Ruined my body lifting HEAVY ( sadly with pics)

Options

Replies

• postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I will need gifs for this.
    For those who didn't pick up the sarcasm, try reading her post again. I know it can be difficult at times to understand context over a message, but she clearly uses humor and boasts a great sense of accomplishment in her post.

One reason I was confused is that she doesn't have that much definition for someone who supposedly lifts heavy. I'm someone who only uses direct weights on her upper body and I haven't exercised in many months and I'm more defined than that.

tumblr_m5ijigUde21qaoan0o1_400.gif

So. You didn't see the sarcasm at first. It happens. But your reaction to seeing the sarcasm is to insult her success in her post in the success forum is saying she's not toned enough? Really? REALLY??

tumblr_lp2gqclwKg1qcehfo.gif

I mean, we're all human here and we're all good for at least one sarcastic thread going over our heads at first, but this is the rudest excuse for it that I've ever seen. She dated her before pic, for Pete's sake.

I'm not saying this to get into it with you. It just needs to be said. Just be happy for her that she achieved success! :)
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • GwennyH
    GwennyH Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I can't WAIT to ruin my body like you did! :drinker:

Exactly!
  • Nicole_69
    Options
    You look WONDERFUL! :)
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I can't WAIT to ruin my body like you did! :drinker:

Exactly!

ME TOO!!! <3
  • chocobo93
    chocobo93 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    WOW!! What a bombshell! Can't wait to ruin my body like you did. :wink:
  • gazz777au
    gazz777au Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    beautiful !

To get longer, leaner, you aren't ruined, just getting ready for some re-defining.

Resistance bands and stretching exercises should do you well in the coming months.

As long as you are breathing it is NEVER too late !
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    beautiful !

To get longer, leaner, you aren't ruined, just getting ready for some re-defining.

Resistance bands and stretching exercises should do you well in the coming months.

Wow.

'Um. No. She should continue with heavy lifting and a moderate calorie deficit.
  • Sthrncupcake
    Sthrncupcake Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    beautiful !

Wow.

Hehe!
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    For those who didn't pick up the sarcasm, try reading her post again. I know it can be difficult at times to understand context over a message, but she clearly uses humor and boasts a great sense of accomplishment in her post.

One reason I was confused is that she doesn't have that much definition for someone who supposedly lifts heavy. I'm someone who only uses direct weights on her upper body and I haven't exercised in many months and I'm more defined than that.

Just...wow...you must be fantastic at parties....

Wasn't aware we were at a party. I was explaining why I (and perhaps some others) missed the OP's humor. It wasn't effective and the photo didn't help. If you lift heavy, you should have more definition than that.

In another post you said you are 102 pounds? You have less body fat. Of course you are going to have more definition.

OP you look fantastic!
  • Serenstar75
    Serenstar75 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    As you can see in my before picture...I was shapely and very womanly.....

THIS is what lifting heavy will do to your bodies ladies...you have beem warned.

Gorgeous and this amused me GREATLY :) So many girls seem to think that weights mess up how they look. I love how you posted this.
  • frankensteen
    frankensteen Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Gosh, why didn't you listen to all of the other girls? They were obviously right about sticking with cardio.

Haha! Amazing work! :drinker:
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Note to self

never be sarcastic on mfp xD
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Hahahaha

Sign me up for the next train wreck!
  • divediva2
    divediva2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I am currently working on ruining my body in much the same manner! Oh and you could get a can of pink spray paint I suppose!:flowerforyou:

glad you showed how a ruined body should look!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

Definition is a function of body fat levels AND muscle size. Her body fat is not low enough to show the definition yet (and she's not flexing, she might have some awesome definition if she flexed). Or she might be happy with her body fat levels where they are. Either way she's maintaining and maybe even building awesome, healthy muscles, and she's probably enjoying her self while doing so.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    Sorry but this is so dumb. Women will not get big or bulky by lifting heavy UNLESS you have a CALORIC SURPLUS, you will not gain size if you are in a caloric deficit, and by the looks your arms are toning up, I'd rather have that then big flabby arms, women reading this post, actually take advice from a professional who has clients on the daily basis doing heavy lifts to get in shape, you have been warned.

Jesse Short
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer

JBjjo.gif

HAHAHAHAHA. Love it!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Smrhoads
    Smrhoads Posts: 31
    Options
    You are my hero!!!
  • jsherrill92
    jsherrill92 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    *screams*

*throws down heavy weights*

*runs away*

:drinker:

lol
  • KarinFit4Life
    KarinFit4Life Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    beautiful !

Wow.

LOL!!
    OP.... You look HOT! Big congratulations on ure success. Im also currently trying my damndest to ruin my physique! :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!