Lost 100 Pounds in 4 Months Done the RIGHT Way!

Options

Replies

• k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    If you have read...I lost the weight without this product!!!! I am starting to use it now to keep in shape as my schedule has gotten busier due to teaching middle school and being in school myself.!!!!

There's nothing wrong with using shakes as meal replacements as long as you are meeting you nutritional goals and it's not all the time...there are A LOT of haters on this site. Watch out because here they come in full force!

Actually, I don't hate shakes or meal replacements... they have their place... I lived off them during pregnancy because I did not want to eat and could not force myself to eat anything other than macaroni and cheese for the entire pregnancy... however, and I admit I did not read the blog, this does seem a little contrived and looks like it is an advertisement for something...

@ OP: Look guy, I'm not begruding your weight loss... and great job on losing 100 pounds, regardless of the time frame... but I have a hard time believing that you did it in the real world and not on the Biggest Loser Ranch or something similar where you are surrounded by medical and health professionals...

You say you were eating 1400 calories, was that before or after exercise? Because if that was before you factor in exercise, what you are basically saying is that if you burned 600 calories in cardio you really only consumbed 800 calories aday... that's what people mean by "not even eating 1000 calories a day".
  • emmalouc93
    emmalouc93 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    And you will need surgery to repair your skin for losing around 6 lbs a week (avg.) Losing weight that fast can have negative effects on our skin. Part of the point of losing weight is so you'll feel you look better. How are you going to feel if you lose 100 lbs in 4 mos and have tons of skin or continue and lose 200 in 8 mos. This is not something to be impatient with. Our body's and mind's need to learn this lifestyle so we can keep the weight off.

Surely some loose skin is a lot better than risking your life being overweight?
    So bitter.

Well done to OP, great work!
  • optionalsourcewins
    Options
    Congratulations on your success!! Awesome job and awesome blog. I will be a regular visitor to your blog!!! Thanks for sharing.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Amazing job and in such a short period of time.
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    And you will need surgery to repair your skin for losing around 6 lbs a week (avg.) Losing weight that fast can have negative effects on our skin. Part of the point of losing weight is so you'll feel you look better. How are you going to feel if you lose 100 lbs in 4 mos and have tons of skin or continue and lose 200 in 8 mos. This is not something to be impatient with. Our body's and mind's need to learn this lifestyle so we can keep the weight off.

Surely some loose skin is a lot better than risking your life being overweight?
    So bitter.

Well done to OP, great work!

It doesn't look to me like he has loose skin in his pictures.
  • EdwinVelez
    Options
    If you have read...I lost the weight without this product!!!! I am starting to use it now to keep in shape as my schedule has gotten busier due to teaching middle school and being in school myself.!!!!

There's nothing wrong with using shakes as meal replacements as long as you are meeting you nutritional goals and it's not all the time...there are A LOT of haters on this site. Watch out because here they come in full force!

Actually, I don't hate shakes or meal replacements... they have their place... I lived off them during pregnancy because I did not want to eat and could not force myself to eat anything other than macaroni and cheese for the entire pregnancy... however, and I admit I did not read the blog, this does seem a little contrived and looks like it is an advertisement for something...

@ OP: Look guy, I'm not begruding your weight loss... and great job on losing 100 pounds, regardless of the time frame... but I have a hard time believing that you did it in the real world and not on the Biggest Loser Ranch or something similar where you are surrounded by medical and health professionals...

You say you were eating 1400 calories, was that before or after exercise? Because if that was before you factor in exercise, what you are basically saying is that if you burned 600 calories in cardio you really only consumbed 800 calories aday... that's what people mean by "not even eating 1000 calories a day".

After cardio!

I do have a degree in Sports Med/Fitness and Health Promotions

and this was one of the main reasons I took on the challenge to lose the weight. How could I have helped someones, when I was obese myself.
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    Options
    I am sorry if my concern came across as negative. I think you did an amazing job. I think that you are so much healthier now that you're eating healthy foods, exercising daily, and drinking plenty of water.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

After cardio!

I do have a degree in Sports Med/Fitness and Health Promotions

and this was one of the main reasons I took on the challenge to lose the weight. How could I have helped someones, when I was obese myself.

And I respect that... really I do... I am just skeptical by nature... It's the scientist in me... :wink:
  • angiemartin78
    angiemartin78 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! What a great job you have done turning your life around :smile:
  • jdg64
    jdg64 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have never posted on this website but dude way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!!!!!
  • rytifgates
    rytifgates Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Do you think I will have loose skin? :( I've got like 80 to lose. I was going to try the carb cycling but I don't want to lose it so fast I'm a pile of skin!!!
  • EdwinVelez
    Options
    Do you think I will have loose skin? :( I've got like 80 to lose. I was going to try the carb cycling but I don't want to lose it so fast I'm a pile of skin!!!

I did core workouts during the process to try to help with the skin. Also there are many fruits and veggies that you can eat that will help with the skins elasticity!
  • mamakira
    Options
    Amazing. Congratulations on your weight loss!
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Ignore the negative comments! You look great and you worked hard to get there, and it's ridiculous that you should have to defend yourself against negativity.
  • mnlght535
    Options
    Absolutely inspirational. It's almost too good to be true. You have shown a lot of people that it can be done, including myself. Fantastic!!!:happy:
  • Olive32214
    Olive32214 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Well Done, you did it and look Great !!!
  • pstansel74
    pstansel74 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Great job, 1400 after cardio is respectable (although I know some will disagree). I lost about 40 pounds in the same time period so your dedication is really great.
  • xSakura
    xSakura Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    You've lost double what I want to lose in 6 - 7 months! That's incredible! A true inspiration, thank you for sharing your story, you are living proof that anything is possible :bigsmile:
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, amazing job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!