Ruined my body lifting HEAVY ( sadly with pics)

Options

Replies

• marz42
    marz42 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Sorry but this is so dumb. Women will not get big or bulky by lifting heavy UNLESS you have a CALORIC SURPLUS, you will not gain size if you are in a caloric deficit, and by the looks your arms are toning up, I'd rather have that then big flabby arms, women reading this post, actually take advice from a professional who has clients on the daily basis doing heavy lifts to get in shape, you have been warned.

Jesse Short
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer

Jesse is NOT certified in sarcasm.
    Further evidence that someone needs to copyright a sarcasm font ASAP!

Oh comic sans would be *perfect*, everyone looooves comic sans.;)
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    For those who didn't pick up the sarcasm, try reading her post again. I know it can be difficult at times to understand context over a message, but she clearly uses humor and boasts a great sense of accomplishment in her post.

One reason I was confused is that she doesn't have that much definition for someone who supposedly lifts heavy. I'm someone who only uses direct weights on her upper body and I haven't exercised in many months and I'm more defined than that.

A couple of things that you are missing here. Lifting heavy, depending on the reps, is often for strength gains not hypertrophy. Also, visible definition will depend on bf% and the distribution of that bf. We obviously have no idea as to your body composition so it is not a meaningful comparison. The whole point of the post was that it did not make her bulky, a common concern of women.

OP: you look fantastic.
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Sthrncupcake, you have totally made my day with this thread. Great results, btw. Good job!
  • AngelAtkins61
    AngelAtkins61 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    OMG I think I will be sick! WITH ENVY!!! AWESOME JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • babycakesjen
    Options
    I think you look AMAZING ! I wasn't sure what to expect when I opened it
    And I had to double look ! Awesome !!!
  • Sthrncupcake
    Sthrncupcake Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Sthrncupcake, you have totally made my day with this thread. Great results, btw. Good job!

Sanks! I am still looking for pink weights though....actually sulking I dont have any....:cry:
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Not sure which is funnier... the original poster (OP) or the people who completely missed the point. :laugh:
    Think it's probably the OP. Well written and not as scary-sad.
    Thank you, Sthrncupcake!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Sanks! I am still looking for pink weights though....actually sulking I dont have any....:cry:
    like these?
    2.jpg
    (someone on my FL sent this for me- :heart: ! I just hope they come heavier, too.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    For those who didn't pick up the sarcasm, try reading her post again. I know it can be difficult at times to understand context over a message, but she clearly uses humor and boasts a great sense of accomplishment in her post.

One reason I was confused is that she doesn't have that much definition for someone who supposedly lifts heavy. I'm someone who only uses direct weights on her upper body and I haven't exercised in many months and I'm more defined than that.

o_rly-1.jpg
  • megansoriano
    Options
    I can't WAIT to ruin my body like you did! :drinker:

haha, !
  • jeslyn2360
    Options
    I love how sarcasm goes straight over some people's heads.
    You look amazing, by the way!
  • Sthrncupcake
    Options

like these?
    2.jpg
    (someone on my FL sent this for me- :heart: ! I just hope they come heavier, too.

I am SOOO getting some of these! I :heart: hanging out in the testosterone section of the gym sporting HOT PINK!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

I am SOOO getting some of these! I :heart: hanging out in the testosterone section of the gym sporting HOT PINK!

Meee TOOOO! I lift in a little running skirt, too. I like doing bada$$ stuff in a skirt!
  • NoraDorris
    Options
    You're teasing right? You look gorgeous. Congrats on all that hard work.
  • Sthrncupcake
    Options

Meee TOOOO! I lift in a little running skirt, too. I like doing bada$$ stuff in a skirt!

Dang...I haven't even thought about lifting in a skirt...I wear pink, hearts and all kinda girlie shiat...but have NEVER thought about a running skirt....gotta go shopping!
  • chapparra27
    chapparra27 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Your being sarcastic right??? You look amazing!! 180 and your stomach is flat! I wish!!!! I'd say keep heavy lifting! Arms look fab too!
  • Sthrncupcake
    Options
    Your being sarcastic right??? You look amazing!! 180 and your stomach is flat! I wish!!!! I'd say keep heavy lifting! Arms look fab too!

Sarcastic...NEVER... shut your mouth!
  • Robin_Bin
    Robin_Bin Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Laughing is good exercise, right?

But it's probably cardiac and won't make me look bulky like lifting, right? So, laughing's safe?

===================

You do look great!

===================

I may have to go get some hot pink weights. Do they come in purple or lavender too?

Is there some kind of exercise that will help the humor-impaired people?
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Totally love your hook! GOTCHA! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Btw, you look AWESOME OP!
  • Cheri_Moves
    Cheri_Moves Posts: 625 Member
    Options

Dang...I haven't even thought about lifting in a skirt...I wear pink, hearts and all kinda girlie shiat...but have NEVER thought about a running skirt....gotta go shopping!

I DO THIS TOO! LOL!

Mainly because I love my SUPER MUSCULAR THUNDER THIGHS, but its pretty cool :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!