Read this if you never want to eat pop-tarts again.

Options

Replies

• taem
    taem Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Well, all I can say is that since horses are now allowed to be sold for human consumption, and these meat eaters are posting how they love meat, might as well put dogs and cats on the menu, and lets use every part of them. We kill dogs and cats everyday because their owners can't take care of them.

We should just eat them, and not waste any part of them!
  • dadof2boyz
    dadof2boyz Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Doesn't bother me- I eat meat and I prefer if companies DO USE as much as the animal instead of just certain parts and throwing the rest out. I'd rather have an animal product than some chemical "gel".

this.

pork is delicious.

this.

ditto!!
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Doesn't freak me out. I don't eat poptarts anyway. But I do remember when Suzy Q's and twinkies were made with real whipped beef fat. They were the tastiest thing ever.
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but this whole thread makes me giggle. I'm waiting for the vegetarian/omnivore/carnivore wars to begin.

May the odds be ever in your favor.
  • KarmaxKitty
    Options
    I am also a vegetarian, and learned about Gelatin years ago. It was crazy to find out that so many things have it. Cheap sour cream, yogurts (greek is usually ok), starburst, skittles, pop tarts, some deli macaroni salads, etc....

If you want your pop tart fix, try Nature's Path Organic Toaster Pastries. They come in many yummy fruit flavors, are gelatin free, and are sold at most grocery stores. :)

I second this. These are pretty freaking tasty. I like them better than pop-tarts. For some reason I can never find them everywhere, but I suppose that's a good thing. I'd eat them all the time. :laugh:
  • KarmaxKitty
    Options
    Well, all I can say is that since horses are now allowed to be sold for human consumption, and these meat eaters are posting how they love meat, might as well put dogs and cats on the menu, and lets use every part of them. We kill dogs and cats everyday because their owners can't take care of them.

????????????

LAWL

:indifferent:
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options

You are gross.... as I look down on my lap with my 3 babies thinking what a sick person you are to even suggest such a horrible thing. We are meat lovers not pet abusers. SMDH at stupid people
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    The gelatin is the last thing in the pop tart that I'm concerned about.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    In England we cook the pork skin and make it crunchy, mmmmmmm, pork scratchings, this is no different, use the whole animal I say.

that sounds amazing, I love pork rinds but have never had them fresh. OMG YUMMY
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Oh and if that didn't make you squirm at all, look for the ingredient "Carmine" or natural red 4 used in food products and natural makes ups....its made from insects.

Yup that lipstick might be from boiled bugs, kind of cool huh?

I knew about gelatin in sweets (like gummy bears) but didn't realise it was in pop tarts. I knew about red food colouring though.

Doesn't put me off though lol, sorry.
  • KarmaxKitty
    Options
    Toaster Strudel it is! :laugh:

DEAD. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • juliekat1955
    Options
    Wait until the OP finds out where silk really comes from!

pooor worms having stuff pulled out of their bottoms :sad:

LOL!
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    As a meatatarian in the U.S., I've known about gelatin for quite a long time. Same with some bugs being used as food dye (which if a company is going to do it, then note it so that those that are vegan or veg or whatever have the info.)

Bone marrow is a delicacy in a lot of places, and the grocery store I used to work at sold it, along with tripe, pig and chicken feet, pig head, head cheese, etc etc. My mom also worked at the same grocery store in the meat department and had to wrap all of these items. I'll spare you some of the grosser jokes and pranks others in the department liked to pull on her (nothing that impacted the food!)

But, I also had to tell a friend of mine that I knew was vegetarian verging on vegan that the jello she was eating one day included animal product. She was from India, but spent most of her life here, and said she'd been eating it since her family got here. I ruined her day:laugh:
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I didn't know that but it doesn't particularly upset me. Might not go down well with some vegetarians. I'm more grossed out by all the flour and the sugar in pop tarts.

Also, why is using all of the animal bad? That's a good thing, why be wasteful?
  • ivikatasha
    ivikatasha Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I still want pop-tarts!!!!

Already knew about the animal and bug thing.
  • jamm2000
    jamm2000 Posts: 79
    Options
    Funny thing is I read this post because I am such the pop-tart addict and really want to stop eating them just because they are a ton of useless calories. However, the facts stated here don't deter me at all. That's sad.
  • rivka_m
    rivka_m Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    Funny thing is I read this post because I am such the pop-tart addict and really want to stop eating them just because they are a ton of useless calories. However, the facts stated here don't deter me at all. That's sad.

Well I'm sure they have bug parts like the spices and peanut butter do, does that help? :tongue:
  • KarmaxKitty
    Options

Well I'm sure they have bug parts like the spices and peanut butter do, does that help? :tongue:

Hm... Poptart peanut butter sandwich...???
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    In England we cook the pork skin and make it crunchy, mmmmmmm, pork scratchings, this is no different, use the whole animal I say.
    In the US we call it "crackling."
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    In the US we call it "crackling."

Ah yes, it's crackling when it's on a pork joint, but it's scratchings when it's cooked up separately, covered in seasoning and sold in bags in pubs around the country:wink: