Does anyone HATE water as much as i do?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I tried a 30 day water challenge (Only drinking water for 30 days, with the ONLY exception of milk, as long as it's with cereal only). It not only hydrated me and kept me healthy, but I learned to love and even crave, yes, water. Although it was harder getting in the nutrients I needed only drinking water, it was worth it.

Oh and for the post bashing on someone for saying "I have the bladder of a little girl" Calm down. They meant in no way what you were implying. You took things to that level.
    Bladder control is serious. Maybe if you were a little girl once you would understand. What he said was hateful, and I won't stand for discriminatory hate smearing on these forums.

Overreact much? It was a metaphor for having a small bladder...As someone who at one point in their life was an 8 year old girl, I think you need to get your friggen priorities straight. There was no bullying until you started freaking out because someone made a harmless joke. Take your issues somewhere else

Edit to add: I really liked the bit about 'hate smear' so basically he said "8 year old girls have small bladders so they suck'

^^^^Exxxxxxxactly. So you get what I'm sayin', right?!

No...I think you're overreacting. the edit was supposed to be read with dripping sarcasm.
    I'm over this thread, so I'm going to let you in on the joke. DavPul's my friend- I was just trolling him because it was funny.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I tried a 30 day water challenge (Only drinking water for 30 days, with the ONLY exception of milk, as long as it's with cereal only). It not only hydrated me and kept me healthy, but I learned to love and even crave, yes, water. Although it was harder getting in the nutrients I needed only drinking water, it was worth it.

Oh and for the post bashing on someone for saying "I have the bladder of a little girl" Calm down. They meant in no way what you were implying. You took things to that level.
    Bladder control is serious. Maybe if you were a little girl once you would understand. What he said was hateful, and I won't stand for discriminatory hate smearing on these forums.

Overreact much? It was a metaphor for having a small bladder...As someone who at one point in their life was an 8 year old girl, I think you need to get your friggen priorities straight. There was no bullying until you started freaking out because someone made a harmless joke. Take your issues somewhere else

Edit to add: I really liked the bit about 'hate smear' so basically he said "8 year old girls have small bladders so they suck'

^^^^Exxxxxxxactly. So you get what I'm sayin', right?!

No...I think you're overreacting. the edit was supposed to be read with dripping sarcasm.

Honestly, I thought MoreBean was kidding? Was she?? Wasn't she?? Now I'm confused. Oh well, it's bedtime anyway. Nighty night y'all. :yawn:
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options

I'm over this thread, so I'm going to let you in on the joke. DavPul's my friend- I was just trolling him because it was funny.

You were typing this while I was typing mine. I was 99.9% sure you were kidding....then again --you never know! :laugh:
  • MoreBean13
    Options

You were typing this while I was typing mine. I was 99.9% sure you were kidding....then again --you never know! :laugh:

LOL, I KNEW I went too far! I need to learn how to make my trolling more believable, but keep the same level of ridiculousness.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    But seriously, I suspect that Mio is hazardous stuff. I sure wouldn't drink it.
  • lnghairedgrl
    Options
    I hate water. Especially tap water. I live in Philly and we "lovingly' call our tap water Schuylkill Punch (Schuylkill is our river. it's brown and gross looking). I do find that I do like drinking Poland Springs. It has a good "taste" to me. And also, until I got more used to the taste of plain water, I used the Crystal lite mix-ins. I don't think adding 10 calories to your water is a bad thing if it makes you drink it!
  • MoreBean13
    Options
    I hate water. Especially tap water. I live in Philly and we "lovingly' call our tap water Schuylkill Punch (Schuylkill is our river. it's brown and gross looking). I do find that I do like drinking Poland Springs. It has a good "taste" to me. And also, until I got more used to the taste of plain water, I used the Crystal lite mix-ins. I don't think adding 10 calories to your water is a bad thing if it makes you drink it!

Gaaahhh hahahaha I grew up on Schuylkill punch too! Brita works wonders.
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I used to not like water. It tasted funny because I was used to drinking soda, juice and kool aid. But I knew that water is the best liquid for me and I pushed myself to drink it. It only takes a week of drinking water only to get used to it. Then you'll crave it over all else.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options

Gaaahhh hahahaha I grew up on Schuylkill punch too! Brita works wonders.

Wow guys, that's gross. I grew-up in the Chicago area drinking water out of Lake Michigan. A lake where Amoco (pre-BP) dumped their waste, steel mills, and Lever Bros dumped their waste, yup, good stuff. Not to mention all the rusty tankers that cruised on through. Is any water really safe at this point? LOL
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I hate cold water. Drink purified water if you hate the taste of spring water.
  • pbrazina
    pbrazina Posts: 10
    Options
    I see a lot of people saying they hate water, but I think (or at least in my opinion) is that people are thinking water is boring. I find it boring and honesty don't drink as much as I should.

Drinking diet soda or Crystal Light (which I am guilty of) is not a good idea as it is putting artificial sweeteners into your system.
    Drinking caffeinated drinks (coffee, tea, etc...) in lieu of water is not good either.

My suggestion would be to either put in a wedge of lemon or lime as this is natural and good for you. Just think, you are preventing Scurvy.

If this doesn't appeal to you, decaffeinated tea (or home brewed decaffeinated iced tea) is no less healthy for you than drinking plain water.

While this would not be the ideal choice, you could probably put a few drops of agave into the water to give it a bit of flavor. Again, not the best choice, but just some ideas to make drinking a glass of water more appealing.

When I am at work, I make it a point to wash my hands every time I go to the copier or the kitchen or bathroom as there are more germs than you realize in an office. As such, I also make it a point to get a paper cup of water. After a few weeks, it become habitual.

I hope these suggestions help.
  • Apocalypse_Meow
    Apocalypse_Meow Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Ha. I feel like a freaking idiot now.
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I really don't understand why people "hate" water. Naturally, that is what we should be drinking...

However, try drinking it cold. I know a lot of people who hate drinking lukewarm water...
    even filtered the local water were i live tastes and smells like pool water and im highly chemical sensitive to the point of some of the purifiers and cleaners used can actually make me nauseaus
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Growing up, I drank nothing but soda. My parents would buy six or seven 12-packs every two weeks because that was all I ever drank. I drank any kind, and refused to drink water. Water for me was disgusting. I grew up practically dehydrated everyday. I'd have bursts of high energy, but then become sluggish in the late afternoon after school, and would gorge myself, drink more soda, and fall asleep. When I would wake up, I would be incredibly dehydrated with a huge headache...and drink more soda XD. I didn't start packing on the weight until late high school, but generally, it was an extremely bad diet to grow up with, with the minor offset of healthy Asian dinners at night, (although I ate junk food later that night anyway.)

Now I drink nothing but water and tea (no sugar). Anything with artificial sweeteners tend to hurt my throat, but when I want some sort of flavored drink, I tend to drink my water with a packet of Crystal Light peach tea, although it hurts a bit for the first couple of gulps going down ;P.
  • ShaneOSX
    ShaneOSX Posts: 198
    Options
    There is no scientific data whatsoever to support the 8 cups of water a day thing. If you drink when you're thirsty, you will be fine. The only time you need to be proactive is in situations of serious exertion or heat.

As for enjoying the water, buy a Sodastream and make your own seltzer. It's pretty much the only water I drink at this point.