Ruined my body lifting HEAVY ( sadly with pics)

Options

Replies

• WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Well done!
  • nikic50
    nikic50 Posts: 209
    Options
    You got me on the sarcasm - you look great....good job, love the "ruined" you!!
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    saving for later
  • Jackieonappy
    Jackieonappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    LOL! Fantastic!
  • Angelbre2002
    Options
    Okay, so I keep looking at this picture and I'm not finding man arms anywhere! You, know what weight lifting did? It kept your muscle tone while you were losing weigh that's why you nice and firm instead of cottage cheesy and flabby. You look good!
  • Karen98100
    Options
    What have you done!! haha

I slowly scrolled and was thinking please be joking. You look amazing!
  • jen_bd6
    jen_bd6 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I love sarcasm :)
  • SerenityGelsinger
    SerenityGelsinger Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping this is sarcasm? Because you look great!
  • gingersnapx00
    Options
    I am built just like that up top too! Not matter what I lift light or heavy my arms bulk up as well as my shoulders. I think its just a genetic thing in my family that putting on muscle is really easy. My father was a body builder and could bulk up really fast. I stick with light weights and circuit training. I learned to embrace the muscles and buy a medium in shirts :)
  • youcandooeet
    youcandooeet Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yay for fellow female lifters. Woot!

And yes, to the 9000 people who asked, this is obviously sarcastic. She's thrilled with her results and is the oppostie of bulky! She looks amazing, so obviously she's happy!
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    As you can see in my before picture...I was shapely and very womanly.....

422946_3099678004535_1041711904_32700648_1852917221_n-1.jpg

I feel victim to the notion that woman would NOT bulk up by lifting heavy...boy was I wrong....I wish I had not strayed from doing the ellipticals everyday for 60 minutes...I have so ruined the looks of my body.. I have man arms now :sad: I should not have donated my 3 pound pink barbie weights... I should not have started doing deadlifts ( currently at 180lbs...) Thankfully, I have come to my senses before it was too late!
    THIS is what lifting heavy will do to your bodies ladies...you have beem warned.

530906_3928664088669_1989270176_n.jpg

This is tragic! It breaks my heart to see another woman lose her curves to deadlifts, and no doubt, squats. Please ladies, stay in the cardio room were you belong, on the eliptical for 60 minutes, where you are safe from figure ruining weights.
  • cariandy
    cariandy Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Simply STUNNING Results!!! in just a few months, too!!! congrats!!! I need to get back to my strength training now that my 2 Half marathons are done!! I love running, but I look and feel soo much better with weight training too!!!! You are living proof!!! :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • thano30
    thano30 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the laugh and congrats on your transformation!
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options
    You bulkasaurus :P haha Well done!!! You did great :)
  • LosinItAll2012
    LosinItAll2012 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping to ruin my body like that :laugh:

You look Fantastic!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    I don't get your point. you think your arms look like man arms in the second photo? I don't think so..I think if you lost another 10 pounds your arms would look smaller. Overall..you look really good.... I have bigger arms too..and when I'm at my goal weight they are the last things to slim down... so lose a bit more...I don't think it is the weights.
  • Discogirl15
    Options
    LOL! you look fantastic! I wish I could ruin my body like yours!:wink::devil:
  • smp0723
    smp0723 Posts: 88
    Options
    You look fabulous!!!!!!!
  • karensoxfan
    karensoxfan Posts: 902 Member
    Options

I feel victim to the notion that woman would NOT bulk up by lifting heavy...boy was I wrong....I wish I had not strayed from doing the ellipticals everyday for 60 minutes...I have so ruined the looks of my body.. I have man arms now :sad: I should not have donated my 3 pound pink barbie weights... I should not have started doing deadlifts ( currently at 180lbs...) Thankfully, I have come to my senses before it was too late!
    THIS is what lifting heavy will do to your bodies ladies...you have beem warned.

LOL - you rock! And you look fantastic! 180 lb. deadlifts look gooooood on you! :happy:
  • questiontheanswers
    questiontheanswers Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING! I am just starting Stage 1 of NROLFW tonight, so this was timely. I can't wait to ruin my body the way you did yours. :laugh:

By the way, that is the cutest bathing suit in your "ruined" picture! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!