
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    TY Skinnyjeans. I'm about to go dance right now! :)
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas!!! :drinker: :bigsmile:

Kaye-I love the idea about putting the cookies in the freezer. I gave my trainer over a dozen cookies and her adult kids have been enjoying them for her. You can always send them home with your kids and grandkids.:heart:

Nettie- Earth Treks is the climbing gym I belong to; it has a variety of climbing walls and bouldering opportunities. Bouldering is like climbing but without a harness and with the walls at an angle.

Karen- Our mild weather has gone and we are back to freezing temperatures. I am also with you on grading goals. I need to get myself mentally prepared to grade those papers and I am not ready yet. Enjoy your walks through the snow with Gunner, I wish we had snow here so I could also go walking in it.

Tracy- Congrats on the sale of your house and for answered prayers.:drinker:

Susan-Enjoy the time with your family in Fl and I hope you had a safe trip.

Mel-Glad you have heat. Ice storms while pretty with everything shining from the ice can leave a huge amount of damage behind. Hope everyone in your area gets power back soon.

Robin- Glad the hair color turned out well. Enjoy the time with your family.

Jane-Welcome back.

Yesterday, the remote start on my car was fixed. When they fixed it last year, they pinched a wire so it worked occasionally. Now, it works just fine. The repair did not take as long as expected so I was able to enjoy breakfast with a friend and finish some last minute shopping. Then last night, I had a great workout with my trainer. It was a mix of cardio and core. She introduced some new core exercises so I will be sore tomorrow.

Today, I did do a light workout with lots of walking and a little rowing due to stiff legs. Then my workout partner and I went out to lunch. We had Christmas Eve dinner tonight with family so it was a nice and relaxing evening.

I am thankful for finding the time to read a book and I hope to read another one before the end of this break. It has been a while since I read a book and I was able to enjoy the story, since it finished out a trilogy that I started earlier this year. It was a romance novel by R. C Ryan called “Jake”. A good story that actually tied up the loose ends from the other two books.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @laurie--glad the car repairs didn't take too long and you were able to enjoy the rest of your day. The walk in the snow today with gunner was nice, despite the freezing cold temps. Glad you had a nice dinner with the family. :flowerforyou:

@jane--dancing is my favorite form of exercise! During the summer, a friend and I go to a lot of area festivals to see bands we like and dance like fools. Not much of that during the school year, but I may go see a band play at a local bar on Thursday, so maybe some dancing. :wink:

AFM--My husband wanted Chinese take away for dinner so we ordered. They said it would be 40 minutes which is twice the usual wait, but we knew it would be busy since it's Christmas Eve. We got there for pick up 45 minutes later. DH went in while I waited in the car. After about 10 minutes he came back with no food and said "forget it--there's a crowd waiting for take away and no orders coming out." We left and went across to pick up a few things at the Walgreen's and decided to try again.

This time I went in. and it was still a madhouse. Talking with the other patrons, I found there were people who'd been waiting over an hour (not since they ordered, but since they arrived to pick up orders! :noway: ). The poor boys working the counter kept bringing out orders for people who weren't there (and had probably been there an hour before but gave up and left), and the phone was ringing non-stop the whole time. I finally asked the boy to just cancel my order and left.

It was really ridiculous, but the nice thing was no one got nasty or mean about it. We were all frustrated, but still joking about the situation, and no one took it out on the boys working the counter. It was clear they had no system in place for dealing with such a busy night, but they certainly were just following someone else's instructions. I think a grown up would have made some command decisions to stop taking more phone orders and to start taking names of the people waiting and fill those orders (rather than the orders of people who had probably left out of frustration). Anyway, I was glad the mood stayed light despite the situation.

The silver lining is that I ate lean roast beef (leftovers) and spinach salad for dinner which left me with plenty of calories to splurge on some Bailey's. Three glasses later (along with some potato ships w/sour cream) and I still have over 400 calories to spare. :smile:
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    What a day! I finally have time to for a quick drop in. I made 5 pies this morning, then all the fixin's for dinner. 17 for dinner tonight. Probably 19 for dinner tomorrow, but tomorrow we'll have the leftover salads from today, cold cuts, crackers, chips and dips, etc. I'm tired, and I haven't logged. I ate very sporadically through the day. I did get in a 40 min. walk today. Hurray! I haven't been able to walk for quite a while. It seems like weeks. It was wonderful to see the sun and warmer temps.
    Have wonderful day tomorrow, however you plan to celebrate. Kaye
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone!

Totally exhausted from all the activity the last few days. Looking forward to a quiet day of lounging with the kids. Hope everyone has a wonderful day and Santa grants your wishes.
  • RobinsEgg
    Options
    Merry, Merry Christmas Everyone! :heart:
    I am so grateful for everyone on this thread - and especially for all those who have come and gone and have not been here for awhile. I miss those people with all my heart and I hope they are doing well! :heart: BIG HUGS TO EVERYONE!

This morning, to me, is not about a tree and presents, its about the anticipation of seeing family members! For the first time in many years, all my sisters and brothers will be together, so my family will be complete! How wonderful! I am baking a frozen apple pie - the second time I have used my oven - (WOW!) as well as making the mashed potatoes to take to my sister's house. We are having a mixture of traditional and Puerto Rican dishes - it should be great - I'm hoping there will be flan!

Heartfelt Blessings to each and every one of you! :smooched: