Gym pet peeves

Options

Replies

• barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of the above!!! :grumble: :noway:

Will add that people walking around the locker room & bathroom stalls dripping WET.
    They don't even bother to towel off a little.......... just let it DRIP!!! :huh: :angry:

Another one for me is in a class like aerobic kick boxing.
    People don't pay attention to their position in relation to others, jumping & flailing about. :explode:

AND: ....... blocking MY view of ME in the mirror!!! :laugh: :bigsmile: :love:

barb you look HAWT 00020156.gif

THANKS BABY!!!! Meooooowwwww! :bigsmile: :blushing:

CONGRATS ON MEETING YOUR GOAL!!! Bravo!!!! :flowerforyou: :love: :flowerforyou:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I know I get peeved when people do not put there weights back especially those HUGE ones, but on Thursday this guy at the gym saya"Hrmmm you wanna put your weights back?, I ignored him cuz I new I had put all mine back and he says it again, I say You mean me?, he says that's alright I'll do it for ya this time! I say you mean that on the bench press? It was like 200 pounds, I said are you serious? I am strong but NOT that strong, he says I bet you can do it, I was like NO Way am I even gonna try so go ahead and put back someone elses weights!! We both laughed!!!
  • barbarella
    Options
    big scary men who give me the "you dont belong here" look when I walk anywhere near the weights,
    and then follow it with yet another dirty look when they realise im lifting less than the weight of their little finger.

It doesn't affect me like it does you since I am not female, but I have no patience for that crap and you don't need to take it either.

I used to get some looks before I lost weight, and because of my age. But I am "confident" enough to basically shove it back in their faces, since I know that in almost every case, my knowledge about training, my lifting form, and the general organization of my workouts is 10x better than they could ever dream of.

I wear my headphones so I don't have to listen to their cliche, puerile muscle head music and just laugh at them.

Act like you know what you're doing, even if you don't........ yet! :laugh: :bigsmile:
    I felt a lot more self-conscious 35 lbs. ago. Now I just do my work & move along.
    I just ignore any looks I may get for presumably being female & older.

Azdak........ you hit a lot of 'em.... woo! :drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    big scary men who give me the "you dont belong here" look when I walk anywhere near the weights,
    and then follow it with yet another dirty look when they realise im lifting less than the weight of their little finger.

It doesn't affect me like it does you since I am not female, but I have no patience for that crap and you don't need to take it either.

I used to get some looks before I lost weight, and because of my age. But I am "confident" enough to basically shove it back in their faces, since I know that in almost every case, my knowledge about training, my lifting form, and the general organization of my workouts is 10x better than they could ever dream of.

I wear my headphones so I don't have to listen to their cliche, puerile muscle head music and just laugh at them.

Act like you know what you're doing, even if you don't........ yet! :laugh: :bigsmile:
    I felt a lot more self-conscious 35 lbs. ago. Now I just do my work & move along.
    I just ignore any looks I may get for presumably being female & older.

Azdak........ you hit a lot of 'em.... woo! :drinker:

I have a hard time going in the Gorilla room. I had a trainer for a short time and she MADE me go in there. When this one dude stood OVER me while I did ab work during my rest time.....I was so nervous.......but then added a set up squats to drag it out.

That'll show em!!:glasses:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    people who talk to much.. When I am working out.. that is my time and i don't want to be bothered! Drives me nuts when you only have "X" amount of time and people don't understand how precious that time is!

Oh really> Howlonghaveyoubeencominghere?doyouworkoutoften?howmuchhaveyoulost?whichmachineisyourfavorite?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: as my ear phone is dangling and my sweat is flying.........
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    So here is my question:

Must of the things listed here would be agreed to by almost everyone you would ask.

So....who are the ones doing the inappropriate actions? Sometimes it seems like it's the same 50 or so doofuses that go from gym to gym...:bigsmile:
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    So here is my question:

Must of the things listed here would be agreed to by almost everyone you would ask.

So....who are the ones doing the inappropriate actions? Sometimes it seems like it's the same 50 or so doofuses that go from gym to gym...:bigsmile:
  • slightingscale
    slightingscale Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    So here is my question:

They are definitely make a stop in Oregon, then on to Illinois....
  • barbarella
    Options
    The Gorilla Room!!! LOL, good one! :laugh: :bigsmile:
    And yes, I enjoyed tagging along with my trainer.
    Then I totally didn't care about anybody else! :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    The Gorilla Room!!! LOL, good one! :laugh: :bigsmile:
    And yes, I enjoyed tagging along with my trainer.
    Then I totally didn't care about anybody else! :laugh:

The first time the PT took me in there she had me do chest press with 8 lb dumbells....then made me grunt and throw them on the floor:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I hit her water cup and water went flying......we LOL the rest of the hour

:drinker:
  • bahansen
    bahansen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    People who chew gum loudly....so VERY LOUDLY that I can hear it even when wearing headphones.
    (Loud gum chewing in general is a pet peeve of mine anyway, but come on)
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    People who sit at a machine NOT USING IT, just chatting on their cell phone!!:angry:
    P.S. Hi Jeannie!!!:happy:
    ~Roni
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Now I remember why I don't like going to the gym!

pool pet peeves:
    1. people who swim very slowly but take up two lanes so nobody can pass (or people who swim in pairs and take up two lanes).
    2. people who are oblivious to everybody around them as they come steaming down in freestyle, arms flailing and just about braining anybody within 5 feet of them; plus they can't swim straight - I had to duck under the rope into the next lane to avoid getting hit.

Hmm - re-reading this, it's really the same thing: people who swim the same way they're driving :explode:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    People who sit at a machine NOT USING IT, just chatting on their cell phone!!:angry:
    ~Roni

:angry: excuse me, are you done with your call???????

and HI RONI!!!!!

I will add...ppl who ask me if I am done with the machine while I am in the middle of abs. I will use chest press.....then turn around and sit on the edge and pull my legs to my chest, down to the floor, up again....so on.....it is a killer ab work out and my arms/shoulders are not engaged. this keeps my heart rate up.......AND it goes up even higher when someone approaches and says excuse me while they are changing the weights:noway: :noway:

I said excuse me, I am on 20 pounds, plz put it back w/o braking stride.

I am now going to make sure I am not doing any of these things when I go to the gym:tongue:
    (thank God I figured out the fiber one bars were the cause of skunkiness...that prob is solved:laugh: )
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    ~Roni

:angry: excuse me, are you done with your call???????

and HI RONI!!!!!

I will add...ppl who ask me if I am done with the machine while I am in the middle of abs. I will use chest press.....then turn around and sit on the edge and pull my legs to my chest, down to the floor, up again....so on.....it is a killer ab work out and my arms/shoulders are not engaged. this keeps my heart rate up.......AND it goes up even higher when someone approaches and says excuse me while they are changing the weights:noway: :noway:

I said excuse me, I am on 20 pounds, plz put it back w/o braking stride.

I am now going to make sure I am not doing any of these things when I go to the gym:tongue:
    (thank God I figured out the fiber one bars were the cause of skunkiness...that prob is solved:laugh: )
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Women who wave around 5lb dumbbells because they are "toning".

Spinning instructors.

People on ab curl or back extension machines.

I'm curious as to why those things bother you.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Someone already mentioned people who talk too loudly so I just had to add this bit:

There are three people who come to the gym every day, two women and a man. One woman and man get on the ellipticals, and the other woman gets on the treadmill...treadmills are lined up in front of the ellipticals, with enough room to walk between the two lines of machines. Then they proceed to carry on a conversation for the next 30 minutes, yelling back and forth to each other. It drives me CRAZY! I'll be about five machines away and have headphones on, and I can still hear them! No matter how many nasty looks you shoot over, they don't get it. It's gotten to the point where I know exactly what time every day they come in, and I will make sure I'm nowhere near those machines at that time. I call them the chatty cathy's. :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    Options
    Women who wave around 5lb dumbbells because they are "toning".

Spinning instructors.

People on ab curl or back extension machines.

I'm curious as to why those things bother you.

:laugh: :laugh: could be me! (cept the spinning ANYthing....)
  • alereyes228
    Options
    people who drink soda (as in coke, sprite, etc) while working out
  • slightingscale
    slightingscale Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Someone already mentioned people who talk too loudly so I just had to add this bit:

There are three people who come to the gym every day, two women and a man. One woman and man get on the ellipticals, and the other woman gets on the treadmill...treadmills are lined up in front of the ellipticals, with enough room to walk between the two lines of machines. Then they proceed to carry on a conversation for the next 30 minutes, yelling back and forth to each other. It drives me CRAZY! I'll be about five machines away and have headphones on, and I can still hear them! No matter how many nasty looks you shoot over, they don't get it. It's gotten to the point where I know exactly what time every day they come in, and I will make sure I'm nowhere near those machines at that time. I call them the chatty cathy's. :laugh:
    I call them the same thing!