Dating Advice Needed

Options
12346»

Replies

• Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Look, it's simple. People do what they love. People act on what they want. Want drives everything.

[rant =on]

Because I want to be in contact with a woman, I wont be able to HELP contacting her. When I - if I - ever fall helplessly in love...scratch that...

When I even fall in LIKE again - form a real dating relationship...It will not be a case of 'if I like her I will communicate with her" - that's backwards....BECAUSE I like her I won't be able to NOT. When I find "her" and we have sparks and connection and energy and all that happy-sparkly...

The love part will be EASY. E.A.S.Y.

If you can't easily love the one you're with, you might should not be with them. Fight about stupid **** like dishes or laundry or bills. But when there exists within a relationship a real, true, and wonderful bond or chemistry...dude...all the texting and phone calls and hanging-out will happen because it'll have no choice.

When I am with a woman I really am into - None of the TPS reports, or cover-sheets for them....none of the long nights at work...none of the gawd-awful 'Excellence Meetings!'....all the Metrics....none of that **** will matter - or it WILL matter but i'll be distracted. Hell, I might even send a quick pic of my nuts to the woman - IF she's into that sorta thing; doesnt have to be a pic of my testicles, could be just a pic of my dimples...or my eyes...or me at work...or whatever...but I'll send that stuff JUST so she knows what she has to look-forward to the next time i get her out for wining and dining and...."long walks on the beach"

Geezus - sometimes we make things so difficult on ourselves. STOP CHASING PEOPLE, people. Let those who really WANT you...let them follow gravity towards you. Let chemistry happen. If chemistry doesn't happen - do NOT chase/force/coerce or demand anything from them...just let it go folks. Move on. I promise you...you are SOMEBODY's DREAM woman or man.

THIS!!!! I met my boyfriend off a dating site 2.5yrs ago. We talked NON stop every single day until we went on our first date. And on that date we couldn't stop talking to each other to the point that he almost was late for work (he works night shift). We lived 45mins from each other and he made a huge effort to see me as much as possible. After we dated a year and a half we moved in together....and we STILL talk to each other all the time and love spending time with each other. He's at work when I get up for work and every morning I txt him I love you and every night when he gets to work he does the same. And he'll txt me until he goes to sleep just asking how my day is so far. When you find the right person you will know, don't waste your time with someone who is not willing to make you a priority. If he isn't communicating this early in a relationship there's probably a reason, and you should have to force someone to talk to you.
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    THIS!!!! I met my boyfriend off a dating site 2.5yrs ago. We talked NON stop every single day until we went on our first date. And on that date we couldn't stop talking to each other to the point that he almost was late for work (he works night shift). We lived 45mins from each other and he made a huge effort to see me as much as possible. After we dated a year and a half we moved in together....and we STILL talk to each other all the time and love spending time with each other. He's at work when I get up for work and every morning I txt him I love you and every night when he gets to work he does the same. And he'll txt me until he goes to sleep just asking how my day is so far. When you find the right person you will know, don't waste your time with someone who is not willing to make you a priority. If he isn't communicating this early in a relationship there's probably a reason, and you should have to force someone to talk to you.

I really REALLY envy what you have in the most positive of ways. It's a non-creepy/spiteful jealousy. Congrats to you!
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options

I really REALLY envy what you have in the most positive of ways. It's a non-creepy/spiteful jealousy. Congrats to you!

Thanks so much :happy: it took me a long time to finally find my "best friend" and I wouldn't have it any other way.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    Any more of an update? I hope he's still doing what he said! Best of luck
  • sbernardy
    sbernardy Posts: 188
    Options
    Honestly, if he was interested in you a "busy schedule" would not stop him from talking to you.

I have had this happen to me twice...they say they are interested but do not bother calling/communicating with you.

Dont invest your time into a guy who won't invest his.

Soild and sound advise! If we are interested... no matter how busy we are... we'll call.. text.. or other to let you know it! i"ve stayed up for days on end just to ensure I could spend time with someone.

^^ This I met my husband on a dating website.. I had two kids he has 4 I worked first shift he works third shift... we always found time to send a txt or chat! I remember he would be at work in the middle of the night and he would send a txt.. I would wake up to the message coming and I would send one back... same thing while I was at work.. trust me if he was totally in to you he would find time no matter what! I agree with the above posters and move on.. Also would like to add that we lived 45 mins away from each other and we found time every night to see each other.. we would take turns driving... so please keep looking... and good luck!