Read this if you never want to eat pop-tarts again.

Options

Replies

• dodihere
    dodihere Posts: 490
    Options
    Oh my, then you would really hate bacon.
  • lostinthe619
    Options
    One more reason for me to go vege... Damn that.

One more reason for me to go Toaster Strudel. Ha!
  • RawVeganFlirt
    RawVeganFlirt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Oh and if that didn't make you squirm at all, look for the ingredient "Carmine" or natural red 4 used in food products and natural makes ups....its made from insects.

Yup that lipstick might be from boiled bugs, kind of cool huh?

most people think its crazy but i think id rather put boiled bugs on my lips than artificial red color (a carcinogen)! hey atleast its natural right? ;p lol
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Good grief. I have to learn not to read posts right after getting out of bed. I thought you meant Silk, the soy milk.
    I love Silk Coconut milk, but their soy milk is disgusting - it's like paper soaked overnight in water....so gross.
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    WendyFitMomCHANGED Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    But really... no one is eating poptarts thinking they're health food.... If I'm eating a poptart, believe me, I'm not worried about bugs or pork gelatin.

Also, extra protein. :flowerforyou:

If I'm eating Pop Tarts, I'm more worried about my self esteem and ability to cause harm to myself. ;)
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    As Mr Burns said when offering Bart a nice bowl of Jello, "It's made from hooves you know,"
  • WendyFitMomCHANGED
    WendyFitMomCHANGED Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    @geekyJock76 ......... It looks like you're snapping a photo of that girl's butt on your Ticker LOL
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I'm with so many others. This isn't going to stop me. I'd glad we aren't being wasteful and only using the best pieces and throwing the rest away. I don't want those poor pigs to die for nothing, you know.

I also agree with another poster, though..... 200 calories per Pop Tart is kind of insanity. While I like them, it's probably not how I would choose to "spend" 200 calories.
  • Stefanie7125
    Stefanie7125 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I was really hoping this would be something that would permanently deter me from my beloved raspberry frosted poptarts.....

bummer.

Raspberry!?! Really, where? I have NEVER seen a box of raspberry poptarts. Now I am jealous and will have to check every store I go to in the future.
  • sylrog
    sylrog Posts: 14
    Options
    Hello:
    Interesting discussion about poptarts. I don't want to eat poptarts because of all of the calories and high sugar, not so much because of the gelatin thing or that dye is made of bugs. People eat bugs all over the world, some people even on purpose! ;)

I did make some fantastic marshmellow-like treats once using agar agar. I cut them into small pieces so the serving size was small. They were firmer than regular marshmellows and pretty tasty.
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Wait until the OP finds out where silk really comes from!

pooor worms having stuff pulled out of their bottoms :sad:

Good grief. I have to learn not to read posts right after getting out of bed. I thought you meant Silk, the soy milk.

My first LOL this morning - thanks!
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    wow some poeple are so removed from their food that they get shocked when the hear about how we use "everything but the sqweal"

also

:heart: bacon:heart:
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    So...the noble Native Americans are celebrated for using the entire animal when they kill it but then we say "eww" when modern society does it?
  • ZiezieO
    ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Jello has always been known to be made from cattle bones and such... so whenever gelatin comes into a convo that's kind of the idea. However, I should probably alert my vegan buddy... I think she still likes an occasional poptart and I'd love to pop her bubble!
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Doesn't bother me- I eat meat and I prefer if companies DO USE as much as the animal instead of just certain parts and throwing the rest out. I'd rather have an animal product than some chemical "gel".

this.

pork is delicious.

Yes, would have to agree. Though I do not like Pop Tarts so that isn't an issue. Used to be more of a toasted struedle person myself.
  • peachyxoxoxo
    peachyxoxoxo Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Well I'm vegan so I can't eat pop-tarts. But I never liked them anyway... mainly because they taste disgusting and fake! :P I don't understand people's obsession with them.
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I was really hoping this would be something that would permanently deter me from my beloved raspberry frosted poptarts.....

bummer.

Raspberry!?! Really, where? I have NEVER seen a box of raspberry poptarts. Now I am jealous and will have to check every store I go to in the future.

Oh yes... raspberry. One of my kids favorites when allowed to have a box:-)
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing..Geeze..No wonder half the population is sick and unhealthy..look what we eat and what we put in our bodies!!!

The gelatin stuff made from bones is actually quite nourishing.

I am in the process of making bone broth from chicken carcass as we speak. I will be adding some carrot, celery, onion and garlic to it also.

Makes for a very nourishing soup when feeling sick.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    So...the noble Native Americans are celebrated for using the entire animal when they kill it but then we say "eww" when modern society does it?

Ha ha, I know right.
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    LMAO, if that's going to put you off, just know that all that old fast food grease is purchased from them and made into your favorite beauty products, yeah even the ones that have rats floating around in it, lipstick and gloss and anything that may contain oil. Also all canned products are allowed so much "bad" stuff as in bugs and parts of deceased animal parts that may have gotten into it by accident, it doesn't get steralized until it's in the can, yeah yummy right...Now lets move on to your favorite bread (only homemade doesn't fall into this catagory)but imagine all that dough rising and rising and rising until it flows over the cart to continue rising on the floor, where a worker will stop pick it up off the floor and shove it back into the cart, only to then make it into loaves and bake it and send it on it's happy grit and dirt and bug filled way onto your house where you happily put it in your mouth and savor the flavor.

And have you ever read about how ANY chicken nugget product is made? Yeah it's really ugly. And your meat your purchase from any store and or even any meat market, do you even know what they do behind those closed meat cutter doors? I do...my husband was helping remodel a big store here in this area and saw what goes on behind those doors.

Unless you raise and can your own food, your always going to be eating crap you wouldn't touch on a normal basis. Happy eating everyone