Gym pet peeves

Options

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I hate the girl in my gym who will turn the fan off because she doesn't want it pointing on her.

HELLO?!?! :noway: RUDE!!

There are other people in the room who need and enjoy the cooling air while sweating it up on the ellipticals!! Leave it on and point it some other direction. Or get on a machine thats further away from it. Or ASK the other people around you if they want it on! Then she climbs on her elliptical, probably with no resistance and goes 1000 mph without moving her shoulders/arms/upperbody. You are already a size 0!

And of course the gym bunnies who are there to get attention who "work out" but don't get sweaty at all even though they don't even have their hair in a ponytail.

I find this a little offensive. How do you know that she wasn't a size 22 a year ago and that she worked really hard to lose all the weight? I resent people that tell me not to worry about what I eat because of my size. They say..."oh you can have a large slice of cake or an extra roll...you're skin and bones". I take care of my body so that I don't gain weight. I've never weighed over 120 pounds (and that was when I was pregnant) I currently weigh 90, I was 85 prior to having my daughter. Also, the less you weigh the less you sweat to cool down (I don't sweat unless I've been working out for a good 30 minutes).
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I know this doesn't affect ME, but its hard to take girls like this seriously.....but I think I find it humors me more than bothers me...haha

I workout in a college gym facility and for the last week I see these 2 girls come in to workout together. They wear tons of make up (which doesn't bother me as much) and they wear super tight clothes, their hair is perfectly curled/straightened...and then they step on the treadmill for 3 minutes (no LIE!) and then I hear one of them go "ew, gross I am sweating" so they get off their treadmills!! While I am on the treadmill next to them sweating my butt off!! I am literally covered in sweat! My t-shirt is now a different shade of blue!!! Haha!!

Like I said, it doesn't really bother me as much as it humors me....but when they look at me like "oh my gosh, how could someone even handle sweating like that"....thats about the time I want to punch their lights out!! Haha! And then its not so humorous anymore...haha
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    I hate the girl in my gym who will turn the fan off because she doesn't want it pointing on her.

There are other people in the room who need and enjoy the cooling air while sweating it up on the ellipticals!! Leave it on and point it some other direction. Or get on a machine thats further away from it. Or ASK the other people around you if they want it on! Then she climbs on her elliptical, probably with no resistance and goes 1000 mph without moving her shoulders/arms/upperbody. You are already a size 0!

And of course the gym bunnies who are there to get attention who "work out" but don't get sweaty at all even though they don't even have their hair in a ponytail.

I find this a little offensive. How do you know that she wasn't a size 22 a year ago and that she worked really hard to lose all the weight? I resent people that tell me not to worry about what I eat because of my size. They say..."oh you can have a large slice of cake or an extra roll...you're skin and bones". I take care of my body so that I don't gain weight. I've never weighed over 120 pounds (and that was when I was pregnant) I currently weigh 90, I was 85 prior to having my daughter. Also, the less you weigh the less you sweat to cool down (I don't sweat unless I've been working out for a good 30 minutes).

If she wouldn't turn the fan off I wouldn't care how fast she goes or how small she is. Leave the fan on!! lol
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options

If she wouldn't turn the fan off I wouldn't care how fast she goes or how small she is. Leave the fan on!! lol

Then why bring up her weight?
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    The more I read this thread, the more I'm glad we set up our own little gym at home.

Thank you Craigslist...

I don't think it's as bad as it sounds. For every jerk, there are 10 inspiring stories every day--from everyday folks just doing their things, to seniors working to maintain quality of life, to overweight people who have to courage to get out in public and take control of their lives.

None of my "peeves" are meant to be taken all that seriously.

OK--maybe one or two. :wink:
  • KendalBeee
    Options

Then why bring up her weight?

calm down. I didn't mean anything by it. theres no need for drama
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options

sorry but I have to say that I absolutely HATE that my gym not only has air conditioning and ceiling fans but big ginormous standing fans on every corner of the room! How am I supposed to sweat and burn anything?

I can understand when the cardio area is jam packed with lots of ppl but seriously with a hand full of ppl working out u don't need all 20 flans blowing!
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    sorry but I have to say that I absolutely HATE that my gym not only has air conditioning and ceiling fans but big ginormous standing fans on every corner of the room! How am I supposed to sweat and burn anything?

I can understand when the cardio area is jam packed with lots of ppl but seriously with a hand full of ppl working out u don't need all 20 flans blowing!

my gym is kinda old and I enjoy the fan. I can't get any closer to it because they only have 2 ellipticals that have the moving arm/hand pieces and I would rather use those than the ones with no arm movement. Unfortunately the one machine this girl likes to get on is closest to the fan. Not sure why she chooses that particular machine since there are so many others just like it, but its right between me and the fan that I have on. And I'm normally there at peak hours when there are a lot of people and a lot of movement going on.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't want huge fans blowing on me, but sometimes the cardio area gets so hot, it's awful.
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    Nola - I think that is designed for the mens pleasure of seeing ermmm.... women a little nipply! :bigsmile: :laugh:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    The more I read this thread, the more I'm glad we set up our own little gym at home.

Thank you Craigslist...

I don't think it's as bad as it sounds. For every jerk, there are 10 inspiring stories every day--from everyday folks just doing their things, to seniors working to maintain quality of life, to overweight people who have to courage to get out in public and take control of their lives.

None of my "peeves" are meant to be taken all that seriously.

OK--maybe one or two. :wink:

Ya' know, I couldn't relax and work out knowing that there are all of these jillions of ways to piss people off :smile: I've worked hard to get in decent shape, am I now a "musclehead"? Will my mere presence upset anyone? Does letting my skin breathe make me a prima donna showoff? Does lifting heavy enough that I might grunt a little make me an *kitten*? Do the little girls hate me for liting more than 10 pounds? Do the big guys hate me for lifting less than 300? Do I stink? Did I turn a fan on? Did I turn one off? :angry: :explode: :grumble: :blushing:

Who needs that kind of pressure? I just do my thing at home, and I sweat and I stink and I grunt and groan and pose a little and have a hell of a good time and my dogs never judge me.
  • toots99
    Options
    You're lucky! I'd like to have that but I'm in a small apartment.
  • KendalBeee
    Options
    I primarly work out at the gym at work. I also have a gym membership that I use on the weekends but I definitely prefer the little workout room at work to the gym. Its a small room but it has everything I need and for the most part, I'm in there by myself.

The girl who turns off the fan is at the gym on the weekends.
  • nolachick
    Options
    Nola - I think that is designed for the mens pleasure of seeing ermmm.... women a little nipply! :bigsmile: :laugh:

sometimes I think so too.
  • nolachick
    Options

sometimes I think so too.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Ya', it took a good bit of room. We have:

treadmill
    gazelle glider
    elliptical
    bench
    dip tower
    about 200# of iron, including my dumbs, currently loaded about 45# :smile:
    a selection of 2#, 5# and 8# dumbs
    An old television w/Wii(fit) DVD VCR
    and of course some open floorspace for circuits/calisthenics.

We prob spent less than $600 - not counting the electronics. It's worth it to be able to exercise without pissing people off - which I just learned about a thousand ways to do...
    All this fits in the room that used to house a pool table - and it's a little cuddly. Wanna buy a (disassembled) pool table?
  • toots99
    Options
    Ya', it took a good bit of room. We have:

treadmill
    gazelle glider
    elliptical
    bench
    dip tower
    about 200# of iron, including my dumbs, currently loaded about 45# :smile:
    a selection of 2#, 5# and 8# dumbs
    An old television w/Wii(fit) DVD VCR
    and of course some open floorspace for circuits/calisthenics.

We prob spent less than $600 - not counting the electronics. It's worth it to be able to exercise without pissing people off - which I just learned about a thousand ways to do...
    All this fits in the room that used to house a pool table - and it's a little cuddly. Wanna buy a (disassembled) pool table?

Wow, that's awesome for less than $600!!
  • mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I think most everyone covered my pet peeves, but just so I can get them out in the open:

- TOO much perfume or cologne. I feel like I'm choking on your scent while I'm trying to run.
    -People who don't put the dumbells back where they go. I don't want to walk all over the gym looking for the 10 pound dumbell only to find it next to the elliptical.
    -Women who hang out in the locker room nakey. If you're going to change your clothes or get dressed after the shower, the fine...do it, and get it done. But don't stand in front of the mirror drying your hair with absolutely nothing on. You aren't in the privacy of your own home.
  • nolachick
    Options

-Women who hang out in the locker room nakey. If you're going to change your clothes or get dressed after the shower, the fine...do it, and get it done. But don't stand in front of the mirror drying your hair with absolutely nothing on. You aren't in the privacy of your own home.

my bf recently complained of anaked guy standing in front of the mirror shaving (his beard ) lol
  • toots99
    Options

my bf recently complained of anaked guy standing in front of the mirror shaving (his beard ) lol

Yeah, that's just not necessary. :laugh: