Lost 100 Pounds in 4 Months Done the RIGHT Way!

Options

Replies

• EdwinVelez
    Options
    photocopy.jpg

8 1/2 month point!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    100 pounds in 4 months is amazing!!!!!!! Awesome!!!!!!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Hoorah for advertisement threads. Srsly now, can it be removed?
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    And you will need surgery to repair your skin for losing around 6 lbs a week (avg.) Losing weight that fast can have negative effects on our skin. Part of the point of losing weight is so you'll feel you look better. How are you going to feel if you lose 100 lbs in 4 mos and have tons of skin or continue and lose 200 in 8 mos. This is not something to be impatient with. Our body's and mind's need to learn this lifestyle so we can keep the weight off.

The speed of weight loss actually has little to do with what one's skin will do long-term. In three years, his skin will look the same as if he'd lost that same amount of weight over a year. Plus, quite frankly, if you're losing weight that quickly, you have more serious health issues to worry about than what your skin will look like. Like what happens to your body when you're basically starving yourself. Personally, I'm a lot more worried about my health than my extra skin.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Unless you were under close medical supervision during this time, I don't think one can ever describe looking 25 pounds a month as "the right way" to lose weight. The health consequences of such rapid weight loss can be serious.
  • cuttingA83
    cuttingA83 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    holy wow! here's another amazing story that gives me hope that i can continue to do this and reach my goals! ive lost almost 40lbs in 3 months and still going strong. of course im a female and loose differently so im ok with u done 70lbs more in 1 more month than I... but i'm truely amazed with this and I very much appreciate u sharing ur story and success with us. thank u! ur amazing! keep it up! :)
  • EdwinVelez
    Options
    Unless you were under close medical supervision during this time, I don't think one can ever describe looking 25 pounds a month as "the right way" to lose weight. The health consequences of such rapid weight loss can be serious.

When you do a complete lifestyle change and are disciplined and determined, BELIEVE me it can be done!!! I am in the best shape of my life. I run anywhere from 5-8 miles a day and continue t work out.

The right way....yes the right way...eating healthy and incorporating daily exercise is the right way!. No surgery...pure will power and mind power.

the only health consequence i would say is a little loose skin.....besides that....100% healthy!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Whether you are trying to lose a significant amount of weight or just trying to stay fit, ViSalus as the product for you. It is definitely the best tasting stuff out there! With the great taste comes a great product that works.

As I work to stay fit with VERY BUSY schedule being a Middle School Educator, ViSalus keeps me going with their quick and easy to fix shakes….THAT literally taste AMAZING!

Click on my link below for more information on the products they offer!!! If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to shoot me a message!!

And there we have it folks... not exactly the "success story" I was hoping for... but whatever gets people motivated.... I guess.
  • EdwinVelez
    Options
    No need to worry about my health! I am 100% healthy..

and if you look at my blog you can see that I did not STARVE myself!! its all about what you intake and portion sizes!!!
  • jimmeezwyf
    jimmeezwyf Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I actually just got off the phone with my cousin who is a medical doctor and she didn't disagree with the way he lost it after I told her his story. Funny...are those of you spouting your negative comments doctors? If he is eating right and working out and he loses 100 lbs. in 4 months I can guarantee you a doc would have NO problem with that as long as he has no prior medical conditions that would make it bad. My cousin informed me that the extra weight is much more detrimental to his health than losing weight the way he did it. He didn't starve himself and he worked out. It would be different if he wasn't getting what his body needed, ie. starving himself, diet pills, drugs, etc. To all you haters, hate on because he looks absolutely amazing and is in better shape health wise than he was 4 months ago and NO doc would argue that. May I offer my congrats to you! You have done a fantastic job and are changing the ugly path in which your life was taking you! You look absolutely amazing!
  • Dandawa
    Options
    Amazing I am so impressed I shall read the blog. As for the one questioning the skin. Come on really you don t think we are already aware of what may happen. Maybe you are upset that you can not even get to your goal weight in 4 months so you dogged on him. Truly not cool.
    If i can lose half of this in 4 months I will be over the moon.
  • EdwinVelez
    Options
    If you have read...I lost the weight without this product!!!! I am starting to use it now to keep in shape as my schedule has gotten busier due to teaching middle school and being in school myself.!!!!
  • jimmeezwyf
    jimmeezwyf Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    If you have read...I lost the weight without this product!!!! I am starting to use it now to keep in shape as my schedule has gotten busier due to teaching middle school and being in school myself.!!!!

There's nothing wrong with using shakes as meal replacements as long as you are meeting you nutritional goals and it's not all the time...there are A LOT of haters on this site. Watch out because here they come in full force!
  • NoFatChick2
    Options
    It'll be interesting to see if you can keep it off. since that was pretty fast weight loss. Thing is, I think your biggest advantage is your age.

Now, this is just my opinion, but it seems like that when people address their weight problems when they are young or young adults, they have a better chance of keeping it off for good. I think if you can maintain this for the new few years, then your chances of keeping it off for the rest of you life are pretty good.

In any event, no hate here. You look fabulous. And no doubt, you feel better too. Good job! (P.S. the skin issue is minimal compared to the health risks of being that overweight)
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    Options
    My concern is that you are a relatively young man and it appears that you were not even eating 1,000 calories per day. After your work outs your net intake would have been what I'm afraid would be dangerously low.

Regardless of my concern, good for you for working so hard and achieving a healthier life.
  • tikafly
    tikafly Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Whether you are trying to lose a significant amount of weight or just trying to stay fit, ViSalus as the product for you. It is definitely the best tasting stuff out there! With the great taste comes a great product that works.

As I work to stay fit with VERY BUSY schedule being a Middle School Educator, ViSalus keeps me going with their quick and easy to fix shakes….THAT literally taste AMAZING!

Click on my link below for more information on the products they offer!!! If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to shoot me a message!!

And there we have it folks... not exactly the "success story" I was hoping for... but whatever gets people motivated.... I guess.

Exactly. You know what they say about if it sounds too good to be true...

In whatever amount of time the OP lost his weight, good for him. However, no one is going to buy Visalus from him...sounds like an erectile dysfunction medication anyhow.
  • EdwinVelez
    Options
    My concern is that you are a relatively young man and it appears that you were not even eating 1,000 calories per day. After your work outs your net intake would have been what I'm afraid would be dangerously low.

Regardless of my concern, good for you for working so hard and achieving a healthier life.

I ate at least 1400 calorie a day. when you incorporate lots of cardio and sweating. Its possible

photocopy.jpg

this is my 8.5 month picture....Im running 5-8 miles a day and working hard on my core. My health is definitely not in danger!
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    Options
    I should also add that even though your calorie intake was very low, your diet looks very balanced and you did a good job of including various fruits, veggies, lean proteins, etc.
  • EdwinVelez
    Options

Exactly. You know what they say about if it sounds too good to be true...

In whatever amount of time the OP lost his weight, good for him. However, no one is going to buy Visalus from him...sounds like an erectile dysfunction medication anyhow.

well sorry to inform you that my weight loss is a true story. You can read my blog and see what I did to reach my goal. Its almost disrespectful to down size someones success. www.EdwinVelezSuccess.com

about the visalus...I just started this a few weeks back to help with my busy schedule. I teach middle school and go to school full time. Cooking my meals and stuff like I did during the summer became hard, and vi is the alternative i use to get my mornings started. So without concluding "its to go to be true" I can insure you that I have co-workers and close friends that have been my support throughout the process.

it just takes determination, dedication, but most of all discipline! Stop being Negative and maybe adapt some things and you can be sucessfull yourself

HAVE A BLESSED DAY!
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    Options
    We were replying at the same time. :) It's hard to guestimate calories from pics because we can't tell portion sizes. Glad to hear you were eating 1400 cals or more. Your dedication is pretty amazing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!