Read this if you never want to eat pop-tarts again.

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• bluefrog_2001
    bluefrog_2001 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Doesn't bother me- I eat meat and I prefer if companies DO USE as much as the animal instead of just certain parts and throwing the rest out. I'd rather have an animal product than some chemical "gel".

Ditto.
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Wait until the OP finds out where silk really comes from!

pooor worms having stuff pulled out of their bottoms :sad:

Good grief. I have to learn not to read posts right after getting out of bed. I thought you meant Silk, the soy milk.

I did too! *sigh of relief* lol
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Most American's eat a lot of worse things on a daily basis.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Doesn't bother me- I eat meat and I prefer if companies DO USE as much as the animal instead of just certain parts and throwing the rest out. I'd rather have an animal product than some chemical "gel".

Ditto.

^This. I was taught that you should use as much of the animal as possible. *noms her poptarts happily*
  • jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    <--- Pop Tarts are freaking delicious. (That's a Red Velvet Pop Tart & Red Velvet Cake Ben & Jerry's ice cream sandwich...NOM NOM NOM)
    OMG I never new there were red velvet pop tarts. I must live in a hole. that looks fantastic, and OH, by the way, it's gnom gnom... it has the same root and gnocchi...
  • tylllah
    tylllah Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Lol ☝️
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Gelatin is no new thing, but then again I've never had a pop tart & never plan to. Ewwwwwwww what a sad sack of 'food'
  • tylllah
    tylllah Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Ditto.

^This. I was taught that you should use as much of the animal as possible. *noms her poptarts happily*

Haha
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Now I want a peanut butter pop tart ♡ Heat it up in the toaster, lather in butter.
  • HappyStack
    HappyStack Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Engaging in thread necro.

Pop tart s'mores with a bacon layer.

It's a pork medley.
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    So wait...gelatin is supposed to scare me away from Pop Tarts?

Not bloody likely.
  • anro86
    anro86 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    This only interested me because I had a pop tart for breakfast this morning. It was yummy. No regrets.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Everyone know pop tarts are crappy junk food, but I learned something today that will encourage me to never eat another poptart should I encounter one. I knew jello was made from nasty stuff. Come to find out its a lot more then jello.

The back story: I'm from Iowa originally, and Iowa is known for two things, hogs and corn. Where there is hogs there is meat processing plants. My best friend just began working for one of these pig processing plant and he told me about something.

Companies go to every extent to use every part of the pig. This is where pop-tarts come in, the filling in pop-tarts contains gelatin, not so scary right? What if i told you that was pork gelatin? Yummy your pop-tart filling is made with gelatin that is derived from the hide of a pig. Yum. Other things that gelatin comes from skin, boiled crushed horn, hoof and bones, connective tissues, organs and some intestines of animals such as domesticated cattle, chicken, horses hooves, and pigs.

Products gelatin is use in?
    Gelatin desserts, (like jello) trifles, aspic, marshmallows, and confectioneries such as Peeps and gummy bears. Gelatin may be used as a stabilizer, thickener, or texturizer in foods such as ice cream, jams, yogurt, cream cheese, and margarine; it is used, as well, in fat-reduced foods to simulate the mouthfeel of fat and to create volume without adding calories

Bits and pieces of what I wrote came from a web search, and were not written by me.

Who knew I could get pork while eating a pop tart?

:huh: So?
  • steffipaulina
    Options
    Pop-tarts are tasty but I've never been a fan because for the calories there's just nothing to them. Also, gelatin is in a LOT of foods.
  • steffipaulina
    Options
    Engaging in thread necro.

Pop tart s'mores with a bacon layer.

It's a pork medley.

mmmmmmmm
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    PopTartsGoneNuttyFrostedChocolatePeanutButtertoasterpastries_31908.jpg
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    ....and.....in for bacon pop tarts.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    PopTartsGoneNuttyFrostedChocolatePeanutButtertoasterpastries_31908.jpg

♡ oh yes!
  • Lysander666
    Lysander666 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Nothing more to add than I love how this topic backfired on the OP.

That's all.