June 18 - 1.0 miles
    June 19 - 3.8 miles
    June 20 - 1.8 miles
    June 21 - 2.8 miles

Good night everyone. :)
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Aimee - great mileage - run, Aimee, run! ZOOM! THERE SHE GOES!

LittleShadow - whooo - you go , girl, you go! Aimee, you better watch out for THIS CONTENDER!

Tanya - truit flys - my sympathies......:angry::grumble:

Laurie - Too bad yesterday went downhill, but it is a memory now. time to move on. RE today, well, did you get back from breakfast early or late today? And how did packing go - did you have help as you were promised? Excited for you that your're finally FREE!!!!:drinker:

Skinny - oooh, you really DO have lots of packing experience! Now that I look back on it I realize I do too. It does become an art, doesn't it? But unlike you, I don't enjoy it at all!!!

CathEsh = I didnt know you were a sheep herder!Glad to see you!

- that's all the personals I can manage at this late hour. Will do more later today! Attended my 45 HS reunion tonight and it was a wonderful time.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    6/20 - 1
    6/21 - 3.52
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Had an early morning walk and then went to the lake so my dog and his best friend could go swimming.

Hope everyone has a good day!

June Mileage Goal: 80 miles

6/1 - 4.20
    6/2 - 0
    6/3 - 0
    6/4 - 2.73
    6/5 - 2.17
    6/6 - 2.74
    6/7 - 4.24
    6/8 - 4.12
    6/9 - 2.74
    6/10 - Rest Day
    6/11 - 2.91
    6/12 - 2.91
    6/13 - 4.12
    6/14 - 9.01 miles (20,274 FitBit steps)
    6/15 - 7.53 miles (16,968 FitBit steps)
    6/16 - 5.06 (10,277 FitBit steps)
    6/17 - 6.98 (16,729 FitBit steps)
    6/18 - 5.00 (9,998 FitBit steps)
    6/19 - Rest Day
    6/20 - 2.80
    6/21 - 3.94
    6/22 - 3.94

Total - 76.96
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Sunday Share: I'm Heidi from Eastern Canada, 37 yr old mom of 2 great boys with some cognitive and behavioural challenges. I work full time during the school year, cooking for 57 kids at a daycare and filling in during lunch hours in the classrooms. I am lucky enough to be able to take the summer off to be home with my kids. Currently on restricted exercise due to a bum ankle, but my torture of choice is distance walking - I have completed 2 half-marathons in the last 9 months and will begin training for a third in July if I get the go ahead from my physiotherapist. I love chocolate, zombies, Game of Thrones, and am known for my twisted sense of humor. :) I am a major introvert and tend to go MIA on here a lot, as I find keeping up with everyone exhausting! But I always find myself coming back because it's a great group of people.

JUNE MILEAGE CHALLENGE

June 1 - 3 miles
    June 3 - 3 miles
    June 6 - 4 miles
    June 7 - 2 miles
    June 8 - 4 miles
    June 9 - 2.5 miles
    June 10 - 2 miles
    June 11 - 1.5 miles
    June 13 - 2 miles
    June 15 - 1.5 miles
    June 17 - 2 miles
    June 18 - 3 miles
    June 19 - 1 mile
    June 20 - 2 miles
    June 21 - 1.68 miles
    June 22 - 2 miles

Total: 37.18 miles
    June goal: 50 miles
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    6/18: 2.6 miles
    6/19: .7 miles
    6/20: .5 miles
    6/22: 2.6 miles

During today's run I had a poison ivy rash itching on the top of my foot, a blister on my heel, a sore calf muscle and what was a twinge of shin splints. And a terrible night of sleep. It took everything in me to push through it.
  • omnicia
    omnicia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Not used these forums before.. but also have been failing extravagantly at losing weight, so thought maybe getting in with a community that would be supportive would help - and this looks fun!

I am gearing up to do the Isle of Wight Challenge at end of August (which is walking 106km .. which I've foolishly pledged to do in under 20 hours as part of my fundraising for The Stroke Association... ) - but I've gotten so very out of shape, that I'm worried I won't manage it.

So today I started walking distances again (I often walk to/from work, which is 5km away, but it's not the same as distance stuff really..)

Today was the first day I started tracking - so..

22/6 - 30km

Took me a little over 7 hours (including stopping for lunch and to look up where I was several times - because I kept getting lost in North London..) which won't do come August....
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    bump
    miles updated:bigsmile:
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    omnica- Did you want to join our June challenge? If so, what is your mileage goal? Just let me know and I will add you to our list.

Robin- The teacher who was suppose to help me bailed which was frustrating. It took a lot longer to finish packing than I thought which was annoying. Breakfast went well and I did get back a little early but the packing was not done until 2:30 when I finally left the building exhausted.

Today was a great day for exercise today. I biked 15 miles this morning, then I ran for 3 miles plus walked 1 mile as a cool down. The run was not fast but a good pace where I could get my heart rate up but not lose my breath. I think I finished the run in about 40 minutes. The timer I was using got messed up so I lost all my data-:grumble: :explode: The time for the last mile was looking good and relatively consistent for me so I was happy with that. Food wise I did very well today provided I don't snack to much tonight all should be good.

I am a middle school science teacher so now I am officially done for the summer. I am looking forward to having fun this summer and taking a few classes. I hope to organize a few people to do something active at least one day a week. Kayaking, paddling boarding, biking etc. My goal is to lose 10 lbs this summer so I can break the plateau that has been hanging around for the past year or two. I will be making changes in my meals and changing things up so I will see what works. I started this process 4 years ago this week when I joined a gym for the first time. That summer all I did was walk the track, which worked well but progress was slow. School started and the weight came back. Then in Dec. I started working with a trainer and the progress really started. I needed someone to hold me accountable and to teach the correct way to exercise and how to mix things up. It worked the first year or so, I lost 67 lbs to basically get under 200. Now I am under 200 most days with a few exceptions. Now my goal is get down to 188. I still want to go lower but small steps will work for me.

I started to engage in a variety of exercise activities including: walking, biking, rock climbing, swimming, running, kayaking and I hope to add paddle boarding this summer. To prevent boredom, I like to mix my activities and try new things. The past year I have participated in 5K runs and indoor triathlons. Four years ago those accomplishments were not possible, now they are due to my improved fitness level and confidence.
  • NewCaddy
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone! Headed to church this morning and then a final run to the store -- always something I forgot to pack. At 1:00, I drove Jacob and his friend to a weeklong church camp that will be themed with wilderness survival and doing things the Christian way. They were off running around before I turned the van out of the camp! It was a long day for Emma (2 1/2 hour drive one way). When we got back to town, we headed to the store and bought the supplies for her b-day cake. She turns 8 tomorrow and wants a Frozen themed cake. We'll see how it goes!!!! :smile: Now she's off for a final run around with her friends before hunkering down for the night.

My name is Tracy. I am 41 years old and live with my husband and two kids (Jacob - 13 and Emma - 8) in Bismarck, ND. I enjoy scrapbooking, reading and travelling in my spare time when money allows. I work from home doing quality improvement for a life insurance company (basically when people complain about the service or product they receive, I try to figure out how to avoid the same problem in the future). I've been with this company for 16 1/2 years and basically enjoy my work. I love my pay, flexibility and vacation time. However, I do miss the personal interaction from being in an office with co-workers. In one month, we move into our new home and I will then have an official office that I can close the door to each day (WHOO-HOO!!!!:love: ).

I've really struggled this past year...I lost 30 pounds in 4 months and have been yo-yoing up and down the same last 5 pounds for a year now. I know what the problem is (eating beyond my calorie goal) and I just can't seem to get it under control. I have been working out with my sister and a trainer for 11 weeks now and really enjoy getting to do things I never thought possible (jumping lunges is one!! :laugh: ) Now if I would just get a move on with the eating, I know I can do this.

As I was driving home today, I thought about the fact that my dad died at 63. He did not have a weight problem, but it still made me think that if I don't get a move on, it could be that I'm 2/3 of the way through my life. I don't want that!!! I WILL DO THIS!!! I've got to for the sake of my kids and my future grandkids.

Off to bake a cake -- the great part is that it will be one cake for about 15 people, so no leftovers to tempt me. :blushing:
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    good evening everyone. I had a nice productive day. Got lots of fruits and veggies prepped and ready to just grab and eat for the week so hopefully the kids and I will gear more towards them now that they are convenient. I spent the rest of the dayy outside getting lots of little projects done around the house. I have been making a list of projects to do over the next few months in an attempt to keep me busy and help stop some of the mindless boredom eating I am prone to. I did so well on my eating today without a bunch of snacks I was able to have a yummy baked potato with my steak. I LOVE baked potatoes with sour cream and chives fresh from my garden:heart::heart: Well the kids took off to a their friends house for the evening so I am going to let my inner nerd out for the evening with some video games. Have a great night everyone.:flowerforyou: :heart::drinker: :drinker:

June 2014:
    6/1: 2.24
    6/2: 0 miles
    6/3: 2 miles
    6/4: 2 miles
    6/5: 2 miles
    6/6: 0 miles
    6/7: 2 miles
    6/8: 0 miles
    6/9: 0 miles
    6/10: 1 mile
    6/11: 1 mile
    6/19: 1.98 miles
    6/20: 1.98 miles
    6/21: 4.5 miles
    6/22: 1.98 miles
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Omnicia - welcome to our thread - I saw that was your very first post - quite brave of you! :flowerforyou: Joining any thread is wonderful activity as it keeps you away from munching of course! I think this thread will provide you with a group of friends to support and guide you. We're all in different places on the weight loss scales so there are some of us who've just started and some of us who've come along and lost a great deal and are almost at their goal - so many voices of experience to help! come back soon!

Sunday Share! Hi - I'm Ellen and I started this thread since I had 120 lbs at least to lose and wanted to find like minded people. I had encountered only people who just needed to lose 20 or 30 lbs before this. Once I started this thread I met many wonderful supportive people and it has just kept going on its own.

I love in Omaha, Nebraska and I'm divorced, 63, and have no kids,. I have always lived in the midwest and love it. I am retired now, but had a long career, first in Medical Equipment Sales, when I did travel all over the country and lived quite a life. Then I returned to Omaha, got married, and started working at a major hospital for the head of neurosurgery as his assistant. I did that for 19 years, then took a position working for the head of the Cancer Center.

A message to young women: I am retired now, but must work as I have no Retirement Savings I was fleeced by my ex. My ex-husband hid money from me. If you have any suspicions of that, get on it right away. If he uses excuses such as Union Dues are paid in cash, do not believe it. If he has "friends" who will do "the work" for cash, don't buy into it. Money starts disappearing that way. Don't accept a receipt from these various things for cash. Demand a person or service accept check or credit card. Lastly, don't fall in love with a "bad boy" who happens to have a lot of connections. He drained my Retirement Annuity behind my back.
    As the old saying goes "If you look around and don't recognize who the fool in the room is, its you!"
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Just popping by to update my miles... I got 3.1 for June 22.

Hope everyone has a great night. :)
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! :flowerforyou:

@muzica--so sorry to hear of your losses.:cry:

I've caught up on posts, but am going to skip personals right now. I noticed quite a few folks posting about being stuck or stalled in their weight loss efforts along with some good plans to get things moving again. I'm in the same boat right now, and will put in a new plan (with both food and fitness) when I return from vacation.

For those of you who aren't sure what you need to do, just keep trying to change up calorie intakes or fitness approaches--don't give up! Equally important--please give each change a chance to actually work. I think most of the veterans on here will agree that it can take anywhere from 3-6 weeks for our bodies to adjust to any change in calorie allowance or fitness regiment. Therefore, don't think your change isn't working if you don't see immediate results--patience, Grasshoppers.

Sunday Share:
    The wedding I attended in Menomonie, WI was really lovely. It was at a small vineyard which was a gorgeous setting, and the weather cooperated 100%. The bride looked beautiful--that's her in my new profile picture! My toast went well too--I had something written out, but managed to give it without reading from the page, and all of my friends said mine was the best of the 5 toasts--they aren't biased at all. :laugh: We had a great time dancing, and afterwards a large group of the wedding party and friends joined the bride and groom at a bar in town where we proceeded to dance some more. Didn't get back to our hotel until almost 2:30, so a pretty late night. Today was mostly spent in the car driving home though I did get in a quick walk with gunner this evening.

Tomorrow is packing day, and we leave early Tuesday morning for the DR. I'm so excited!!!

I'm at 47 miles for my total so far--with one day left, I don't think I will make the 80 miles. That's okay--I will try for 3 tomorrow to make it an even 50. :wink:

Goal Mileage: 80 Miles

6/1 = 3 miles
    6/2 = 5 miles
    6/3 = 3 miles
    6/4 = 1.5 miles
    6/5 = 3 miles
    6/6 = 0 miles
    6/7 = 6 miles
    6/8 = 2 miles
    6/9 = 1 mile
    6/10 = 1 mile
    6/11 = 4 miles
    6/12 = 1 mile
    6/13 = 2 miles
    6/14 = 2 miles
    6/15 = 1.5 miles
    6/16 = 2 miles
    6/17 = 2 miles
    6/18 = 0 miles
    6/19 = 2 miles
    6/20 = 1.5 miles
    6/21 = 2 miles
    6/22 = 1.5 miles
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    June 1 5.46
    June 2 6.22
    June 3 5.92
    June 4 5.64
    June 5 6.36
    June 6 7.02
    June 7 5.31
    June 8 5.61
    June 9 2.45
    June10 5.90
    June11 6.30
    June12 5.40
    June13 7.88
    June14 2.98
    June15 3.28
    June16 5.20
    June17 3.63
    June18 4.09
    June19 4.05
    June20 9.17
    June21 8.10
    June22 5.28

June total to date: 121.25

Well... we'll see if I make my goal... a week to go! :laugh:
  • rainandwood93
    rainandwood93 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I've been very ill with a sinus infection and haven't been keeping up but I think I'm starting to get back now.

Went to the gym yesterday for the first time in a week, did 30 mins. Feeling much better today and did a zumba class followed by a 10 mile seaside hike! Maybe overdid it but I'm glad I got some exercise in. Meeting with a personal trainer on tuesday to talk about possibly doing a few session to teach me the basics of strenght.

Will catch up soon. Hope you are all well.
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Back at work and my email alone will take me hours to read. Hope everyone has a great day!

June Mileage Goal: 80 miles

6/1 - 4.20
    6/2 - 0
    6/3 - 0
    6/4 - 2.73
    6/5 - 2.17
    6/6 - 2.74
    6/7 - 4.24
    6/8 - 4.12
    6/9 - 2.74
    6/10 - Rest Day
    6/11 - 2.91
    6/12 - 2.91
    6/13 - 4.12
    6/14 - 9.01 miles (20,274 FitBit steps)
    6/15 - 7.53 miles (16,968 FitBit steps)
    6/16 - 5.06 (10,277 FitBit steps)
    6/17 - 6.98 (16,729 FitBit steps)
    6/18 - 5.00 (9,998 FitBit steps)
    6/19 - Rest Day
    6/20 - 2.80
    6/21 - 3.94
    6/22 - 3.94
    6/23 - 5.00 (3 mile walk and class)

Total - 81.96
  • NewCaddy
    Options
    June 1 - 2.00
    June 2 - 2.06
    June 3 - 2.49
    June 4 - 2.67
    June 5 - 4.00
    June 6 - 2.34
    June 7 - 0.66
    June 8 - 1.41
    June 9 - 2.02
    June 10 - 1.84
    June 11 - 3.99
    June 12 - 1.00
    June 13 - 2.00
    June 14 - 1
    June 15 - 2
    June 16 - 4
    June 17 - 3
    June 18 - 2
    June 19 - 3
    June 20 - 1
    June 21 - 3.52
    June 22 - 2.85

Total - 60.37 / 75

Last Week:
    Monday - trainer (done)
    Tuesday - packing my uncles trailer (done)
    Wednesday - water aerobics (not done)
    Thursday - workout with sister (done)
    Friday - rest (done)
    Saturday - workout with sister (done)
    Sunday - rest (actually driving my son and his friend to church camp -- will be a 3 hour round trip) (done)
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Karen~Love the new profile pic, both you and the bride looked lovely. I imagine, as a lit teacher, that your toast was over the top .:wink: I’m excited for your vacation! Also, great advice for those changing things up a bit to get that scale moving again.

@L2T~It always amazes me how many emails I have when I return for vacation, takes me days to get caught up usually.

AFM~Not much to report, didn’t do much over the weekend. The pool/block party in my neighborhood was canceled yesterday due to rain; think it’s being rescheduled for next weekend. I hope I make my mileage goal, didn’t get much in over the weekend—not sure I can get in 20 miles but I will try. I can't cook right now, so its been a world of frozen foods (which I hate) last couple of weeks--as a result my calories/macros are low which I thought would really impact weight loss, interestingly enough the scale is creeping downwards .:huh: I'll be glad when cast comes off and I can return to cooking, though. Having some minor complications from my surgery, so see doc this morning to have my hand evaluated.

June Miles:

6/01/14—2.25mi
    6/02/14—3.92mi
    6/03/14—3.69mi
    6/04/14—3.56mi
    6/05/14—3.11mi
    6/06/14—2.95mi
    6/07/14—0.72mi
    6/08/14—3.13mi
    6/09/14—3.34mi
    6/10/14—3.93mi
    6/11/14—none
    6/12/14—none
    6/13/14—none
    6/14/14—none
    6/15/14—none
    6/16/14—none
    6/17/14—none
    6/18/14—none
    6/19/14—none
    6/20/14—3.79mi
    6/21/14—1.00mi
    6/22/14—none

Total: 35.39/55 Miles
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    just a quick health update - saw my doctor this morning for the chronic sinus blockage and am being referred to an ENT... hopefully can get in within a couple of weeks, but the wait time varies.