Tell something interesting / odd about your life.....

Options

Replies

• krim12
    krim12 Posts: 102
    Options
    II am an identical mirror twin. We look identical except im left handed shes right handed. I am near sighted she is far sighted.
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Back when Elizabeth Smart was missing I had a dream abut her one night. They found her and I was with her in the ER of a hospital. She had been pregnant and had a child while she'd been missing, and she was crying, and begged me not to tell anyone. I stayed with her in the room and we talked for quite a while. I told my then-husband about the dream when I woke up.

Later that day I was out shopping for baby clothes, and my husband phoned me to tell me that Elizabeth Smart had just been found.

I live in Salt Lake, and before this all happened I used to walk to work and pass the guy who kidnapped her several times a week. He would always ask for money.
  • ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I met the Pope in 1993.
  • sbernardy
    sbernardy Posts: 188
    Options
    BUMP... Love this thread...
  • SlimSammy2012
    Options
    In regards to "6 degrees of Seperation" I am on hop away from the ladies favorite, Oprah!
  • Studiousone75
    Studiousone75 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I toured the Cape Canaveral missile test center the very first day it was ever opened to the public. It was May 19, 1961 in the exciting early days of the American space program, and my mother heard about it on the radio. They were expecting huge crowds so they said the tourists were to drive through in their cars without stopping to get out to walk around or take pictures. My mother urged my father to drive her, and us two kids to Cape Canaveral. We lived some 50 miles away and when my father heard the details on the radio enroute, he asked my mother if she knew about the expected huge crowds. She said yes but said that if she had mentioned that, that they'd never gone. My father almost turned back but continued. As it turned out, the huge crowd expectations apparently scared everyone away except for 10,000 people who toured the center in their cars. I was four years old and sat in the front seat seeing the military-like buildings, much pavement and rockets and rocket pads.

Another one...on February 20, 1962, astronaut John Glenn went up into space. My mother and I (almost 5), and several neighbors with their cameras congregated in our driveway to watch the event, looking east. When the rocket streaked up into the sky, the neighbors and my mother got very excited seeing it.
  • seedsower207
    seedsower207 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I throw tomahawks.
  • seedsower207
    seedsower207 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My second toes are longer than my big toes and I love bacon.

So are mine!
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I am an eerie carbon copy of my grandmother who died at age 20 giving birth. People would see a picture of her on the wall, comment that I looked great, and ask where the picture was taken.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I'm a funeral director, which to me is not odd at all...but most people think it is....

Glad I'm not the only one!

I used to be one! :-)
  • thejen75
    thejen75 Posts: 90
    Options
    I had a miracle healing from gallbladder disease! Five doctors told me I'd have to have it removed. One day, during one horribly intense attack, my dh called me and said he was tired of it, put his hands on my stomach and said, in the name of Jesus, your gallbladder is healed! Immediately I ran from him, threw up all over the bathroom and all the pain stopped. Haven't had a gallbladder attack in three years, prior to that day I was having them 2-4 times a week.

It was amazing, and I'm amazed by the power of God every time I think about it.
    Amazing, indeed. My grandmother had a similar healing of Parkinson's disease.. she had it for a few decades..was prayed over in her church.. and was healed :-)
  • AuddAlise
    AuddAlise Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I've "died" twice. The first time I was 18 months old and got viral spinal menengitis. The second time I was 15 and got mastoiditis that went unchecked for 3 months till it bored a hole through my skull to my brain.

I've had chicken pox 3 times and shingles 4 times.

My husband and I were in Hawaii at the same time in 1989; I was 8 and my husband was 21. LOL
  • shannajojo
    shannajojo Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm Kevin Bacon. I usually am a friend of a friend and I'm the one who knows both people somehow. It's a small world.

Me and my brother, Joshua, are a little over 9 months apart. He was born August 4, 1979 and I was born May 17, 1980.

I'm scared to death of rollercoasters and I don't know why.

I almost always have a dream about the people in my life that have passed away the day after they pass away. For instance, Ihave dreamed about my grandfather, father, and my friend, Russ. Two dreams were in hospital settings, and I don't remember what was said to me. The dream I had about my father were were in a 50's style diner booth and all I remember him saying was "Pray." I have very vivid dreams, and believe God speaks to me in my dreams.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I had a miracle healing from gallbladder disease! Five doctors told me I'd have to have it removed. One day, during one horribly intense attack, my dh called me and said he was tired of it, put his hands on my stomach and said, in the name of Jesus, your gallbladder is healed! Immediately I ran from him, threw up all over the bathroom and all the pain stopped. Haven't had a gallbladder attack in three years, prior to that day I was having them 2-4 times a week.

It was amazing, and I'm amazed by the power of God every time I think about it.
    Amazing, indeed. My grandmother had a similar healing of Parkinson's disease.. she had it for a few decades..was prayed over in her church.. and was healed :-)

That IS awesome. Parkinson's! That - wow! God is so above and beyond all we can imagine. Jesus is the most beautiful name ever! I like this quote - how unsearchable is his wisdom and his ways past finding out! All things are possible with God.
  • seal57
    seal57 Posts: 1,307
    Options
    Every time I hear about someone who is suicidal on a blogging site I go on a lot, I'm always first to ask people to send them love and to beg them not to do it. I feel like I do it for the wrong reasons, though. I do it because I feel guilty for not reaching a friend in time a few years ago. They're gone now.

That hit home for me. Same thing happened with my little brother last year in May, I still feel guilty to this day......... :cry:

Sorry for your friend and your little brother...But if a person is going to end their life they will do it....Unless you have been in the same place that they have been to do it, then you don't understand how it feels.....I know because I have been there....Took 32 pills a couple of weeks before Christmas....Bloody prozac are very dangerous to people have thoughts of suicide....Actually, I think they give you thoughts of suicide.....

Also, last week a neighbour suicided....she must have been in a really bad place because she hung herself....

I'm doing really great now and I'm on much better pills that are amazing....I feel like I haven't felt in years......
  • SugarBottomzes
    SugarBottomzes Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm in one of the marching bands for the 4th of July parade in I Know What You Did Last Summer. All three high schools in the county the movie was being filmed in were in that scene. I was a band geek, so I was there lol

Lameness lol
  • v_mdravensfan
    v_mdravensfan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Love this thread -

OK, as a child I appeared on both Romper Room and the Bozo the Clown shows.

Have visited all the US states except Alaska (mostly for work) and 9 other countries.

Am lucky enough to have a job I love supporting the troops and their families who take such good care of all of us!

And I am glad to be here on MFP!!!
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    Every time I hear about someone who is suicidal on a blogging site I go on a lot, I'm always first to ask people to send them love and to beg them not to do it. I feel like I do it for the wrong reasons, though. I do it because I feel guilty for not reaching a friend in time a few years ago. They're gone now.

I carry some of the same guilt.
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Part B----I was once strip-searched by US Customs from a flight from Guatemala City in retaliation--after I lipped off to a customs agent with a drug sniffing dog--that I was being profiled--

I was very young and very dumb

And now I no longer fly

Wow! You are very brave! I am intimidated by the fact that they can take your liquids and lighter. At least they didn't give you the "cavity" search. :O
  • redhousecat
    redhousecat Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I was on the bozo show in the 70's.

Last summer, I nearly passed on due to a blood disorder. My hematocrit and hemoglobin levels were as low as a dead person's, yet I was still walking (barely). I was a spectacle in the hospital and all the relevant dr's and nurses came to look at me because none had ever seen a living person with numbers that low.

I was clueless.